• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Feud of the past decade

What has been the best feud of the past decade?

• Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

• CM Punk vs. John Cena

• Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

• CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

• Randy Orton vs. Christian

• Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho

• Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

• John Cena vs. Edge

• Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz

• Matt Hardy vs. Edge

• Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

• Triple H vs. Randy Orton

• Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker

• Triple H vs. Batista

• The Rock vs. John Cena

Results are only viewable after voting.

NegativeFeedback

Mid-Card Championship Winner
So I made a post yesterday about my favorite feuds of the past 6 years or so, and now I'm wondering how everyone thinks are the best feuds of the past decade. Lets count every feud between WrestleMania 20 and WrestleMania 30.

So what are your favorite feuds???

Here was my original post:

1. Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels (from WrestleMania 24 to No Mercy 2008)

This feud was downright fantastic. It started with Batista getting upset about Shawn retiring Flair at Mania. Somehow Jericho ended up as the mediator between them, but little did he know, Shawn was playing both of them. Jericho then had the best organic heel turn of all time, having some great matches with Shawn throughout the year. Best feud of the modern era.

2. CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy (Extreme Rules 2009 to SummerSlam 2009)

From the start of 2008, it seemed like Jeff Hardy was being pegged as the chosen one. He started off as a top contender for the WWE title and continued reaching for the brass ring all year. After dealing with his jealous brother, he finally was able to win the title by beating Edge at ER, when Punk cashed in. What followed was an amazing feud where Punk called out Jeff on his vices and his shortcomings, leading Punk to turn heel and become the Straight Edge Messiah. I can't stress this one enough.

3. CM Punk vs. John Cena (TLC 2010 to Hell in a Cell 2011)

While the two feuds above are heel turns, this one is a face turn. CM Punk's transformation from a midcarder going nowhere into the Voice of the Voiceless was phenomenal. He feuded with John Cena in January as part of the New Nexus, but then took a backseat through WrestleMania season. But once Cena was back as champ, Punk cut his infamous shoot promo and became a worldwide phenomenon, resulting in his historic 434-day title reign.

4. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker (Royal Rumble 2007 to WrestleMania 26)

Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker had the perfect trifecta of matches. At the RR, they were the final two and ended up having the best finish in RR history battling it out for 10 minutes. They followed that up with a tag match at the next PPV, and a singles match at the next year's WM. That match is considered the best of all time, but my favorite part of this saga is Shawn's obsession over getting a rematch. The feud was expertly done, and was the best way for Shawn to hang his boots.

5. John Cena vs. Edge (New Year's Revolution 2006 to Unforgiven 2006 / No Way Out 2009 to Backlash 2009)

Edge's rise as a main event star could easily be at the top of this list. He was one of my favorite performers of the modern era and it was sad to see him ago. His initial feud with Cena is what set him on the map, and they had some terrific matches in between. Edge and Cena also reignited their feud for WM 25, starting off with the best moment in Elimination Chamber history, when Edge competed in two Chambers on the same night and "turned the WWE title into the World Heavyweight Championship". Their final encounter would be an awesome Last Man Standing match at Backlash.

6. Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk (from Royal Rumble 2010 to Over the Limit 2010)

After feuding with Jeff, Punk transformed into a messiah with his own Straight Edge Society. His promos were gold, and he would induct "audience members" by preaching and shaving their heads in the middle of the ring. He ended up feuding with Rey, leading to a great series of matches at 3 consecutive PPVs. The best part however was Punk creepily singing Happy Birthday to Rey's daughter on Smackdown.

7. Randy Orton vs. Christian (Extreme Rules 2011 to SummerSlam 2011)

Christian's rise as a main event star was a long time coming. He beat Del Rio in an amazing ladder match at Extreme Rules and ended up losing the title 2 days later to Randy Orton. The shame in losing the title so fast was too much to bear and Christian snapped and turned on Randy, trying to weasel his way into getting the title back. He failed numerous times, but eventually got Randy to agree to a stipulation where if he got DQ'ed, he'd lose the title. Surely enough, Christian got Randy to snap during a match and ended up taking the world title. It was an awesome feud, and the top of Christian's career.

8. Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho (from Backlash 2009 to The Bash 2009)

Rey and Jericho elevated the Intercontinental title by having a heated personal feud surrounding Rey's mask. The segments on Smackdown were terrific and the matches were great. There was even a point when Jericho actually ripped off Rey's mask and he ran to the back covering his face. The pay-off was great, and Rey ended up feuding with Dolph Ziggler afterwards for 2 PPVs, before getting suspended and dropping the title to John Morrison on Smackdown in an also terrific match.

9. Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz (NXT Season 1 to Hell in a Cell 2010)

Daniel Bryan debuted on NXT and immediately set himself up as someone to look out for. He had a great segment with Miz and took Jericho to the limit in the main event. His clash of styles with Miz was great and fans were invested in seeing Bryan's homemade indie style beat Miz's flashy arrogant attitude. What followed was a pretty shitty losing streak that made me lose faith in WWE's booking. But after that, "WWE Management" (The Authority!) DQ'ed Bryan for practically no reason, and Bryan started cutting shoot promos on the people in charge. He called out how ridiculous the NXT concept was and beat up Michael Cole multiple times on NXT. He ended up storming the ring with the rest of Nexus to beat up John Cena, but he was sadly fired right after. He came back at SummerSlam against the Nexus and ended up continuing his feud with The Miz, where he had multiple great matches, won the US title, and took John Morrison, Miz and Dolph Ziggler look like a million bucks. It was one of the best midcard series in a long time.

10. Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes (Royal Rumble 2011 to Extreme Rules 2011)

This one is a personal favorite of mine. You have to go back and see Cody Rhodes' rise on Smackdown as "Dashing Cody Rhodes" in 2010 to fully appreciate this feud. Cody became a narcissist who felt he was the most beautiful man in the locker room and gave out grooming tips to the audience. But after that, Rey legitimately broke Cody's nose, and Cody ended up turning that into a fantastic storyline where he felt he was broken. Cody ended up putting on a mask and starting a psycho persona where he obsessed over how ugly he had become. He hated Rey for forcing him to wear a mask, so he targeted him for WrestleMania. They had a solid match at Mania and a Falls Count Anywhere at Extreme Rules, but the promos in between were even better. I wish it had gone on longer, but it was great for what it was.

It's really hard to say I think my picks would be

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho, their 2008 feud was personal and got heated up. Kudos for the WWE for building it up slowly to the point it escalated like crazy at Summer Slam 2008. Each match felt different so their PPV encounters always felt fresh. The only minus for me is how it ended there was never that conclusive "it all ends here" match, sure there was their match on RAW but it was more about JBL and Shawn Michaels than Michaels and Jericho. And I didn't think their No Mercy Ladder Match was a good fit to their personal feud, since climbing up the ladders doesn't really feel like they wanted to beat the crap out of each other.

John Cena vs. Edge - I liked this rivalry a lot, I think this was the few feuds Cena was in where fans were really behind him. I think it shows how great of a heel Edge is. It was a classic good guy vs. bad guy match and it worked very well. They never had a classic bout with each other though, but beyond that this was a very good entertaining feud.

For my money, I have to go with Cena Vs. Edge. These two worked so well together, and had so many absolutely great matches that we kind of take it for granted. Edge is probably one of the more underrated heels and superstars of the past ten years. When I think of a classic feud, I think of more than just one or two matches -- I think about how well did these guys mesh over a long period of time. From the moment Edge cashed in his MitB on Cena at New Year's Revolution to their unbelievable Ladder Match, these guy's had a red hot rivalry. Only Cena and Punk had something that approached this, and just don't think they had enough time together in the ring to eclipse Cena/Edge. (I largely blame the booking of the Rock as the reason Cena and Punk never headlined WrestleMania together as they probably should've.)

A lot of great feuds there and nice to see Rey get in there 3 times. People seem to forget how many great feuds that Rey has been involved with.

This is a hard one for me, It came down to HBK v Y2J, Rock v Cena and Punk v Cena.

In the end I think I enjoyed the Punk v Cena feud the most, but realistically Rock v Cena was the best.

I voted for Punk v Cena because I enjoyed it so much, the pipe bomb was great, i insisted on showing a load of my friends who have 0 interest in wrestling the promo. The matches were fantastic and always had a big fight feel. Its a shame these two never had a mania moment together. I can think of 2 five star matches. MITB of course and the #1 contender match on Raw for Mania (highly recommended for anybody who has not seen these matches).

Rock v Cena was great too, Rocks surprise return had me real excited. I enjoyed his build with miz and cena to WM27, although WM27 is probably my least favourite mania. The match at WM28 was great in my opinion but the match at WM29 was a piece of crap for me. The WM29 match was far too predictable to enjoy too. Great feud and will probably go down as the best feud of the last 10 years but for me its Punk v Cena.

I had to go with HBK/Y2J, great matches and a great build, and one of the sweetest heel turns of all time, and it launched "Lex Luthor"/suit Jericho, one of the best heels ever. But I can't argue with anyone who picked Cena/Punk or Cena/Edge, or Punk/Hardy.

And you missed out on recent years because of the time restrictions. the HHH/Bryan feud is really shaping up, though we'll have to see what happens at Mania and beyond.

Cena/Rock never grabbed me the way it should have. Just too much juvenile antics in the build. The initial confrontations were awesome though.

The two choices are undoubtedly Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho/Shawn Michaels and Undertaker. I cannot decide which one but the latter was on a much grander level than the former despite the lack of ladder matches and no holds barred matches because what Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker accomplished at two Wrestlemanias back to back will simply be reverberating glory for ages to come.

I am a little disappointed about the exclusion of Chris Jericho-Shawn Michaels feud from 2003(as you count 2004-2014 and not the 2000s) because I enjoyed that one too, but I must say Chris Jericho was on a whole different level when he turned heel in 2008. I just chuckled everytime he'd say "hypocrites", "parasites", and "pandering". LMAO.

To be a little audacious, you included minor feuds such as Miz and Daniel Bryan(The Miz, Really?) at the expense of excluding the John Cena-Batista feud which also included their first-time encounter at Summerslam '08 which IMO was one of the greatest matches ever and to think it had John Cena! Randy Orton-John Cena feud from 2009 was pretty amazing too, and truly "Epic" if I must use the overused term.

The Jericho Shawn feud in 08 is the best feud WWE has produced in many years.

I alluded to this in another thread about what someone missed but good as the matches were the segments involved in that feud were some of the best and most symbolic we've seen...

Has the WWE had a better, more shocking moment than Jericho knocking out Rebecca? I don't remember it if they did, the only one that upped the ante was indeed one that echoed the past... Shawn going into the Jeritron was almost a "poetic justice" moment based off of Shawn's turn on Jannetty all those years before. There was definitely a "reap what you sow" vibe for Shawn throughout this with some of his nastier moments coming back to bite him in the form of Jericho, who had watched, learned and most importantly not "reformed" in the way Shawn did.

The two guys concerned knew they could do it in the ring, that side of the feud was going to be good no matter what but they were able to up the brutality and intensity just when WWE was going full PG due to Linda's senate run.

Aargh, the feud i would give my vote is not even mentioned: Undertaker vs Edge.

The poll only allows for 15. I wish it allowed for more. There's a decade's worth of feuds, so I would have liked to have at least 40 options. Or hell, why not 100?

Here's what I'd consider the top 100 feuds of the past 10 years. Take a gander. They're in alphabetical order, if you look them up by whoever was the face in the feud:

1. • Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger and Zeb Coulter
  2. • Batista vs. Randy Orton
  3. • Batista vs. Triple H
  4. • Booker T vs. Cody Rhodes
  5. • Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio
  6. • Chris Benoit vs. Edge
  7. • Chris Benoit vs. MVP
  8. • Chris Benoit vs. Triple H
  9. • Chris Jericho vs. Christian and Trish Stratus
  10. • Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler
  11. • CM Punk vs. Paul Heyman/Brock Lesnar
  12. • CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan
  13. • CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler
  14. • CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho
  15. • CM Punk vs. John Morrison
  16. • Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. The Shield
  17. • Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler
  18. • Daniel Bryan vs. Kane
  19. • Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry
  20. • Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz
  21. • Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton/The Authority
  22. • Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family
  23. • Donald Trump vs. Vince McMahon
  24. • D-Generation X vs. Jeri-Show
  25. • D-Generation X vs. Legacy
  26. • D-Generation X vs. Rated RKO
  27. • D-Generation X vs. Vince and the Spirit Squad
  28. • Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio
  29. • ECW Originals vs. The New Breed
  30. • ECW vs. WWE
  31. • Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle
  32. • Eddie Guerrero vs. JBL
  33. • Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio
  34. • Edge vs. Chris Jericho
  35. • Edge vs. Kane
  36. • Edge vs. Randy Orton
  37. • Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels
  38. • Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk
  39. • Jeff Hardy vs. Edge
  40. • Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro
  41. • Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy
  42. • Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton
  43. • John Cena vs. Batista
  44. • John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar
  45. • John Cena vs. CM Punk
  46. • John Cena vs. Edge
  47. • John Cena vs. JBL
  48. • John Cena vs. Kurt Angle
  49. • John Cena vs. Mark Henry
  50. • John Cena vs. The Miz
  51. • John Cena vs. The Nexus
  52. • John Cena vs. Randy Orton
  53. • John Cena vs. R-Truth
  54. • John Cena vs. The Rock
  55. • John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels
  56. • John Cena vs. Sheamus
  57. • John Cena vs. Triple H
  58. • John Cena vs. Umaga
  59. • John Morrison vs. The Miz
  60. • Kane vs. The Wyatt Family
  61. • Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
  62. • Matt Hardy vs. Edge
  63. • Matt Hardy and Lita vs. Kane
  64. • Matt Hardy vs. MVP
  65. • Mick Foley vs. Edge
  66. • Mick Foley vs. Randy Orton
  67. • Randy Orton vs. Christian
  68. • Randy Orton vs. CM Punk
  69. • Randy Orton vs. Ric Flair
  70. • Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
  71. • Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk
  72. • Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero
  73. • Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho
  74. • Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
  75. • Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
  76. • Ric Flair vs. Triple H
  77. • Ricky Steamboat vs. Chris Jericho
  78. • The Rock vs. CM Punk
  79. • Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho
  80. • Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle
  81. • Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. McMahon
  82. • Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton
  83. • Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H
  84. • Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan
  85. • The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family
  86. • Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara
  87. • Team Hell No vs. The Shield
  88. • Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
  89. • Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy
  90. • Triple H vs. Randy Orton
  91. • Triple H vs. Sheamus
  92. • Trish Stratus vs. Lita
  93. • Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James
  94. • The Undertaker vs. Batista
  95. • The Undertaker vs. CM Punk
  96. • The Undertaker vs. Edge
  97. • The Undertaker vs. Kane
  98. • The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton
  99. • The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
  100. • The Undertaker vs. Triple H

I'm sure there is a correction on the posts below, but I will say it too anyway. Punk's feud with Cena went on for more, until February 2013. With that being said, Punk and Cena's feud is probably the hottest feud in the past 10 years. And what a story behind it. At WM22, Punk is a gangster in Chicago. 5 years later, Punk defeats Cena in Chicago and leaves as WWE Champion.

Prior to that, there was another confrontation with Punk's diet soda. Also, Punk got out probably the best promo ever during their feud and they created some of the most historic and classic matches ever. They (were) are the two faces of the WWE fighting for the top spot and they just have this chemistry together.

A close second is Jericho and HBK. They had a long history and were two of the best in-ring and overall performers of ALL TIME. Classic matches, great promos, pure gold.

Everything else is far from the best feud of the past 10 years.

If I had to name the two feuds I mentioned, I'd say that HBK vs Y2J is the feud you wanted to see, because you knew that those two guys were the best.
On the other hand, Punk vs Cena is the Austin vs Rock of this age. The two biggest guys in the company. Over the years we had iconic rivalries like Hogan-Warrior, Austin-Rock and now we have Punk-Cena. It happens just so rarely that it stands out.

Edge vs Cena defined the last decade, WWE ' S top face vs it's top heel. Even more than that, Edge was able to get the best out of Cena, which many have tried and few could accomplish.

Cena/Punk I'd say. Hottest feuds, and best matches.

Edge/Cena might have gone on the longest. That's more of a workhorse feud. Lots of content, but it was never as hot as Punk/Cena or as hight in quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back