• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Band you stopped liking

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
So there's a band you like and you're really into them, you'd class yourself as a fan buying their music and listening to it nonstop. At some point down the road however you stop listening to them for some reason, you might have grown out of that music in particular, the style of the music may be different to what you liked, you may feel the members have become douches, whatever the reason you've stopped listening to them only listening to them on the radio or at a friends house.

So what was that band for you??? Which band did you really like and then stopped listening to???

Mine would have to be Linkin Park. I really liked them when I was younger, but then I started listening to other music (older stuff moreso) and when I went back to Linkin Park they sounded very mediocre in comparison and I found most of the songs had the same angst vibe all the time and I just got bored of it.

AC/DC. I cannot for the life of me listen to them anymore. I used to enjoy them quiet a bit when I was younger but now a days I want to puncture my ear drums whenever a song of their comes on the radio. Of course I don't but still I think you get my point. I think I just got to the point where I heard them so often that I couldn't take it anymore or maybe it was that Angus Young's voice just annoys the piss out of me.

AC/DC. I cannot for the life of me listen to them anymore. I used to enjoy them quiet a bit when I was younger but now a days I want to puncture my ear drums whenever a song of their comes on the radio. Of course I don't but still I think you get my point. I think I just got to the point where I heard them so often that I couldn't take it anymore or maybe it was that Angus Young's voice just annoys the piss out of me.

Hrm, I believe Angus Young is the lead guitarist and not the singer aka Bon Scott or later Brian Johnson. Does he do back-up vocals that you dislike?
Anyways, always like them always will. Some of my fondest memories are blasting their Back in Black album all summer long (on cassette mind you) while cruising in my car w/ friends.

Your probably right and that actually sounds correct now that I think back on AC/DC. Now that I think about it it is definitely Brian Johnson who I am not a fan of and not Angus Young. I am still no fan and haven't been for years. I respect everything they have done and accomplished in the music industry but I just cannot get into them anymore. Thanks for the correction.

Fall Out Boy

The main reason for this was because the broke up in early 2010. Now that I look back, it was probably a smart decision. For one, I was able to realize the greatness of other bands like Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, and Sick Puppies. Another reason, is that looking back, I wont have to listen to Patrick Stump's extremely high voice agai, thats probably a good thing because their newer songs before they broke up were just brutal. Now that I dont listen to Fall Out Boy, I have turned my attention to liking Shinedown a lot. In just a few short months, I was hooked on them. Now, I have a lot of their songs from various CD's.

AFI.

Got progressively and progressively gayer with sound as each new album was released, and the album titles began to follow along the same overly emotional path.

Über Punk

• Answer That and Stay Fashionable (1995)
• Very Proud of Ya (1996)
• Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes (1997)

Getting Emo

• Black Sails in the Sunset (1999)
• The Art of Drowning (2000)
• Sing the Sorrow (2003)

Beyond Emo – Now Ultra Hipster To Boot

• Decemberunderground (2006)
• Crash Love (2009)

--

Next in line? Rainbows & Unicorns, 2011.

let's see, i have a lot of bands that i've stoppped liking, but i think the main one would probably be nickelback. when i was younger, they were my very favorite band. i knew every song, and probably every word to the songs. now i can't stand to listen to them. for some reason, every time i hear them, i change the radio station, or skip the song. maybe i listened to them too much as a kid, or something like that, but now i just can't get myself to listen to nickelback.

I have a couple of bands

definatley for sure fallout boy, I went to a show at a bar in downtown pittsburgh where they had about fifty people there, and then I went to warped tour in 05 and there was like 40,000 people there to see them I was a fan from the beginning but that album infinity on high was a peice of shot with a terrible new sound and don't even get me started on folie a deu that was the biggest peice of fucking shit ever.

Eminem I kno isn't a band but his new shit from relapse and the new one recovery is so different from the classics he used to put out, I hate that new pop sound he putting out it's fucking garbage.

There's also linkin park, but that was pretty well destined earlier

O yea and stinger, imo I always thought that patrick stump was an excellent singer he was the biggest reason I was a fan in the first place. I hope he gets with some other band sumtime soon

The first band to pop in my head reading this thread is Smash Mouth. I dug their music as a preteen with such an anthem like "Walkin' On The Sun" and was 50/50 with everything else they dished out prior to their Disney facade. That's right I'm calling it a facade because their music literally changed from edgy to kid bop. I do not like "All-Star" or "I'm A Believer", and I absolutely despise their Disney cover of "Just Like You" from The Jungle Book. If anything I consider them sellouts and overrated, but of course this is a matter of opinion.

Another band that I was really into was Run DMC, but this was just me going from liking them to meh they're okay. Kind of grew out of them a bit because I was little when I was first rocking out to them. Still think they're cool, but I'm just not a mark for "Tricky" after the 523rd time.

Limp Bizkit for me. I used to love them, but as I got older I began to see how childish their lyrics are and what a complete douche Fred Durst is

Still got some of their stuff on my ipod, but will not be buying anything else by them

One band I stopped liking in a hurry was Black Stone Cherry.

I saw BSC supporting Nickelback last year and found them to be a welcome little surprise on the play list. They played for over an hour and I would be lying if I told you that I didn't enjoy what they played. They played a lot of their own songs and did a cover of "Highway To Hell" BY AC\DC. Naturally, that is a absolutely brilliant mix for me. I love the sound that BSC were putting out and AC\DC are one of my favourite bands ever... Just ask Nita.

When I got home from the gig, I immediately downloaded all of their albums and really immersed myself in their work. It was surprising to me how many songs of theirs I already knew despite not knowing of the band before the gig itself. "Lonely Train" is a song that most people will have heard, even though they might not know the band. However, it was songs like "Please Come In", "Blind Man" and "Things My Father Said" that really made me a fan of their work. I went to see them with my, then, girlfriend and we both absolutely loved them. However, after that relationship faded, I just didn't have the heart to continue listening to them any more. I still listen to the odd song now and again but not nearly the scale as I did before.

Mine was Metallica. Back in the days, I was a huge fan- had all their albums, seen them four times in concert... and then one night (this was around the time Load came out) I was listening to a radio interview with Lars Ulrich. Someone called in to the show ripping on Lars and the band for mellowing out their sound. The guy asked the question "Don't you guys care about the fans who got you through those first years and stood beside you while you were making a name for yourselves?" And Lars' response? "Hell no. Why should we?" At that moment, I swore off of Metallica forever.

Someone called in to the show ripping on Lars and the band for mellowing out their sound. The guy asked the question "Don't you guys care about the fans who got you through those first years and stood beside you while you were making a name for yourselves?" And Lars' response? "Hell no. Why should we?" At that moment, I swore off of Metallica forever.

If I was Lars I would have said the same thing. Just because you supported us in the beginning I'm never supposed to change and make a different kind of music? That's crap. I'm not a huge Metallica fan but I can't imagine Lars would come out and say he doesn't care about the fans. I'd wager to say that he meant he doesn't care about their complaints. At some point you got to make things exciting for yourself and hope the fans embrace and support you. Instead people flipped out. They sold out, they suck now, metal for life!!!! I get that you're pissed cause you think he hates his fans or something, but you should check out their most recent album. It rocked:headbanger:

As for the question at hand? The Vines. Loved their first album, "Highly Evolved", and I would recommend it to anyone looking for some high velocity rock. Then "Winning Days" came out and every song was one verse repeated four times with a terrible chorus. I think the next album was called "Valley Vision" or something, and the songs I heard off it sucked. I still listen to that first cd sometimes. It's so good I doubt I'll ever completely stop listening to it.

As for the question at hand? The Vines. Loved their first album, "Highly Evolved".

Is that the one with "Get Free" on it? The Vines have sorta faded away havent they? My mate was a big fan so I heard a few of their early songs and thought they were pretty good, never got around to buyin the album though. Read a article sayin they reminded the review of an Australian Nirvana, would u agree with that?

Had to be Eminem or Cannibal Corpse, Eminem I loved when I was about 9-10 then I got into metal and haven't really listened to him since. Cannibal Corpse I loved when I first got into metal, then I began to enjoy more... intelligent metal, so I moved on.

Is that the one with "Get Free" on it? The Vines have sorta faded away havent they? My mate was a big fan so I heard a few of their early songs and thought they were pretty good, never got around to buyin the album though. Read a article sayin they reminded the review of an Australian Nirvana, would u agree with that?

Yes it's the one with "Get Free" on it. As for if they are like an Australian Nirvana? Yes and no. They definitely employ the whole soft verse/hard chorus formula that Nirvana made famous and the front man, Craig Nicholls has a wicked scream that definitely resembles Cobain's but there are a few softer songs that kinda recall Oasis. If you really wanna check em' out listen to the first cd that's all I'm saying.

Yes it's the one with "Get Free" on it. As for if they are like an Australian Nirvana? Yes and no. They definitely employ the whole soft verse/hard chorus formula that Nirvana made famous and the front man, Craig Nicholls has a wicked scream that definitely resembles Cobain's but there are a few softer songs that kinda recall Oasis. If you really wanna check em' out listen to the first cd that's all I'm saying.

Thanks for that, as a MASSIVE Oasis fan, I now have even more reason to check out the band haha!

I will have a look on Amazon for their first album n have a listen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back