Best Stable, tag team, and feud of the 2000's

An Angry Blonde

Occasional Pre-Show
My questions are: a

#1:Who was the best tag team of the 2000's and why?

#2:Who was the best stable of the 2000's and why?

#3:The best feud of the 2000's?

And this includes tag teams and stanles in 2010.

To answer my first question I believe Rated RKO was the best tag team of the 2000's because they had some great matches, had good chemistry, and good promo's. Plus it helped erase any doudts in the mind of viewers that orton and edge could hang in the big leagues since they feuded with D-X and HBK and Cena.
The best stable I believe was evolution, because they pretty much dominated every one out there until they eventually split. Gave Orton and batitsa some spot light, and made fliar relevent.

I have no idea about the feud so I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Thoughts?

The Best Stable: For me it was Straight Edge Society only because I'm still not able to see Age of The Fall except for a few clip videos on Youtube, someone please help me find footage. Anyway, I loved the way CM Punk took the gimmick of a savior but made it seem so dark and twisted. I thought they should've let the stable grow with a few more members and Punk could've continued to grow in power almost like another version of the Ministy of Darkness.

Tag Team: Beer Money Inc. They just give me an old school vibe, they really remind me of a tag team like Arn Anderson and Larry Zbysko with their no-nonsense style.

Fued: Tie between RKO vs HHH when Orton went Stone Cold on the McMahon family and HBK vs JBL when HBK was broke because, unless you're an asshole, you could actually get behind the faces in both those fueds. HHH had to protect his family and HBK had to feed his.

Stable: Kill me if you want, but it's gotta be Nexus. We weren't expecting them to do what they done and when they done it Boy we were shocked! The full out attack on the 1st Raw we saw them was just great and I would've loved to have seen that a little bit longer before they toned down.

Tag Team: Beer Money Inc. Much like Bill, they are just no-nonsense. They're a great Tag Team, who work great matches, especially with MCMG. Shame they're stuck in Fourtune right now.

Feud - Angle vs Anderson. Strange pick, but I have to say, it was one of the greatest things I'd seen in a while. Anderson looked like he wanted to kill Kurt at some moments, as well as that one point everyone thought he was dead in their cage match.

The Best Stable
I don't know how anyone on this Planet could say any Stable beside Evolution. Talk about the perfect formula for getting someone over. This stable did exactly what it needed to do and that was take two younger guys, pair them up with veterns and get them over. With Vets like Ric Flair and Triple H I don't see how it could fail. They took two guys that were not even known and made them both into house hold names. Batista went on to face Triple H numerous times in the following months and took over Smackdown for about a year. He even went on to challenge Undertaker at Wrestlemania 25. Same with Orton at Wrestlemania 21. Orton is now the top face on RAW and quite possibly, the WWE. I challenge anyone to find a stable that were better than Evolution...

Best Tag-Team
Beer... Money!!! They both came from seperate Stables and Tag teams. Roode from Team Canada and Storm America's Most Wanted, both freat tag teams in their own right. They left to form the best Tag Team in recent menory. They've put on great matches with Motor City Machine Guns and even made Team 3D look like a fantastic team. Both members have had great single matches aswell which means they do not need to be partners to look good. Put them together = one of the best tag teams ever.No team in my opinion has had a good of decade as Beer Money.

Feud of the 2000's
John Cena vs. Edge. May be a little biased because I'm a huge Edge Head. But this feud is way underrated. Their feud went on for about a year and never, not once got stale or old. It took a somewhat rookie Champion in John Cena and got another rookie Champion over as a major heel. It really put both men on the map. The matches they put on were really classics and I can watch any of them over and over. It was just so personal. If Lita wasn't getting FU'd, or Cena's dad wasn't getting slapped, they were battling each other in the ring tooth and nail. It brought out the best in both Cena and Edge and this was the first time I really showed my respect for John Cena. This is the best feud of the 2000's.

Best Tag Team: It has to be Edge & Christian for me. I know they didn't start in the 2000s but their heel turn and comedic douchebag rolese was one of the most entertaining thing in wrestling at the start of the century. Kazoos, Los Conquistadors, 5 second poses and great chemistry in segments with Mick Foley. What's not to like?

Best Stable: Evolution. I'm not even sure if I can think of that many more stables, certainly not any that made an impact. The NWO came back briefly and then dissipated. Even so, Evolution were a great group. Even if people complained about Raw being the Triple H show it made Flair relevant and gave Orton and Batista their pushes.

Best Feud: I usually have a hard time thinking through all that happened in the feuds I liked so I'll pick a few that stick in my mind.

Triple H/Cactus Jack - heading into the 2000s this was supposed to be Foley's retirement and had great intensity.

Austin/Triple H - another feud that had a lot of intensity, unfortunately ending in the Two-Man Power Trip. Up until Austin's turn though these two tore into each other after it was reveal HHH was behind Rikishi running Austin over.

Randy Orton/Mick Foley - without a doubt the feud that solidified Orton as the future of the WWE and made Mick Foley relevant in 2004. Their match at Backlash of that year was a great case of a hardcore match that was still able to tell a story.

Chris Jericho/Chris Benoit/Kurt Angle - at various times these three would cross paths in various ways, shapes and forms. Jericho and Benoit feuded throughout most of 2000 into 2001 in a great ladder match at the Rumble before they would eventually team up once Benoit turned face. Angle and Benoit would feud or team up together depending on their alignment but their 30 Minute Ultimate Submission match in 2001 is one of the best wrestling matches from a technical standpoint that I've seen.

Chris Jericho/Shawn Michaels - both the one from 2008 and their feud leading to their Wrestlemania match back in 2003 (I think).

AJ Styles/Samoa Joe/Christopher Daniels - this wasn't particularly a feud but it did give us one of the best matches that TNA has showcased. I'd like for Bischoff and Hogan to watch that match and see what can be done with the X Division. The 30 Minute Iron Man match between Styles/Daniels was also part of Styles/Daniels rivalry but the inclusion of Joe in that match gave us one of the best matches I've seen from that company.

Kurt Angle/Samoa Joe - some more great matches between these two.

Hmmm. Great Post btw.

Best Stable: Evolution. It would of been Nexus but Nexus only has 1 championship. Evolution bascially cleaned out Raw;s championships in 1 night. Trips beat Barrett as an influental leader and Batista and Flair (woo) are 10x better than Slater and Gabriel.

Best Tag Team: I think that the New Age Outlaws are b4 2000 so their out. Dx may have been the most ENTERTAINING tag team but have only held gold once.(HHH and HBK) I choose Edge and Christian. Edge can damn well make any one look good in a Tag Team(Randy Orton, Hogan, Mysterio, Jericho, etc.)

Best Feud: 2001-Wwe vs the Alliance
Probably the most underrated feud and hated feud ever. But i seem to like the whole aspect. And every1 was able to play a role in it. From Rhyno to the Rock to the Hurricane. I didnt really like the fact that it ended at SS. Should of ended at WM. ^^

BEST STABLE: Evolution. The past, The present, The future. Best stable, Held all the gold and RAN over EVERYONE on raw.

BEST TAG TEAM: BEER $$$. 2 guys that was thrown together because they had no idea what to do with either of them. They went ob to become known as 1 of thee best tag teams in the world in under 2 years which is an amazing feat considering that that title is actually warranted.

BEST FEUD OF 2OOO: Rock & Austin. 2 of the BIGGEST stars in wrestling going @ it @ mania's for titles and even when both of them was the leaders of Team WWF n Team Alliance was awesome.
Oooooooh the stare downs between them two :worship:

The Best Stable

I'm with Hamler because the obvious choice is Evolution. Triple H was the leader with Flair playing a manager/part time wrestler. Then you had Orton playing the young guy and Batista being the power house. They kicked Orton out in 2004 and in my opinion it was to soon but it doesn't matter because it got Orton over and established him as a main eventer. Then in 2005 Batista won the Rumble and decided to face Triple H at Wrestlemania. They feuded from before the Rumble until that summer and it was the perfect timing for Batista to leave out on his own. During the process of getting Orton and Batista over, it set Triple H as the dominant Heel in WWE.

Best Tag Team

I really want to say Edge and Christian but unfortunately I cannot. I think the best tag team has to be Team 3D aka The Dudley Boyz. Look at everything they have accomplished and all the amazing feuds they have been in. They are the most decorated tag team in professional wrestling history and that is self explanatory.

Best Feud

Now this one, I had to put a lot of thought into. There were many great feuds in the decade. I have to go with SHawn Michaels and Triple H. They feuded off and on from 2002 untill 2004. It was so personal because of them being former tag champs and the first night SHawn came back, Triple H turned on him. They had many great matches in the process. One of my favorite matches of all time was there Hell in a Cell match at Bad Blood 2004. HBK came back from not competing in four years and this feud made both men better.

Stable

It has to be Evolution and its not even close. Look at the facts. That stable was incredibly dominant, Triple H held the world title for many months and it helped to create to of the biggest stars of the decade in Randy Orton and Batista, both of whom were nobodies before joining Evolution. People always say Triple H hogged the spotlight and never let anyone else take his spot, but he helped to build Orton and Batista like noone else, and lay down for Dave at WM.

Plus, I am a big fan of the veteran "mentor" in a faction, and Ric Flair was perfect for this. He is brilliant as a manager now and I dont see why he feels the need to blade EVERY night, its sad

Best Feud

I am going to mention Evolution again here, and go for Triple H vs Batista. This feud was crafted perfectly and was not rushed. Build slowly after Batista won the Royal Rumble and focusing on whether he was going to challenge the SmackDown world champion at WM, giving Evolution the chance to hold both titles, or whether he would go up against The Game. Well, we know what he chose and this feud allowed Batista to become one of the major stars in the company. It was excellent

Best Tag Team

Well, in recent years the WWE has had such a pathetic array of tag teams I am going to look back to the early 2000s and go for Edge & Christian. They were hilarious, sadistic when they needed to be (Conchairto anyone???) and were part of some of the greatest tag-team matches the WWE had ever seen, holding the titles many times. Plus, when they eventually broke up it gave us two world champions.

I have to give it to DX. Shawn Michaels AND Triple H? That's any opposition's nightmare. Highly decorated and highly praised, Degeneration X brought back some nostalgia while catering to a slightly more mellow demographic.

I may be grilled for this, but I want to toss a name out there that is NOT Evolution. That name is JBL's Cabinet. Besides Evolution, this is the only stable to come along that captured all of their show's gold (at the time). How can you say SES is better? The only person that capitalized on that movement was the same guy that was already over before then. JBL's Cabinet was pushing the fresher talent and were still pretty much the underdogs. I love underdogs so their the team I put over.

Hulk Hogan vs. Mr McMahon. 20 years in the making, this feud saw many transitions. We got to see new talent in the names of Zach Gowen and Sean O'haire make something of a splash, Roddy Piper came back for a bit, McMahon "resolves" his conflict with Hogan then fires him. Hogan comes back as the patriotic Mr. America, The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan 2, etc. So many things went into this that I'm surprised this feud isn't still talked about.

Edge & Christian. Involved in some epic TLC matches. Both could wrestle, both had charisma, both held the blets on numerous occasions.

Nexus. Mainly because they were unknown and have made bad cool in a tough PG world.

Rock vs Austin. WM17 was just awesome. Both faces going into it, then Austin heel, Rock return and the finish at Survivor Series. Then it started again 2 years later. A storied past going from 1998.

Best Stable: Evolution
for obvious reasons, i mean look at the roster. 3 future (and one current) Hall of Famers and a total of 42 world/wwe titles! (Flair 16, Triple H 13, Randy orton 7, Batista 6)

Best tag team: Edge and Christian
The most entertaining tag team ever. in and out of the ring.

Best Feud: HHH vs. HBK
I don't know how anyone could not believe this feud was the most entertaining and never got old. 2 of the best workers of all time doing what they do best. Every match was almost perfect including the Hell in a Cell match at Bad blood 04 which is still one of my favorite matches

Stable: Evolution - Imo the perfect stable ever. The concept of it was for Triple H & Flair to make Batista & Randy Orton into main eventers and they handled it very well. Rarely do I ever see leaders of stables help make the young guns in the group, stars. Most young guns after they split with the group just end up wandering around in the midcard division for life most likely cause they didnt have the talent for main events & the teacher failed to make him. It just amazes me that HHH & Flair pulled it off though. And I personally loved the way the group slowly broke up with Orton leaving first and going on to feud with HHH before Batista did the same a few months later. That's the way every stable should break up imo. Break a student out on his own after he's been taught everything and let him try & establish himself in a programme with the leader before the next student tries his hand. It's much better than all members of a stable going their own seperate way at the same time, one maybe going into the main events whilst at the same time the other in the midcard division or maybe both going into the midcard division leaving em both to work his way up on their own.

Tag Team: Team 3D - No doubt, they are probably the 2nd, if not, the greatest tag team ever. They broke out of the ECW shell and became worldwide greats. They won every single tag team championship in all companies they've been in, had legendary matches with the likes of Hardyz, Edge & Christian in TLC and pretty much faced every major tag team & singles wrestlers to the point where they have done everything in wrestling. The noughties was their decade.

Feud: HBK vs. HHH - As much as I loved Edge vs. Cena or Rock vs. Austin, I have to go with HBK vs. HHH. These two put on good angles, segments & promos but more importantly they've faced each other in nearly every match you can name like Elimination Chamber, Steel Cage, Ladder, Street Fight, Unsactioned, Last Man Standing & Hell in a Cell and in each & every one of em, they've put on a hell of a match.

Tag Team-I've got to go with either DX or Team 3D. IMO 3D gave better overall matches and was clearly one of the top as far as working together in movesets and using one another to win macthes. DX however were the better performers. While they didn't necessarily use one another in matches as much as 3D did, the promos they cut were soooo hilarious and entertaining.

Stable-Evolution hands down is the most sucessful. No need to explain, everybody else basically already has covered everything. However, I would like to add an honorable mention. The Legacy with Orton being the leader/mentor and DiBiase and Rhodes being the followers, they had a credible run as a stable. Didn't have a long tenure or gather a bunch of titles in their time, but it put all three over as heels and helped give rhodes and Dibiase a start in their careers. After their breakup i surely thought Dibiase would be farther in his career than rhodes...boy was i wrong...but thts a different post for a different time.

Feud-Just to through in a different idea, how bout CM Punk vs. Jeffy Hardy a little over a year ago. Hardy becomes World Heavyweight Champion at Extreme Rules, crowd goes nuts. Next thing you know Punks cashing in MITB and is the World Champ. The feud went till Summerslam, and ultimately created Punks major heel turn. I think it was like his drug free straightedge lifesyle versus Hardys risky lifestyle. The two put on some good matches, and while it wasn't a super long feud, it was one of the best right before this whole PG era really kicked in full force and solitified Punk as a top heel.

Best Sable: I'm gonna say evolution because look at the stars it made out of randy orton and batista. both world heavyweight and wwe champs both had good fueds with HHH and i mean they dominated RAW in 2003 and 2004

Best Tag Team: ive gotta give it to London and Kendrick i know a weird choce but they were the longest running wwe tag champs on smackdown they were full of energy and they were great together

Best Fued: im gonna go with the McMahons Vs. HBK i mean VKM and HBK had a great street fight at mania 22 then the "TAG" match at backlash with the McManhons vs hbk and god that was kinda a joke but that fued brought DX back to life

The best stable was evolution. Tht whole angle just put Triple H over as the top heel of the decade and built Batista and Randy Orton into wrestlemania main eventers. No other stable has ever done that. Plus the stars like edge, beniot, jericho, shelton benjamin and even Kane the evolution angle put them over as faces and helped stabilize them as head liners. the best tag team is a split between london/kendrick and AMW. I kno L&K were only around for about 2 1/2 years if tht but they were the champs of for a year and held the tag division in WWE down and was probably the last true tag team we will see in WWe for a long time. The best fued had to be Y2J and HBK or Austin/Rock. both fueds put on clinics and legendary wrestlemania bouts. both put both over as hall of famer type of competitors and in both fueds it probably brought out the best in both combatants. Edge and Cena was underrated as well. They both did wonders for each others careers and characters plus every match was an instant classic IMO

For the best Stable I must agree and say Evolution... It Transcends the oldschool traditions with modern ferocity and intensity. It was the defining Torch passing of the greatest Unit in the Four Horsemen era to the era 21st in HHH Batistia and Randy Orton. With Ric Flair mostly playing the JJ Dillion role.

Best tag team is a toss up for me. There have been plenty of teams that had potential but werent either worked properly or didn't get over. I would say in the end you have to give it to the Dudley Boys/Team 3D. Despite what the Steiners would say during their feud with Team 3D in TNA, the Dudleys is the quinentesial Tag team of this era. They are the Road warriors, of this generation, and regardless they are one of if not the most decorated Tag team champions in the game.

Feuds is a hard one because there have been so many that had subtle levels of importance.... I may have to pass on this one, just on the basis of a good true feud is one that lasts longer than a build up to a PPV. but past that.

Briscoe Brothers. Pretty much a decade of amazing matches.

Age Of The Fall, Jacobs had great promos, they had great matches and amazing moments.

Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels 2003 or 2008, they were great. Solid matches and great story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back