• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best live tv/wrestler talker? in WWE

Who is the best live tv talker during a promo especially?, my opinions are Ric Flair, because he can really fire up and its soo good, The Rock seems good as welll, also HHH and HBK can do a good performance as there emotions are to juxtaposition to the promo. My top 5 list is:

1. Ric Flair
2. The Rock
3. HHH
4. Vince McMahon
5. HBK

The Rock would have to be number one. He was always making people laugh he was talking. Remember all those interviews with the Coach? Those were funny!! My top 5 would be..

1) Rock
2) Ric Flair
3) HHH
4) HBK
5) Vinny Mac

Even though I'm an old schooler, I gotta go with the Rock. Who remembers the first night Jericho debuted and debated the Rock from the top of the ramp? Or how about when Coach interviewed him at Wrestlemania 18 before he wrestled Hogan? He made Coach get on his knees and say his prayers!!
Coach get's on his knees, folds his hands, and says: "what's up g?" And Rock goes apeshit on him!

The best wrestlers to do it live are. Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Rock, Austin,and I cant do this list without putting my man Jim Cornette in there. Those five rock the mic like none other.

I would have to go with this list:

1.The Rock- Great, great on the mic. Always got the crowd pumped and had something new to say.
2. Triple H- Can do a great heel or face, always funny.
3. HBK- Same goes for what said about Triple h, great on the mic and can do hilarious segments.
4. Edge- GREAT on the mic, and can do a good heel or face. Is able to change the crowds opinion of him in 10 seconds- that's impressive!
5. Mick Foley- Always does great segments and promos, very good at showing dramatics and speech.

Flames Out
Dragon

1 - The Rock - hands down
2 - Vince McMahon - gets alot of heat from fans
3 - hhh
4 - hbk
5 - stone cold

1 the rock 2 hhh 3 mick foley 4 stone cold 5 eddie i just like his promo's i know it seems out of place

This is who i would have to say

1. Rock- No Doubt. I have never heard him not be entertaining
2. Triple HHH- Always funny, yet so laid back when he talks
3. Edge- Total crowd control.
4. Stone cold- always thought he was funny
5. shawn micheals-

I think the most annoying thing most wrestlers do is always no matter what the situation is scream, yell, and and be super over the top intense. Its like if a guy cant talk he just screams and acts mad, cause that is all he can do. i think so future people who seem to talk pretty good, and could be great one day are
1. Randy Orton
2. Carlito
3. John Cena

The Rock is easily the best on the mic of all time.
I remember when he made The Coach do the Charleston. That shit was hilarious. I was dying. Or the time he cut a promo on Rikishi, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, and Triple H before the Armageddon (6-man) Hell in a Cell. There's so many.

As for current wrestlers, I would like to say Ric Flair, but I feel like he has lost his touch. He has his golden super good promos once in a while, but he isn't as consistent as he use to be. I must say that Mick Foley outshined Flair on the mic during their feud.

In conclusion, Triple H is probably the best on the mic in the WWE today. Although I remember when his promos were super repetitive, lately he's been a little more original, and has been pretty damn entertaining. I think a lot of that is also due to his chemistry with HBK, because their chemistry is amazing.

1. Edge (god he was great Monday night and I hate the SOB)
2. HHH
3. John Cena
4. Carlito
5. Vinny Mac
6. HBK
7. Flair
8. Christian (I know it’s TNA but he rock’s it better than anyone on Smackdown.)
9. Randy Orton

Dewayne Johnson is not on my list because I wanted to list people who are or at least act like they are currently in the business. I know he can rock (oops, sorry for the pun) the mic but, he’s not in wrestling anymore. If he or Stone Cold ever do come out and tip their hat to us again I would put Rock 1 and Stone Cold 2 but, they are to busy making movies instead of being “Sports Entertainers”.

Ugh, hard choice. I'll do top 10 instead of top 5.

1. Rock
2. Foley
3. HHH - as long as he doesnt cut the promos about the pedigree or all the people he beat.
4. Hulk Hogan
5. Chris Jericho
6. Kurt Angle (pre 2004)
7. Stone Cold
8. Christian
9. Undertaker
10. Flair

NOBODY was better than the Hot Rod,

Roddy Piper
Dusty Rhodes
Mick Foley
Ted Dibiase
Shane Douglas

Jericho/Rock would follow them

If Heenan and Jim Cornette were wrestlers you have to xonsider them. Jake the Snake was also great on the mic, the camara gravitated to him, he cut great promos.

1. The Rock
2. Chris Jericho
3. Triple H
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin
5. John Cena

Ric Flair-Flair's promos were before their time in the 80s. I know now he just screams and rips off his clothes nowadays, but that doesn't take away from the stuff he used to say back in the day. WHOO!

The Rock-this is an obvious one. The Rock was always damn entertaining and always brought sheer energy to the ring and behind the mic. He always made the people laugh, and in 2000, everybody was a roody poo candy ass and it didn't matter what your name was.

Rowdy Roddy Piper- this guy instigated and riled up so many people. He was so good behind the mic that he was given his own minishow within the old WWF programs (Piper's Pit). Piper was hardcore way before there was a Stone Cold.

Hulk Hogan-Eat the vitamins and say your prayers. He could've said eat shit and die and we fans still would get excited. "Well ya know somethin mean Gene"... Hogan was great at getting the crowd hyped, making the kids scream, and getting people excited before the big match.

Kurt Angle- Oh its true, it's DAMN true. Angle always knew how to work a crowd. He took the mic from day one in the WWE, telling everybody how great he was and yada yada yada. His mic skills hardly get mentioned, but he really was one of the best.

Shawn Michaels- I love Shawn Michaels behind the mic. He is smooth, confident and laid back. In his historic feud with the Undertaker back in '97, I remember him saying something like "Undertaker, you bring your dead ass out here" or somethin like that. How about his many Hogan bashings last year? Now I'm just as big a Hogan fan as anyone else, but I've gotta admit the stuff HBK was sayin was true. A true mic rocker.

Stone Cold- Stone Cold's improvising skills were second only to The Rock. He also got the crowd hyped back in the old War Zone days when he was beefing with McMahon. Stone Cold was a great trash talker, and he's even better at backing it up.

Mr. McMahon-"YOU'RE FIIIIIIRRREDDD". McMahon is a beast. Straight up. His mic delivery is callous, intense: "Life sucks, then you die!!" "Kiss my ass!" No matter how much you may hate McMahon, you gotta admit he works the hell out of the crowd.

Honorable mentions: Y2J, Christian, Mick Foley, Dusty Rhodes, Ted Dibiase

The current wrestlers who know how to work the mic--
John Cena
Edge
Carlito
King Booker (who is this rogue??)
Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kennnnedddddyyyyyyyy!
Randy Orton is not that good.

I think the best talker of them all has to be "the Rock"

The WWE will miss him!!!

yawn...!
i think we get the picture!!! the rock had the best mic skills of all time.

to be honest i think he was 1 in a million and i dont think we will ever see anybody with his touch again.

in the same way though, i think JBL is also 1 in a million. he can toy with the crowd and have them right where he wants them just like the rock could. he is also one hell of a funny bugger and can improvise well................................................but now he is leaving!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back