Bands/Artists who you like literally all albums by?

The Beatles never produced a bad album, in my opinion. But it's already been said, so I won't go into it. Dream Theater is another that I don't think I've heard anything bad from.

For the last few years my favorite band has been MewithoutYou. They're a spoken-word rock band with influences in folk. I'm not sure that's an appropriate description of them...but you're pretty much going to know right away if they're your thing or not. All five of their albums show obvious maturity and progression, which is always fun. They're never the same, but they maintain enough to keep fans coming back every time.

Here is "Bullet to Binary" off their debut album "A B Life" from 2002. It's much heavier, with some metal influences. This album isn't my favorite, but they just progressed so well after that it's hard to come back. I still do like it, and it's quite good, in my opinion.
[YOUTUBE]u_uwgRzlrNc[/YOUTUBE]

And this is "Torches Together" and "Son of a Widow" from their 2nd album "Catch for Us the Foxes" in 2004. Great album. Production quality was crisp, the lyrics are phenomenal and it set the stage for my personal favorite album ever.
[YOUTUBE]7LFI0dGe1tc[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]WrKCQi8J8EQ[/YOUTUBE]

"Brother, Sister" is flawless. It's my favorite album, and I find new layers to their extremely meaningful lyrics on every listen-through. The following is "O, Porcupine" and deals with the lead singer's struggle to find truth, his relationship with God and...so much more. Also attached is "In a Sweater Poorly Knit" which is one of my personal favorite songs, and what they close almost all of their shows with.
[YOUTUBE]A8VizD1xcuk[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]o4g-3WRXIts[/YOUTUBE]

"It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's Alright" is where they started to pick up some serious folk influence. You can hear Fleet Foxes and the Decemberists in a lot of the album. Here's "The Angel of Death Came to David's Room":
[YOUTUBE]ff92TxuOcpM[/YOUTUBE]

"Ten Stories" just came out about a month ago, and they really took all the styles from over the years, and put them into one album. It's a perfect compilation of what they've always been, and it's somehow totally new and completely refreshing. First up is "All Circles" which got a bit of mainstream attention because Hayley Williams from Paramore is featured on the final track. Next is the other Hayley song, "Fox's Dream of a Log Flume". This song sounds SO much like "Catch for Us the Foxes."
[YOUTUBE]ABbde25BtMs[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]WNPJix7I0sw[/YOUTUBE]

Nirvana. They haven't done anything that I don't like. That's counting the three studio albums, the b sides album, the two live ones and the with the lights out box set.

They are really the only band I can think of that I have liked everything I have heard.

There are bands like The Smashing Pumpkins and Blink 182 that I own everything by but some of the cds only have certain songs I like.

A band that hasn't made a bad album? For me, that's Metallica. 11 solo albums, all of them amazing. Even the three "Black Sheep": Load, ReLoad, and St. Anger were good. Their new EP was amazing, and every album they made was, and still is, a great listen.

A band that hasn't made a bad album? For me, that's Metallica. 11 solo albums, all of them amazing. Even the three "Black Sheep": Load, ReLoad, and St. Anger were good. Their new EP was amazing, and every album they made was, and still is, a great listen.

That's counting Garage Inc. and S&M, right?

Agreeing with MMSoldier, I was able to find something to like about every Metallica album. Another band for me would have to be Tool. Even though they only have four albums, each one is awesome to me. I'm pretty sure that there are more, but those two are what I've got off the top of my head.

So far for me I would say Asking Alexandria. Have enjoyed all their CD's so far. They have at least 2 great songs on each CD, The rest is good but not great.

While they have only made 2 albums (a 3rd is in the process of being written after they reunited), I would have to say The Stone Roses

Their 1st, self-titled album is regularly held up as one of the greatest albums ever made by the UK music press. From the first song "I Wanna Be Adored" as the band set out with a statement of how they want to be remembered, to the last track, the epic "I Am The Resurrection", the album is a masterpiece. Tracks such as "Waterfall", "Made Of Stone" and "This Is The One" are true classics.

Their second album "The Second Coming" was not as well received and they were criticised for changing their style but the album is still packed with great songs. In fact, "Love Spreads", "Breaking Into Heaven" and "Driving South" are as good as, if not better than several of the 1st albums tracks.

With the standard being set so high from their debut, The Roses were always going to disappoint critics with their second album. Had "The Second Coming" been made by pretty much any other band without having something so good to live up to, it would have been universally loved. However, just like Oasis's "Be Here Now" being slagged off as it wasn't as good as "Definitely Maybe" or "(What's The Story?) Morning Glory", The Roses' second release is an underrated gem.

I think its still a great album, and cannot wait to see what Ian, Mani, John and Reni come up with for their first new album in 15 years. The fact their reunion gigs sold over 150,000 tickets in an hour shows the expectation people still have for them, so lets hope they can live up to it this time.

For me its a few old school bands in the mix liked Led Zeppelin - a couple of the later works were a little weak but I still liked them and Black Sabbath - Granted some of thier more obscure works with singers other then Ozzy and Dio didn't garner the respect of many but I always loved Iommi and Geezers combination. Rush- has always been one of my favorite bands and their isnt an album of thiers I haven't appreciated. ( I have seen them live six times and they are one of the most solid bands to ever take the stage.) I have a lot of respect for the Foo Fighters - Every album I have heard from them has been good. One honorable mention that is sort of cheating since I have never heard her first album but I own every one after is Pink - I seriously misread her as just a pop star but after her "Fun House "album grabed my attention I went back and picked up her other albums and discovered the girl rocks hard and has a great voice!

My favorite band is Muse and I like every single song on every album. They have & total albums including a live one. They are.

Absolution
Black Holes & Revelations
H.A.A.R.P (live from Wembley Stadium)
Origin of Symmetry
The Resistance
Showbiz
The 2nd Law

I started listening to them around 2006 and haven't looked back since. They are one of the best live bands I have ever seen, and have yet to make a bad album imo.

Is it fair to pick a band with only two albums?
I didn't mention them above but if it counts then I want to add The Libertines. I like every song off the two albums and the eps I have.
It's really a shame they have had so many issues because I think they could have been bigger over here in the U.S.

Nickelback, hands down. Silver Side Up, For All The Wrong Reasons...they are up there with Sgt Peppers, Nevermind etc. Absolute classics from Nickelback.

Avenged Sevenfold. Easily my favorite band. Demon Hunter is pretty good too. As far as Rap/Hip Hop goes, Eminem

Everything by Nirvana. I own it all - some of it twice. It's all good, even the bootlegs.

and the only other band is Fuel. They have three E.Ps and four albums and are in the process of putting out a fifth after their original lead singer recruited a new group of guys to perform with him. Even the record they did with their 'new' singer was great. They used some of those tracks for Ric Flair's sendoff... Great band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back