Best Song: Greenday

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
day.jpg

They're a odd looking bunch, eh?

But besides they're very odd look and their fat chick fan base, Greenday is actually a pretty damn good band. They rose to fame in the 2000's with their smash hit "American Idiot" but they've been around much longer, So there's no shortage of songs to choose from. I'm going to go with "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" The song just has so many great elements too it. The vocals are great, the lyrics are great, and the guitars are just classic. The way the song starts off slowly then progessively picks up and gets faster makes it a very fun song to listen too. Just to be honest, BBD is probably one of my favorite songs ever!

So, you read my opinion (maybe) now which Greenday song do you think is the best?

The best Green Day song is Welcome To Paradise. I love the lyrics, and the music is just perfect to go crazy to. It's a great "punk" song, but also had a lot of the aspects of the grunge era for when it came out.

The worst song to me, is Brain Stew. It's an alright song, but it was a little commercial, compared to their other hits at the time. The mix they used on the Godzilla soundtrack is way better, and shows the song has some abilities, but it never caught on for me.

There are two that I can think of. One of them is Wake Me Up When September Ends. This song is very emotional, and it builds up very well using an acoustic at the start, then the whole band comes in. The lyrics, written about Billie Joe's dad, are very powerful and they fit the song perfectly.

The second song is the one song everyone knows. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). Such a simple song, but such a great song. The violins add a nice touch to the song, which is something you wouldn't normally hear in a Green Day song, and it's a bit of a departure from what Green Day normally do, but one of their best and most successful songs.

For me personally even though I've listened since Kerplunk (by the by Lookout! records is beyond abysmal these days, I'm honestly surprised they can stay in business), I must say that they probably wont do anything better than Jesus of Suburbia. They rose above the genre limitations of pop punk and opened up into almost Queen/Quadrophenia Saint Jimmy era The Who levels of bombast (I mean that in a good way lol)

the best song? Time of your life. I sang this song at my grade six leavers assembly. Its such a good song and the lyrics move me. Every time i hear this song it makes me think of all the good times through my life.

the worst? Its greenday baby, I haven't came across one song that i didn't like. But for the sake of it i will say american idioit, but only because they played it nonstop.

When I Come Around- My favourite GreenDay Song. A little older than most of the songs on the list so far, the song is one of the first I heard of them. My sister got me into them when I was younger and this was the song I heard. Green Day, before become a band of mascara wearing punk pop bishes were actually a pretty good band in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back