Batista/Ultimate Warrior

God could u actually see a Warrior/Batista match?

Warrior shakes the rope.

Batista Shakes the rope.

Warrior pounds his Chest.

Batista Flexes.

Wow, both men went for the shoulder block and neither sold....

I think it would be kinda cool, honestly. I think it would beat Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar. Now that was a let-down, although I actually kinda enjoyed that one too just because Stone Cold stunned both of those bastards afterwards, and it just seemed like he was doing it because he knew they put on a horrible match.

damn what a double main event that would be. Warrior/Batisat followed by Lesnar/Goldberg II. I think in fairness to Brock, he really let the crowd get to him that matchup. If that was your last match, I don't know how I would act, especially put in there with a solid piece of wood like Goldberg. Lesnar proved he can wrestle, but that performance was just PPP (Piss Poor Pathetic). Oh well, what a dream ppv double main event. Maybe we can have a mixed tag match.

Oh God don't even say that! Yea I really didn't like Warrior but he did have a few solid matches, Brock really could wrestle but he did not really love the business enough, I guess he may have felt like he could be a bigger star doing something 'real'. Goldberg sucked but you can't deny that he was a big star, and big Batista is okay for now, but I don't think he's in the league or has the star power of Warrior, Goldberg or Brock.

The Ultimate Warrior was great. He was completely original and was one of those characters that will never be forgotten as long as wrestling is still around. That alone makes Warrior far superior than Batista. 10 years after Batista retires only people like us will remember him. Warrior hasn't wrestled since his last stint in WCW and people still want ot see him. Plus he could still move a bunch of merchandise. Also Warrior could hold up his end of a match as long as he had someone good on the other side. Batista couldn't have an Ultimate Warrior caliber match on his best day.

damn what a double main event that would be. Warrior/Batisat followed by Lesnar/Goldberg II. I think in fairness to Brock, he really let the crowd get to him that matchup. If that was your last match, I don't know how I would act, especially put in there with a solid piece of wood like Goldberg. Lesnar proved he can wrestle, but that performance was just PPP (Piss Poor Pathetic). Oh well, what a dream ppv double main event. Maybe we can have a mixed tag match.

I don't know about a mixed tag match because that would require some sex changes but a tag match that had Batista / Goldberg on one side and Warrior / Lesnar would beone I would pay to see. Not for how good it would be but for how excessively bad it would be. Oh man. The shittyness I'm imagining right now.

Hahaha. 4 way shoulder blocks with no sell.

I hated Warrior (die-hard Hulkamaniac), but damn if he didn't have the gimmick, you can't fault him for that. Warrior and Batista actually have showed up to play when they want to...I know you have to credit the Rick Rudes and Triple H's for that, but it still takes two to tango. I actually enjoyed the Batista-Undertaker match at Mania.

Did you ever see a Ric Rude-Ultimate Warrior match. Rude was killing himself to make the guy look good.

Yea you are definitely right about that...Rude did a good job making Warrior look good definitely in the cage match, that was a good match. Warrior just had absolutely no in-ring logic sometimes, but other times he showed some signs that he could actually put on a good match. Maybe those bands around his arms were too tight.

batista is gonna be the wwe wold camp go bastista edge not need it bastist will be next wold camp ggoo batista :shooter: that is edge batista that shout him lol

batista is gonna be the wwe wold camp go bastista edge not need it bastist will be next wold camp ggoo batista :shooter: that is edge batista that shout him lol

What the??? I think the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior has gotten in to you.

what the fuck did you just say I can't understand one word that you typed, I'm glad that they banned you because post like that add nothing to the board, you sound like a drunken cave man with that post

as for Batista and Warroir, I think they both suck but I do remember a time when Warrior actully gave a little entertaiment, at least he could cut a promo, even if you couldn't understand what the fuck he was talking about half the time, it was still entertaining

As for Batista he is to damn slow, and Warrior he's is a terrible wrestler and wrestling kept trying to put him over. Batista is to slow!!

Batista needs to go back to his character that was more like Ric Flair and triple H in style. The way he is playing it now, comes across as stuck up. Warrior just sucks in general, plus the dude is psycho. i think he has bi-polar or something, and is off his meds. what a freak.

Warrior was a just awful wrestler, but so was Hogan. If professional wrestling was just about being a good technical wrestler, then Bret Hart would have been the champion for five years or whatever instead of Hogan, but because the warrior could talk on a microphone and had so much damn energy to hype up the matches what happened during the matches didnt matter. Everyone just wanted to see the end and thats what the liked. They enjoyed the beginning and the end of his matches and thats why he was great. Batista on the other hand just comes in does whatever then a spine buster and the power bomb. He cant hype before the match and after and his matches just plain out suck. Comparing Batista to the Ultimate Warrior is a compliment in my opinion.

While I agree with you lbm5007, come on now---Ultimate Warrior was good on the mic?

The dude was one of the WORST guys to ever open his mouth in wrestling history, his promos were always nonsensical gibberish about the stars and the moons and the Gilbrak System or whatever.

Check out the Talk like Warrior thread in the Bar Room to see what I mean... :D

Yea I have checked that out, and what I meant by good on the mic was that he was so intense even though he didnt really make sense when he talked he was still entertaining, which is much more that Batista has ever done.

Heh heh, well, Warrior was an excellent mic worker for who his character was targeted at, ie kids.

I mean, he was one of my favorites growing up, so I know it worked on me. There's a good video over in the wrestling video thread, somewhere, I believe its from the Warrior DVD WWE put out? I watched that and remembered that was what they were like, but I sure as hell didn't remember it sounding so insane as a kid. So I think Warrior was, perhaps unintentionally, speaking some strange form of english that was incomprehensible for all purposes but to make 10 year old boys want to see 4 or 5 clotheslines in a row.

On topic, at least Warrior did serve /some/ kind of demographic . . .

The Warrior wasn't bad on the mic to me for this gimmick, I don't think I would have like to hear him speak any other way. I laugh at it now but back then I loved it!! Batista uummm no, I've never understood why fans liked him. His matches was boring to me after he stop feuding with Triple H and I hate to hear him talk too. Warrior might be silly now but he was one of a kind hahaha and you remember him too. Let's see if our kids and grand kids remember Batista

Batista is the new Ultimate Warrior..

I mean for example when Batista does his maching gun entrance.. That is just like Warrior running to the ring and shaking the ropes like he is having a grandma seziure. Plus there move set is nothing but powemoves, the only submission they have is a bear hug.. I mean God forbid someone put an armbar or half crab on...

Plus they both don't have much of a passion of the industry they are in it for the money and fame... So in closing they both disgust me

Look,even Dave admitted he got the whole rope-shaking thing from Warrior,that's why it got such a huge pop the first time round at WM21.And face,what wrestler hasnt ripped of something from a former generation of wrestlers.Even HHH& HBK have been ripping Flair,Arn Anderson & Ventura,but noone calls them unoriginal.
I think people are going overboard with their criticism of Dave's mic-work.Dave does do the whole "colorful" kind of promo like maybe the Rock or Austin.He's got a more chilled approach.I'd rather he him do regular promos than to attempt a botched Rock promo like Cena's been doing.

I personally am not a fan of the Ultimate Warrior..I didn't like him many years ago..I don't like him now..he was sloppy in the ring..and incoherent on the mic..however I do own the "self-destruction" DVD, and I've watched it over and over again..it's very good..quite entetaining..As far as Batista is concerned..being a female..I LOVE how Batista looks in a suit!..No one wears one better..that alone makes me his fan..I'm glad he didn't beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania though..

Anyway, I honnestly think that Batista is making some progress. His last match friday against Edge was very good, and he tried some new moves. Of course he's not really "gifted", but with Flair's help, I'm pretty sure he'll be much better. Let's give the guy his chance. And my kid LOVES him!!!!! hehehehehehee

Batista is only anything because of his size. We all know that. As far as the Warrior goes, he got his start for the same way but actually was able to act on his gimmick. Batista doesnt have a gimmick and he still can't entertain anyone by talking. That's pretty sad. Only thing i like Batista for is using his music for one of my main CAW's in the video games =)

Batista has the mic skills of a goldfish. he'll never be able to cut a promo like the Ultimate Warrior. But let's face it: the way Warrior cut promos is over. You'll never see such an outrageous display of character on WWE TV again. McMahon thinks that it makes the business look cheesy. Just go back and watch some of the Warrior's promos and you'll understand. The guy was way too pumped up about it, even more than Hogan. It had to do with the Roids. The only reason why this Batista/Warrior thing is coming up is because Batista shakes the ropes a little bit, which takes no strength at all. I would like to think that Batista would have a little more self-respect than to copy another wrestler's in-ring gimmick thing. What's next? Will MVP start doing the People's Eyebrow?

warrior or big dave? come on are you kiding me? the names say it all!! warrior was and is a legend, ok he was onlt an average wrestler but the character he built up was imense. big dave what can he do?? i dont think hes ever had a good match or promo!

warrior wins it easy for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back