• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Armageddon match ever!!

Would you have liked to see Armageddon continue?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
WWE Armageddon was first held in 1999, it was IMO an explosive ppv. There were 9 in total, in 2001 WWE held Vengeance and in 2009, TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs took over from the December ppv. 3 of them ended in a non-title main event. From 2004 to 2006, it was Smackdown! exclusive.

What I want to know is, Out of the lot, what was your favourite match to take place at Armageddon?

My favourite would have to be the very first 1999, the main event between Triple H and Vince Mcmahon, Stephanie was sitting ringside in this match.

The whole build up towards this match was great, with Triple H marrying Stephani secretly, Vince was really on fire, the match was great aswell, with a few high spots, but what got me was the ending, when the billion dollar princess Stephanie turned on her father, this was the start of the Mcmahon-Helmsley era in the WWE.
The rest of thecard was pretty decent aswell.

IMO, the worst main event match would have to be Edge vs Jeff Hardy vs Triple H in 2008.

Honourable Mention
*Y2J vs Kane last man standing
*6-man hell in a cell match

*Triple H vs Shawn Michaels - 3 stages of hell

*Randy Orton vs The Undertaker - hell in a cell

*Jeff Hardy vs Triple H - No. 1 Contenders match

That's mine, What's Yours??

I've always felt Armageddon was always one of the worst ppvs of the year. There aren't many things that stand out to me. One pretty good match was the four way tag team title match from 2006. It's remembered for the sick hit Joey Mercury took. It was an unannounced match and a pretty fun match.

I like the hell in a cell between Undertaker and Randy Orton in 2005. There have been better and more memorable cell matches, but I thought this was pretty solid. I watched this a few months ago and couldn't help but think how Orton back then resembles Ted Dibiase now.

Who could you say triple h vs jeff hardy vs edge was the worst armageddon match ever? Are you insane? That was a pretty good match that had some nice spots. Also that match was jeff hardys first major title in Wwe. The worst main event was Batidta and Cena vs Booker T and Finlay.

I'm going to have to go with the Three Stages Of Hell match between Triple H and HBK at Armageddon 2002. This was an awesome match, and it was also the last time we would see Shawn wear world championship gold. Out of all three matches, the cage match was my favorite. Other than HBK taking that sick fall through the stack of tables, nothing special happened in the ladder match. At that point, HBK and HHH were just gutting it out, and you could tell they were exhausted.

i would say the best armageddon match would be the 6 men armageddon hell in a cell match. That watch was insane with Austin, Kurt, Rikishi, Rock,Taker and Triple H.It had the spot with Taker throwing Rikishi from tiop of the cell.

I really liked the championship match between Orton and Jericho for some reason. I mean I know it ended in DQ, but it also resulted in the return of John Bradshaw Layfield, and set up an interesting rivalry between him and Jericho.

There was also several other matches that night in 2007 that are note worthy, like you said, the match between Jeff Hardy and Triple H was very exciting, and had a good background, with the two teaming up since Survivor Series, plus it was a big boost for Hardy, beating a top man in the company like Triple H, and it showed him where he stood for the year(excluding the fact he was suspended a few months later.) In fact, I remember...was it Coachmen? I remember when Coachmen first told Triple H and Jeff Hardy about the match, which brings back old memories as well, another reason why I like that match.

And the last one that night, was the Triple threat match between Edge, Batista, and Undertaker. That match featured the 3 top guys on Smackdown, and it was for the World Heavy Weight title. The reason I like this, is that it was one of the last pay per views I saw with my friend before he moved, I remember noting how Edge stayed outside the ring the entire time, and slid in for that cheesy victory. Actually, that ending was very exciting, as Curt Hawkins and Zach Ryder slid out from under the ring, looking exactly like Edge, and I had no clue what was going on, that is another reason I really liked this match.

I think the 2007 Armageddon was one of the bests, as it was in my home town of Pittsburgh, and it had those 3 very good matches!

My favorite Armageddon match would have to be MVP vs. Kane in the infurno match. The last time that match was seen was in the 90's and it was a great blast from the past. It had a great storyline around it and even after the match was great because MVP was getting over as a heel even more. My second favorite was the Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy in the Last Ride match. Again it was the second time this match had happen and it also had a good storyline arond with Mr. Kennedy being a land mouth. For weeks he was going around that He busted open the Undertake, that he made the Dead Man bleed.

2008 - Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Edge

Very exciting match with nonstop action and a thrilling ending in Hardy winning the title. Just a feel good moment and one of my favorite moments of all time in the WWE.

I would have to say that the best armegaddon match ever, without a doubt goes to the 6 man armegeddon hell in a cell match. One of the best hell in a cell matches ever where nobody had a clue who would win, fantastic!

Matches worth a mention

Triple H Vs Edge Vs Jeff Hardy for the WWE Championship 2008
Rey Mysterio Vs CM Punk 2008
Chris Jericho VS Kane 2000
Randy Orton VS The Undertaker 2005
Triple H Vs Shawn Michaels 2002

did i see the original poster say that the WORST was the 2008 edge vs jeff vs triple h??

LOL, if anything, that is one of the if not THE best

i loved everything about that exciting match, and me and my friends were going nuts when Jeff won the title. It was a moment i'll never ever forget

other great matches were the 4 way ladder match from 2006, the 6 man hell in a cell, and kennedy vs taker last ride was also very good... and yes, vince vs hhh was pretty damn good too

I am completely biased here because Armageddon 2006 was the first wrestling I ever properly watched. The best match on that card and probably the best Armageddon match ever was the Four Way Tag Team Ladder Match. It showcased the best of the middle card at the time. The participants literaly laid their bodies on the line all for the enjoyment of the fans. The moves that they all showed off really ignited the crowd and when Joey Mercury broke his nose it just showed off how dangerous this sport can be. Absolutely brilliant match that got me involved in wrestling!

Cannot remember any Armageddon matches right now aside from Triple H V Vince McMahon.

The entire thing was awesome though, as Triple H, Vince McMahon and Stephanie McMahon played their roles to perfection on that night.

It was also the birth of Bitch Stephanie, one of the greatest villains professional wrestling has ever seen.

I have not posted in ages.

But I cannot believe nobody mentioned the 6 way match in 2000.

Angle, Rikishi, Undertaker, Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH...

Jericho vs Kane- Last Man Standing was good too.

Kane vs X-Pac Cage Match 99... their feud over Tori was spectacular and well written.

Orton vs RVD- 2003

and of course: 4 way ladder match London/Kendrick vs MNM vs Hardyz vs Regal/Taylor.

The greatest match of all Armageddon was the Armageddon six man hell in a cell match of 2001 between Kurt Angle, Rikishi, The Rock, The Undertaker, Kane, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Were Rikishi was chokeslammed off the top of the steel cage by the undertaker but angle would retain his title by pinning Rikishi unfortunately.

The greatest match of all Armageddon was the Armageddon six man hell in a cell match of 2001 between Kurt Angle, Rikishi, The Rock, The Undertaker, Kane, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Were Rikishi was chokeslammed off the top of the steel cage by the undertaker but angle would retain his title by pinning Rikishi unfortunately.
:banghead::wtf:
Whoa, you have got this totally wrong mate..the match took place in 2000, yes at armageddon, but rikishi did not get pinned, he was dead on the truck, the rock got pinned, you must have 10 posts, before you can start a thread...and you should ask questions in the questions threads, also check out the FAQ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back