Backlash: Big Show vs. The Great Khali

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

Singles Match
Big Show vs. The Great Khali

The ground is sure to shake at Backlash when the mammoth Big Show takes on The Great Khali. The two oversized Superstars are set to take part in the biggest match at the pay-per-view – literally.

On the April 1 edition of Raw, The Great Khali wasn’t joking around when he interrupted Big Show and cast him a stare that would send most people running. But Big Show returned the favor, getting into the Punjabi giant’s face on SmackDown later that week. A week later, Khali made a peace offering that Big Show wanted no part of. After responding to the peaceful proposal with physicality, it became apparent that these two giants could only settle their differences inside the squared circle.

Big Show is coming off a tough loss to Floyd “Money” Mayweather at WrestleMania XXIV in what many saw as a David vs. Goliath match of sorts. At Backlash, however, it will be two Goliaths pitted against one another.

When Big Show made his return, it was easy for some to point out his 100-pound lighter body as a negative. The Largest Athlete in the World is no less deserving of his name, though. His leaner body has only made him even more dangerous, adding quickness to his massive size advantage.

The Great Khali is not to be taken lightly, either. His stature alone is enough to give nightmares to our fans, let alone to his opponents. If that doesn’t send chills down the spines of WWE’s Superstars, his incredible strength will. And as a former World Heavyweight Champion, he knows how to get it done in the ring.

Something has to give at Backlash. And for our fans, hopefully that won’t be the ground.

This is match is a a must see! Not because of the great wrestling you will get to see, oh no! rather the disaster that you will get to see. Its like a car wreak and you know you should drive by and not look but you have to and this is a match you should no look at it but you will. I like the Show and I think he is one of the best big man to ever wrestle. But the Great Khali is shit and I doubt even the Big Show can make this match worth watching. I'm sure they have a few parts of the match where they will be testing each other strengths and one will get the big knock down and what not. But if they made this a gimmick match it be much more entertaining, but it isn't and I expect to see Show go over or have Khali just walk out as I really doubt this is the last between these two. Will it be a great match? no way in hell but the disaster it will be makes it worth watching as Khali always finds a new way to screw up.

Well, to the smarks, this'll be an absolutely shite match. But to the people who don't jusge a match on the amount of german suplexes this is a dream match. Seriously, think about it, the two biggest, dominant, giants going head to head. Admittedly, this would have been so much better if it was Last Man Standing, I think this feud will go that way, or the Punjab Prison. So this match will probably end controversially setting up a gimmick bout at Judgment Day.

Once I saw the HBK/Khali match, the idea of a Khali match being entertaining was thrown out the window for me. If Michaels can't even get a decent match out of the guy, NOBODY can lol.

Big Show's a great performer, and he'll make this watchable, but in no way do I expect to be hearing that this was MOTN or anything. Its an interesting concept that even I couldn't pass up if I was WWE's booker, but no five-star match is going to be the product.

Khali will lose as Big Show won't lose two ppvs in a row after his return. Big Show may even dominate for the most part to help push him a little.

I REALLY wish this was a Punjab Prison match. Backlash has no gimmick match, and this would be perfect, and would make it more entertaining. True this match wont have a whole ton of 450 splashes and the like, but itll be entertaining in an old school way, especially for me, cuz ill be live in attendance for it. It should be a rather interesting thing to see up close.

People are talking about this match extending beyond Backlash in a multi-month feud. I honestly hope not. These two don't have what it takes to repeat in a rematch, even if it is gimmicked.

I'm not saying this match will be complete shit. Although I am saying its going to be downright horrible. NorCal hit the nail on the head, it'll remind everyone of very in-depth old school wrasslin' in which it'll be a slugfest, followed by a test of strength, followed by playing off the crowd, followed by the face winning.

No way this feud extends beyond Backlash. If it does, it'll only be an on-television rivalry, not a next Pay Per View match-up. I say from here, Khali steps out to fullfill his india commitment as Big Show picks up another feud with possibly Edge, or Randy Orton.

The only reason this match is even worth mentioning as remotely exciting is because its size versus size. If either guy were about 5 ft. shorter, no way this would happen.. ever.

G-Rider.. it's called a work. You don't think that the punch was real, do you? If you do, my goodness boy. Wake up.

This will be a botchfest of missed slams and drops, and Show will win. Statement of fact.

On paper this match looks epic, The American Giant the Big Show Vs The Indian Giant The Great Khali, both men over 7 feet tall 400+pounds and have victories over some big names.
Although on paper it looks good the match i believe will be a total flop, Big show will try his hardest to make this match watchable but i think the fans have already made their mind up about this one.
This match will extend to atleast one more PPV after Backlash most probably in a Last Man Standing at least dat way a weapon can be used to finish the job.
My prediction for Backlash the match will either enf in DQ or controversy

Ugh, this feud better only last until Backlash. Big Show needs to be put with better workers. First Mayweather, now Khali? You can get as more skill from me eating an apple then watching either of those two wrestle. However, I expect this feud to advance into Judgement Day, with the Big Show feuding with the Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship after. Show will most likely win this with a huge punch like he had on Smackdown.

This fued will probably only last until Backlash....... at least, I hope it only lasts until Backlash.

This will be a giant vs. giant match. Classic, brawling along with plays of strength. Nothing special to look forward to. Also this will be a huge piece of garbabe for smarks. There will be no wrestling in this match, if there is, it will be in little amounts, and probably botched.

The match will either end in DQ, if the fued continues. Or Big Show will do a chokeslam, as high as he can lift Khali.

I know thinking about The Great Khali V Big Show sounds like it will be terrible. Reasons like Khali can't wrestle & is not a dominant force over Big Show so he can't just hit him etc spring to mind. But the WWE know what they are doing & they obviously know Khali can't wrestle. They will find a way for the match to work.

Show isn't good enough to carry the match, but it should still be quite entertaining. It won't be a wrestling match it will be like the Mayweather match in that it will just be some good spot wrestling thrown together well hopefully. If they try and make Khali do anything he will mess it up,so best just to leave everything to Show other than Khalis regular vice grip and chops spots. The main reason I will be watching this though is to see how high can Show actualy lift Khali.

I think Luther is right

This won't be a five star classic, but adding a No DQ clause and let them destroy each other would have been the best option.

As a regular match we will see punch-kick-punch-double hand claw-stomp-chop and this again and again (we may never see the kick).

Some of the moves both of them have will never look that impressive in someone who is the same size, besides Khali and show have been chokeslammed a zillion times and also Kane body slammed him, they both have tapped out (to cena), so nothing they do will look like a big spot (unless one of them wins with a top rope moonsault... lol).

I think keep this as a quick 4-5 min filler, and then finish this on smackdown in a last man standing with a lot of blood and maybe weapons, or wait till the next PPV, anyways none of them have someone to feud with...

i think they r wastin umagas talent he should be in this match he isnt as big but is a better wrestler than both. if he wins he will look really dominant and maybe it will bring him a push so that he could become a world champion.

you know what this match may not be the best match ever like some are sayin, but this will definitely be one to watch. The American Giant VS The Indian Giant, plus Big Show can work good. Hey at least this match would have been better than that may-weather/flower (flower as in a puss) and this match was absolutly horrible making the best giant in the wwe look weak. U know who id like to see back in the ring, Big Show vs Undertaker vs Kane.

While the match wouldnt be that bad (Dreaming), i just cant stand the thought of Khali being in it. He is just so horrible and i cannot watch a match with him in it. While it could be quite interesting seeing two of the biggest giants going head to head, this match will be just crap and it will be all over the place. Big Show is quite good for his size, but he simply cannot carry the slob Khali for a match, and im afraid i might take a piss break for this. WWE should just fire Khali, i know his popular in India, but his just doesnt belong in a wrestling ring, cant he just do something esle, like mabye open his own wrestling promotion in India, The Indians would love that, geez anything lol, just get away from The WWE, there struggiling as it is! I just hope it isnt as bad as im imagining it to be.

I'm not going to lie. I am actually interested in this match. Probably the 1st Khali match I've been into in a while. Why? You got two of the biggest men in the WWE going at it. Will it be a good wrestling match? Hell no it won't. Will it be just an all out brawl between two giants? Hell ya it will. Both guys are known for they're power and size. This match is like the battle of the titans. Quite literally I might add. I do expect Show to win the match, and I do not see this feud continuing after Backlash. So sit back and watch these two guys slug the Hell out of eachother, because there will probably be 0 wrestling involved.

Im pretty interested in this, and this may be THE craziest match to witness live out of all of them. Wont be technically beautiful in any way, but its not meant to be. rumor has it that Kahli is going away for a while, so this will be the way to send him off, aftera colossal choke slam or some shit. I really wish this wouldve had a much better, bigger build to it, but alas, WWE is putting it on.

I'd love to see this match...like everyone said, not because of any technical skill by the two. But simply because...do you see the height/size of those two? Just seeing them face off gave me chills...and that Choke Bomb Khali gave 'Show? Sick.

I never thought I'd be entertained by something Khali did. Hope WWE does this right, I'd totally wanna see a Chokeslam to Khali...now that'd would be cool...send Khali home to India. I wonder if they'd do the slam through the ring spot...doubt it....but it would freaking rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back