• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Stoner Flick (Or, the Best Movie to Watch When You're High)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theirs alot to choose from, and also a movie can appear to be 5x better then it is when your stoned so let's think sober here or try to. I have 2 in particular that come to mind and that's Grandma's Boy and Harold & Kumar escape from guantanamo bay. I like classics like Half Baked & Cheech & Chong but not as much as these 2. Grandma's Boy has weed/beer/video games and tits so it's not missing anything for me.

i most definitely prefer harold and kumar get the munchies (AKA Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle),although it may be cos im stoned and watching it in bravo right now over here in the uk

Any Cheech and Chong movies great especially Up In Smoke! Well one movie i found hilarous sober was Pineapple Express! But then after watching it sober of couple times it gets kinda boring soo thats usually when i'd blaze it upp!;) Grandmas boy ehh i didnt find it too entertainning for some reason haha but others would be Harold and Kumar go to white castle like said earlier and my faves Friday and How High.

Hands fucking down Dazed and Confused is THE greatest stoner movie ever made, but it's so much more than just that, it's really one of the best American films made in the last twenty or so years. I have literally watched this film somewhere between 500-600 times in my life, and that is NOT an exaggeration. I would literally watch that movie on like a daily basis back when I first started smoking pot, that movie holds so many fond memories from when I was younger. Talk about a party movie! That movie remains one of my all time favorites to this day.

Everyone raves about Up in Smoke, I prefer Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams though and always have. Stacy Keach smokes pot that turns him slowly into a lizard. It's fucking AWESOME. Oh and it has Pee Wee Herman who has FAAARRR too much cocaine. Just a riot from start to finish, awesome stoner movie.

Really there are many movies I could name though, from Detroit Rock City to Half Baked to all kinds of movies. There's alot of movies that aren't really about stoners but I consider stoner movies, like The Doors biography or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Well, Fear and Loathing counts, that's for sure!

Too many to name. But Dazed and Confused will always be the single best.

I have to agree with X, Dazed and Confused is probably the greatest stoner movie ever made. It really played on the concept of drugs which can even be referenced in the name. Seriously, if you want to see a great stoner flick check out Dazed and Confused.

Also, Fear and Loathing is one of my favorite movies ever and that movie is all about using illegal drugs of all sorts. However, it is more of a memoir of Hunter Thompson's adventures when he was younger and the movie can be a little confusing if you have not read the book and understand that it is all on giant drug trip, at least for me it was.

I'm not sure that I am allowed to post in here, being that I am not a stoner, but I this thread is actually about movies that stoners might enjoy, I guess Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas would be a great one. It has many scenes that could be enjoyed better on some strong BC cannabis, as done around here would state.

Dazed and Confused hands down and it's not even close. I mean, a movie about a bunch of high schoolers partying after their last day of school. Set in the 70's, where pot smoking was normal. The movie really has some of the greatest one liners of all time. How can you not like lines such as:
"' That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

"I only came here to do two things, kick some ass and drink some beer. Looks like we're almost outta beer. "

The list can go on too. Fantastic movie and I'm not even a stoner, you don't have to be to enjoy this movie.

Reactions: X
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas I just could not get into for my life, it was to weird for me and I like Requiem For A Dream so that says alot. And damn I forgot about Dazed N Confused, I kinda thought it was just an American Culture Film not a Stoner Flick. Very good Movie though, it made me hate Affleck more then I already did.

For years I would say Friday, but having watched that movie a couple of times over the past couple of years, It' just didn't seem all that great to me. To tell you the truth, it's not all that funny to me anymore. My new pick would have to Pineapple Express. This movie cracks me up every time I see it. James Franco and Seth Rogen were great together. This movie was full of funny moments, and the Pineapple Express pot was amazing to look at.

I'd have to say Dazed and Confused. It is the best movie if you are a stoner. All the other ones inaccurately describes how it is, imo. e.g. In Half Baked the guy feeds a diabetic police horse. Now that is just something you wouldn't do high. However in Dazed and Confused they climb the big tower and stuff. That is something you could expect to do. Hell last night I climbed up in a tree with some friends and smoked a couple bowls. Dazed and Confused properly nails the night of a stoner. Partying with all the people and then chilling with your pal's like they did on the football field. All of the characters are great, slater though he is the best. The movie reminds me of how good High School actually is, that my friends make life pretty good.

I think Dazed and Confused is a great choice (for the reasons many have stated above) and I considered putting it as my number one but for me, it's got to be The Big Lebowski.

biglebowski.jpg

I admit I'm biased since I'm a huge fan of the Coens but there's so much to love about this one. The cast as a whole is incredible (from the leads to supporting), it is SO quotable, and I'd argue that The Dude is one of the greatest cinematic characters of all-time.

I'd have to say Smiley Face with Anna Faris. I've only smoked pot all but twice in my life, and neither experiences were really that sensational. However, based on what I have seen from watching my friends flying higher than a gorilla being launched out of a cannon, I'd say Smiley Face is relatively realistic. Faris's character is completely stoned the entire length of the film. Her character is compulsive, irrational, and aloof; all character traits of stoners.

The film is quite enjoyable without a buzz, and it contains one of the best stoner monologues that can be found in the stoner flick genre.

I've been a part of many discussions and threads on this forum and I'm never afraid to give my opinion on things. However, my opinion is always stated as nothing more than my opinion, since I feel that others' answers always have some sort of reasoning and validity and can possibly be a better choice than what I've chosen. However, in this case...

Dazed and Confused is, by far, the greatest stoner flick of all time. Anyone who thinks any differently either hasn't seen the movie, didn't pay attention to it, or is just completely wrong. There just is no question about this.

Even though it takes place in the mid 1970's, people of all generations can all relate to it. The greatest characteristic of this movie is that the plot is nearly non-existant. It's basically just a day in the life of Texas high school students and depicts the advantages and freedoms of being a part of the football team. Basically, these kids get away with murder and it's absolutely hilarious because viewers are constantly envying these students. Who wouldn't want to have the freedom to be on the football team, get laid whenever you want, have teachers in your back pocket, play mailbox baseball, be able to paddle little kids, and smoke pot all day and all night???

Its unique dynamic of the plot depicting the hazing of students before they are able to enter high school is absolutely brilliant. It shows how meaningful it was for the football players to befriend Mitch and for the cheerleaders to befriend Sabrina, allowing them to join in their first-ever high school party with many of the high school's most popular students.

I remember that my friends and I rented the movie from Blockbuster about three weeks into my freshman year of college. We wouldn't return it until the day before th end of the school year when we had to move back home. I must have watched that movie over 250 times that year (we watched it every time we smoked pot), and around 500+ times since then. I can almost recite the entire movie line-by-line from start to finish. We played little games that go with the movie like doing a shot every time someone took a sip of beer or smoking a bowl every time Mitch grabbed his nose. I've seen thousands of movies in my lifetime and this is probably in my top three... maybe even my favorite movie ever. I think that really says something.

Not to mention this movie had ENDLESS amounts of memorable characters and one-liners:

It was an early launching point for the career of Matthew McConaughey, who played David Wooderson; an older graduate that still hangs onto to high school glory by continuing to socialize with the younger students. His drunk, stoned demeanor throughout the movie spawed some great one-liners and has since become iconic.

Wooderson's Memorable Lines:
-Yeah, well, listen. You ought to ditch the two geeks you're in the car with now and get in with us.
-You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.
-Party at the Moon Tower.

It also included a younger Ben Affleck, who plays (in my opinion) the biggest ******** in movie history. His character was Fred O'Bannion; a senior participating in the hazing tradition for a second year after failing to graduate (he failed out). He was especially hated by the students because he enjoyed punishing the kids so much and had a second chance to do it all again due to his own stupidity.

O'Bannion's Memorable Lines:
-Y'all ready to bust some ass??
-I'm gonna dedicate this first lick to your mother... fuck her.

The movie also spawned arguably the greatest stoner character of all time... Slater. Rory Cochrane embodied everything that is a cool, high school druggie who's basically stoned 24/7. I mark out for him every time I see him on camera. There isn't one line that he spits out in the movie that you won't laugh at.

Slater's Memorable Lines:
-This country was founded by guys that were into aliens, man. George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man.
-I'm letting you have shotgun. But I want you to know it's because only 'cuz I'm goin' inside.

For those who haven't seen it, even if you don't smoke pot, you really need to give it a chance. Every kid who's ever wanted to break free and party in high school can relate to this movie. It says everything that we were all thinking when we were that age. It is a true icon of filming.

Dazed And Confused without a doubt. But I'd like to mention the following:

yellowsub.jpg

I've seen this movie a few times. The very first time I saw it, I was 13. Don't ask me why, but that was when I first saw it. The second time, however, I was much older...and baked. The movie freaked me out. And needless to say, I learned very quickly that the Blue Meanies were not to be fucked with.

9 words: Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theatres. I love me some ATHF when sober, but adding some pot increases the enjoyability exponentially. The movie gets somewhat tiresome when sober, because the show's attention span is better suited for 11 minute episodes than a full movie, but when high, this thing is an absolute riot.

9 words: Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theatres. I love me some ATHF when sober, but adding some pot increases the enjoyability exponentially. The movie gets somewhat tiresome when sober, because the show's attention span is better suited for 11 minute episodes than a full movie, but when high, this thing is an absolute riot.

FUCK yes Hacksaw Highway. As a fellow stoner and ATHF fan, I can attest to that movie's greatness. It's really a bizarre sense of humor and I've found that about half of my friends love it and the other half hate it. I for one love it, and the movie was no different. I've seen it probably thirty times since it came out and it never gets old, but I am a massive mark for ATHF so maybe I'm a bit biased.

Great movie for smoking.

Also, obviously not a movie, but there's nothing quite as good as smoking up and watching a really great wrestling match. You really, really get into it.

Everyone raves about Up in Smoke, I prefer Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams though and always have. Stacy Keach smokes pot that turns him slowly into a lizard. It's fucking AWESOME. Oh and it has Pee Wee Herman who has FAAARRR too much cocaine. Just a riot from start to finish

Finnaly, I saw that movie one time and I couldn't for the life of me, ever remember the name of it, thanks. That is definintley a good one. Some others I like are How High, two of my favorite rappers smoking blunts at Harvard, what more could ya want? I also like Pinnaple Express, Fear and Loathing, Friday, Dazed and confused, and Half Baked are all hillarious.

My top stoner flicks:

Number 1 by a landslide: Dazed and Confused

A great cast of characters that everyone can relate to, partying their asses off on the first offical day of their summer vacation. Great lines as you can see from various people who have named this one.

Well, all I'm saying is that I want to look back and say that I did it the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could while I was stuck in this place. Dogged as many girls as I could while I was stuck in this place

2) Fear and Loathing- Damn Bats and Johnny Depp. Nough Said

3) H & K go to Whitecastle- Just simply hilliariious

4) Up in Smoke- Got to give props to the originators

5) Grandma's Boy- Dante was the man. "I'll smoke it with you bro. We'll go to the loony bin together."

6) American Beauty- Sure its not considered a stoner flick but the scene where Spacy is smoking a joint while listening to "American Woman" before he hits the drive through is classic. To this day every time I hear that song I think of that scene.

I'd have to say Smiley Face with Anna Faris. I've only smoked pot all but twice in my life, and neither experiences were really that sensational. However, based on what I have seen from watching my friends flying higher than a gorilla being launched out of a cannon, I'd say Smiley Face is relatively realistic. Faris's character is completely stoned the entire length of the film. Her character is compulsive, irrational, and aloof; all character traits of stoners.

The film is quite enjoyable without a buzz, and it contains one of the best stoner monologues that can be found in the stoner flick genre.

I disagree. I, in fact, think Smiley Face was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It just was not my cup of tea at all. I love Anna Faris, and that just killed it for me. Almost.

I see a lot of people choosing Dazed and Confused, and while I don't disagree, I think that enjoyment from watching that movie doesn't increase that much from sober to stoned. It is a good movie either way.

I am going outside of the box here. I am going to say Troy. That movie is absolutely cliche when sober, but when I am high, that movie is absolutely amazing to me. I get so into the fights, I root hard for Hector, and for some reason, I think one of these times he might win.

This one is Easy it is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas it is one of the best movies about drugs ever it is funny, witty, and i have to say a little weird to but thats what makes this movie so amazing.

Reactions: X
Other than Dazed and Confused, no sense in describing it since everyone that mentioned it covered everything great about it, I would have to say How High. I loved this movie when it first came out, I got baked many of times and watched it, in fact dont know if there was ever a time watching it not high. The movie has some funny ass parts in it. Plus Lisa Turtle smokes in it!! Definitely some quotable lines from it too. I thought after it came out that Meth and Red were gonna become the black Cheech and Chongs but that seemed to never happen.
A movie I was surprised nobody mentioned is Super Troopers another funny ass movie to smoke to!

I am going outside of the box here. I am going to say Troy. That movie is absolutely cliche when sober, but when I am high, that movie is absolutely amazing to me. I get so into the fights, I root hard for Hector, and for some reason, I think one of these times he might win.

A lot of cliche movies are better when you're high, I guess you just forget that it's been done before and enjoy it for what it is.

I'm also going to go outside the box, and pick The Godfather I & II, especially II. When I'm stoned, I slow down and think about things a lot more, and especially in II, there's just so much going on and it's really fun to think about the plot. Also, for some reason, the scene where Michael hugs Fredo at the funeral is like a thousand times more emotional for me when I'm chopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back