• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Backstage heat on The Poop.

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero has heat with wrestlers in the locker room because they feel he's not making an effort be an effective heel. They think he tries to portray himself as a babyface or "cool heel" in his promos." -Nodq

Well, pretty much what I've been saying all along. I've known for a while this guy was going to be a nuisance for TNA. When he was a face I really didn't like him because there was nothing to distinguish his character from a heel (cocky, arrogant, obnoxious) and TNA was pushing him to the moon talking about him being TNA's version of John Cena.

I didn't dislike him as much when it started to look like he'd be turning heel and was enjoying Samoa Joe show what a phony he was (Maybe that's what TNA meant, Pope will be TNA's biggest phony as John Cena is WWE's.) The angle started off good, showing Pope in strip clubs and implicating he was involved in dog fighting. But Pope has just completely botched it up from there. You can't even tell what he is and when he even turned heel. He denied everything Joe said one week and the next, was a heel.

Look what he had to say out of character about his feud with Joe.

“I want you to keep a close eye on this situation. I’m going to show how it’s going to be THE feud to watch in all of wrestling. You got Pope – I mean, you got POPE – then you got Joe. You got the Samoan Submission Machine, the guy is a monster in the ring, with his aggression and everything. Pope will handle all the juckin’ and jivin’, pimpin’ and the ridin’.
Pope will handle all the talking, the charismatic featuresand abilities that should be applied in the ring. Pope is going to handle all the showboating. Joe’s going to handle the rest. I think it’s going to be a great complement to each other, being that we’re both so different. When we get in the ring, magic is going to happen.”

That is someone talking completely out their ass. I don't think he even realized what he was sayin.

But what he basically said was he was going to take care of all the in-ring work, have all the charisma, and do all the talking and Joe would handle the rest - well what the fuck is left?

I'm not really a Samoa Joe fan, but I thought this angle could of really helped put him back on the map, but if he's gotta work with a guy like the Pope and the enormous ego the Pope has, this angle just might set Joe back even more.

And since when does Joe need a sidekick? His sidekick is based off a movie, where you have this inept hero played by Seth Rogen (Joe) and his sidekick Kato (Okada) does all the work.

Anyway, I see The Pope continuing to be a problem for TNA.

Your thoughts?

Not sure, answer that last question.

I don't wanna say much apart from, Pope is a dick. He was good, but I've not paid attention to him anymore. It was nice to see him have an Apple shoved into his Mouth actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back