• USA

• Canada

• Japan

• Mexico

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I go with Japan. A shitload of greats have passed through Japan such as Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, etc. The wrestlers over there can do amazing things in a ring and wrestling is seen as a legitate sport over there,unlike here where it's "Sports Entertainment". Overall, Japan is the best country to wrestle in. In my opinion of course.

No doubt that it has to be canada that is the best wrestling country.Over there it's a tradition to those guy's.A lot of great wrestlers came from that place.It doesn't matter of how good their mic skill is over there,as long as you can wrestle you are a wrestler.

World Cup of Professional Wrestling
#1 Seed - Team Japan
#2 Seed - Team Canada
#3 Seed - Team U.S.A.
#4 Seed - Team Mexico
#5 Seed - Team U.K.
#6 Seed - Team New Zealand
#7 Seed - Team Samoa
#8 Seed - Team Italy

First round matchups will be 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5.

Criteria:
Wrestlers who came from that country
Importance of Wrestling to Fan Base
Impact on the Business side of Pro Wrestling
History of Wrestling in that Country
Contribution of Styles to Pro Wrestling

Teams can get up to 3 points in each category. I will post results to a new match each day (if possible) and let you debate the choice. This could be a lot of fun...

If you're looking for people for Team Mexico its simple
Younger Konnan-this guy was amazing as hell back in the good ol AAA years. very respected over there
Octagon-This guy is a mix of lucha libre and martial arts.very talented
El Santo-Pioneer of lucha libre and made wrestling famous in Mexico.
Blue Demon-wow.involved in many famous and great feuds and is regarded as one of Mexicos greatest wrestlers
Perro Aguayo-He was one of the biggest box attractions in lucha libre history.Many people describe him as a cross of Terry Funk and Bruno Sammartino because of his willingness to brawl and overpower his opponents

Screw It Im substituting out Rip Morgan and putting in High Chief Peter Maivia, The Rocks grandfather, His early career was also in New Zealand winning titles. So Im substituting Rip Morgan for some big name power.

1st Round - #1 Japan vs #8 Italy

Team Japan comes to the ring with Inoki, Tanaka, Tajiri, Sasake, and Liger to match up again Marella, Sammartino, and the FBI while they were in ECW. Despite the fact that Sammartino puts up an impressive fight by eliminating Tajiri and Tanaka by himself, Team Italy is just no match, and Team Japan survives 3 members.

Japan wins wrestler contributions, 3-1
Japan wins fan base, 3-0
Japan wins impact on business, 3-1
Japan wins history of wrestling, 3-0
Japan wins style contributions, 3-1, thanks to the true advent of hardcore wrestling and help in high flying, vs Italy's contribution of short guys who can suplex.

By a score of 15-3, Japan has eliminated Italy and will move on to the Semi-finals!

1st Round - #2 Canada vs #7 Samoa

Team Canada comes out to the National Anthem, with the team of Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Chris Jericho, Edge, and Chris Benoit with Lance Storm and Christian outside waving the maple leaf proudly. Team Samoa begins with the Headshrinkers (Samu and Fatu, also known as Rikishi), and the Wild Samoans (Afa and Sika). The 2 legendary tag teams wait in the ring for their team captain, as the crown begins to chant "Umaga Sucks!" What they get, however, is the surprise emergence of - THE ROCK!

Canada wins Wrestler Contributions, 3-2
Canada wins fan base, 3-0
Canada wins impact on business, 3-2
Canada wins history of wrestling, 3-0
Canada wins style contributions, 3-1

While Samoa has given us (in part) The Rock, and helped redefine tag team wrestling and the concept of savagery in professional wrestling, Canada is just way too strong between the Hart Family, the contributions of technical and high flying wrestling styles, the rabid fan base, Stampede wrestling, etc.

By a score of 15-5, Canada has eliminated Samoa and will move on to the Semi-Finals!

Quick question IrishCanadian....who decides these results? You? Seems kinda unfair doesn't it?

And as for Italy, you could've added Domenic Denucci(the man who trained Mick Foley) he was a beast back in the day. And the FBI aren't really from Italy, either. And for Mexico, you NEED to include Mil Mascaras...the man revolutionized wrestling in Mexico and was like a movie star down there...amazing wrestler as well.

XFear - Ever the one keeping me in line, eh? You're good at your job. The way I look at it, I left nominations and voting for a week, now it's time to get down to business. I will absolutely take Mascaras into consideration, but Denucci wasn't nominated soon enough. Even with him, Italy had NO HOPE against Japan, and I included the FBI because we had nobody else.

I am hoping some of the "result" in the mock tournament spur some further debate. Anyone who disagrees with any of my ratings, PLEASE jump on me for it. Should serve only to make it that much more fun!

1st Round - #3 USA vs #6 New Zealand

Team USA, after much careful deliberation, is made up of Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Ron Simmons, and Curt Henning. Before they can all assemble, however, a masked man runs down to the ring - It's Mr. America! Wait, wait, - It's security! And Mr. America is being led off in shackles. Oh well.

Team New Zealand heads to the ring made up of (thanks Shadowmancer!) Pat O'Connor, The Sheepherders, Tony Garea and Link van Haggard. The bell sounds.

USA wins Wrestler Contributions, 3-1. Tony Garea was something, no doubt, but there is no contest here.
USA wins fan base, 3-1
USA wins impact on business, 3-0. No contest in that area.
USA wins history of wrestling, 3-2. New Zealand does have some history here.
USA and New Zealand tie style contributions, 2-2, both taking much of what other countries bring to the table, and still making it partially their own.

New Zealand proves to not be much of a challenge, and though Tony Garea manages to knock off Curt Henning in the ring, Ron Simmon's shoulder breaker takes out both sheepherders, and O'Conner submits to the figure four of the dirtiest player in the game.

By a score of 14-6, USA has eliminated New Zealand and will move on to the Semi-Finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back