Best Promo Work #3

CyDeez

Big Nasty
In this edition of Best Promo Work...

The 2 guys I will compare this time is from different Eras in WWE.

The first Promo right below is from 1990. Mr. Perfect talks about Ultimate Warrior and himself of course!

Mr. Perfect Promo:

The second Promo is from Edge in 2007. He talks a little about Undertaker, Batista and of course, HIMSELF as well.

Edge Promo:
Compare the 2 promos against each other and state your opinion on who's was better.

Also, state who you believe is better overall on the mic, Edge or Curt Hennig!

I think to look at the better promo cutter, you have to look at the wrestler backing up his promo skills. For instance, Cena sucks in the ring (now) but is a really good promo-cutter.

That being said, Mr. Perfect was a heel of a different genre. He talked the talked superlatively. He told you how much better he was than you, then proved it in the ring. Hennig didn't rely on underhanded tactics or being a dirty wrestler to get the win. He strove to beat you cleanly to further state that he was better than you. Therefore, this one has to go to Mr. Perfect. Side note, Edge is my favorite wrestler of all time. So this wasn't a biased post.

I liked Perfect promo better, I just believe him more, he is a classic heel. They don't make them like him anymore.
Edge's promo was nice but it didn't leave a lasting impression, so to speak.

I think to look at the better promo cutter, you have to look at the wrestler backing up his promo skills. For instance, Cena sucks in the ring (now) but is a really good promo-cutter.

That being said, Mr. Perfect was a heel of a different genre. He talked the talked superlatively. He told you how much better he was than you, then proved it in the ring. Hennig didn't rely on underhanded tactics or being a dirty wrestler to get the win. He strove to beat you cleanly to further state that he was better than you. Therefore, this one has to go to Mr. Perfect. Side note, Edge is my favorite wrestler of all time. So this wasn't a biased post.

huh?? cena is horrible, boring, predictable and just plain garbage on the mic...

anyway, i cant place a vote because it isnt fair. mr perfect was from an era where he was able to cut a promo by himself while edge is from the soap opera era and has people like freddy prinze jr writing his lines for him. this is why every superstar sounds exactly the same today.

I'm sorry, but I do like both of these guys for different reasons. My dad raised me on the classics like Sgt Slaughter, Hulk, Andre, Dibiase Sr, and Mr Perfect, and Bob Orton Jr. I do appreciate the classics, because without them, we wouldn't have the Rock's, Cena's, HBK's, Edge's, and others we have. So I do like Mr. Perfect's promos he did, I ma someone who can appreciate a finely aged wine every now and again. Then there are nights I just want some hard liquor, and that is where Edge comes in, he is the nights I wanna be dirty and just get down. Edge is by far and away one who doesn't shy away from doing what he does, heck, remember the live sex show? I can't for the life of me imagine Fredie Blassie trying to do that, nor would I want to. That being said, I'm a gal who appreciates both, but in this case, I'm more a hard liquor kinda gal, and will go with Edge, because well...he's kinda got the 'edge' for me on this.

id say mr perfect. the promos flawless - it makes you believe hes the real deal. edge keeps pausing as if hes thinking whats next and acting cocky but mr perfect just keeps going and gradually builds up while also coming off confident as shit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back