• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Back Porch Livin': The All Country Music Thread

Scotty

I have a PHD in Horribleness
I have seen a lot of stuff pass through the Music Section, but I have never seen a mention of Country Music. I know there are several people on WrestleZone who like or love country music, so I figured I would make this thread for us to congregate.

First thing I would like to discuss is the songs that are fun to just blare going down the road and have no worries. This one is a new song by one of country musics bigger names, Blake Shelton. It is pretty much about not thinking about tomorrow so have a good time tonight.

This next song really I don't know the point of. It is just a fun up beat song that is, in my opinion, really catchy. So please enjoy the catchy song "Southern Voice" by Tim McGraw.

"Ain't Going Down Till The Sun Comes Up" by Garth Brooks is one of my favorite songs to blare loudly as I go down the road. It is just so much fun and upbeat. This is one known by country fans around the world.

Then you get into the heartfelt songs like Tim McGraw's "Don't Take The Girl". I love this song because it chronicles the life of a boy named Johnny and his love. From childhood until...... well I will let you hear for yourself.

"Whiskey Lullaby" by Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss is another great song. Just everything about it is perfect. From the video to the lyrics this song is one of my favorites. The melody to the sound of Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss' voice is just superb.

Probably one of my favorite love songs is sung by the late great Keith Whitley. Really it is just one of those songs that you can't help but feel good when you hear it.

THe last song I am going to do right now is a very touching song called Alyssa Lies. This song will be what Jason Michael Carroll will be remembered for long after he is gone. The first time I heard this I was driving down the road and I remember thinking out loud "That is the saddest song I have heard in a long time."

I think I will leave it at that for now, but feel free to post any country song that you like or hate or anything. I am counting on you guys to help me keep this thread alive and I know there are several of us, so start posting.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxRYMiitmho[/YOUTUBE]

Love this song. Only Tanta Tucker song song I like. The lyrics tell a story, but you don't even have to listen to them you don't want, you can just get lost in the music. :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yljf4Lpj7CI[/YOUTUBE]
Great Classic Song. Tells a great story, of country living, great music, great spirits, makes you wanna get up and clap along haha!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWlMEa811EE[/YOUTUBE]
This doesn't tell a good story pursay, but it's a great line dancingm feel good song. Grew up listening to this.​

A country band that I've really been digging is Trailer Choir. They are a little known band under Toby Keith's label. I've seen them in concert twice and have met them and they are down to earth and fun people to hang around. Their songs are fun, humorous and pretty catchy. Here are some of my favorite ones:

[YOUTUBE]6mgFgKuvN5k[/YOUTUBE]

-This was their first song and was featured in Toby Keith's movie "Beer For My Horses".

[YOUTUBE]1sKIRjnDMH0[/YOUTUBE]

-This song is fun to go cruising to with the windows rolled down and not having any worries in the world.

[YOUTUBE]nnbLCk65X6Y[/YOUTUBE]

-This song is pretty touching and hits the spot. It's about these coal minors and what would you say in your final minutes. Really touching.

[YOUTUBE]xGCXSWTX_RQ[/YOUTUBE]

-This song is just for kicks, hilarious song. Performed it in concert and laughed my ass off. They have a handful of other songs, check them out sometime for kicks and some pretty catchy country tunes. And I plan on being here pretty often whenever I hear a pretty kickass country tune.

Theo my boy, I appreciate the post. However you forgot one little thing. A funny little song called "Rockin' The Beer Gut". I really like The Trailer Choir and this is probably one of my favorite songs of theirs. They seem like they are always having fun and I can appreciate that.

Man, I love me some country. I love it all, from the upbeat catchy songs, to the sadder songs.

I'll admit it. I have a huge man crush on Toby Keith. I heard this song a while back, and just thought, "Man, this is a really catchy tune, and it just puts a smile on your face." The song is called Trailerhood.

[youtube]sXHZhQAmXt8[/youtube]

Then you have songs that just feel like a page out of the story of your life. If that didn't make sense, I really dont care, I'm too high to care.

Anyways, this song I feel the guy wrote it about me. Cuz, my life has definitely been a country song.

[youtube]8qDOPeS6oC0[/youtube]

Then, you've got what country music is all about. Heartfelt songs, that make you feel something, something that makes you go..."wow!" This song is a perfect example.

Warning: Really sad song that might make you cry.

[youtube]Wbmbr7ZCDrE[/youtube]​

Here is a fun summer song from Brad Paisley. It states how much he loves water, and I can relate to that. Being from the South and living in the heat, I know how nice it is to jump into cold water on a hot summer day. It also fits the mold of a "Summer Country Song" as no one wants to hear songs about hot things when you can hear a song about nice cool water.

I love listening to country while I drive, especially in the Summertime. This is one of the very few country songs I'll have on my gym playlist as well. To me, this is what country music is about. You can tell that Singletary had a blast recording this song, and as a result, it's so much fun to listen to. The lyrics are awesome, and I love the use of the harmonica as well. It's also a great song to listen to right before heading out for a night of drinking.

I don't really know why, but I just cannot get into this song at all. It just seems like every time I turn the radio on it is playing. There is something off putting about this that makes me strongly dislike it. Maybe it is because I don't like the guy singing it, or just the song in general, I just don't like it.

Scooter, not sure if you know this but the song you chose didn't show up on the site. Just thought I'd pass that along mate.

Now time for some good 'ole Theo's favorites. So lets see at the moment one of my favorite country songs has to be:

[YOUTUBE]apLQINwGgqE[/YOUTUBE]

Being the party type that I am, it makes me feel like that. You know when you are just hanging out with friends and you feel like the type of the world and you feel like a star. I always feel like that when I'm having a good time with friends. And the beat of the song just makes you rock out and feel good about yourself. Plus I love Lady A.

My song of the moment is this beaut:

[youtube]zdp4lgvkQm4[/youtube]

Everyone here who knows me well enough knows that I love to party. And my favorite party drink? You guessed it, beer. This song fits me to a t. I'm not really good at anything that most are good at, but I like to think that I'm pretty darn good at drinking beer. The song has a nice little beat and is pretty relaxing and just rolls off your tongue in terms of catchyness and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back