Best 10 Wrestlemania matches of all time

2Sweet_4Life

Oasis Rule the World.
It's my first thread so hopefully some feedback would be nice.
I was watching some old Wrestlemania DVD's and was thinking what was the best 10 of all time i came up with this:

Honourable mentions:
Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan-Sometimes it doesn't have to be a great technical wrestling match to be a good match it was what made the WWF take off and obviously the body slam heard around the world.

Wrestlemania 17 Triple threat Tag Team TLC match- Just amazing it had absolutely everything something nobody had seen before. Jeff Hardy deserved a medal and a monster push for the bumps he took most notably a spear from mid-air.

Wrestlemania 10 Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon- Fantastic match it was the first of its kind and really set the bar high for future ladder matches. People say HBK wrestled with a ladder but Hall contributed some great moments aswell.

Wrestlemania 13 Stone Cold vs Bret Hart- This was great from start to finish ansd it solidified Austin as the guy with Bret turning heel and the crowd getting behind Austin,This is an actual passing of the torch.

Wrestlemania 19 Shawn Michaels vs Y2J- A terrific match one of the finest bell-to-bell matches you'll ever see its just a shame that it wasn't for the world title instead of Booker T vs HHH then it would of had a bigger build and felt more important.

TOP 10:

10.Wrestlemania 26 Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker- A good match i thinked i would of ranked it higher if my expectations weren't so high because of the previous match between the 2 but still a teriffic match and obviously a tear-jerker after the match (HBK Fan).

9.Wrestlemania 15 The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin- Amazing match Austin's popularity was sky-high at this point and was the right decision to give him the strap the fued was beatifully set up and they produced in the first of their 3 Mania matches.

8.Wrestlemania 28 The Rock vs John Cena- The fued was so heated because we know how they don't get along in real life it was an amazing build leading up to the match. It had a special feel to it and because of it being in The Rock's hometown and Cena always having a mixed reaction, The audience was so emotionally involved and it was just relief that The Rock won and he didn't just come back to put over Cena and supposedly pass the torch.

7.Wrestlemania 12 Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart-This match would of been ranked higher if the build was better, The crowd look so uninterested even when HBK hit the super kick and the crowd kind of ruined the match but an amazing bell-to-bell match.

6.Wrestlemania 28 Undertaker vs HHH- It was a tremendous match which was made to feel so important with JR specially on commentary for the 1 match and the music before the cell was lowered. Good ol' fashioned storytelling by two greats and without any crazy bumps (Foley) it managed to produce so much emotion and excitement and made you feel for once that the streak may end.

5.Wrestlemania 19 Stone Cold vs The Rock- Part III of their Wrestlemania matches it was a good match and Austin's last. Although it was a great match I do think it not going off last (although it was non-title) kind of made it feel not as big as the other 2. Also I think the WWE should of let it be known it was Austin's last match the crowd would of been so into it (Big mistake by Vince).

4.Wrestlemania 21 Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels- I was torn whether or not to put this in my top 3 and i took a while to decide but i put it at 4 because of the build I wasn't totally sold on why they were fighting I know Kurt eliminated Shawn from RR but i didn't know why Kurt was 'Jealous' of Shawn if they gave this a proper build the crowd would of been into it more and I would of put it in my top 3.

3.Wrestlemania 3 Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat- Best bell-to-bell match ever...At the time. At the time you had guys like Shiek,Hogan,Andre,Warrior guys who couldn't dream of putting on a match like this it was something out of the ordinary-for it's time period. Over the years I think its been matched by HBK vs Bret, HBK vs Y2J, HBK vs Kurt.

2.Wrestlemania 25 Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker- Two legends just giving it everything-High spots,Technical wrestling,Close Pinfalls,Great reversals,Dramatic ending. Everything you could ask for you got. This match carried a really weak Wrestlemania and looking at the main event this should of ended it because it was 20x better than Randy Orton vs HHH.

1.Wrestlemania 17- The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin- Im not claiming this to be the best bell-to-bell match of all time, But has there ever been a better build to a match than this. The 2 faces of the Attitude Era who took down wCw, Going head to head in the Main Event of Wrestlemania 17 for the WWF Title. It was amazing straight out of the blocks, Great Reversals, Weapons used, The crowd was hot as you would expect, Both men trying to make eachother submit plenty of Near-Falls and of course the Shocking twist at the end. I've never been more excited for a match than this it was incredible I couldn't fault it and looking back it was a Epic Heel turn nobody saw coming Austin siding with his biggest Rival was unbelievable, An amazing match between 2 of the most popular Wrestlers ever,Truly Incredible.I was on the edge of my seat throughout.

So what do you think of this list and I'd like to hear your opinions and what is your best 10 Wrestlemania matches of all time.

10. Wrestlemania X7-

TLC Match
(WWF Tag Team Championships)
Edge & Christian vs The Hardy Boyz vs The Dudley Boyz

-I know it's not one of the big 1 on 1 feuds, but this deserves ten as it just was unlike anything at that time. I mean the greatest tag team matches in history are this. Yeah some would call it spot monkey stuff, that's not true. These guys are talented in more ways than TLC, but this specific match just had so many elements to it and defined so much about the time. This truly is one of the greatest undercard WrestleMania matches of all time.

9. Wrestlemania 3

Singles Match
(WWF Championship)
Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant

-this match deserves it, for simply being the selling point of the biggest of the earliest WrestleManias and that large live gate.

8. Wrestlemania 21

Singles Match
Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels

-same reason as number 6

7. Wrestlemania 3

Singles Match
(WWF Intercontinental Championship)
Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat

-same reason as number 8 and 6 and a perfect match. Something about that match when I watchesd it, just does it for me. I

6. Wrestlemania 12

Iron Man Match
(WWF Championship)
Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart

-One of the greatest pure wrestling matches of all time

5. Wrestlemania 28

Singles Match
(Generation vs Generation)
(Once in a Lifetime)
The Rock vs John Cena

-the better generational clash as far as both being in their prime. I was there for it, I loved it, the one year build was epic, different, may have been tiring for some but thats the key word. It was gripping especially since the match really had a 7 year build.

4. Wrestlemania X8

Singles Match
(Generation vs Generation)
The Rock vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan

-What else can be said? It's the biggest generational clash of all time by name

3. Wrestlemania 25

Singles Match
Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker

-I was there, I felt every bit of it and it was a great match all through. It deserves the top ten.

2. Wrestlemania 28

Hell in a Cell
(The End of an Era)
Undertaker vs HHH
Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels

-I was there for this one, it was a great story, and emotional ride all overseen by HBK who added greatly to the match.

1. Wrestlemania X7-

No Holds Barred Match
(WWF Championship)
The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

-The greatest two men to ever feud and create magic unlike any other two guys can working together, that alone aside from the greatest pre-match highlight video, build for a match, and biggest main event ever

10: Bret Hart vs Rowdy Roddy Piper: Piper putting Bret over was huge.

9: Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon: It wasn't the 1st ladder match in WWE history but it was arguably the most important due to the standard in which it set for all others that would follow. Despite what the Scott Hall haters would have you believe, both men worked equally hard to make a great match.

8: Bret Hart vs Owen Hart: Great wrestling match. Never thought Owen would win.

7: Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle: Classic match. Plus it was nice to see a good majority of IWC members eating crow thinking Kurt would job because of HBK's ego.

6: Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat: Great build, great wrestling. If it weren't for this match, we'd probably not have ever got to see Y2J wrestle.

5: Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels: Another great match. I remember watching Y2J in his WCW debut & thinking, he could be the next HBK. A dream match for me.

4: Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin: This was what really kicked off the Attitude Era. It was non stop action & the reverse face/heel turn was very well done.

3: Chris Beniot vs Kurt Angle: Great technical match up.

2: Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs Ric Flair: The best match these two ever had with each other bar none. Great story telling, action, build. And the promos that both men cut after the match were some of the best ever. Great emotion.

1: Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart: It went some 62 minutes & it was the single greatest wrestling match I have ever seen. I was so happy to see HBK finally win the big one.

rock vs john cena? Really?
That was the most overhyped peace of shit i have ever seen. Hell i would go as far to say that the rock had the conditioning of warrior in his match against hogan. Just me mentioning the match is overating it. Really the rock should not even be on the top 10 list. Well heres my list.

10. Jericho vs Michaels WM 19

9.bret hart vs roddy pipper

8.Michaels vs Razor Ramon wm 10

7.Flair vs michaels wm 24

6.Hart vs austin wm 13

5.Flair vs savage WM 8

4.HHH Vs Benoit vs Michaels

3.savage vs. steamboat

2.shawn michaels vs undertaker wm 25

1.Shawn michaels vs bret hart wm 12

I like the OP's list and everyone else's too. The following would be my Top 10 Matches at Wrestlemania.

#10. Edge vs. Mick Foley, in a No Holds Barred or Street fight, I think, at Mania 22. This match was hardcore from beginning to end. They had barbwire, set a table on fire which edge speared Foley through. A great match, one both guys should be proud of.

#9. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin, in a submission match, or I Quit match, with Ken Shamrock as ref, at Mania 13. This match stole the show at Mania 13. It was a classic wrestling battle which saw the face and heel trade places during the match. This match really launched Austin to the next level. Who can forget the bloody face of Austin as he passes out in the sharpshooter hold but doesn`t give up.

Number 8. T.L.C. 2, between the Hardyz, the Dudleys, and Edge and Christian for the WWETTC. at Mania 17. This was the caper match to a great feud between these three tag teams. They pulled out all the stops. It was rough and tough and had classic moments such as Edge spearing Jeff while he was hanging in mid air. A classic finale to this triple threat feud at probably the best Mania ever.

Number 7. Kurt Angle vs. HBK, in an Interpromotional match at Mania 21. This match stole the show at Mania 21. It featured great wrestling from 2 great wrestlers. It was back and forth, It had the crowd involved, and an awesome submission battle to end the match. One of the best matches in both guys careers.

Number 6. WWFC. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant, at Mania 3. This was the match fans had longed to see. The 2 biggest names in the WWF at the time going one on one for the top prize. It wasn`t a classic by wrestling standards, but just having those two forces in the ring at once was awesome. And would can forget the slam heard around the world, Hogan defeating the Giant and ending his 15 year winning streak I believe. Just an amazing happening in sports entertainment.

Number 5. WWFC. The Rock vs. Steve Austin, at Mania 17, for the title, in a NO DQ. I believe. This great match capped of perhaps the greatest Mania of them all in stunning fashion. Out of there 3 Mania battles, this one was my favorite. It went back and forth, Both guys kicking out of finishing moves and doing each others finishing moves. For a while it seemed Austin wasn`t going to be able to put away the Rock, until Vince came down to ringside and gave Austin a hand. In the end Austin won the title and turned heel, having a beer with his arch enemy Mr. McMahon. I can still hear J.R. saying Austin has sold his sole to the devil himself for the title. Great ending to a great Mania.

Number 4. WWEC. Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar, at Mania 19. This Mania, IMO, was the 2nd greatest one of all time and was capped off by this ultimate showdown between two of the purist wrestlers in the business. Kurt and Brock both had an ammature background and it showed throughout their epic battle. Back and forth it went, both men exhausted by the wrestling clinic they were putting on. It featured the classic moment where Brock almost broke his neck attempting to do a shooting star press to finish the match. In the end Brock won the title, and had a concussion, Angle was hurting as well. The crowd applauding both competitors on a terrific match which cultimated this great Mania.

Number 3. Undertaker vs. Triple H, Hell in a Cell, with HBK as ref, at Mania 28. This end of an era was a classic from start to finish. It told a great story as the match went on. The Game telling HBK to call it or he would destroy the phenom for good. HBK trying to remain impartial, being pleaded to by the Undertaker to not stop it. They through everything they had at each other and got physical with HBK when he got in their way. In the end the Undertaker, once again was too much for the Game to handle, and finally reached the unpresidented accomplishment of 20-0 at Mania. All 3 guys helped each other from the ring giving us one last time of seeing all three legends together in a curtain call type moment.

Number 2. Undertaker vs. HBK, at Mania 25. This match undoubtably was a classic waiting to happen. Two of the greatest in ring perfomers, perhaps, giving a performance of a lifetime. It was Mr. Wrestlemania against the man who was undefeated 16 times at Wrestlemania. They put on a clinic, back and forth finishing moves and kick outs from nowhere. It was a match that celebrated 2 of the best in Mania history. In the end the phenom went 17-0, but not without his toughest test to date. Biggest winner of this match was the fans who had watched the careers of these two men all the way up to this inevitable face off.

Number 1. WWFC. Bret Hart vs. HBK, in an Iron Man Match at Mania 12. This was the one and only time, so far an Iron man match was in a Mania event. It featured the glorifed exellence of execution, the Hitman, and the Show stopper himself, the HBK. These 2 had a battle going on for years as to who was the best and would be the face of the company. Bret ruled for a long time but HBK finally thought it was his time to shine as the main man. It was the most incredible wrestling clinic ever put on in a WWF,WWE match.IMO. It was an hour long and both guys kept up a fast pace the whole time. When the hour was finally up, neither man had scored a fall on the other. They seemed equally great, but there had to be a winner. So, in overtime HBK finally hit the hitman not once, but twice with sweet chin music and scored the biggest victory of his career. The boy-hood dream had come true for Shawn Michaels, as Vince said on the mic. Perhaps the greatest match in Pro wrestling history. The Heated rivalry, the great wrestling, the WWF title on the line in a way it had never been before. It had it all with a sentimental finish. This is probably my greatest wrestling memory of them all. I was a big HBK fan, and cheered for him for years, and finally both are dreams had come true on the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania.

Since wrestling is very limited in my country, especially PPVs, I was only able to watch WrestleManias XX to 23 and XXVI and XXVII. Therefore, I'm only basing my ranking with these six:

10.) WrestleMania XX: John Cena vs. Big Show - I may be a Cena Hater now, but I wasn't during his WWE Debut and his Thugonomics Persona. I personally loved the last verse of his rap before the match, "Madison Square, chant it loud baby, BIG SHOW SUCKS!". But enough about the promo, the match saw Show dominate the whole match, until Cena used his Five Moves of Doom on him. It wasn't enough to put the giant out, so Cena had to grab the chain, planted it on Show's head, delivered a second FU, pin him and become the new United States Champion. A great finish to the first Cena-Show Rivalry.

9.) WrestleMania XXVI: World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho vs. Edge - The most obvious outcome of the WresleMania Matches I've ever seen. Edge spearing Jericho every week during their feud made it as plain as day that Jericho would beat Edge at WrestleMania. And that's exactly what happened. Still, it was definitely worth watching.

8.) WresteMania XXVI: Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Cody Rhodes - Legacy vs. Legacy vs. Legacy. The official implosion. The Double DDT on the second rope was pretty cool, even though I'm not an Orton Fan.

7.) WrestleMania 22: Money-in-the-Bank Ladder Match - The best WrestleMania MITB Ladder Match I've ever seen. The highlight of the match was Shelton Benjamin jumping from the top rope to a ladder (or was it from one ladder to another?) despite Rob Van Dam winning the match. I'll never forget Jerry Lawler's words to Shelton, "He's freakin' Spider-Man!".

6.) WrestleMania XXVI: WWE Champion Batista vs. John Cena - Screw Cena-Orton. The real clash of the titans was Cena-Batista. I already hated Cena by that time, but I wasn't a Batista Fan either. Still, seeing the two top faces of the WWE duke it out again was pretty cool, with Cena regaining the WWEC back from Batista.

5.) WrestleMania 23: World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Undertaker - Title vs. Streak. Loved the promos where Taker appeared on Raw, ECW and Smackdown on the days after he won the Royal Rumble to intimidate World Champions Cena, Lashley and Batista respectively, ultimately choosing Batista's WHC, which led to a solid match between the two and culminating on Taker defeating Batista to claim his "Holy Grail".

4.) WrestleMania XX: Rock n' Sock Connection vs. Evolution - The outcome was disappointing since The Rock's my favorite Attitude Era Wrestler but was necessary for Orton and Batista to get over. Really enjoyed the parts where Orton couldn't best Rock every time they got the chance to face each other during the match. Orton stopping Rock pin Flair only to taste the latter's Rock Bottom was classic.

3.) WrestleMania 22: World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio - While the second WrestleMania World Title Triple-Threat Match wasn't as good as the first, it was a much faster-paced match. Everyone knew that Mysterio would be pushed due to Eddie Guerrero's death (RIP Eddie) - and that's exactly what happened. Mysterio pinned Orton to become the new WHC, which was a tear-jerking moment. Personally though, I would have had him pin Angle instead, but Angle obviously wouldn't allow himself to put Mysterio over during that time.

2.) WrestleMania 22: Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon - Vince's best match for me, even though he lost. He never looked so good losing - and that was a compliment. The highlight of the match was definitely HBK doing the Crotch Chop on the top ladder and driving that elbow drop onto Vince, which led to his WrestleMania Victory.

1.) WrestleMania XX: World Heavyweight Champion Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - The first WrestleMania World Title Triple-Threat Match. Clearly the best WrestleMania Match I've ever seen - and not just because Benoit's my favorite Ruthless Agression Era Wrestler. Benoit's counter to Hunter's roll-up into a second Crossface got me out of my seat, anticipating the tap-out. And when HHH did, Madison Square erupted, leading to Benoit winning his first World Title after an 18-year odyssey with confetti showering him. Then when Eddie Guerrero came into the ring, I horribly thought that he was gonna attack him (based on their rocky in-ring relationship), but thankfully, he clapped for his best friend, hugged him and celebrated with him as both the World Champions in the WWE, thus creating the most memorable WrestleMania Moment for me.

That was the most overhyped peace of shit i have ever seen. Hell i would go as far to say that the rock had the conditioning of warrior in his match against hogan. Just me mentioning the match is overating it. Really the rock should not even be on the top 10 list. Well heres my list.

6.Hart vs austin wm 13

5.Flair vs savage WM 8

3.savage vs. steamboat

I see how you rated, thats not the issue, the issue is it doesnt matter how you feel about the overall hype as the match itself is bigger than any match you listed. I'm not bashing your matches, but this is the reason I dont like threads that dont specify because then you have different rank methods

ex: you mentioned great matches with great actual tech wrestling, but realistically they arent the BIGGEST matches of all time (some are)

a perfect example is WMIII Hogan/Andre- biggest match, but the best was Savage vs Steamboat

that's why I listed the biggest matches AND greatest matches as far as actual wrestling is concerned on a tech basis

I think any fair list would deserve a mix in a vague request as you can not possibly no matter what leave Rock out of the top ten and there are three matches specifically I'm referencing

Rock/Austin, Rock/Hogan and Rock/Cena

each of those matches are three of the biggest matches of all time. Hogan/Andre is the biggest match out of the 1st decade of Manias.

It really is all there

Here we go, this is what i came up with

1. Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker- WM25
2. SteveAustin vs. Bret Hart- MW13
3. Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker- WM26
4. Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle- WM21
5. Steve Austin vs. The Rock- WM17
6. Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley Boyz- WM17
7. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit- WM20
8. Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon- WM10
9. Macho Man vs. Ultimate Warrior- WM7
10 Macho Man vs. Ricky Steamboat- WM3

I went with shawn michaels vs. undertaker for obvious reasons. i left out shawn vs bret because personally i think it is a boring match. hulk vs andre was only good for the slam the rest was boring. Other matches that deserve a mantion- hogan vs macho- WM5, bret vs piper & flair vs macho- WM8, bret vs. owen- WM10, austin vs michaels- WM14, austin vs. rock- WM15 & 19, trianle ladder match- WM16, rock vs. hogan- WM18, jericho vs. michaels & lesnar vs angle- WM19, edge vs. foley & michaels vs mcmahon- WM22, undertaker vs. batista- WM23, edge vs. undertaker- WM 24, triple h vs undertaker- WM 27 & 28

6.Hart vs austin wm 13

5.Flair vs savage WM 8

3.savage vs. steamboat

U mad? Hehehe

Nevermind. Here is my list:

1. Stone Cold vs The Rock WM 17

2. The Rock vs Hollywood Hogan WM 18

3. Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels WM 25

4. TLC WM 16

5. Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle WM 21

6. TLC WM 17

7. Stone Cold vs Bret Hart WM 13

8. Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage WM 3

9. Hulk Hogan vs Andrea The Giant WM 3

10. Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan WM 6

Some people fail to realize that it's not all about technical wrestling. If tech wrestling was that important, dean melenko would've never been out of a WM mainevent.

With these kinds of lists it is very subjective as it is opinions. But great topic. Here is my own opinion -

10 - Bret Hart V Shawn Michaels WM 12 - Excellent match because everyone knows how hard it is to do that kind of a match - and it set up a great rivalry. Not the top match by any stretch because it lagged in parts but a great match.

9 - Bret Hart V Roddy Piper WM 8 - this made Bret Hart a star.

8 - Warrior V Hogan WM 6 - What a showcase - and well worked considering who was involved.

7- Brock V Kurt WM 19 - WOW - brutal and athletic.

6 - Rock V Austin WM 15 - spectacle that tore the fans between anti-hero Austin and bad guy Rock. I remember this fondly.

5 - Bret V Owen -WM 10 - masterpiece.

4 - HBK V Undertaker - WM 25 - not the one that ended HBK's career but a great match. So well told.

3 - Macho Man V Steamboat WM 3 - classic - everyone must watch this if they are a Wrestling fan

2- HBK V Razor Ramon WM 10 - ladder match that was well told and made HBK a break out star.

1 - Bret Hart V Steve Austin -WM 13 - made Austin a big star.

This is very subjective. The best matches mentioned by many arent neccesarilly my favourite matches. While I respect the Iron Man Match at Wrestlemania 12, I thought it was incredibly boring in parts! So here are my FAVOURITE Wrestlemania matches I can watch again and again....

Wrestlemania 17 - Hardys vs Dudleys vs Edge & Christian
TLC for the Tag Titles. Some great spots in this match and the 3 best Tag Teams of this generation.

Wrestlemania 21 - Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels
A very underrated match in my opinion. Classic mat wrestling at its best. Loved this from 2 of the best 'wrestlers' of all time.

Wrestlemania 25 - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels
Incredible match. Better than Wrestlemania 26 which had that horrendous corny ending with the slap. So many near pin falls.

Wrestlemania 8 - Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper
First time I ever saw Bret Hart wrestle. This told a great story, like most of his matches did!

Wrestlemania 28 - The Rock vs John Cena
A modern day Hulk vs Warrior! A year build, some very personal insults and a good match in Rocks hometown and comeback Wrestlemania added to the spectacle for me.

Wrestlemania 6 - Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior
The two biggest dogs in the business at the time, a clash of the Titans. Was great to see The Warrior win and a brillaint face vs face match!

Wrestlemania 19 - Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar
Amazing athleticism from both men. A worthy Main Event from one of the best Wrestlemanias of all time.

Wrestlemania 18 - The Rock vs Hulk Hogan
Icon vs Icon. The match was good but the hot crowd made this match even better. I simply love it for that reason.

Wrestlemania 13 - Bret Hart vs Steve Austin
What can you say about this? Great wrestling, great story telling and the character turn during the match. This made Austin. I loved the ending too.

Wrestlemania 17 - The Rock vs Steve Austin
Austins home town and the 2 hottest Superstars in the business. It was fast paced and brutal. Loved the chair shots to Rock at the end to guarantee the win. McMahon and Austin at the end was epic.

It's my first thread so hopefully some feedback would be nice.
I was watching some old Wrestlemania DVD's and was thinking what was the best 10 of all time i came up with this:

Honourable mentions:
Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan-Sometimes it doesn't have to be a great technical wrestling match to be a good match it was what made the WWF take off and obviously the body slam heard around the world.

Wrestlemania 17 Triple threat Tag Team TLC match- Just amazing it had absolutely everything something nobody had seen before. Jeff Hardy deserved a medal and a monster push for the bumps he took most notably a spear from mid-air.

Wrestlemania 10 Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon- Fantastic match it was the first of its kind and really set the bar high for future ladder matches. People say HBK wrestled with a ladder but Hall contributed some great moments aswell.

Wrestlemania 13 Stone Cold vs Bret Hart- This was great from start to finish ansd it solidified Austin as the guy with Bret turning heel and the crowd getting behind Austin,This is an actual passing of the torch.

Wrestlemania 19 Shawn Michaels vs Y2J- A terrific match one of the finest bell-to-bell matches you'll ever see its just a shame that it wasn't for the world title instead of Booker T vs HHH then it would of had a bigger build and felt more important.

TOP 10:

10.Wrestlemania 26 Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker- A good match i thinked i would of ranked it higher if my expectations weren't so high because of the previous match between the 2 but still a teriffic match and obviously a tear-jerker after the match (HBK Fan).

9.Wrestlemania 15 The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin- Amazing match Austin's popularity was sky-high at this point and was the right decision to give him the strap the fued was beatifully set up and they produced in the first of their 3 Mania matches.

8.Wrestlemania 28 The Rock vs John Cena- The fued was so heated because we know how they don't get along in real life it was an amazing build leading up to the match. It had a special feel to it and because of it being in The Rock's hometown and Cena always having a mixed reaction, The audience was so emotionally involved and it was just relief that The Rock won and he didn't just come back to put over Cena and supposedly pass the torch.

7.Wrestlemania 12 Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart-This match would of been ranked higher if the build was better, The crowd look so uninterested even when HBK hit the super kick and the crowd kind of ruined the match but an amazing bell-to-bell match.

6.Wrestlemania 28 Undertaker vs HHH- It was a tremendous match which was made to feel so important with JR specially on commentary for the 1 match and the music before the cell was lowered. Good ol' fashioned storytelling by two greats and without any crazy bumps (Foley) it managed to produce so much emotion and excitement and made you feel for once that the streak may end.

5.Wrestlemania 19 Stone Cold vs The Rock- Part III of their Wrestlemania matches it was a good match and Austin's last. Although it was a great match I do think it not going off last (although it was non-title) kind of made it feel not as big as the other 2. Also I think the WWE should of let it be known it was Austin's last match the crowd would of been so into it (Big mistake by Vince).

4.Wrestlemania 21 Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels- I was torn whether or not to put this in my top 3 and i took a while to decide but i put it at 4 because of the build I wasn't totally sold on why they were fighting I know Kurt eliminated Shawn from RR but i didn't know why Kurt was 'Jealous' of Shawn if they gave this a proper build the crowd would of been into it more and I would of put it in my top 3.

3.Wrestlemania 3 Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat- Best bell-to-bell match ever...At the time. At the time you had guys like Shiek,Hogan,Andre,Warrior guys who couldn't dream of putting on a match like this it was something out of the ordinary-for it's time period. Over the years I think its been matched by HBK vs Bret, HBK vs Y2J, HBK vs Kurt.

2.Wrestlemania 25 Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker- Two legends just giving it everything-High spots,Technical wrestling,Close Pinfalls,Great reversals,Dramatic ending. Everything you could ask for you got. This match carried a really weak Wrestlemania and looking at the main event this should of ended it because it was 20x better than Randy Orton vs HHH.

1.Wrestlemania 17- The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin- Im not claiming this to be the best bell-to-bell match of all time, But has there ever been a better build to a match than this. The 2 faces of the Attitude Era who took down wCw, Going head to head in the Main Event of Wrestlemania 17 for the WWF Title. It was amazing straight out of the blocks, Great Reversals, Weapons used, The crowd was hot as you would expect, Both men trying to make eachother submit plenty of Near-Falls and of course the Shocking twist at the end. I've never been more excited for a match than this it was incredible I couldn't fault it and looking back it was a Epic Heel turn nobody saw coming Austin siding with his biggest Rival was unbelievable, An amazing match between 2 of the most popular Wrestlers ever,Truly Incredible.I was on the edge of my seat throughout.

So what do you think of this list and I'd like to hear your opinions and what is your best 10 Wrestlemania matches of all time.

I'm okay with your list (though I don't agree with you), but how is Hogan/Rock left off in favor of Cena/Rock or HHH/Taker? Both matches were okay, but Hogan/Rock was a DREAM match, the crowd was ridiculous and put this in perspective: They TURNED on the Rock at his PEAK. THEY TURNED ON THE ROCK IN FAVOR OF HOGAN! That's almost absurd, but Hogan was more than competent in the match and the match itself stands up. Definitely deserves a top 10 spot.

My list:

10) Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior WM 6 - One of Hulk Hogan's better matches. It literally was a 30 minute war. These two guys couldn't wrestle their way out of a paper bag, but put on a great match. What was supposed to be a passing of the torch from Hogan to Warrior ended up being a huge risk because of the Warrior's behavior and a thorn in Hogan's side which ironically, led to one of the worst matches in WCW's history (Halloween Havoc 98). But this match? Electric. Crowd went nuts for Warrior and Hogan and both guys put on a solid match and had a solid finish. What more could you ask for?

9) Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle WM 21 - This match was great...two of the best in the business. Was it better than WM 10? I don't think so, but it was amazing. Anytime you throw Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle together it's going to work. I saw someone say they didn't like the buildup. What buildup is required? They just want to know who the best is. That simple.

8) Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon WM 10 - The ladder match. From bell to bell one of the most entertaining classics you will ever find. This was Shawn Michaels' coming out party and he even gave Razor Ramon a rub from it. Just a phenomenal match between the two and a great feud.

7) Hulk Hogan vs The Rock WM 18 - Like I said above, fantastic crowd that TURNED on arguably the most popular wrestler of the Attitude Era and cheered Hogan, the match itself was solid, and two of the biggest stars EVER in wrestling.

6) Steve Austin vs The Rock WM 17 - This match had a lot to live up to. The entire card was solid and this match delivered. The two biggest stars at the biggest event in a rematch from WM 15 (which wasn't as good as 17 in my opinion) and both definitely in their prime. Loved it.

5) Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin - The official welcoming party for Steve Austin. His Austin 3:16 promo let him in the door, but this match welcomed him to the dance. He was super over after this and the Attitude Era was ready to begin.

4) Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart WM 12 - The Iron Man Match. 62 minutes and some change of fantastic in-ring work with the two biggest stars of the "New Generation" in their absolute primes. When wrestling wasn't nearly as predictable, how many of us thought HBK might submit to the Sharpshooter only to be saved by the bell? I sure did.

3) Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat WM 3 - The best match at Wrestlemania 3, but gets overshadowed by Hogan/Andre.

2) Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant WM 3 - The most anticipated match ever and the quality (for the era) delivers. Not the best wrestling match, but definitely fit both men's style.

1) Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker WM 25 or 26 - Take your pick. You can't beat these matches. They were phenomenal...great hype, great feud, great execution. Two of the top matches of all-time.

Honorable mention: Bret/Owen WM X, TLC - Hardys/Dudleys/Edge & Christian at WM 17, HBK/Jericho WM 19, Savage/Dibiase WM 4, Piper/Hart WM 8, Savage/Flair WM 8, Savage/Warrior WM 7, HBK/Austin WM 14, Angle/Benoit WM 17, Hogan/McMahon Wm 19, HBK/HHH/Benoit WM 20, HBK/Flair WM 24, Cena/Rock WM 28, Taker/HHH WM 28

I see how you rated, thats not the issue, the issue is it doesnt matter how you feel about the overall hype as the match itself is bigger than any match you listed. I'm not bashing your matches, but this is the reason I dont like threads that dont specify because then you have different rank methods

ex: you mentioned great matches with great actual tech wrestling, but realistically they arent the BIGGEST matches of all time (some are)

a perfect example is WMIII Hogan/Andre- biggest match, but the best was Savage vs Steamboat

that's why I listed the biggest matches AND greatest matches as far as actual wrestling is concerned on a tech basis

I think any fair list would deserve a mix in a vague request as you can not possibly no matter what leave Rock out of the top ten and there are three matches specifically I'm referencing

each of those matches are three of the biggest matches of all time. Hogan/Andre is the biggest match out of the 1st decade of Manias.

It really is all there

How many times are you going to stress BIGGEST? Especially since the title of the post is "best". Maybe the reason you hate posts like this is because you can't read.

For the old schoolers out there, I will add some of the BEST matches from the earlier Wrestlemanias.

British Bulldogs vs. Dream Team - WM2

Blue Blazer vs. Mr. Perfect - WM5

Jake Roberts vs. Rick Martel - WM7

How many times are you going to stress BIGGEST? Especially since the title of the post is "best". Maybe the reason you hate posts like this is because you can't read.

For the old schoolers out there, I will add some of the BEST matches from the earlier Wrestlemanias.

British Bulldogs vs. Dream Team - WM2

Blue Blazer vs. Mr. Perfect - WM5

Jake Roberts vs. Rick Martel - WM7

because the best is a combo of the biggest and greatest matches. I can read. The OP even stated some of the actual bests, unlike your all tech list. Someone else even stated what I state in threads like this, tech really isnt all that matters. There's way more styles than technical.

It's no different than naming the best wrestlers of all time. Hogan is in the list for being one of the biggest wrestling stars of all time, Flair is in for being one of the greatest wrestlers of all time

Yet they both make the list. The point is you cant pretend Rock/Hogan isnt one of the best just because it isnt a tech match, a Bret/HBK styled 5 star classic, it's a classic 5 star bout of its own.

That match truly should be in everyone's list and the other two big names involving Rock as well as HBK/Taker and for the most part, they are. and only one of them was really technical at all

The first time I watched Shawn vs Bret I fell asleep halfway through I was so bored but like people have said it's subjective. All the Mania's before 15 I haven't seen in their entirety, I also haven't seen WM28 yet. I know there's a ton of other matches I could have chose but these were in my mind.

10) Triple H vs Undertaker - WrestleMania 27

9) Edge vs Mick Foley - WrestleMania 22

8) Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon - WrestleMania 10

7) Dudleyz vs Hardyz vs Edge & Christian - WrestleMania 16

6) Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle - WrestleMania 21

5) Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho - WrestleMania 19

4) Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage - WrestleMania 3

3) Bret Hart vs Stone Cold - WrestleMania 13

2) The Rock vs Hulk Hogan - WrestleMania 18

1) Owen Hart vs Bret Hart - WrestleMania 10

It really is all there

Except the headline reads "Best 10 WrestleMania matches of all time" not "Biggest 10 WrestleMania Matches of all time". That's why people including myself are putting down what we felt were the best. If you want the biggest, that would be a whole different thread.

Except the headline reads "Best 10 WrestleMania matches of all time" not "Biggest 10 WrestleMania Matches of all time". That's why people including myself are putting down what we felt were the best. If you want the biggest, that would be a whole different thread.

I just explained to you that biggest counts here in best. Just like again Cena would be the Hogan of today and Punk the Flair just as an example, they are great for very different reasons, but BOTH would be listed in a who are the top ten best wrestlers today and anyone who didnt list those two would undoubtedly be a dumbass despite opinion.

I have been a fan since 2000 and have looked back at a lot of the past as well. My favourtie 10 matches in no particular order are the following.

- Wrestlemania 13 - Bret Hart vs Stone Cold - Best submission match I have ever seen. Great skill shown by both and also a double turn which is very unusual in the WWE.

- Wrestlemania 17 TLC 2 E+C vs The Dudleys vs The Hardys - Best TLC match in my book. Defined high risk and arguably stole the show at WM17. Great spot with Edge's spear off the ladder on Jeff Hardy.

- Wrestlemania 17 - Stone Cold vs The Rock - Two top faces at the time and you knew one was going heel. Great heel turn by Austin only made this match live up to its expectations after one of the best build-ups to any match in history.

- Wrestlemania 19 - Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho - Best match of 2003 in my opinion. Almost 30 minutes of great TV and both looked great in the match and this was probably the best HBK/Y2J match of all.

- Wrestlemania 21 - Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle - Again another great technical match. This was a dream match come true.

- Wrestlemania 21 - Chris Jericho vs Edge vs Chris Benoit vs Shelton Benjamin vs Christian vs Kane Money In The Bank - What a line-up for the first Money In The Bank Ladder Match. Plenty of good spots - especially Shelton Benjamin (shame he never became a main event star!). This match catapulted Edge to where he belonged!

- Wrestlemania 22 - John Cena vs Triple H - In my opinion this was Cena's best Wrestlemania thus far. Two of the best WM entrances also took place here and the Chicago crowd also made this match good. They were all pretty much chanting for Triple H the heel and every time Cena went for a move, they booed the hell out of him! Showed why Cena was controversial and the double low blow was a funny moment here as well.

- Wrestlemania 24 - Edge vs Undertaker - Undertaker vs Edge/HBK/HHH has stolen the show at all the Wrestlemanias since this one. Edge finally got to where he deserved here as well.

- Wrestlemania 25 - Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels - Two legends, one match = Golden TV. This was better than WM 26's but it was a brilliant match from start to finish.

- Wrestlemania 27 - Triple H vs Undertaker - All three HHH/Taker matches at Wrestlemania have been great. This was my favourite though since they really bent the PG rules in this match and made the match great for the vetran fans as well as the current generation.

I just explained to you that biggest counts here in best. Just like again Cena would be the Hogan of today and Punk the Flair just as an example, they are great for very different reasons, but BOTH would be listed in a who are the top ten best wrestlers today and anyone who didnt list those two would undoubtedly be a dumbass despite opinion.

You explained your opinion, you did NOT explain anything of fact. Nothing was specified in terms of criteria in the OP. When a headline reads "Best 10 WrestlerMania matches of all time", people are gonna give what they felt were the BEST MATCHES OF ALL TIME. Now that could mean anything to anyone. Some people might actually think that John Cena vs The Rock was a better wrestling match than lets say Bret Hart vs Owen Hart. It's all subjective. You shouldn't spend so much time criticizing others opinions & be a little more open minded.

I looked at a coiple of criteria...how big was the match to the success of that particular WM, how important was the match to the careers of those involved and WWE in general moving forward, and how entertaining was the match. With that said there have been some very good WM matches that may have lead some of these strictly in entertainment value, but In my opinion overall here are my Top 10 Biggest WrestleMania Matches...

1.) Hogan-Andre: Not the greatest match per se but this still today is the biggest main event in pro wrestling, bar none, the 20 year undefeated streak and shocking heel turn of Andre The Giant against the phenom of HulkaMania at it's height of popularity and cultural significance. 93,000 plus fans live, a North American Indoor Attendance Record. I firmly believe it takes more than one match to make a card a success and there were some other important matches at this WM, including a highly anticipated IC Title match between Randy Savage & Ricky Steamboat, 7 time NWA Champion Harley Race making his WM debut, and Roddy Piper's "Retirement" match, but there was no doubt what the biggest match was. This is the year WM truly eclipsed Starrcade as the absolute biggest pro wresting show nationwide, bar none and the highlight of the decade of national expansion for Vince McMahon.

2.) Austin-Rock II: A sequel that was better than the original, the two biggest stars of WWE's most successful era since the height of HulkaMania and Rock & Wrestling 15 years earlier, a terrific, evenly fought, match that mixed technical wrestling, high spots, near falls, crazy brawling, and one of the biggest swerves/heel turns in wrestling history.

3.) HBK-Flair: Ric Flair's legacy in pro wrestling is bigger than anyone's on this list save for Hogan, but his WrestleMania legacy was not that big despite some excellent bouts vs Randy Savage & Undertaker. It was fitting that this match took place in Florida, a longtime NWA stronghold, and against Shawn Michaels, the proverbial "Mr WrestleMania" but also a guy who more than any other aong with Triple H based his career around copying Flair's gimmick and ring style. It was also fitting that the match won Pro Wrestling Illustrated Magazine's "Match Of The Year" making HBK & Flair the two most decaorated wrestlers in terms of wins and runner up finishes in this award category. If Flair had been a bigger part of WM earlier in his career this would have been #2

4.) Undertaker-HBK II: Great storyline, Taker's streak vs HBK's career, a tremendous match that didnt rely heavily on gimmicks, outside run ins, etc, intense from start to finish, good enough, like HBK-Flair, that you truly believed the loser might actually win even though conventional wisdom said he had no chance. Overcoming that perception in the eyes of fans and delivering a great match, that is the mark of showmanship.

5.) Brett Hart-Austin "I Quit": One of the greatest matches within this gimmick, but more importantly it ushered in the Austin Era, the first time Stone Cold really was percieved legit as true main event level star and not just the newest Johnny Come Lately. This match did for Austin what SummerSlam vs Curt Henning did for Hart, what Survivor Series 92 did for HBK, what Clash Of Champions I did for Sting. It elevated Austin to Hart's equal, and Hart at the time was "The Man" in WWE regadless of who held the title at a given time. Austin played a huge role in WWE's success going forward, elevating this match in importance

6.) Randy Savage-Ricky Steamboat: Much has been written about this match. I chose this one over Flair-Savage even though for pure entertainment and wrestling that was a better match because this match was very close in that category, plus it holds the distinction of being a true show stealer. As much as the focus of WM 3 was on Hogan vs Andre, and deservedly so, everyone remembers this match.

7.) Tag Team TLC WM 2000: High spots galore, not as important to the company or the event as some of these other bouts but it was one of the greatest Ladder Matches ever devised.

8.) Rock-Cena: Probably the last true SuperStar vs SuperStar match we will see for a long time because outside of Cena WWE currently has no SuperStar's except old veterans like Triple H & Taker. Surprisingly good bout, over 30 minutes, well paced, exceeded my expectations. Cena always delivers a good match at big shows, he deserves a place on here.

9.) Brett Hart - HBK "Iron Man" Match: Maybe their most famous match excluding Montreal, Michael's first World Title Win.

10.) Triple H-Undertaker 3: Great match, maybe the best in their trilogy, plus the ending, the "End Of An Era" gives it special meaning. That to me put it slightly ahead of Hogan-Savage from WM 5 for this final spot (two biggest WWE stars of the 80's collidng in the most famous match of their long rivalry). Also, Trips has had several top level WM matches, he deserves a spot on the list.

I'll put this into 3 categories; Biggest, Best and Favourites. Biggest, in terms of draw & the impact before or/and after the match. Best, in terms on how good the in ring action was.

Biggest

1. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant (WM III) - Put Wrestlemania on the map, nuff said.

2. Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior (WM VI) - The WWE had built up the Warrior as Hulk's equal, making this a hugely anticipated match since the moment they had their first interaction in the ring at Royal Rumble that year, and come Wrestlemania, it was a passing of the torch from Hulk to Warrior, who was supposed to take over as the new top dog of the WWF, which worked for a while.

3. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels (WM XIV) - The WWE had just come off from the Montreal Screwjob and gotten rid of Bret Hart, and Shawn was soon to leave, it was Austin's time to begin in the WWF and with his push & the publicity this got with Mike Tyson involved, this was one of the hottest build ups in the history of Mania, and once the match was over, it kickstarted the next big era in the history of wrestling, the Austin/Attitude Era.

4. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WM X7) - Somebody put it best when they said this was the modern day Warrior vs. Hogan. They already had one matchup at Mania before but the difference this time was, Rock had estabilished himself as one of the biggest babyfaces of all time & the #2 guy of the company just behind Austin, so this was on a whole new level and just full of epic proportions. The build up was awesome and the match turned out great, we saw these two go hardcore, use submissions, they pulled out stuff we've never seen them do before and they brought back old finishing moves, and of course the ending was fantastic. Never saw the Austin heel turn coming.

5. Hollywood Hogan vs. The Rock (WM X8) - The original Mr. Wrestlemania had just returned to the WWF, it was his first Wrestlemania back in 9 years and he was going up against the #2 guy of a different era. The match & the crowd reaction was just unbelievable.

6. The Rock vs. John Cena (WM 28) - The second biggest era vs. era match in the history of Wrestlemania behind Hogan vs. Rock, and what a build up these two put on with all the back & forth promos, each man one upping each other one promo after the other, holding nothing back. What was most suprising though is many expected Rock to come out the victor of the build up but it felt like Cena came out the winner, and even though he lost the match, Cena estabilished himself as one of the greatest in wrestling history. Before this match, Cena had his share of haters around the world who doubted that he deserved the push he was getting, and going up against The Rock was the ultimate test for Cena to see whether he did deserve it or not, and in the end he proved all his haters wrong, outshining one of the very best in the world on few occassions, and showed that he belonged where the WWE put him. I've seen quite a bunch of Cena haters convert to the CeNation because of how Cena did in this feud.

7. Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat (WM III) - Hailed as the greatest match in Wrestlemania history. The choreography in this one was terrific.

8. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (WM X) - Greatest opening match in the history of Wrestlemania, and I'm just guessing here but I believe this may have gotten wrestling fans to start giving a damn about opening matches. I mean I never hear people making a big deal out of other opening matches that took place before this one, so the impression I get is that this one made people start to care. I could be wrong though.

9. Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair (Wrestlemania 24) - Same reasons that FlairFan2003 put down.

10. Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior (Wrestlemania VII) - Rivals Savage vs. Steamboat for the greatest match in Wrestlemania history, and here you had two of the biggest stars in the WWF right behind Hulk Hogan, where the winner of the match would be forced to retire. You didn't know what was gonna happen, there was such a huge buzz in this one. Ended with one of those greatest feel good moments in Savage reuniting with Liz after a 2 year break up. This match was magic for both men.

Best

1. Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat (Wrestlemania III)

2. Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior (Wrestlemania VII)

3. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (Wrestlemania X)

4. Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania 25)

5. Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Wrestlemania XIII)

6. Undertaker vs. Triple H - Hell in a Cell (Wrestlemania 28)

7. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania 21)

8. Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon - Ladder Match (Wrestlemania X)

9. TLC II (Wrestlemania X7)

10. Can't decide between Flair vs. Savage (WM VIII) or Flair vs. HBK (WM 24)

Favourites (No order)

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock (I, II, and III)

2. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart (WM X)

3. Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels (WM 21)

4. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels (WM XIV)

5. Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon - Ladder Match (WM X)

6. Undertaker vs. Randy Orton (WM 21)

7. Eddie Guerrerro vs. Rey Mysterio (WM 21)

8. Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat (WM III)

9. Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior (WM VII)

10. E&C vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz - Triangle Ladder Match (WM 2000)

You explained your opinion, you did NOT explain anything of fact. Nothing was specified in terms of criteria in the OP. When a headline reads "Best 10 WrestlerMania matches of all time", people are gonna give what they felt were the BEST MATCHES OF ALL TIME. Now that could mean anything to anyone. Some people might actually think that John Cena vs The Rock was a better wrestling match than lets say Bret Hart vs Owen Hart. It's all subjective. You shouldn't spend so much time criticizing others opinions & be a little more open minded.

No I am open minded, but fact is we KNOW a true great tech match when we see it, some of you really are so stuck on it. True there's no criteria, that's why I stated both types of matches would be in it, but it's just funny to see ppl favor one style of match over BIG main event matches that sold the damn show and were some of the best matches too

Really, it's not my opinion when you look up and down the fucking thread and everyone is mentioning the same exact matches. What pisses me off with that is the person who comes in and says some bullshit like "well everyone's saying this, so just to be different..." thats stupid, if you know you'd post it too, post it, but you're gonna be different and tell me Khali vs Kane is one of the best matches of all time in WM history, yeah.

My only criteria was which matches I rememeber the most and remember being blown away by or really enjoying the match!

1.) The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels [The 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania] - A true battle of Good versus Evil! Amazing build! Just like a really good movie, I can watch this match over and over again just finding new sublties! One of the only matches I remember watching and having the pure energy of the match just running through me!

2.) No Holds Barred: The Undertaker vs. Triple H [Wrestlemania XXVII] - For the PG era, a true KNOCK DOWN, DRAG OUT, FIGHT! The most personal I ever felt with HHH/Taker. They used ring steps, tables, sledgehammers, AND the Cole Mine! CLASSIC! This just felt like the true, hold nothing back, HHH & Taker one on one.

3.) Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock [Wrestlemania XIX] - To each his own I quess, but how doesn't everyone think this is their best fight ever?!?! You can feel the emotion in this match! And the classic stealing of apparel & finishers! Notice that ever since then WWE only whips that out on special occasions?!

4.) Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle [Wrestlemania XIX] - Athletic, Powerful, Wrestling at it's finnest! A true wrestling match! And if you are over the age of 13 and don't remember Brock's shooting star press, you better have amnesia.

5.) Submission Match: Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin [Wrestlemania 13] - A Pure classic, with possibly the most notable ending to a match in WWE history!

6.) CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho [Wrestlemania XXVIII] - I can't believe how many people were down on this match & program. I thought their whole feud was AWESOME and I thought this match was EASILY match of the night! A great combination of acting, emotional investment, intrgue, and story-telling! Not to mention GREAT technical wrestling mixed with some GREAT brawling, slightly hardcore spots, and sports entertainment!

7.) Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels [Wrestlemania XXI] - Another pure classic w/Kurt! This was just a roller coaster of a match!

8.) Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho [Wrestlemania XIX] - Great personal build and good match! The ending was a little weak and I wish they got even more time but was still a great match!

9.) Iron Man Match: Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. Shawn Michaels [Wrestlemania XII] - A For such a long match HBK & Bret kept my attention and kept me on the edge of my seat almost the whole time!

10.) Ladder Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon [Wrestlemania X] - The first true taste at ladder matches!

Honorable Mention:
Benoit v HHH v HBK [Mania XX]
Triangle Ladder & TLC II
Bret v Owen [Mania X]
Steamboat v Savage [Mania 3]
Y2J v Edge [Mania XXVI]
HBK/Taker II [Mania XXVI]
Orton v Punk [Mania XXVII]
HHH/Taker I & III
HHH v Jericho [Mania XVIII]
HBK v SCSA [Mania XIV]
Orton v Taker [Mania 21]

U mad? Hehehe

Some people fail to realize that it's not all about technical wrestling. If tech wrestling was that important, dean melenko would've never been out of a WM mainevent.

I never said that it was about great technical wrestling. I just put what i thought were the best matches. Like if i had to rank how good the match was these would be on top. Thats why michaels vs flair is on here, it had great emotion even though it wasn't the most technically amazing match.

I mean if this said the biggest or biggest draw then of coarse i would change my mind, but its as simple as what matches are better, and im sorry if the rock vs cena wasn't good enough to even make my top 50 list. I just wasn't enetertained by it that much, it was just a slow bullshit match with a has been. And yes in the ring the rock is a shell of his former self, which he wasn't that great of a worker before anyhow.

10) Shawn Michaels vs Steve Austin WM14: This match defined the attitude era
9) Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat WM3: Top IC match of the 80s
8) Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker WM25. Great all around match, saved that WM
7) Ric Flair vs Randy Savage WM8: Had it all, quality match, emotion, solid build
6) ShawnMichaels vs Kurt Angle WM21: Best technical match in WM history
5) Steve Austin vs Bret Hart WM13: Best double turn in history
4) Steve Austin vs Rock WMX7: Built perfectly and I couldnt see either guy losing
3) Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart WM12: Built well with Shawns story to become champion. The match was amazing
2) Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon WMX: Stole the show, helped redefine pro wrestling
1) Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior WM6: The 2 biggest faces meeting in the first ever face/face main event in the first ever wwf/ic title unification matchs. Maybe the best match of Warrior and Hogan (in America)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back