B Round 1; 11 Super Mario Bros. 3 v 118 space invaders

?

• Super Mario Bros 3

• Space Invaders

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

This is one of my favourite games of all time, against a game I play on my phone when I take a dump. Super Mario Bros 3 brought in so much to the mario Franchise and was quite damn big for a NES game.

Yeah, shame for Space Invaders in drawing Super Mario 3, one of the most popular games ever. Space Invaders is good fun for an arcade game, and was obviously one of the very first arcade games that caught on and kickstarted basically the entire video game industry.

Still, it doesn't hold a candle to Super Mario 3 unfortunately. Definitely the best of the earlier Mario titles (honestly Super Mario 64 has always been my favorite though) and that's saying quite a bit considering the high standards of the first Mario games.

So, obviously, my vote goes to Super Mario Brothers 3.

For my first voyage into the tournament, I too go with SMB 3. Think of it like this: there's a movie called the Wizard that's practically a commercial for SMB 3. Think about that for a minute. Space Invaders is more or less on here for its importance instead of its overall gaming credentials. Mario 3 is very fun and blows away a lot of things as it wins here easily.

SMB3 wins easy. Space Invaders is fun, and pretty much everybody has played it. It was good but not great. SMB3 was amazing though. That game is quite possibly the most popular game ever on the NES, and was so much fun. It beats Space Invaders easily.

Ah damn it, my first screw up vote of this tourney. While the voting wills how I voted Space Invaders, i meant to vote Super Mario 3, for obvious reasons. Super Mario 3 was essentially the last great hit of the nintendo, and while Space Invaders was culturally significant, SM3 dwarfs it in comparison.

Ok well I'll make sure your vote counts for SMB3, shocky voting Nintendo is bigger than a meteorite hitting austin at mania 26.

The impotant thing is to look at game v game not franchises.

No brainer (aside from my main nomination), SMB3. Epic game and the best Mario Bros. game ever (that's not including Super Mario 64, etc, I said Bros.) the best selling game of all time on a single console, 11 million copies, this is the Thriller of the NES gaming system. Smooth control play, a very long lasting playability and it doesn't get tiring even after 15 years of playing!

Sorry that Space Invaders got paired with it, but it is a no brainer unfortunately!

Both great games, but Im going to have to go for Mario 3..

Wont even bother giving points as there is no debate in this thread so far.

Gotta give due respect to Space Invaders though,

Definitely have to go with SMB3, space invaders was great for an arcade title, for a couple quarters than we'd move on to some more serious arcade games like Streets of Rage or something similar to that.

Anyway, SMB3 is honestly my favorite Super Mario Bros game to ever be released. The level design was awesome, the difficulty in some spots make even veteran games scream and kick, and a game I've credited for making me a gamer in the first place. I still remember exactly how to get to the 9th and final level by only beating the first one. Pretty easy trick, but as a kid that was awesome. SMB3 gets my vote.

Space Invaders is nothing short of excellent, and I have wiled away the hours playing on it, but Super Mario 3 was a staple in my life both when I had a NES and on SuperMario All Stars. I still play an emulator of it now occasionally, and the worlds were all very well thought out. One of my favourite games ever, and given the lack of Donkey Kong, probably the game I'll be backing all the way. Space Invaders was really unlukcy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back