• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Comedy Wrestler

A lot of good responses, particularly ppl who remember the overlooked but well performed pre WWE days of Chris Jericho. Still, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Ric Flair or Rowdy Piper.

Piper was always a nut case, but his Pipers Pit days in the mid 80's were absolute classics. He was definately a great villain but he had plenty of funny moments (poor Bob Orton, seemed the enforcer was always getting beaten up protecting Hot Rod).

Flair was hillarious at the height of the Horsemen in the NWA. Moments like when he dressed a dept store manequin to look like Prescious (arch rival Jimmy Garvin's attractive valet/manager) and proceeded to undress and molest the doll while demonstrating what she could expect when she "rides space mountain" are pure gold. Another was the confrontation with The Rock 'N' Roll Express where Flair pulls out a training bra and explains to Morton the difference between "big girls" like he gets vs "teeny boppers" Morton gets. The catered ring side buffets on Monday Nitro courtesy of Randy Savage's credit cards (confiscated by Elizabeth in her divorce) lead to plenty of over the top funny moments, not to mention the "Be Fair To Flair" skits during his campaign for re-instatement in 1995 were pretty good too.

No one mentioned Kevin Nash, Terry Funk, or George "The Animal" Steele either, mild surprises

Easily The Rock, and it's not even close. In particular, his heel work from 2003 produced some of the funniest promos I've ever seen. Rock taking this piss out of the fans because they didn't know whether to boo or cheer him was priceless. Who can ever forget the hilarious guitar segments, the stuff with Hurricane, and The Rock Concerts? Classic stuff.

"The Rock has more pie in a week than you have in a lifetime!"

I gonna say Owen Hart. Dude was funny as hell. both on camera and off. The wolfpack, back in the day too. Christian, Nash, and Joe just cut some pretty good promos not too long ago.

My Top 5:

1. Chris Jericho. Not only the most talented wrestler of the past decade, but the funniest. His WCW Conspiracy, Interupting WWF superstars, the feud with Stephanie McMahon, and his tag team with Christian make him the funniest wrestler ever.

2. The Rock. Connected with the fans so well you had to like him. He was so sarcastic and made funny jokes. His best promo was the Rock Concert when he sung to Sacremento.

3. Shawn Michaels. When he was with DX in the 90's this guy was the shit. How he made fun of every wrestler and his infamous fake Undertaker entrances. I loved how he slagged on Canada so much they still hate him o this day.

4. Kurt Angle. When he was acting like he was a child who thought they were better than anyone else is unforgettable. When he dowsed The Alliance with milk was great or when his fake interview with the Rock aired was his most memorable things.

5. Edge and Christian. They played the stupid blonde gimmick who was hilarious. Their infamous 7 second poses and when they made fun of Hardy Boyz clips was the greatest. Or when they brought out the Hardyz of the future.

(Notice all these guys rose to fame during the Attitude Era)

It has to be Kurt Angle, especially before he got his head shaved bald. He was such a nerd, spraying milk at the Alliance and singing "Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care" to Stone Cold were both classic moments lol. I also remember the time when he was feuding with Bad Ass Taker, where during the entrances Taker comes out on his motorcycle and Kurt comes out on a scooter lol. After shaving his head he became more intense and focused, but he still has some funny moments now and then, but nothing compared to his first couple of years in the WWE.

The Rock, Stone Cold, Chris Jericho, William Regal, Edge, and Christian are all respectable choices as well.

I do agree w/ a lot of ur guys' picks put since they've been said numerous time im gonna go w/ someone new. COLT CABANA!!! Im sure there's ppl here that haven't seen him wrestle or heard of him but trust the guy is hilarous on the mic and even the stuff he does in the ring. His matches from ROH are some of the funniest things i've seen and dont get me wrong, he's not just a comedy wrestler cuz he could still get it done in the ring. So if you've haven't seen his work I'm sure your in for a pleasant surprise when he gets called up to the WWE main roster (hopefully soon)
here's a vid

http://youtube.com/watch?v=670UuN_kn-U

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back