• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Face/Heel Turns you never saw coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shafe_41

DON'T HINDER JINDER
I think this is a fun topic that I haven't seen anywhere else in the threads. What is the best heel or face turn that you have seen throughout your wrestling-loving lifetime.

I will start with the pretty obvioius choice of Hogan in WCW when he turned on Randy Savage to join the nWo. Anytime you have a heel turn, or any heel action that has got the fans throwing their trash into the ring, I believe it was great. Although his heel persona didn't really last that long, it's the turn that counts here. I'd love to hear some other picks from everybody else!

I remember when I was twelve watching WrestleMania XV. When X-Pac was facing Shane-O-Mac, and I saw The Game walking to the ring, I thought he was going to assist his good buddy in winning the European Championship. After I had seen Chyna help The Game beat Kane, I thought fences were mended, and DX was whole again. But I was wrong. Triple H turned his back on X-Pac and helped Shane retain. I was livid. The man who carried on DX in HBK's absense had turned his friends and left them high and dry. This may not seem that shocking to many, but I had a DX muscle shirt I always wore to gym class with Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, X-Pac, Chyna, and Triple H on it. It was my favorite possession at the time, and I ripped it up in disgust.

Obviously, Hogan/NWO.

Another one was Bret's heel turn in 97. Though it was slow and it made sense after a while, if you'd have told me in 95 or early 96 that Bret would be the top heel in the WWF for a good portion of 97, I'd have been shocked.

The Brian Kendrick. First off, he turned heel for like 2 days against London, but went back. I thought that was shocking, and then it faded away. But then he gets drafted to Smackdown and BAM, goes from jobber face with no personality to solid midcarder with a heel gimmick.

the biggest heel turn in wcw history had to be hulk hogan no one would have thought that he was the 3rd man i remember when he got in the ring and the wiesal was like is he the 3rd man? i was wtf no way hulk hogan is the 3rd man but when he hit that leg drop on randy savage i was in total disbelief. but it was the best thing that happened to wcw.

the biggest in heel turn in wwe history to me was stone cold steve austin at wrestlemania 17.
when vince handed stone cold the chair and he started beating the shit out of the rock i just knew we were seeing austin become a heel and after the match when stone cold and vince shook hands that was one of the most shocking things ive seen in wwe i never thought that would have happened

xpac turns on kane was a shocker for me. i loved there team and thought for sure kane was gunna be in dx. i was so mad.

when ddp had his fued with taker. its kinda a heel turn. i think everyone expected a face ddp is there was gunna be any ddp in wwe.for a second there he had mega heat. i stress the word second.

but the biggest heel turn of all time was vince turning heel at summerslam 97. the screwjob.

The Hogan and Austin turns were very shocking, let me give you more. Bret Hart helping Hogan win title. The Giaint joining the NWO the first time, it was the night before my freshman orientation in highschool which i was very nervous for, but that took my mind off of it. What about hogan turning face? Like when he came out to his American made music on Nitro. Or Goldbergs brief heel turn when he joined new blood.

The Rock = Survivor Series 1998: This entire night was played off quietly with The Rock advancing through the tournament because of small flukes.

First, Triple H. "mysteriously" misses his call and the Big Boss Man (Corp. member) has to fill in. Rock rolls him up instantly and wins the match. Then, I believe it's Ken Shamrock (who also becomes a Corp. member) As the Big Boss Man tries tossing Shamrock the nightstick, only for the Rock to leap in between, catch it and drill Shamrock, advancing to the semi-finals.

Finally, in the Semi's, it's the Rock against the Undertaker I believe and in the end it's because of Kane coming out and chokeslamming the Rock, causing him to advance to the final's through a Disqualification.. all blindly setting up the turn..

And all because that entire night seriously surrounded the McMahon's, Mankind, and Steve Austin. They screwed Steve Austin in his match with Mick Foley, allowing the "favored son" Mankind to advance.. and then everyone seen them leave, only to come out during the Rock's final match against Mankind.. in which everyone figured they'd screw the Rock too.

In the end, it's the Sharpshooter by the Rock, McMahon calling for the bell (visably) and bam.. heel turn that's heard 'round the world.

It's hard to do a really surprising turn nowadays. I haven't seen one in a while. I'd say the obvious like Austin, Hogan in WCW, but the all-time greatest heel turn has to be the infamous Barbershop moment with Shawn Michaels and Jannetty.

Not having read about the event in the past and having just started watching late '80s (I think it was somewhere around then...I might be wrong, I have a problem with dates...) WWF when HBK turned on Jannetty from out of nowhere and kicked him through the Barbershop window. A legend was born, another ...didn't become a legend at all.

People keep mentioning great hel turns but what about great face turns. For me there isnt 1 bigger face turn them when Lex Luger power slammed Yokozuna on the ship( i forget the ships name). Noody saw that coming. He was a big time heel in the WWF and then bam he is the biggest face in the company.

People keep mentioning great hel turns but what about great face turns. For me there isnt 1 bigger face turn them when Lex Luger power slammed Yokozuna on the ship( i forget the ships name). Noody saw that coming. He was a big time heel in the WWF and then bam he is the biggest face in the company.

YES! THANK YOU! The Lex Luger face turn on board the Intrepid on the
4th of July was a shock of EPIC proportions. Heading into the Yokozuna slam contest, the favorite amongst me and my friends to pull it off was Crush. After Crush went in and narrowly failed, we all figured MAYBE Savage had a shot. That, obviously, didn't pan out either. We started to ask - Ultimate Warrior returning? Another shot for Hogan?

And the helicopter landed (awesome) and Lex Luger stepped on the deck of the Intrepid and did the deed, shoving aside Bobby Heenan and the monacer "Narcissus" in the meantime.

Come to think of it, SEVERAL of my favorite face turns were Bobby Heenan induced.

1. Mr. Perfect accepting Randy Savage's tag team request for Survivor Series against Ric Flair and Razor Ramor, following the crapping out of The Ultmate Warrior. Perfect dumping the water pitcher on Hennan's head and calling him a "wet weasel" was classic work.

2. Andre the Giant at WrestleMania, turning on "The Collossal Connection" and attacking Heenan for constantly berating him. It was honestly the best way for Andre to go out.

I think the turn I remember the most and was most surprised about is when Austin turned heel and joined the ECW WCW alliance I mean I should have seen it coming but I didnt, and I was like 11 at the time Stone Cold was my favourtite probs and when he turned heel I was like pft I aint watching this anymore haha! I think the most legendary turnw as obviously Hogan inot the NWO I mean no one absolutley no one saw that coming!

The face turn of Lex Luger slamming Yokozuna that one summer was something I totally forgot about. I think that has to be the most memorable face turn my memory (until I think of something else). I'm kinda ashamed of myself that I forgot the infamous HBK superkick on MJ through the Barbershop window.

I thought of two other somewhat minor heel turns but they play in my head over and over for some reason.

1.) The night Eric Bischoff joined the nWo. I was young at the time and was really just getting into the actual storylines of wrestling and not just watching matches and characters at work. You know he was one of your favorite WCW announcers and listening to him and his excitement (good or bad) when people slowly joined the nWo...which brings me to my second turn.

2.) Another nWo related "turn" I believe was when they introduced Sting (though it was a fake Sting). Again, I was younger at the time and didn't pay attention to facial features and whatnot and didn't pay attention to detail to see it wasn't the real Sting the first time we saw him really up close. (I still believe it was the actual Sting that came from the limo to beat down Luger in the rain on Nitro because it was definately his voice from the limo talking to Ted DiBiase.) If Hogan wasn't shocking enough of a face to turn heel for you, I believe that back in the mid 90's WCW, Sting was the primary face (I mean it as "good guy" and "icon") of WCW.

in the wwe id have to say chuck pulambo(did he get released cus i havent seen him for a while and its one that i didnt see coming)cus i liked him he could wrestle,i thought he was a future champion,had the crowds back all the time,then he beat up jamie and bam big heel.

oh lets not forget one of the biggest heels in the wwe today.lil' old vickie guerro.when i saw her kiss edge and not only be disgusted,she was heel but then she did all that stuff to taker,she got mad boos.

I don't see the point in repeating what anyone else has said, although I do agree with the Hulk Hogan being the third man and then saying the garbage in the ring represented all of the fans, talk about a heel turn.

Something nobody else has said, I don't think, but when Triple H turned on Ric Flair at Home Coming? (Correct me if I'm wrong). I didn't see Triple H turning on Ric Flair anytime soon, I was suprised mind you I wasn't reading wrestling websites in 2005, so I don't know if there was any talk about it before it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back