Beavis & Butthead are back!

LoudClearVoice

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Last year it was confirmed by MTV that Beavis and Butthead will return to television.

Yesterday at the Comic Convention in San Diego, Mike Judge answered some questions and announced that the two juvenile delinquents will return this October.

He also showed this clip of one of the new episodes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2a9ueWxEz0

Apparently, instead of watching music videos, they will watch amateur youtube videos, Jersey Shore, MMA fights, other MTV shows. They will still be the same age as when the show ended 14 years ago.

YES!

I'm disappointed another movie wasn't made since 'Do America'; and it's been a long wait for another series, but judging by that link, it's gonna be as funny as ever! :D

I think it was about a year ago when I first read that Beavis & Butthead was coming back. After not hearing about it for a long ass time I started to think it wasn't coming back and had been scrapped, but after seeing this I am fucking PUMPED. That clip was hilarious and leads me to believe that a modernized version of Beavis & Butthead is just what this world needs right now. Nobody says it like it is anymore, but they will.

I can't wait to see the commentary, which is always the best part. This is going to rule.

You know I was a bit skeptical at first about this. I mean Beavis & Butthead are such a part of the 90s and were so heavily tied into that decade that it would seem impossible to bring them back now and still have them be relevant because of how times change. But after seeing that clip, I've got some faith restored, and I'm fucking pumped just like Nate is. Beavis & Butthead was a part of the holy trinity of cartoons to me and my friends back in the 90s alongside the Simpsons and South Park. My buddy and I still throw on the DVDs all the time and watch them and we never get tired of them, so I can't wait to see this new season. Watching that clip, it gives me hope that Beavis & Butthead's jaded 90s nihilistic slacker commentary could be more relevant than ever for modern MTV reality shows and shit. I was a bit bummed that it's not going to be full of music videos anymore, but it does make sense considering how music videos have become less and less relevant over the years to the point where MTV doesn't even fucking play them anymore. I'm curious how the YouTube videos part is going to work, I could never imagine Beavis and Butthead on the internet man.

I'm really excited for this. I was skeptical, but after seeing that clip, I'm looking forward to it big time. Mike Judge rules, and I'll be ecstatic to have my old buddies Beavis & Butthead back on TV again.

Great clip and I'm excited about the return too. It is hard to imagine Beavis and Butthead in the internet age. It will be different to see them rag on reality shows and youtube clips, but it will also be pretty funny. I just hope we get to see the old cast of characters back like Buzzcut, Mr. VanDrissen, Stewart, Daria, Principal McVicker, Todd, and of course my favorite Tom Anderson. My favorite episodes were of Beavis and Butthead creating havoc for poor Tom Anderson. Washing his dog and painting his cat's butt.

Now all we need from MTV is some Liquid Television and music videos and my life will be complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back