Big Boss Man

javierjiminy

Dark Match Jobber
I wonder what Boss Man would've done if he was still alive today. So, if he was alive, what do you think Boss Man would have done from 2004 until now? And I encourage creative storylines, and ideas to go along this thread.

I like Bossman, so take what I'm about to say with that in mind...

Bossman was released in 2003 after being relegated by the WWE. He was not over anymore and he was old. He then got pretty outspoken about the WWE product on a number of occasions.

If he were still alive today he would possibly have worked a few dates for TNA, maybe even brought in by Hogan at some point, but he'd be pretty much a nobody.

Boss Man was huge when I was little. I still can't believe he never won the Intercontinental Championship. I mean really, wouldn't Boss Man have been better than The Mountie!?

I think Boss man was just too old to be relevant anymore alive or no.

If Ray was still alive he would have been on TNA with Hogan and his stooges at some point. Besides that he would be taking independent bookings and doing shoot interviews with Hall and Zybysko

Boss Man would probably be doing the same "I'm gonna knock some heads together" routine Sergeant Slaughter is doing today.

He'd likely be operating under a Legends' contract, occasionally showing up on WWE programming to put over some new hotshot talent......in between making paid autograph appearances at State Armories in New Jersey.

We're still with ya, Ray.:)

If Ray was still with us, he would be 48, so hopefully he would be have had a legends contract, as the previous poster menrtioned...I always liked Bossman...I was a teenager watching the WWF, I was so happy when he turned on Ted Dibiase, and handed Jake Roberts his sack containing Damian back lol.....funny, even after all these years, when I saw that Bossman was going to be a download for the WWE All-stars game, that prompted me to go buy it....and my tag team of choice to use? Bossman & Jake....

RIP Big Ray...

I was surprised when I found out how popular Big Boss Man was in the WWE in the early 90s, he definitely could have been IC title material.

If he was still with us now, he would not be in the WWE, at least not as an active wrestler. He would be too old, and really wasn't very relevant anyway at the time of his release. I do think he would have appeared in TNA at some point, and maybe would still be there with Hogan and the "boys" in Immortal, living off his fame as a former WWE star without really being relevant.

I think Boss Man had a pretty decent career, but at his age I think his career would be definitely finishing

Compared to some of the fossils in TNA at the moment, Bossman would be a youngster!!

I would have liked to have seen him with a legends contract should he have still been with us....hell, wwe have had Nash on tv latelly, and Bossman would have been several years younger than him....

I really liked the Big Boss Man.. both before and during the Attitude Era. I like most think at some point he would have been used by TNA as Hogans bodyguard or some sort of enforcer. I think he could have some relevance in the WWE working mostly outside the ring and again as an enforcer or bodyguard for a younger Wrestler. Maybe he could have been invoved with Punks Straight Edge Society or something along those lines. Maybe a Wiiliam Regal type roll. I actually miss him being around.

For the first few years since 2004, I think Big Boss Man would have been a jobber in WWE. He eventually would get future endeavoured and do absolutely nothing for a bit. Then once Hogan and his buddies such as The Nasty Boys or Bubba The Love Sponge showed up in TNA then I could see Big Boss Man joining TNA at the same time. He could have formed a stable of security guards with Gunner and Murphy. Then he would have joined Immortal where he would waste time along with everyone else who is in that pointless stable. So it looks like he would probably not have done anything all too memorable if he were still around, but he definitely would have gone to TNA with or without Hogan due to WWE not wanting to really use him anymore in the end.

The Big Bossman was feuding with Hulk Hogan, and they had a couple of really great cage matches together. There was one of those matches where Hogan superplexed Bossman from the top of the cage, I think it was the biggest bump I had ever seen until Taker vs Mankind HiaC. I remember thinking that it was amazing that Bossman didn't fall through the mat. Then when he turned face suddenly he was on fire. If a star had as much momentum and as big a fanbase as Bossman had then today, they'd be WWE Champion. Back then, Bossman just lost intercontinental championship matches. I remember when I was little, watching commercials for WWF toys, and VHS videos, and ads for Prime Time Wrestling, I thought that second only to Hulk Hogan The Big Bossman was the biggest guy in the WWF. I was wrong, obviously, but that's the kind of push he was getting, and he was getting over with the fans, it seemed to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back