• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batista and his new Metro look

Via Armbar

Has a pretty good dick.
MODERATOR COMMENTS (Lord Sidious)​

A word to the wise. Tread very carefully when posting in this thread to avoid prejudicial or stereotypical comments. Doing so will result in warnings, infractions, and possible bannings depending on the degree involved.

Make sure that you phrase your comments appropriately before hitting the submit button as this will be strictly enforced.

Is it just me or is Batista REALLY changing up his look lately. He is wearing bright colors like pink and purple and wearing those paperboy hats and polo/vest combinations. I would use the term ''metro'' to describe his attire. It's a little flamboyant, or at least in contrast to what he used to wear. He has also gotten a subtle nose stud put in. Most of these changes have come after his heel turn a couple of months ago.

Do you think this is a decision made by Batista and creative to draw more heat and establish a new character for him? Or is it just a change of wardrobe and nothing more to it? Can someones attire effect the amount of heat the draw whether it be a change to clothes more ''street' oriented or maybe a new set of suites, ala Jericho?

Batista has been a sharp dresser since his days of Evolution, and I've read numerous reports in the past that one of the main reasons he is still wrestling is because he likes to spend money like crazy. Yeah, he has become more flamboyant with the type of clothes he wears because prior to his heel turn he usually wore suites or same type of clothes he wears now, just not as flashy. I think this is just Batista changing things up as far his look goes, and I don't think there's really anything else to it.

Jericho gets heat because he likes to boast about how superior he is to everyone else, and him wearing a suite helps add to his ego. I don't think the attire a wrestler wears helps them get heat. Take CM Punk for example. He looks a psycho, and gets tons of heat because of what his character represents, and what he says on the mic. Depending on what type of heel a wrestler is, what they wear can help pull their look together, but I don't think it helps them in getting heat.

Maybe Batista's playing to wrestling fans general homophobia by dressing more flambouyantly, yet another fine heel tactic from the great man himself.

It may be a sort of subconscious thing. People are more likely to remember you if you look different from the norm, and many people have latent homophobia, so Batista could be trying to stand out while playing on emotions beneath the crowd's psyche.

Or, he could have just stopped at a shop and felt like changing up his attire.

Batista's new looks actually looks good on him, all retro. And the animal has always looked sharp. To me his look really doesn't give him any heat as a heel. He is just a big as monster on steroids that likes to feud with weak or old or small wrestlers, kind of what Y2J did last year. Sorry for getting out of topic.

I think it does set him apart from the jeans and tank top guys. I never really cared for Dave so I haven't really been paying attention to it too much but I have noticed it and I think that was the goal so way to go Mr. Batista you at least got me to notice you. I don't think it has anything to do with the "apparant" homophobia of wrestling fas (for god sakes it's oiled up dudes in speedos hugging each other) but more to get people to look at him and think that he reminds them of the high school football quarterback that dressed "prep" got all the girls and was a total jackass. That's my oppinion anyway.

I think that they are just trying to mess around with new ways for him to look, to get his heel turn over more with the crowd. I think that a lot of the time, when superstars turn, it's very important for creative to either come up with new music, or a new warddrobe, to show the fans that they are not the same people they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back