Ascension Episode One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
l_57a13d103bff4806878ff8eed4ac5e24.jpg

We are live for the very first broadcast of Ascension, from Keystone City, Kansas, home of resident superhero and WZCW Elite X Champion, Titus. It's a sold out crowd of 5,000 here for the first ever broadcast. A large pyro displays goes off to welcome us to the first show.

We fade into Vance Bateman’s office, he’s pacing backwards and forwards slowly but excitedly, awaiting for Ascension to go live. Sitting in his office is Leon Kensworth and Johnny Klamor, going through some notes and looking on a laptop. Something then startles the two of them they begin rushing through the notes to make sure what they’re reading is correct.

Leon: Erm, Mr. Bateman. I, we found a problem

Bateman: A problem? Not now, not when we’re about go live, what is it?

Klamor: According to the notes here which you provided us, WZCW.com currently has a mix up on details of the match card for tonight’s show.

Bateman: WHAT?! How can this be? It should just as it read. How many matches are mixed up?

Klamor: Only two, but it’s fixable.

Leon: The matches were Big Dave vs. Murfish and Sanna vs. Karnage, somehow they’ve been switched here

Bateman: Dammit. This is this MY show and I won’t have people making a fool of me on the first showing. It was probably Chuck Myles, knowing him, he would do such a thing, try and embarrass me on my big first night. You two, find those guys and tell them the correction. I’m going to ring

Bateman storms out of the office, leaving Leon and Klamor looking confused.

Copeland:
Ladies and Gentleman, may I be honoured to welcome you to the first ever edition of WZCW Ascension, live in Keystone City, Kansas and tonight Vance Bateman has spared no expense to giving us an opening night to remember.

Cohen: You’re damn right Seabass. Bateman has got us a Main Event that will outdo what Meltdown had to offer, a Steel Cage Match for the Elite X Champion, Lars Reidar gets his deserved rematch tonight!

Vance Bateman’s music hits and he walks down to the ring with a smug look on his face, he enters the ring and requests a microhone

Cohen: He’s got something important to say, I can feel it!

Bateman: Ladies and Gentleman, let me personally welcome you to the first showing of the new premier broadcast of the WZCW, Ascension! Now tonight, unfortunately, someone wanted to play the prank card and there’s been a few mix ups on the card. But rest assure, the Steel Cage Match for the Elite X title will still remain the Main Event tonight!

The fans cheer.

Furthermore, we’re going to see fuel being added a fire going on in the wzcw, Karnage will not be facing Murfish tonight, oh no, we’re going to go one better, tonight Karnage is going to take on Sanna once again!

The fans cheer louder.

Oh you like that huh? Then how do you think Murfish going up against Tag Team Champion Big Dave one on one sound for you?

The fans continue cheering.

Ok, that sounds good for tonight, because you the fans want it, Vance Bateman is going to give it. Because it’s a funny thing about being on Ascension, for it means to rise into a greater being, yet strangely Meltdown is the opposite, it means destruction, and that’s exactly where Meltdown is going under Chuck Myles. So for tonight, I want you to be part of history as Ascension, and myself, will rise up as the greatest show in the WZCW and I will provide only the beat for you the fans. The best phrase I can of think of this is “In Vance Bateman we trust”.

Now that’s enough from me, lets get this show on the road!

Harrys: The following contest is scheduled for one fall

"Let Me Put My Love Into You" (Instrumental) starts playing as the lights darken down. Sanna appears on the stage, carrying chains in his hands. He walks slowly down the ramp, he stops halfway and does the raven pose, he then continues to the ring

Harrys: Making his way to the ring. From The Darkness, weighing in at 280 pounds, Sanna!

Copeland: Sanna’s taking on Karnage one more time here tonight on Ascension. They’re coming quite familiar since coming out of the EurAsian tournament last month, but it didn’t stop at Meltdown 24, did it Jack?

Meltdown 24
Karnage stomps on Sanna’s leg for a bit and then grabs his ankle and wrenches it in an ankle lock. Sanna eventually turns himself over and forces Karnage off of him. Sanna stands himself up…but Karnage rushes him and nails him with the Early Release! He covers Sanna and gets 1, 2, 3!

Cohen: It did not Seabass, they even met up again at Meltdown 25 and Milenko was in the mix of these two, only that Milenko thought allying with Sanna was a good idea!

Meltdown 25
Milenko is hammering him with vicious lefts and rights whilst Sanna stomps him. Karnage sinks in to the turnbuckle and is taking a beating from a tender alliance.

Sanna attempts a punch but Milenko ducks it just in time and lands a spear to the turning Sanna.

Milenko looks pleased with himself and resumes his cocky nature, Karnage however has recovered and is stalking Milenko from behind. Karnage locks in his arm and hits the “Solitary Confinement”. Sanna has now recovered and hits Karnage with the “SannaSydal”. Sanna immediately covers Milenko and the picks up the win.

Cohen: Only it lead to that psycho winning after Karnage did the work for him. I don’t trust him with those chains!

[youtube]/v/bJcmZ26m8Ko&hl=en&fs=1&[/youtube]

The arena lights dim and multicolour spotlights flash and swirl around the room. Crminal Karnage enters looking hyped up and intense. The lights come up as Karnage walks down to the ring, slapping the occassional hand on the way down. he climbs the stairs into the ring

Harrys: His opponent, from Scotland in the United Kingdom, weighing in at 287 pounds, Criminal Karnage!

Karnage mounts the turnbuckle, raising both his arms. He dismounts and stands in a preying position, looking towards Sanna who’s yet to let go of the chains, the referee tries to negotiate them off of Sanna, who reluctantly agrees and hands them over. The ref throws them out of the ring and signals for the bell. Karnage in his prying position tells Sanna to bring it, to which Sanna obliges and Karnage catches him with a spinebuster and unleash a series of lefts and rights on him. The referee pulls Karnage off so he doesn’t get disqualified and the distraction proves enough for Sanna who’s gotten up and face buster on the unaware Karnage and tries to go for the Sannialation in the early going, but Karnage reaches the ropes.

The two men get up and stare each other down as they clearly both want the win here. They start trash talking and Karange mouths “f*** you”, to which Sanna responds with rights, forcing Karnage back onto the ropes. Sanna irish whips him and catches with the T-bone suplex on the return, Sanna tries to lock the Crossfice chinlock on Karnage, but again, he’s having none of it and gets to the rope. He rolls out of the ring to regroup his attack. Sanna tries taunting him and goes to sit in the furthest corner. Karange walks around and notices the chains that are on the outside, he goes over and picks them up and re-enters the ring. He starts playing with the chains like a lasso, which triggers Sanna to get up from his corner and starts to walk slowly towards Karnage as if to warn him to drop the chains, to which Karnage suddenly does and hits the spear out of nowhere, cover 1…..2….kick out by Sanna.

Copeland: Great move by Karange there!

Cohen: Doing what? Fooling people he’s doing good for the community?

Sanna gets back up, he looked very pissed at Karnage’s decoy with his own property. Karnage gets up in his face and his a back chop on Sanna’s chest, “WOOOO” go the crowd, another chop “WOOO”, “WOOO”, “WOOO”. Karnage then grabs Sanna’s head and hits a bulldog. He gets up and signals for the end. He picks up Sanna and puts him over his shoulder for the Pumphandle Slam. But he’s losing his balance and leans back too far for Sanna to reverse the move and hits the SannaSydal. He covers Karange 1……2……..kickout

Cohen: That was three surely?!

Copeland: It almost was but almost doesn’t count

Sanna starts getting angry that Karnage kicked out, he then notices his chains are still on the canvas. He goes over and picks them up, he raises them above his head, the referee doesn’t dare go near him, but as Sanna turns around he’s met with the Early Release. Cover by Karnage 1……2…….3

Harrys: Here is your winner, Karnage!

Copeland: Karnage gets Sanna again. The Early Release certainly isn’t as one time bailout for Karnage!

Cohen: Like you know the system any better than he does, Seabass!

Karnage celebrates on the turnbuckle to a round of cheers from the fans. He climbs over to the opposite turnbuckle and Sanna stands behinds him with the chains and hits Karnage on the back of the head, knocking him back onto the mat. Sanna then wraps the chain around Karnage’s neck and applies the Anaconda Vice, choking out Karnage. The bell rings to get Sanna to cease but he doesn’t, the referees come down and try to pull Sanna off of him, but he’s too tight with the hold.

Cohen: Looks like the madhouse needed to let off some steam!

Copeland: How can you say that? He's choking another man out!

Suddenly "Bliss" by Muse hits the arena and Blade comes running down to the ring, Sanna spots this and releases Karnage and makes for a quick getaway. Blade helps get the chains off Karnage's get and he helps him up and assists with walking him out of the ring. The crowd start a "Karnage" chant in support.

----------------------------------------
Backstage

In Vance Bateman’s office, he looks angry at what’s just happened between Sanna and Karnage. Johnny Klamor is standing in watch.

Bateman: You see that? I want to add fuel to the fire and Sanna tries to outdo my plans. If I wanted them to tear the hell out of each other, I would have put them in a Hardcore Match!

I’m quite thankful that I didn’t lose one of my Tag Team Champions through this. Dammit, I will not stand for this! Sanna is not going to ruin my rule of Ascension. So as of now, I am officially suspending Sanna until he can clear his act up. I don’t want to see him in one of my rings or even endangering my WZCW Susperstars! Send him back to where he came from!

Klamor: A wise choice Mr. Bateman, but you don’t think tonight’s Main Event is going to be as brutal as that now do you?

Bateman slowly turns towards Klamor with a slight sick look in his eyes.

Bateman: I am counting on it to be worse!

Bateman smiles in a sick way.

Harrys: The following contest is scheduled for one fall

“Reptilia” plays throughout the arena as Murfish enters on stage ready for action. He heads down the entrance away looking at the fans on both sides, giving appreciation like a leader towards them as he slowly makes his way down to the ring

Harrys: Introducing first, from International Waters, weighing 335 pounds, Murfish!

Murfish enters the ring and poses on the right side TV turnbuckle to the fans, he’s loving every moment of this.

Copeland: Ladies and Gentleman, let me just remind you that tonight, as we saw earlier, Murfish is facing Big Dave and not Karnage. This will be quite a challenge for Big Dave, he faces a 67 pound weigh difference in his opponent!

Cohen: Weight shouldn’t be an issue for Big Dave, he might weigh less than his opponent, but he’s got the strength to cope with it.

“What I Want” hits the arena as the Tag Champion enters with a pissed off look on his face. He already has his hoodie unzipped and holding his tag belt loosely

Harrys: His opponent, from London, England, weighing in at 268 pounds, he is one half of the WZCW Tag Team Champions, Big Dave!

Big Dave stands outside the ring with a pacing act and he suddenly throws his belt down, slides in the ring and starts a fist fight with Murfish, the belt sounds and we are underway. Dave and Murfish continue to exchange rights and lefts, then suddenly Dave runs behind him, bouncing off the ropes and hits a spear already, taking the 6’9 Murfish down. Cover by Dave 1…...2 kickout by Murfish.

Dave finally removes his hoodie as he prepares to go for a leg drop, but Murfish rolls out of the way and Dave hits canvas, to which Murfish takes advantage by putting a sleeper hold on the tag champion. Big Dave’s head looks like a pea with Murfish’s arm wrapped around, he’s trying to keep his breathing going despite this huge arm wrapping around his head. Dave then grabs Murfish’s head and hits a knee into his face, no luck, he hits again, Murfish still holding, a series of knees and Murfish breaks the hold. Both men get to their feet and Dave signals to Murfish to “come on, Murfish runs at him and Dave swings up a big boot into Murfish’s chest, dropping him but he gets back up again.

Copeland: How much is it going to take to put Murfish down?

Cohen: We’re about to find out.

Dave irish whips Murfish who reverses it and hits a flapjack, causing to Dave to land face first onto the canvas. He picks Dave up, irish whips him into the corner and starts striking the rights and lefts on the tag champion. He pulls Dave away from the corner so he’s at a distance and he points to the turnbuckle. He climbs up facing away from the ring, Dave then gets up and bounces on the rope, causing Murfish to crotch on the turnbuckle. Dave then climbs up right behind Murfish, sitting in the same position, but hooking his feet on the second rope. He grabs Murfish around the waist and falls backwards, sending Murfish to the canvas with the Spider Suplex. With Murfish flat out on the canvas, Dave signals the end, to which the crowd are in a mix reaction. He then goes flying with the Money Shot, landing on top of Murfish, cover 1……..2…….kickout.

Copeland: That was a long two count right there.

Dave gets back on his feet, poised and waiting as Murfish is slowly getting up again, Dave kicks him in the knee and hits a huge DDT, that knocks the wind out of Dave as they’re both down, the ref starts a ten count. 1……….2……….3……..4 Both men start to get back up 5……6……..7…….Both men are back up and Dave heads over to Murfish who suddenly grabs Dave in a Rock Bottom hold and hits the Exploder Suplex. Murfish signals for the end, he picks up Dave with the Gorilla Press, holding him over his head, and as Murfish is about to complete the Marianna Trench, Big Dave reverses with a huge DDT from a great height, both men are flat out, Dave eventually places an arm on top of Murfish 1…..2…..Murfish gets a shoulder up.

Cohen: This match may never end!

Both men slowly get up, with Dave using the ropes for leverage, he signals one again for Murfish to “come get me”, Murfish runs at him only for Dave to catch him in the Checking Out, using Murfish’s momentum against him. Cover by Dave 1……..2……..3

Harrys: Here is your winner, Big Dave!

Copeland: Big Dave was able to cope with the challenge of Murfish, it was hard fought, but he got it done. Using Murfish’s speed to power up the Checking Out, Big Dave is certainly the big man tonight!

Cohen: You’re damn right Seabass, he is the big man tonight! After the hassle that Vance Bateman has put him through with changing his matches around, Big Dave has shown why he and Ace are proving to be quite a powerhouse of the WZCW. All credit to Murfish, he tried but even size isn’t an issue when you’re dealing with “The Survivalist” here.

Big Dave celebrates by climbing the turnbuckle and raising his championship belt high above him, to a series of boos which doesn't please him. Murfish leaves the arena with a disappointing look on his face.

---

Becky Serra is backstage with Titus.

Becky: Tonight, Titus, you defend your Elite X title as a man who's beginning to be seen as the most dangerous man in WZCW - Lars Reidar, the man who took out the number one contender and the champion at the same time. How can you stop him?

Titus looks serious.

Titus: You know, Becky, I can't say right now what I'm going to do. All I know, is that I am in the right, and that Reidar, Reidar is a dangerous, dangerous man. For the good of WZCW, and the good of the public, I will do whatever I must to protect the people from him - no matter what the sacrifice is.

Becky nods as she continues.

Becky: Now, regardless of the outcome of tonight's steel cage match, the world title match up has been made for All or Nothing, and you're part of it. What are your thoughts?

Titus gives a somber grin.

Titus: In normal circumstances, a chance at the world title would thrill me. Considering, however, I'll be in the ring with 3 of my worst enemies, with only Ricky as potential back up, and who knows what to expect with this mystery man - I'm less than enthused. Still, I'll make the most of the opportunity and I have every hope of denying Vengeance - and walking out as the new world champion.

Titus stares into the camera for one more moment before walking off as Ascension goes to commercial.

Harrys: The following matchup is scheduled for one fall!

Violet Hill by Coldplay hits the sound system as Excellency makes his way out to the ramp. He makes his way down to the ring, pointing towards the fans and enters the ring. He jumps up onto the second turnbuckle and makes the sign of the cross.

Harrys: Introducing first, from the Vatican City, he stands 6’7” and weighs in
at 260 lbs, Excellency!

Fight The Power by Public Enemy starts up as Marcus Chambers makes his way out. He lowers his head and raises a clenched fist as he walks his way to the ring. Upon sliding under the bottom rope, he hops onto the second turnbuckle and lowers his heaed, raising a clenched fist once more.

Harrys: And his opponent, from Las Vegas, Nevada, he stands 6’2” and weighs in at 248 lbs, Marcus Chambers!

Copeland: Two of our newest members in WZCW a set to square off. Both are fresh off surviving the 15 minute contract battle royal at Civil Revolution II

Cohen: I have to put my money on Chambers tonight, I like his attitude and his willingness to do anything to win, plus look at that wannabe priest he’s going against, this should be an easy win for Chambers.

The ref signals for the bell as the Chambers and Excellency tie up in the center of the ring. Chambers slides down and hits a quick arm drag. Excellency gets back up quickly and rushes Chambers but Chambers hits another arm drag and applies an arm bar. Excellency gets up and pulls Chambers towards him and hits a power slam on chambers. Excellency stomps away at Chambers before bouncing off the ropes and hitting a leg drop. Excellency goes for the cover but only gets a 2 count. Excellency drags Chambers to his feet and whips him into the corner. He rushes forward and goes for a splash, but Chambers moves out of the way and quickly rolls Excellency up for a 2 count.

Copeland: Excellency can’t afford to get into a speed match with Chambers. He has to focus on grounding the agility of Chambers and wear him out.

Cohen: All it takes is a rapid attack and Chambers will win this match just like I predicted. Also when did you become the wrestling expert Copeland? That’s my job.

Chambers pulls Excellency to his feet and attempts a Russian Legsweep but Excellency pushes him towards the ropes, only to hit a knee to the face for his troubles. Chambers quickly ascends to the top turnbuckle and jumps off, going for a Guillotine Leg Drop. Excellency rolls out of the way and to his feet and connects with a standing moonsault on the downed Chambers. He hooks the leg, and gets a 2 count only. Excellency pulls Chambers up by the back of his neck and wraps his arms around Chambers, and connects with a belly to belly suplex. Excellency then picks Chambers up and throws him into the ropes but misses with the Clothesline. Chambers quickly counters with a back cracker, and a quick pin attempt gets Chambers a two count.

Chambers gets up and raises his fist to a chorus of boos to the fans, turning his back on Excellency. As Excellency gets up, Chambers goes for the 187, but Excellency catches his foot, only for Chambers to connect with an Enziguiri. Chambers climbs the top rope again and attempts a moonsault down onto the prone Excellency. Excellency gets his knees up just in time and Chambers bounces off towards the side holding his midsection in immense pain.

Copeland: This is a great back and forth match, but Chambers has to be careful with his high flying maneuvers; it’s a double edged sword.

Cohen: That may be true, but if he is able to connect with one, it may be worth the crashing and burning he’s done so far. That moonsault if it connected could have ended the match up right there.

Both men are down on the ground, and the ref begins the ten count. Both men are up at the count of 8, with Excellency taking control of the match up with some well calculated punches to Chambers. Following a kick to the gut Excellency is able to hit a Gutwrench Powerbomb, going for the Sharpshooter immediately afterwards. He turns Chambers over and leans back into the submission hold, Chambers screaming out in pain and flailing for the ropes. Excellency continues to put the pressure on, but Chambers is able to maneuver towards the ropes, his finger tips almost touching the bottom rope. With one last burst Chambers gets a hold of the bottom rope and Excellency is forced to relinquish the hold.

Excellency signals for The Crowning, his hands on his knees and standing above Chambers. Chambers struggles to his feet and Excellency lifts him up in a reverse fireman carry, swinging Chambers legs out, but Chambers quickly grabs Excellency around the neck and drops him with The Affirmative Action! Chambers goes for the cover with a hand full of tights, and gets the three count and the win!

Harrys: Here is your winner, Marcus Chambers!

Copeland: Wow, what a match, Chambers was able to pull that maneuver out of nowhere, even while on Excellency’s shoulders.

Cohen: Like I said Seabass, this Chambers kid is something special, and with his first singles victory in WZCW, I can only see great things in his future.

Chambers slowly climbs to the second turnbuckle, raising a clenched fist with his head down with his other arm wrapped around his midsection.

Harrys: The following contest is scheduled for one fall.

The lights in the arena dim as Meet The Monster hits the PA system. Trevor Steel makes his appearance through the curtain.

Harrys: Weighing in at 270 pounds, from Philadelphia, PA. Trevor Steel!

Copeland: Here is a man who is looking to prove himself after an impressive showing at the contract battle royale.

As white lights flash around the arena, Steel makes his way down to the ring. Climbing the stairs, Steel makes his way into the ring and waits for his opponent.

Power by Helloween hits the PA system and Rafael De La Noche.

Harrys: And his opponent, weighing in at 225 pounds, Rafael De La Noche

Cohen: Talk about making a name for yourself, this guy will be a superstar someday Seabass, mark my words.

Copeland: We’ll see about that. He still has to prove a lot to a lot of people.

Rafael makes his way down the ramp and stops to take in the hate flowing from the crowd. He continues on and reaches the ring, getting to the top turnbuckle, Rafael smiles smugly at the crowd.

The referee signals for the bell and we are underway. Both men are sizing each other up and circling the ring, after a few moment Rafael makes a break for Steel. Steel is aware though and moves out the way, allowing Rafael to stop himself at the ropes. Steel smiles towards Rafael and Rafael seems angry. Rafael then raises his arm in the air an attempt to get Steel to tie up. Steel goes for it but Rafael meets him with a knee to the gut. Steel is bent over and Rafael takes the opportunity to hit a dropkick to the side of the head. Steel is strewn out on the mat as Rafael smiles widely towards the crowd. Rafael already thinks he has it in the bag as he signals the end towards the crowd.

Cohen: He’s already got this one wrapped up Seabass.

Steel has other ideas however and rolls Rafael up in a school boy pin as he nears him. 1… 2… Kick out, Steel capitalizes and ducks under the swinging arm of Rafael, hitting a headbutt as Rafael turns back around. Steel hits Rafael with Head butt after headbutt and then begins to punch him with ferocity. After every clubbing blow to the head, the fans chant “Steel”. After five straight punches to the head, Rafael falls to the mat and clutches his head. Steel, not one to pass up an opportunity, makes his way to the top rope. He looks unsure and is taking his time. Rafael sees this and makes a break for it, hitting Steel with a powerbomb from the top rope. Both men fall to the floor as Rafael begins to recuperate.

Copeland: Tremendous move from Rafael there.

Cohen: Oh, so now you are his biggest fan huh?

Rafael is first to his feet and begins his attack on Steel immediately. Rafael lifts Steel to his feet and backs him up to the ropes with chop after chop to the chest of Steel, the noise from each one reverberating around the arena. Rafael whips Steel into the ropes opposite and hits him with a big boot as he returns. Steel is once again strewn on the mat as Rafael makes his way to the back of Steel and locks in the Camel Clutch. Steel struggles for a while and the pain is visible in his facial expression, reaching in one last effort, Steel manages to grab the ropes. The referee begs for the hold to be broken but Rafael is having none of it as the referee begins to utilize his 5 count. 1…2…3…4, Rafael breaks the hold.

Copeland: Rafael needs to make sure that he doesn’t get himself disqualified, especially when he is control.

Steel is writhing in pain as Rafael attempts to further his attack some more. Rafael raises Steel to his feet and goes for Nike’s gift. Locking the leg into position, Rafael attempts the small package driver. Steel has other ideas though and flips Rafael over his head with a backdrop. Both men stuggle to their feet as Rafael attempts a lariat on Steel, Steels ducks out the way and hits Rafael with the Michinoku Driver. Covering Rafael, the referee counts: 1…2…3.

The bell rings as Steel gets to his feet.

Harrys: Here is your winner, Trevor Steel!

Cohen: What the Hell just happened?

Copeland: Steel just stole one if you pardon the expression.

Cohen: Rafael was robbed.

Copeland: That match could have gone either way. In the end it was Steel who picked up the victory.
---

Stacey Madison is backstage with Lars Reidar.

Stacey: You know, Lars, let me be the first to tell you that I love what you did last night.

Reidar gives a very slight grin on the side of his mouth.

Reidar: You did, huh?

Stacey nods and smiles.

Stacey: That fat pirate wannabe doesn't deserve to be our champion. I'm so glad you saved it for Everest.

Reidar's face has gone grim.

Stacey: Um...Lars?

Reidar snatches the mic.

Reidar: Is this what you all think? That I just hate Ricky, that I just like Everest, such petty nonsense?! It doesn't matter who holds the title, only that no one deserves a match before me. It doesn't matter who I like, who I dislike - all that matters is that Lars Reidar is recognized as the greatest in the world, that I, and I alone, am seen as the power of WZCW...that I reign supreme. This is why I do what I do, and you will all do well to remember it.

Reidar snarles at Stacey and stalks off, leaving her looking bewildered.

Harrys: The following tag team number one contenders’ match is scheduled for one fall

“Put On” bursts throughout the arena as Kyle Christensen makes his return to WZCW with a smile on his face, he stands waiting on the stage as “All Eyes On Me” cuts in as James Baker and Malik Jones joins him.

Harrys: Introducing first. Being accompanied to the ring by Malik Jones, at a combined weight of 467 pounds, James Baker and Kyles Christensen, The Driveby Express.

James, Kyle and Malik all walk down to the ring and start to taunt the crowd with belt taunts. They enter the ring and do a special handshake with Malik giving a last minute lecture to them.

Copeland: Kyle Christensen making his WZCW return tonight, live on Ascension as he reunites with James Baker, who’s been having quite a bit of go in singles competition, and tonight they face the team that took Christensen out for a chance to face the FHD at All or Nothing.

Cohen: I’m surprised Phoenix and Black, or the Second Coming as they liked to be called get another chance to be the contenders. The Daves already put them in their place at Civil Revolution, that’s enough prove to show that they’ll always come second to the Daves.

“East Jesus Nowhere” hits, and after a few seconds, Garth Black and Phoenix appear on the stage. They talk momentarily, before they both pose with their arms spread and feet together. After posing for a couple moments, they begin their slow walk down the ramp. The reach the ring, and pose on the turnbuckles on the camera side

Harrys: Their opponents, at combined weight of 381 pounds, Garth Black, Phoenix, The Second Coming!

Phoenix and Black climb down and begin to stare down their opponents, the ref tells them to back into their corners as Phoenix and Baker will start the match. The bell sounds and there’s some anticipation between Baker and Phoenix as they look to lock down, but then Phoenix runs to the ropes and hits Baker with a spinning heel kick straight from the go, Malik Jones, taps the mat to give Baker some motivation after the set back. Phoenix picks up Baker and Irish Whips him and stands ready for the return only to receive a crossbody from Baker, who then gives Black the finger and Black tries to enter the ring but the referee restrains him.

Baker picks Phoenix up and knocks his head against his team turnbuckle and tags Christensen in. Baker holds Phoenix as his partner gets a few shots on The Eternal One, Baker exits and the “One and Only” continues the offence on Phoenix with elbows to the head, he runs to the ropes and hits a flying elbow into Phoenix’s face, taking him down to the canvas. Black looking a bit impatient on the outside while Malik Jones is feeling the opposite, clapping on Christensen as he stands over Phoenix and hits a standing moonsault on top and goes for the cover 1…….2…kick out by Phoenix.

Copeland: Driveby Express establishing early dominance in this match

Cohen: This just proving that they are destined for glory here tonight, Seabass!

Christensen tags Baker back in and he picks up Phoenix and sets him up for another Irish Whip, only for Phoenix to reverse it and Garth Black pulls the top rope down and Baker goes over, landing awkwardly on his ankle. Malik jumps on top of the apron to argue with the ref as Black drops down and kicks Baker on his injured ankle. He then picks Baker up and puts him back in the ring to an awaiting Phoenix who gives Baker a Sitout Facebuster and covers him 1……….2………kick out by Baker.

Phoenix picks up Baker and drags him over to his corner, tagging Baker in, as they hit a spinning heel kick and back heel trip at the same time, Baker feels the pain in his ankle. Black then gets on all fours near the Driveby corner and Phoenix runs up hitting a Poetry in Motion on Christensen who lands on Malik Jones unexpectedly. Black resumes work on Baker, kicking his ankle further which is becoming quite painful for Baker. Black helps him on his feet and hits a roundhouse kick on Baker, who ends up laying in the middle of the ring.

Copeland: Baker looks in pain, I think his ankle might be broken

Cohen: These two just love to spoil the party for the Driveby Express!

Black picks up Baker once again and signals to Phoenix to come at him, but as he does so, Malik runs around to the Second Coming side of the ring and grabs Phoenix’s leg as he goes for the run. Black throws Baker down to go after Malik who runs like a scorned dog around the ring with Black in pursuit, only to meet a clothesline from Christensen, taking him down outside the ring.

Kyle gets back on the apron and tries reaching out to Baker, who’s still clutching his ankle on the canvas. Phoenix can only stand on the other and watch as the ref tells Malik to back away from Black on the outside. Mailk then points the ref towards Phoenix who tries to get in with frustration as Malik picks up Black and throws him back into the ring and shouts at Baker to cover him, but he’s still in pain from his ankle. He takes a moment to notice and goes for the cover with the referee now no longer distracted, 1………2 kick out by Black.

Christensen tries clapping to get some support behind Baker, but Black is first to his feet and grabs Baker by hurt ankle and drags him across to his corner and tags Phoenix back in. Black holds Baker up as Phoenix hits the Rebirth on Baker. Black climbs on the turnbuckle and hits the Black Magic on Baker’s head. Phoenix covers Baker 1……..2……..3

Copeland: Baker’s Final Judgement has been made!

Harrys: Here are your winners and the new number one contenders, The Second Coming!

Malik Jones enters the ring to check on Baker while Christensen leaves to the entrance ramp with an annoyed look that his partner got injured this time. Phoenix and Black stand in the ring staring at the fallen Baker and his worried manager. They slowly start heading over and Phoenix starts stamping on Baker’s ankle even more as Black grabs Malik and puts him in the Black Death and Malik is tapping profusely. The bell rings again to cease the attack.

Copeland: Come on guys, you’ve won the match, you’ve done enough damnage!

Cohen:Why don't you go and help them Seabass?

Black lets go of the hold and exits the ring and grabs a steel chair. He tells Phoenix to hold Baker’s leg and does so. With all his will and force, he slams the steel right onto Baker’s ankle who screams in pain. The Second Coming leave Baker and Jones lying helpless in the ring, with their arms raised in victory.

---

We return to Vance Bateman's office who's been pretty pleased with the first show of Ascension. Suddenly Kyle Christensen storms in.

Bateman: Well Mr. Christensen, welcome to Ascension and welcome back to the active roster

Christensen: Yet, my partner gets put on it the moment I get back. I demand some action be taken against Phoenix & Black!

Bateman: You're not the one who calls the shots here. I have a plan in mind for those two, but it's not going to involve you! Currently right now, your attention should be off tag team work, particularly if your partnership with Baker is going to be inconsistent. No, like he did when you were out, you're going to focus on single competition. But I suggest keeping away from them as I don't want any addition injuries accuring tonight or any other night.

Please, vacate my office.

Christensen unhappily leaves Bateman's office.

Titus is doing some last minute training, hitting some punch pads with some rights, lefts and kicks. The crowd cheer in reaction

Copeland: Titus is getting focused for tonight. Remember that the Elite X title is being defended in a steel cage. No pins, no submissions, the only way to win this match is by escaping the cage.

Cohen: And my favourite 'no' in this match? No disqualifications.

Copeland: These two have been having such a war going on, Titus and Lars Reidar get it on again tonight!

------------
Lars Reidar is waking towards the camera with authority, he's heading to the ring for the Main Event. The crowd boos the sight of him.

Then we come to the door of Titus, of which it suddenly opens and out steps the Elite X Champion, and walks towards the camera.

Copeland: This is it Jack, the biggest rivalry in the history of the WZCW takes another chapter here tonight in Ascension's Main Event

Cohen: The time is now, Seabass. I can't wait. The Elite X Title defended in a Steel Cage match!

Copeland: Titus and Lars Reidar in the Main Event, it's next!

---

Harrys: The following match is to be contested in a Steel cage and is for the Elite X Championship. The winner will be the competitor who climbs over the cage and both feet hit the floor

Cohen: This is it Seabass, the main event is here.

Copeland: This ought to be a hell of a match

Broken Soul by Original Sin hits the PA system as Lars Reidar makes his appearance.

Harrys: Introducing first, the challenger. Weighing in at 275 pounds, The Broken Soul, Lars Reidar!!

Reidar begins his solemn walk down to the ring, never looking to the sides or behind. He looks focused and as he reaches the ring, glances up to spot the cage held high above the ring. After a moment, he continues his entrance and goes through the second rope, into the ring, waiting for his opponent.

Cohen: This man just might walk away champ tonight.

Copeland: Well, he’s gonna have to get past this man.

The main theme from Super Smash Bros Brawl hits and an eruption of cheers flows from the crowd. Titus makes his way out.

Harrys: And his opponent, weighing in at 215 pounds. He, is your Elite X Champion, Titus!

Tutus continues his walk down to the ring, glancing upwards he sees the cage suspended over the ring. Titus looks focused and makes his way down the ramp, stopping for a second to point to both sides of the crowd. Titus continues down the ramp and after doing a lap around the ring, enters to meet his opponent.

The cage begins to shudder to a start as it lowers around the competitors. Reidar and Titus are looking very intently at each other, neither man taking his eyes off of the other. The cage continues to fall as Titus hands over the title belt to the referee. The referee hols it up in the air and hands it over to the assistant at ring side, just before the cage is fully lowered. The cage lowers some more and eventually reaches it’s destination, surrounding the men inside it. The referee signals for the bell and we are underway.

The match begins slowly as both men size the other up. Moving in closer to each other, looking the other man in the eye, the size difference is more than noticeable. Reidar towers above Titus and after a moment of staring the other man down, the punching begins. Reidar hits a left hand on Titus, only for Titus to reciprocate. The men trade blows back and forth until Reidar finally comes out on top. Reidar backs Titus up with more punches to the jaw. Titus looks to mount some offense and attempts a clothesline. Reidar is aware of the danger though and ducks out of the way. As Titus turns aback around, Reidar hoists him onto his shoulder and sends him crashing into the steel cage.

Cohen: This match is going to be brutal. There are so many ways to hurt the other man in this kind of match.

Titus is strewn out on the mat as Reidar circles him. Reidar has a demonic look on his face as Titus begins to get to his feet. Reidar stalks him from behind as Titus nurses his face. Reidar picks up Titus and locks him into the torture rack. The face of Titus is flush with visible pain as Reidar applies more pressure the hold. From nowhere, Titus swings his legs round and nails Reidar with a DDT to take the bigger man down. With Reidar out on the mat, Titus begins to mount some offense and nails Reidar with a knee drop to the face. Titus climbs the turnbuckle and waits for Reidar to rise to his feet. As Reidar turns around, Titus launches himself from the turnbuckle and hits Reidar with a flying clothesline.

Copeland: Titus is using his speed well and needs to utilize it more if he is to come out of this one on top.

Titus begins to climb the ropes and onto the cage. Reidar is on the mat but quickly notices the climbing Titus. Titus is moving quickly but the pain in his back is noticeable. Reidar gets to his feet and punches the back of Titus. Climbing to the same level as Titus, Reidar hits a Russian Leg Sweep on Titus, laying him out on the mat. Both men struggle to get to their feet but eventually both men are up. Reidar hits some more punches to the face of Titus and hits a few European uppercuts. Titus attempts to try and lay a punch on Reidar. Reidar proves too wily though and blocks it and hits a swinging neck-breaker to Titus. Reidar raises him to his feet and drags him towards the cage.

Cohen: Reidar is going to use the environment to hurt his opponent here.

Copeland: And it’s all legal Jack.

Reidar grabs the head of Titus and scrapes his face from one side to the other across the cage, splitting him wide. The blood is flowing from the head of Titus as Reidar looks pleased with his work. Reidar returns to his work but Titus hits a drop-toe hold on Reidar, causing his face to be thrust into the cage. Titus takes some time to recover but quickly gets back to work on Reidar. Titus grabs the head of Reidar and reciprocates the gesture that Reidar did to him in the moments preceding it. Titus once again begins to climb as Reidar wipes the masses of blood from his face. Both men are showing the signs of being in a gruelling match and both a wearing a crimson mask.

Reidar makes for Titus and Titus notices him coming. Kicking out at Reidar, Titus attempts to ward off the advances of his opponent. Reidar can’t get close to Titus and looks frustrated. Titus launches himself off of the cage and nails Reidar with a flying clothesline. Titus gets to his feet and systematically stomps the ankle of Reidar. Titus locks in the ankle lock and Reidar howls in pain. Reidar makes an attempt to get to the ropes and eventually reaches them. Reidar is in anguish and is screaming to the ref to break the hold. The referee is having none of it though and tells Reidar that he can’t. Titus pulls Reidar back into the middle of the ring and settles the hold in once more. Reidar begins to tap on the mat but nothing can be done.

Cohen: He’s tapping Seabass, he’s tapping!

Copeland: But it means nothing, Titus has to get over the cage to win.

Titus releases the hold and Reidar immediately clutches his ankle. Titus gets to his feet and begins to climb once more. He is making progress but the pain in his back from earlier is evident as his climb is slow and laboured. Reidar needs to move and begins to will himself to his feet. Reidar is struggling to make his way to the cage and eventually does so. Titus is already some way up the cage and is just out of reach of Titus. Reidar begins to climb the cage and grabs the legs of Titus, holding him where he is. Reidar continues to climb and gets behind Titus on the cage. Locking his arms in the full nelson, Reidar hits the Sacrilegious Desecration. His impact is impaired somewhat however and does not have all of the desired effect. Titus is at one side of the ring and Reidar is at the other. Reidar is attempting to get himself to his feet but the damage to his ankle is visible. Reidar gets to his feet and stumbles around a little before making his way to the cage. Reidar begins to climb but his climb is very slow due to the damage to his ankle. Titus begins to recover and gets to his feet. Titus sees the climbing Reidar and instead of making a break for him, Titus begins to climb the opposite side of the cage. Reidar is a little more advanced than Titus and holds the advantage. Titus however, is quicker than Reidar and catches up with him. Both men are on top of the opposite sides of the cage. Reidar turns around to see Titus sitting on top of the cage and pulls his leg over the cage, Titus does the same and both en drop to the floor.

Copeland: Who won!?

Cohen: It was Reidar, it must have been.

The referee takes the padlock off of the cage door and consults the time-keeper. The time-keeper and the referee take a long time to discuss it. Reidar has made his way around the cage and looks solemnly at the referee. Titus, too, is looking at the discussion between the two men. The referee nods his head and places himself between the two men. The referee grabs the wrist of both men and after a moment, raises the hand of Titus.

Cohen: What!?

Copeland: Oh my God, what a finish! Titus retains in a hellacious match.

Harrys: Here is your winner and still Elite X champion, Titus!

Cohen: Ridiculous! A screwjob! A blatant screwjob! Reidar is screwed again, but damn it, he'll get what's his at All or Nothing!

Copeland: Ladies and gentlemen, don't believe for a second this is over, as the issues between these men can only escalate - and they'll blow up in the main event at All or Nothing, where these two men will be part of the six man elimination match for the world title! Thanks for joining us on this exciting broadcast, and we hope to see you next week!

Here's your very first broadcast of Ascension. Credit goes to Thunderball, Phoenix, and Ty, who all contributed to this show. Thanks for reading, and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back