Beyonce might have lip-synced the inauguration

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Here's my question...why does anyone give a fuck? It was her voice, nobody paid to attend, and there would be far more criticism if she sang and it sounded terrible due to factors outside of her control.

Could someone explain to me why this is being discussed on news show, without telling me "it's just a really slow news day"?

It's Beynoce, she can do whatever the hell she wants. She's proven herself to be a musical powerhouse with nearly unrivaled ability. It's not like she's Ashley Simpson or Milly Vanilly, she's Beyonce fucking Knowels, and she is the queen. If I paid $200 to see her sing at a stadium show then I'd be pretty ticked, but she was performing on a stage on a chilly D.C. day for free, so what's the big deal?

I've seen this as a huge story and I thought the same thing as Sly. Who cares if she sang live or not? At the end of the day it was her voice coming out of the speakers and she was likely the reason some of the people showed up. As JGlass said, she's one of the biggest stars in the world and can pretty much get away with whatever she wants. This isn't anything of note though and I have no idea why people are so annoyed by it. It wasn't a concert. It was President Obama's inauguration. Let it go.

I honestly don't think she did, but even if, it was still her voice, and she did a damn good job. The only people who think otherwise are those who hate her for her fame then pass it off as "she's a performer, not a singer".

It's Beynoce, she can do whatever the hell she wants. She's proven herself to be a musical powerhouse with nearly unrivaled ability. It's not like she's Ashley Simpson or Milly Vanilly, she's Beyonce fucking Knowels, and she is the queen. If I paid $200 to see her sing at a stadium show then I'd be pretty ticked, but she was performing on a stage on a chilly D.C. day for free, so what's the big deal?

Exactly what he says. If she did, big whoop. Still sounded good.

Mike Doughty, a musician whose opinion I particularly respect weighed in on the matter:

Beyonce Wasn't Lip Synching

Slate works particularly hard at keeping you from directly copying their text, but the gist of the article is this: "I've worked in music all my life. I've lip-synched. I know better than you." Normally the "I know better than you" argument is one I roll my eyes at, but in this case, I am pretty sure that he does know better than the average person. He goes on to provide several examples of lip-synching, including himself doing what he admits is an awful job at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back