• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best WWE PPV of 2012

Which was the Best WWE PPV of 2012?

• Royal Rumble

• Elimination Chamber

• WrestleMania 28

• Extreme Rules

• Over The Limit

• No Way Out

• Money in the Bank

• SummerSlam

• Night of Champions

• Hell in a Cell

• Survivor Series

• TLC

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProWrestlingFan

Championship Contender
In my opinion the best WWE PPV of 2012 was Extreme Rules.

Extreme Rules 2012 was a great PPV. The PPV featured matches like Randy Orton vs Kane - Falls Count Anywhere which was way better then their match at Wrestlemania 28.

Chris Jericho faced the WWE Champion CM Punk in a Chicago Street Fight which surpassed their match at Wrestlemania 28. The main event was Brock Lssnar vs John Cena which was a great match because of Lesnar using the MMA style. One of the most compelling matches of the PG Era. Overall great PPV.

Worst WWE PPV : Royal Rumble 2012: Only good thing about this PPV was CM Punk vs Dolph Ziggler. The Royal Rumble match was one of the worst Royal Rumble matches in years IMO.

Which was the best WWE PPV of 2012 and which was the worst?

TLC was PPV of the year, only PPV I've been into from start to finish, the Shield vs Team Hell No and Ryback was amazing, Ziggler/Cena was also one hell of a match with a predictable but very strong finish.

Worst had to be Hell In A Cell, poor matches all around, and the main event was a shambles.

Best match of they year was Punk/Bryan from Over The Limit

Worst is money in the bank because I didnt like a single spot of it and the fact that cena won makes it worse
BEst for me is no way out because people power john laurinatis is fired and all matches are solid even the divas match

The best PPV of the year was Wrestlemania 28. It delivered a great show from beginning to end and other than a couple of things, I would not have changed anything about it. Sheamus & Bryan getting an actual match as well as them NOT going on first would have been nice, and John Cena should have defeated The Rock. Those are the only things I would have changed about the show, other than that it was amazing and by a rather large margin the best show of the year for me. We got a great WWE Championship match, a truly memorable moment in the Taker VS Trips match, and a main event that despite its outcome lived up to its year long hype.

Then we have the worst show of the year. It comes down to No Way Out and Over The Limit. Both of them were somewhat weak shows and their terrible choices for what closed each of these shows did them no favors. I'm going with No Way Out, as it was just barely worse. That Tuxedo match sticks out as waste of time, and the rest of card overall was bad even on paper. I was not going to buy the show based completely on CM Punk VS Kane & Daniel Bryan, but that was the only thing that the show offered that was worth paying anything to watch.

Without a shadow of a doubt TLC beats everything from this year, absolutely incredible PPV. Infact it was so good ill probably buy it on Blu ray, assuming it is released. It just had everything, great matches, great story lines and some brilliant spills.

Extreme Rules.

It had filler but the matches that mattered all delivered. Kane versus Randy Orton opened the show with a great brawl, throughout the arena and finished with a great RKO onto the steel chair for the victory. Cody Rhodes versus Big Show was a short but fun match, especially the post-match when Show decimated Rhodes with that big spot over the top rope through a table. Sheamus versus Daniel Bryan is one of the matches of the year, it had a little bit of everything and showcased how much Bryan's popularity had grown.

Then you had two other match of the year candidates to boot. Jericho versus Punk was far superior to their WrestleMania match and it featured a pretty good story, Punk defending not only his honor but the pride in his family. Loved the Punk elbow drop onto Jericho through the announce table. And then the main event was one of the most innovative and unique matches ever, not just of this year. Lesnar beat the pulp out of John Cena, nearly killed himself going over the top rope in the process and Cena was able to recover and pick up the win after a great finish.

and a main event that despite its outcome lived up to its year long hype.

Lived up to it's long hype? Rock vs Cena had to be without a doubt one of the WORST Rock matches of all time, and one of Cena's worst matches of all time. That match was absolutely horrid and did not live up to the hype, which is probably why NOBODY wants to see that match again. As with the rest of the IWC I'll be agreeing and say TLC was the best PPV of the year, none of the matches were bad. Even the Divas match was good (minus the ending). Probably the worst match was the 3MB vs ADR/Miz/BB match. I will however be out of the majority and say Ziggler vs Cena was match of the night. In my opinion one of Cena's best matches of his career, and I'm not even a Cena fan. I'd say it's definitely in his top 5 matches of all time. I don't think I've ever seen Cena do a hurricanrana. I was literally shocked to see that. And that smile he gave (was it right after?) I think he did that to mock the IWC to show he does in fact have more than 5 moves. Made me laugh anyway. The 6man TLC match was great, and I thought nothing would top it, but to me anyway, Ziggler (or would it be AJ? (also DAT ASS)) stole the show. 10/10 would watch again.

I would give the top 4 to Tables, Ladders and Chairs, Night of Champions, Wrestle-Mania and Extreme Rules. All the other PPVs had uneventful matches that had no payoffs whatsoever.

Survivor Series, without a shadow of a doubt. It was a great show from start to finish and blew every other WWE event this year out of the water.

It will be a toss up between Extreme Rules and TLC, both great PPVs with great matches. Extreme Rules edges ahead because the hype surrounding the main event and a rare occasion in which it lived upto its hype. But TLC is more significant from WWE's point of view, because it just proved that Dolph Ziggler and The Shield can be banked upon for great matches in coming days. Particularly impressed with The Shield, and Seth Rollins' bump was a highlight point of the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back