Batman-Smallville 2.0

wrestlingfan

Championship Contender
We all know the show Smallville that tells the origins of Clark Kent who later becomes Superman on the last episode when he goes to work on the Daily Planet, But what if there was a Batman version of Smallville, or do you think it would be good for the produers of Smallville to make one? I think the show should be called Nightlife to show the crime in Gotham and obviously the first episode should show be a 1 hour special showing Bruce's life as a child leading up to the murder of his parents, then the next episodes, should then show Bruce traveling the wolrd, learning martial arts, going to school, meeting other super-heroes, which he started at Age 14 (so a good 7 years until he finally becomes Batman at Age 20) until finally the series concludes in a 1 hour special where Batman finally returns to Gotham in where he then sits in his manor and sees the bat, and finally chooses to don the costume with the scene ending with him standing on a rooftop to patrol the city

What do you think? Would this be a good show, if there isn't a sequel to Smallville?

It could work, but it would take a lot of talent and care. Batman is probably the darkest superhero, and his origins aren't pretty. They won't get away with the same light, over-used Tom Welling character that portrayed Smallville's Clark Kent. I'm not sure a network like WGN or ABC is capable of pulling off something as dark as Batman.

A Showtime series on Batman would be wonderful.

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3350276 said:
It could work, but it would take a lot of talent and care. Batman is probably the darkest superhero, and his origins aren't pretty. They won't get away with the same light, over-used Tom Welling character that portrayed Smallville's Clark Kent. I'm not sure a network like WGN or ABC is capable of pulling off something as dark as Batman.

A Showtime series on Batman would be wonderful.

ShowTime would work out but that dark character thing is an excuse, I've seen episodes of General Hospital and some of them aren't pretty, I don't see how Batman would be that big of a stretch.

I think the producers of Smallville originally were going to do this but since Batman Begins was being worked on they ditched it. Now that next summer the movie series will be coming to a close this would be an alright idea. Maybe Knightlife instead though, showing how Bruce becomes the dark knight. But keep the actual childhood of Bruce in the first episode less than half the show because you need to make time to establish the stars of the show too, which obviously wouldn't be an 8 year old. I'd watch a show about and up and coming Batman.

I think the another show instead of small ville is a great ides. Although making the movie series is good, But smallville watching as a Tv show is a great Pleasure.

I think the producers of Smallville originally were going to do this but since Batman Begins was being worked on they ditched it. Now that next summer the movie series will be coming to a close this would be an alright idea. Maybe Knightlife instead though, showing how Bruce becomes the dark knight. But keep the actual childhood of Bruce in the first episode less than half the show because you need to make time to establish the stars of the show too, which obviously wouldn't be an 8 year old. I'd watch a show about and up and coming Batman.

He started out as an 8 year old but spent 10-12 years travelling the world starting at Age 13, Again we've seen so many Batman movies, that we NEED, to see more of his childhood, and how exactly he became Batman.

He started out as an 8 year old but spent 10-12 years travelling the world starting at Age 13, Again we've seen so many Batman movies, that we NEED, to see more of his childhood, and how exactly he became Batman.

How about this, 8 years old and his parents shot yadda yadda, then he gets into the 13-15 age where they start the idea of the show of him traveling around the world. Preferably 15 because that's how old Clark was in Season 1 of SV and that worked pretty well anything younger would be a little ridiculous to believe to travel around there world by themselves. It would be better showing the teenage years instead of the childhood. Bruce doesn't even become Batman until about his mid 20s so there is a good 8-11 seasons to work with.
So get a 2 hour premier, which is actually the first 2 episodes. Make about the first quarter of the first episode of the night his parents died with narration by the older Bruce and having it end with him vowing to fight crime while kneeling by his parents' bodies. Then use the rest of the show as a way to introduce the main characters while he tries to solve a crime through newspapers and going into bars and such. Have him confront the criminal and they have a fight and Bruce barely wins and gets away before police arrives and tells Alfred he'll be leaving to train at the end of the episode. Part 2 would be Bruce traveling and learning to fight and investigate, which most episodes would be about and this episode would be to get the viewer used to how the series will run.

How about this, 8 years old and his parents shot yadda yadda, then he gets into the 13-15 age where they start the idea of the show of him traveling around the world. Preferably 15 because that's how old Clark was in Season 1 of SV and that worked pretty well anything younger would be a little ridiculous to believe to travel around there world by themselves. It would be better showing the teenage years instead of the childhood. Bruce doesn't even become Batman until about his mid 20s so there is a good 8-11 seasons to work with.
So get a 2 hour premier, which is actually the first 2 episodes. Make about the first quarter of the first episode of the night his parents died with narration by the older Bruce and having it end with him vowing to fight crime while kneeling by his parents' bodies. Then use the rest of the show as a way to introduce the main characters while he tries to solve a crime through newspapers and going into bars and such. Have him confront the criminal and they have a fight and Bruce barely wins and gets away before police arrives and tells Alfred he'll be leaving to train at the end of the episode. Part 2 would be Bruce traveling and learning to fight and investigate, which most episodes would be about and this episode would be to get the viewer used to how the series will run.

This is a good idea but like I said before, Bruce isn't going to be solving any crimes at Age 13-15, at least not the way you described it. I do like the idea of him narrating the show in the background.

I for one would be much more interested in how the joker came to be.

I mean we all know batman's orgin story, but little is known about the joker.
They could go with the whole killing joke storyline like they always do.

This is a good idea but like I said before, Bruce isn't going to be solving any crimes at Age 13-15, at least not the way you described it. I do like the idea of him narrating the show in the background.

Well it's just an idea, maybe every episode have him solve a small crime and confront the crimanal using the fighting style he learned that episode.

I for one would be much more interested in how the joker came to be.

I mean we all know batman's orgin story, but little is known about the joker.
They could go with the whole killing joke storyline like they always do.

Or if they go with a dual storyline, show Bruce becoming Batman and Jack Napier turn into the Joker. Would be especially cool if they made it line up with the 1989 Batman movie.

I like the idea of a young Bruce Wayne as he turns himself into the symbol of justice that he comes to be for Gotham but 15 years old is too young I think.

A little bit older is the best way to go because I don't see this following the same formula as Smallville. It will be completely different, it isn't just about someone comming to terms with powers and using them to help people like his parents taught him. It is more about a journey of changing ones self.

I could see a whole season spent on him training in various forms of martial arts and philosophy. I could see another season where he learns escapism and gymnastic like moves with a traveling circus or something similar to The Cape's first episode. I could see another on how he started to learn his detective skills and how he honed them. Then move onto a season having him meet Ra's al Ghul and bring the League of Shadows/Assassins into the show and thats where he finds purpose for his rage and anger. Yeah its a little like Batman Begins but it could be done differently where in Bruce actually goes on mission with the league and not just trains with them before being confronted by his morality. The last season or maybe two depending how successful the series is could be based on him coming back to Gotham and establishing the contacts, forging the materials and setting up shop so the last episode you finally see him as the bat.

That's how I would see a series about Bruce Wayne becoming Batman as being successful. He doesn't have to be solving crimes straight up, let him hone his skills then move onto that, which follows into his time with the League then once he knows what needs to be done him doing everything he needs to forge his legacy as the bat... does that make sense?

I like the idea of a young Bruce Wayne as he turns himself into the symbol of justice that he comes to be for Gotham but 15 years old is too young I think.

A little bit older is the best way to go because I don't see this following the same formula as Smallville. It will be completely different, it isn't just about someone comming to terms with powers and using them to help people like his parents taught him. It is more about a journey of changing ones self.

I could see a whole season spent on him training in various forms of martial arts and philosophy. I could see another season where he learns escapism and gymnastic like moves with a traveling circus or something similar to The Cape's first episode. I could see another on how he started to learn his detective skills and how he honed them. Then move onto a season having him meet Ra's al Ghul and bring the League of Shadows/Assassins into the show and thats where he finds purpose for his rage and anger. Yeah its a little like Batman Begins but it could be done differently where in Bruce actually goes on mission with the league and not just trains with them before being confronted by his morality. The last season or maybe two depending how successful the series is could be based on him coming back to Gotham and establishing the contacts, forging the materials and setting up shop so the last episode you finally see him as the bat.

That's how I would see a series about Bruce Wayne becoming Batman as being successful. He doesn't have to be solving crimes straight up, let him hone his skills then move onto that, which follows into his time with the League then once he knows what needs to be done him doing everything he needs to forge his legacy as the bat... does that make sense?

It makes sense but again I did intend for it follow a bit of the format of Smallville, Again I like your idea, It's well thought out but I want people to see more of the younger Bruce Wayne, They need to come to terms with him so they can get to know Batman.

Well it's just an idea, maybe every episode have him solve a small crime and confront the crimanal using the fighting style he learned that episode.

Or if they go with a dual storyline, show Bruce becoming Batman and Jack Napier turn into the Joker. Would be especially cool if they made it line up with the 1989 Batman movie.

I do think they can explore Joker's origins in the show, and your first idea sounds good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back