• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beyoncé: Better Musician or Actress?

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Music Career
She starred out in a group called Destiny's Child with Kelly Rowland & Michelle Williams. They had such hits as Say my Name, Survivor & Bootylicious.

in 2000 she started her solo career and made a song for the Hit movies Austin Powers: Goldmember.

[youtube]ugbQHWxsP64[/youtube]

in 2003 she put out her debut solo album Dangerously in Love. It gave us hits like Crazy in Love & Baby Boy. In 2004 she put out the 4th and Final album as a part of Destiny's Child called Destiny Fulfilled. After the album came out and the following tour the three women went there separate ways.

Acting Career
Cant go into much detail her but here's what she's been in.

2001: Carmen: A hip Hopera ( Lead Role[Carmen]; TV Film)

2002: Austin Powers in Gold memeber (Lead Role; Foxxy Cleopatra)

2003: The Fighting Temptations (Lead Role; Lilly)

2004: Fade to Black (Herself; Documentary)

2006: Dreamgirls ( Lead Role; Deena Jones)
The Pink Panther (Supporting Role; Xania)

2007: My Night at the Grammys (Herself; TV film)

2008: Caddillac Records (Supporting Role; Etta James)
Obssesed (Lead Role; Sharon Charles)

2009: Wow Wow Wubbzy (TV Series; Shine (Voice); 4 episodes;
Wubbzy's Big Makeover/The Big Wuzzlewood
Wubb Girlz Rule!/Wuzzleburg Idol
Bye Bye Wuzzleburg/Wubbzy's Wacky Journey
Lights, Camera, Wubbzy!/A Wubbstar Is Born)

2010: Sister, Sister (Lead Role; Lisa Harris)
Aida (Lead Role; Aida)

She's won/been nominated for hundreds of awards for both her acting and singing. Instead of putting them all down here I'll link you to the wiki page.

Lists of awards & nomination received by Beyoncé

Beyonce is a rare breed in the industry now a days. She not only can actually sing, really well(unlike GaGa, Britney, Katy, ect) she can also dance(unlike Mariah, Christina, Whitney, Leona, ect)and is an overall great performer and she also writes/co-writes her own stuff.

Critics and peers alike(Kanye West, Stevie Wonder, Cher, ect & Rolling Stone, Vibe, MTV, ect) have all called Beyonce one of this generations best performers. The girl has it all.

But anyways, Beyonce is hands down a better musician than she is an actress. While she has gotten better at acting along the way, and in movies like Dream Girls(Golden Globe Nominated) and Cadillac Records she has pulled out great performances, she still is better as a musician. She tends to play it safe in her movie roles(both Dream Girls & Cadillac Records she plays a musician)or has a mistep(Obsessed was campy, and fierce and she played the character well....the whole movie including Beyonce was a hot mess).

As a singer she's usually flawless with no missteps. With every album she releases it sells amazingly well, she has won 7 solo grammys(+ 3 for DC3), and is recognized as one of the best today.

Not to say she won't become a great award winning, respected Actress(which she probably will), but music is what Beyonce breathes and she excels at it so much, that she'll always be recognized as a singer before an actress.

In music she's a standout. In acting she's mediocre(better than other singer/actors--Madonna/Britney/Hilary Duff, ect but nowhere's near Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, levels)

I can't say she's particularly impressed me in any of her film roles. I won't deny her talent as a performer as M_F said, she's miles above most of the pop "divas" these days. Granted I'm not a big fan of pop or R&B so Beyonce isn't my thing, but I recognize she's certainly very skilled.

Right now though I think the vote would definitely have to go to being a Better Musician, simply because she hasn't really been in that many movies so far, so it'd be unfair to judge her in that aspect of her career yet.

Well even though pop music isn't really my forte of music, I will recognize that Beyonce is talented as a musician & like M_F & Xfear have said, she's miles above the majority of the current pop "divas" these days.

Now as far as her acting skills go, i've seen a couple of movies that she's been in & the movies that i've seen her in are movies that I wouldn't reccomend anybody on here to see those movies due to the horrible acting that those movies posses. Her acting skills are also nothing to write home about as I would say that their not terrible, but their also not great either.

So i'll say Beyonce is definitely a better singer than an actress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back