• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Vampire Movie Ever

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
This thread is entirely inspired by Let The Right One In. Though I have yet to see it, I caught the early redband trailers, and have heard nothing but amazing things about it. I stumbled across it at a local video store, and pounced on it. The guy that worked there had never even heard of it.

This is a pretty simple thread idea. Just tell us what you think the greatest vampire movie ever is. Don't forget to tell us why, please. And, anyone that says Bloodrayne or Blade, will likely get red rep.

I'm a fan of old school horror, so I'm going with 1931's Dracula. For modern times, it may not seem scary, or innovative, but without that movie, we don't have half of the monster movies we have now. Bela Lugosi is far and away the best vampire ever, and anyone who takes a part in a modern horror should look at that as a model.

I kind of liked 30 days of Night, but it wasn't original enough... Watch it maybe you'll like it. It's got a lot of violence, gore, bad language, sexual themes and anything you'd like in a vampire movie. It also throws in some human moral stuff.

I'd have to say Lost Boys for sure. Pure classic and one of the 80's best films. Plus, it has Keifer Sutherland, Corey Feldman, and Corey Haim; the three greatest actors ever lol. Interview with a Vampire comes in at second for me, Brad Pitt is pretty bad ass and it's good overall movie, even though it can seem kind of long and boring to some.

Let the Right One In is a GREAT movie! I have to see it a few more times before I would rank it up there with the greatest vampire films of all time, but man... it truly is a fantastic movie. That's how a love story between a kid and a Vampire is suppose to be. Fuck Twilight!

Anyway, my personal favorite Vampire film is From Dusk 'Til Dawn. With all due respect to great vampire films like Near Dark (which I'm very surprised to see hasn't gotten any love yet in this thread thus far) and The Lost Boys, From Dusk 'Til Dawn had everything in a movie you could ever want: Hilarity, gore, sexiness, bad ass motherfuckers, suspense, heart pounding action, ect. I it saw for the first time about five years ago, and I had zero idea what it was about, and I'm so glad I didn't, because it turned out to be a great experience that way. I sure as shit didn't expect this film to turn into a full fledge Vampire movie half way through like it did. But since it did... it counts as a Vampire movie and will most likely forever remain to be my favorite Vampire film of all time. I can watch this anytime and be thoroughly entertained.

I have to go with Interview with the Vampire. and no it's not because brad pitt is in it (cant stand him) or because of tom cruise (certifiable nut job). i just like it because it shows vampires in a classic way. still cruise was awsome as lestat, he made the movie what it is.

Wow maybe cuz I'm a film major I'm going in a different route. We wouldn't have Twlight, or Interview the Vampire or Lost Boys if it weren't for Nosferatu (1922). Its basically your typical German Expressionist film about a vampire. Its in black and white and if you really like horror movies this should be the one to see. It is seriously creepy. Its probably the first vampire movie made. But if old old movies aren't your favorite. Watch Shadow of The Vampire (2000). Its got Willam Dafoe who plays the Vampire and its a fictional portrayal of the making of Nosferatu. In the film F.W. Murnau (the director of Nosferatu) played by John Malkovich finds a real vampire (Dafoe) to play the part of the Vampire in Nosferatu. It pays respect to Nosferatu the movie but at the same time poking fun at the movie. Its not really a comedy but it does have some comedy in it. Check them both out!! You'll love em!

Hmmm...I'll list three:

1) Let The Right One In: Oh, man, I loved this movie. I'm a fan of gore, and I definitely think there could have been just a tad more in this one, but what they did show was genuinely squirm-inducing and used just right. I would probably only list this film as the best vampire film ever made if it wasn't for the fact that vampirism isn't the focal point of this film. Rather, it is just a device to further emphasize the loneliness and desperation of one of the main characters.

2) The Lost Boys
: I think Joel Schumacher is, overall, a piss poor director. However, he really hit it out of the park with this film, probably because it made strengths of what are usually his weaknesses (i.e., little character development and kitschy set design/filming locations).

3) Fright Night: This film has the perfect mixture of comedy and horror. Although, at times, it borders on being tongue-in-cheek (e.g., the main character seeking the advice of an ex-actor/show host best known for playing a vampire hunter on how to kill the vampire that lives next door to him), the gore scenes and the main character's voyeurism create feelings of terror and suspense that make us take this film seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back