Favorite movie starring...Will Smith

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
i-am-legend-front-cover.jpg

I've said before that I like Vampire movies and while I don't think they use the word vampire at all in this movie when you have blood drinkers who can't go out in the sunlight that's pretty much what they are. As for the movie itself I love the plotline & Smith plays his character perfect. There really isn't a bad thing I can say about this movie so if you haven't seen it yet I highly reccomend you at the very least rent it and give it a watch.​

men-in-black.jpg

Movie is the shit. I love watching it every chance I get. Will Smith is more a comedian in this role, where he partners up with.....damn I forgot his name, to save the world from aliens. He joins a secret goverment group called the MIB or the Men In Black. Awesome movie with great affects.

Sorry for the spam.

Will Smith is one of my favorite actors and I also really enjoyed, "I am Legend." But here is my favorite.

will-smith-hancock.jpg

This is my favorite because it has a lot of action and is pretty funny. I always like Will Smith's comedy side especially, on the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. This moivie was unique and wasn't to predictable. It had comedy, drama, and action all mixed into one and was highly entertaining.

I still watch the Fresh Prince to this day because it is one of my favorite shows. I find him very hilarious and entertaining to watch. I wish he would do more comedy movies these days but I think he is an amazing actor with a lot of talent. He can play in any type of movie and plays the part well.

My favourite Will Smith movie will always be

INDEPENDENCE DAY

What a film that is, it has always been one of my favourites from the 1st time I saw it. I was 9 years old when it came out, and I remember hiding in the toilets at the cinema while my Mum bought us the tickets to go and see it. I was soooo excited and it didnt let me down.

The scenes where the alien spacecraft drives out of the clouds towards the camera is one of the best scenes in any move, I absolutely love it. It is 14 years old at least now, but I dont think it has dated at all, the special effects are still amazing.

Will Smith acted brilliantly, he was perfectly cast in the role, and Jeff Goldblum was excellent too, as was Bill Pullman as the President

AWESOME FILM

A70-14246

Smith is one of my all time favorite actors. He can always bring tons of energy and charisma to the big screen, and his range is incredible, and this is an easy pick for me.

Smith did an amazing job portraying Muhammad Ali. Smith was the perfect person to play Ali, because he does have a striking resemblance to the boxing legend, and Will really did do a great job with this role. This is my favorite performance from him ever. The fight scenes here were pretty cool, and I do think this film did a good at showcasing some of the more important and historical moments in Ali's life and career. I enjoyed Denzel Washington in Training Day, but I do think Smith should've won the Oscar for Best Actor, because he was just great in this movie. Smith not winning the award that year is definitely high up on my list of Oscar snubs/mistakes.

Has to be Hitch, this film just feels like The Fresh Prince of Bel Air with Kevin James as a Carlton stand in. I have been known to watch the wedding dance scene on loop:lmao:
[YOUTUBE]inPnVL41N_c[/YOUTUBE]​

"The Pursuit of Happyness" (that's how you spell it).

When I've thought of Will Smith, it's always been for his comedy. Even his terrific performance in "Independence Day" featured him as a posturing, wise-cracking hotshot. But "The Pursuit of Happyness" showed a side of him I never knew existed. It was about a man trying to make it in the world while taking care of his son. Before the happy ending, his life spirals downward as he desperately tries to succeed. At the height of his desperation, he and his son are homeless and sleeping on a bathroom floor in the subway. In the depths of his despair, he starts to cry; a single tear.....and I cried, too. I couldn't help it; Will's performance demanded it.

There are many seasoned actors who couldn't have handled this role with the skill and emotion that Will Smith did. I've liked him in everything he's done; but this one topped all.

Bad Boys. It was the movie that put Will Smith on the market in the first place. The film was fresh, new and had that Miami Vice feel to it but in my opinion was better then Miami Vice. Film had a good combination of action and comedy. Hands down my favorite Will SMith film and has to be Micheal Bay's best film aswell.

I am a big fan of Will Smith. He is easily one of the best American actors working today and is pretty damn close to being the best African American actor, the only person I would put him behind is Morgan Freeman. So needless to say I am a rather big fan of his work. My favorite being Independence Day. I basically consider this as his breakthrough performance and most important in regards to getting him into the upper echelon, A list actor category. He was brilliant as the cocky, smart ass, bad ass soldier. Not unlike a lot of his earlier works but it left a lasting impression on me. His part was written and performed to damn near perfection. Other Smith movies I love are Men in Black, Seven Pounds and Ali. All amazing movies, carried by his acting.

First of all, nothing Will Smith does in his movie career will ever live up to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. That show was fucking awesome.

But, the best movie he's starred in has to be... shit, to be quite honest, I really don't like any of his films. When I was a kid I liked Independence Day, Enemy of the State and the Men in Black movies, but I can't stand any them today. And even as a young man, when you're usually going to like anything you see with a bunch of action in it, I still hated Wild Wild West and Bad Boys.

And nothing Will Smith has been in the last decade have I liked. He gave some great performances in Ali and The Pursuit of Happyness, but neither were highly enjoyable films, in my opinion. I hated Hitch, I Robot, I Am Legend, and Hancock. Hancock actually had potential to be wonderful, but they ruined it with the 2nd half of the movie.

Looking at Smith's filmography, the only film he's been in that I like is Jersey Girl, and his role was basically just a cameo in it. But that's it, man. I really like the guy, and I want to like every movie he's in, but his roles are shit for the most part, unfortunately.

I love all of his movies. I enjoyed Independence Day, MIB, MIBII, ALi, I Robot. But the movies I have enjoyed the most from Will Smith are his more recent movies from the last 5 or 6 years starting with Hitch.

Hitch was great romantic comedy. I like to think of it as the romance movie for men since this was based more on the men's side of things rather than women's since that's what romantic movies tend to be.

Pursuit of Happyness was great. Tremendous emotion in it and portrayed the person he was playing phenomenly.

I Am Legend: As Someone mentioned I also enjoy vampire/sci-fi type of movies so this movie really won me over quickly.

Hancock:Might have been corny but still pretty good.

My Personal Favorite Will Smith Movie:

Seven Pounds:I'm usually picky about drama's and which one's I really like. This was great and had an excellent storyline. I picked up on the fact he was involved in an accident while I was watching the movie but I had no idea he stole his brother's identity or using his brother's identity to help the people he was helping. Nice twist at the end of the movie. Then he fell in love before he died at the end. I was sad. I was so hoping that they could find a doner for Rosario Dawson's character. I wanted them to be together.

I liked Will Smith from the days I saw him on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, so it wasn't hard for me to like a Will Smith Movie. I probably saw the Men in Black movies a dozen times each when I was a teenager, and Enemy of the State was one of the first "adult" movies I was allowed to see shortly after. I thought Will Smith was great as a kid. As he began to 'mature" as an actor, I really didn't like his stuff quite as much as I had before. I found him to be far better in a comedic role, until I saw The Pursuit of Hapiness.

Smith was nominated for and won an Academy Award for best actor in 2006 for his role in this movie. Im not typically into the "riches to rags to riches" type of genre, but Smith won me over with his performance in this movie. The best part of this was the utter determination and believability with which he played this role. I also found the attitude his character displayed in this movie to be so admirable. No matter how low their circumstances, he never let his son or his potential employers see him down. One of the moments that stuck with me from that film was when he gave his boss his last five dollars for a cab ride home, leaving him broke. I enjoyed the feel-good ending here, as Smith's character is awarded with a promotion. He was perfect for the role, and he played it out believably. My favorite Will Smith film, easily.

Well he is a great actor and I like almost every of his films but my most favorite film is Pursuit of Happiness...

My favorite movie starring will is "Independence day" I'm a fan of that kind of movie and i just like the plot. The part wheres He's in the desert and he opens up the aliens ship and punches him in the face and says" Welcome to earth" thats a great line. In fact the whole scene wheres hes in the desert is good. Lol at the convoy going up to area 51

I love Will Smith, hes one of my favorite actors. I think I've seen almost everyone of his movies and a liked them all. But for me I really liked the movie IRobot I don't know why but I found the plot to be cool and I really enjoyed that movie that much because of Smiths participation in it. IRobot is my favorite Will Smith movie but my favorite Will Smith performance has to go to his role in the fresh prince. I loved watching that show as a kid, good for laughs.

Men In Black has to be my favorite Will Smith film. I love Men In Black and to me it is just an excellent film. My second favorite Will Smith film is the Pursuit of Happyness. My least favorite Smith movie is Independence Day.

Is it wrong for me to like loads of Will Smith movies, but not because of anything Will Smith actually does in them?

I, like just about anyone with taste, loved Fresh Prince, but when it comes to all the Will Smith movies i've seen, i always think, well i liked it because of that guy or those actors, or because of the plot.

For example, i really liked MIB mainly because I really like Tommy Lee Jones, Rip Torn and crazy alien movies. I enjoyed Smith's performance, but i fell that if Jones had not been cast for example, my enjoyment could have dropped significantly.

I watched MIB II which is focused a lot more on Smith and a half brain dead Jones, and the film only really seems to pick up when Jones gets his memory back, despite the fact that everything else is pretty much EXACTLY the same as MIB.

Believe it or not, but i didn't think Wild Wild West was as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but that's because i like Kenneth Brannagh and Kevin Klein, AND it's got lots of shots of Salma Hayack's sweet ass, NOT because of anything Smith does.

Bad Boys is another classic Will Smith film, but would it have been anywhere near as good if Martin Lawrence hadn't been the other character? Again, i'm saying this because i'm a Martin Lawrence fan more than i am a Will Smith fan.

I've never watched Ali, wasn't interested. Same applies for Pursuit of Happiness or Hitch.

I think the reason i never gave I Robot a chance was because Will Smith starred in it. Not because i thought 'that'll be shit' automatically, but because the plot just sounded stupid at the time, and Smith's name wasn't a big enough draw to me. The same applied for Hancock. While a failed super hero trying to redeem himself is a great plot idea, once i heard Smith was the star, i lost interest again.

I finally got around to watching 'I Am Legend' and was under-whelmed to say the least. I didn't think it was a bad movie, i just didn't think it was anything worth raving about like everyone seemed to when it came out.

Independence Day is just an round great movie with a great cast. Nobody can sit there and say 'Smith alone makes that film amazing' because that's pure shit. Jeff Goldblum gives one of his best performances ever in that film.

The other big name movies of his, i've simply not seen for whatever reason.

If i had to pick a favourite, it'd probably have to be Bad Boys. I can just picture Lawrence saying 'Mike LOW-ery' over and over again and it makes me laugh (plus i was fixated by Tea Leoni's legs in that film). While Independence Day is truly an epic movie and has stood the test of time better than most other movies of its kind, i simply think Bad Boys is a more enjoyable movie all round.

"Bunch of random people with extremely limited knowledge of what they're up against save the word from aliens" vs "The African American equivalent of the odd couple in 90's Miami tear up the city to wipe out a drug cartel at the request of a dead hooker's mate." I know which i'd choose........ Joe Pantoliano tips the scale......

For me, Bad Boys {1995}.

I'm not really a fan of action movies, but Lawrence and Smith made an awesome duo, adding some comedy spice to the movie. Also adding Téa Leoni wasn't bad either:

tea-leoni-and-bad-boys-gallery.jpg

:blush:

I love his movies but honestly most of his roles in blockbuster movies are the same. The smart mouth dude that hates to follow rules but somehow ends up saving the day. If you seen him in one movie, you have seen it all. What makes him so good is that we are still willing to pay to see him doing the same shit in different movies. He has shown range in his acting with movies such as Ali and Seven Pounds but his bed and butter is still the wise guy roles. From Bad Boys to Independence Day to Shark Tale to Hancock, the characters are similar with only minor tweaks. Hey, don't fix what ain't broke.

My favourite Will Smith movie would be Independence Day because it has aliens, things being blown up, great action sequences, a corny theme of unity and is a fun popcorn movie. I also love how a stupid outdated computer virus can save the day against a technologically advanced invaders. Of course they cant make a sequel because the invaders will come back with better anti-virus and zap us to oblivion. :)

I'm going with:
hitch.jpg

One great, great, GREAT romantic comedy!!
OMG i just marked out that line:
"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away"

And i laugh like i never did in a movie in the part that he and Kevin James kiss!!
I love comedys and that one is at least on my TOP10 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back