• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ascension 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
John Doe steps out of the pitch black that occupies the boiler room in the bowels of the arena. A single light bulb hangs overhead, flickering as it swings side to side. The bloodstained handprint still rests atop his mask. He stands silent, staring through the camera. The voices of young children slowly fade in...

Children Of The Damned...
Hallowed be thy name...
Thy Kingdom Come...
Kingdom Come...
Kingdom Come...

Doe: Ty Burna! You may have taken your pound of flesh, but this war is not over. Wherever you rest your head tonight, know that this will never be done, as long as there's breath in my lungs. Just like the phalanx of Ancient Greece, every time one man falls, another will rise in their place.

A bone-chilling laugh escapes from behind the mask, as Doe grabs the pendulous light, ending its movement.

Doe: El Caidos. The dragon. You foolishly follow your misguided ally into a battle you are not prepared for. You've already fallen, losing your identity. If you appear in front of me tonight, you will be broken, both in body and spirit.

John's grip on the light bulb tightens, shattering it in his hand. The blackness again fills the room, but is quickly interrupted by the click of a lighter. The flame from a Zippo appears and disappears with each click, barely illuminating the masked man. A larger, more prominent flame appears behind John.

Dr. Zeus: Our will to fight will not be torn asunder
If you need help understanding your blunder
Just ask Theron, before I break his heart
You Phantoms whose Chaos we'll shatter apart!

Ty Burna has now imposed the sentence
For Fallout had to pay his own penance!
Our numbers will never dwindle, I say
For a third shall join the two here today!

As strong as its weakest link a chain is
We will be rebuilt anew, I promise this!
Our warpath will spread like a pestilence
Ty, Dragon, Theron will feel our vengeance!

Dr. Zeus steps into the frame, a lit torch fully illuminating himself and John Doe as they stand side by side, silent. The picture flickers and disappears.

[YOUTUBE]NRxrCBvt7TM[/YOUTUBE]​

Connor: A rather ominous message from Dr. Zeus and John Doe to kick us off tonight.

Cohen: Those two always manage to send shivers up my spine.

Connor: It appears that after his actions last night, that Fallout is no longer part of Zeus' plans.

Cohen: I don't look forward to whoever he brings in to strengthen his numbers.

Connor: Regardless don't go away folks, we have a big night ahead of us, newly crowned EurAsian champion Titus Avison takes on Matt Tastic in our main event tonight, but before we get to that we've got Vee A.D.Z. taking on a mystery opponent up next, you don't want to miss it.

Anderson: This next match is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]N14wMJz5uEY[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: Making his way to the ring, from Crawley, South East England, and weighing in at 185 pounds...His name is Vee! A! D! Z!

Vee walks onto the ramp carrying a sign that reads "63 Not Out Forever" and plays to the crowd as his growing fanbase cheers in response. He high fives some fans on his way to the ring, and stops ringside for a selfie with a group of kids, before leaping to the apron and somersaulting over the top rope. The crowd cheers again as the flashbulbs become blinding.

Connor: A resounding ovation for the rising star that is Vee A.D.Z., Jack! After an impressive showing in the King for a Day match at Kingdom Come, he seems no worse for the wear, and ready to take on whoever the surprise opponent may be.

Cohen: What was so impressive about his third place finish? He may look full of life now, but let's see what happens once he gets hit a few times. The wear and tear of that brutal match will show through then.

Connor: Also of note, Vee paying special tribute to his recently fallen friend, Phillip Hughes, former Australian cricket player.

Anderson: And his opponent...

The crowd murmurs in anticipation as the arena falls into darkness. A spotlight slowly fades in, revealing Vee's opponent to the crowd.

[YOUTUBE]js6TBze6vNA[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: From Sydney, Australia, weighing in at 210 pounds...Justin Cooper!

The crowd instantly pops for their fellow countryman's return, but eventually turn to boos as he flashes his cocky grin to the camera while slicking his hair back. He climbs the steps to the apron, and waves his hand, motioning for Vee to back up and give him his space. He circles the ring, smiling at the crowd, eyeing Selena up and down, before taking his spot in his corner.

Cohen: Yes! I could not be more excited, than I am right now! This is going to be a hell of a lesson for the young Vee A.D.Z.!

Connor: You said it, Jack! Vee couldn't possibly have guessed that Justin Cooper would be the surprise opponent!

The lights return, and both men are in their corners, primed, bouncing side to side, fists up and ready.

*DING*DING*DING*

Both men race to the center of the ring and touch fists, before circling the ring slowly. Vee tests his range with a couple short jabs, before connecting with a standing side kick to the ribs. Justin responds with a few combinations of his own, but Vee is able to brush them aside with no significant damage. Justin attempts a double leg takedown, but Vee reads it and reverses it into a front facelock where he connects with some swift knees, but has to break the hold as he's pushed into the ropes. Following a clean break, both men circle each other again, Cooper smiling all along.

Connor: It seems Cooper may have slowed a step! Either that, or Vee is quicker than Justin had thought.

Vee snaps off a straight kick, raising a welt on Cooper's chest. Justin loses his smile and catches the next kick, before planting a hard left jab on Vee's jaw, sweeping the other leg in the process, and achieving full guard. Vee pulls him in close, but Cooper still connects with some rabbit punches to the top of his head. Vee gets his feet into Justin's midsection, and creates space, where he can reach the rope, breaking the guard, and pulling himself to his feet. They circle each other again, Vee nodding out of respect at the veteran's skills. This time, there's no jabs, as Justin goes for a collar and elbow tie up, transitioning to a hammerlock, and using his size to create additional leverage. Vee reaches for the far ropes, but Cooper pulls him back, adding a grapevine for additional pressure! Vee reaches over his head, frantically trying to break the hold!

Cohen: Slowed a step? Are you serious? Look at that! The match has barely started, and he's already applied a submission, and Vee is too small to escape by traditional methods!

As the ref checks on Vee, Justin reaches, using the bottom rope to add additional torque to the already painful hold. He releases as the ref turns back to him, but grabs it again as the ref checks on Vee.

A! D! Z! A! D! Z! A! D! Z! A! D! Z! A! D! Z! A! D! Z! A! D! Z! A! D! Z!

The crowd gets behind the young superstar, willing him to be able to flip back, out of the move, but Cooper still has the arm! Cooper attempts to pull Vee back to the mat, but Vee answers with a kick to the exposed elbow, and then drops an elbow of his own across his opponent's chest! Cooper hurries to his feet, but Vee keeps the momentum at a rolling boil, crushing his skull with a Snap DDT followed by a somersault leg drop and a quick baseball slide to Cooper's face, rolling him out of the ring! Cooper jumps to his feet, but circle the ring, checking his precious smile for blood, and there's a trickle from his lip! The crowd reacts with a roar as Vee sits on the middle rope, pleading with his opponent to come back. Justin continues to circle the ring as the ref's count grows higher.

Cooper: I'm comin', ref! Back off!

Cooper climbs the steps, and climbs through the ropes, again blotting blood from his lip. Vee tries to rush into a hurracanrana, but Cooper reverses it into a jawbreaker, and now Vee is bleeding from the mouth! Vee takes a knee, wiping the blood from his lip, but Cooper doesn't give him any space, dropping a knee to the back of his head, and following with three quick elbows in succession to the neck and upper back of Vee A.D.Z. He pulls Vee to his feet and whips him off the ropes, leap frogging the return, and answering with a drop toe hold into a Boston Crab! Vee can't reach the ropes, and fails in two attempts to push up out of the submission hold! Cooper falls to a seated position, nearly folding Vee in half as the ref checks for a submission.

Vee: NO!

The crowd cheers the response, and Vee almost instantly squirms a leg free and nails Cooper with a series of heel kicks to the sternum, breaking the other leg free. Vee is barely to his feet, before Cooper attempts another double leg takedown! Vee tries to reverse this one as well, but falls backwards through the ropes, bringing Cooper out with him!

1! 2! 3! 4! 5!

Both men begin to stir at 5, wiping more blood from their mouths as the ref continues to count!

6! 7!

Connor: This match could end in a double count out! What a disappointment that would be for young Vee, trying to gain some footing on his rise up the ranks!

Cohen: Disappointment for Vee? Think about poor Justin! This is no way to make your grand return!

8! 9!

Vee nips up, and dives into the ring, breaking the count! He rises to his feet, and watches as Justin gets to his feet as well, and rolls under the ring, clearly not as full of life as Vee.

???: That was a close one, Vee. Not too smart on your part.

Connor: What is Cassanova doing here?

Cassanova drops the mic, and watches from the ramp, distracting Vee, as Justin surprises him with a series of chops, backing him across the ring, and then planting him face first with a Devil Lock DDT! He shoots the half, going for the first pin of the match!

1...2.KICKOUT!

Vee rolls away from Justin, who pleads with the ref to count faster. Both men rise to their feet simultaneously, and Vee connects square to the jaw with a roundhouse! Justin Cooper falls into the ropes, and facefirst to the mat!

Connor: He may be unconscious!

Cohen: Come on, ref! Haven't you ever heard of a clean break? Hold back that vicious attack dog, and make sure Mr. Cooper is okay!

The ref motions for Vee to move to the opposite corner as he checks on the fallen veteran. He calls for Selena!

Anderson: Ladies and gentleman, your winner...by knockout...VEE! A! D! Z!

Vee jumps to the top rope, celebrating with the crowd, as his music begins to play. Then he notices Cassanova angrily marching to the ring! Just before he gets to the steps, Cassanova stops, and points to his head, signalling that he's smarter than to get in the ring right now. Vee motions for him to bring it on, pointing at his own head as he backs up the ramp, jawing at Vee the whole way.

Cohen: Very smart of Cassanova to get into Vee's head here. He's not even dressed to fight, and Vee is egging him on!

Connor: Cassanova instigated it, by coming out here. He's not even scheduled to appear tonight! He had his match on Meltdown, and lost!

Cohen: We're not like some other companies, where wrestlers are brand exclusive, Cat. Cassanova can come and go as he pleases!

Connor: Either way, these two are setting the stage for a hotly anticipated match up down the road!

Justin Cooper springs to a seated position, shaking his head, before using the ropes to get to his feet. He shoves the ref off, and notices Vee celebrating as his music plays. He asks the ref what happened, not believing he lost, so soon after having complete control of the match!

Cohen: Let's hope Mr. Cooper is alright, and cleared to wrestle again next week! I don't want this to be the last we see of him!

------------------------

We go backstage where Noah Ryder can be seen looking over various note cards and talking to himself.

Noah: Remember, King for a Day isn't for the World Title. Got it.

Just as he finishes, Leon Kensworth walks up to him, though he doesn't appear ready for an interview.

Leon: Hello, Noah.

Noah: Hold on, I know you are you.

Ryder rummages through his notes, looking for the appropriate card. Leon appears to grow a bit impatient as he waits.

Noah: Leon Kensworth! The number one interviewer in the business. What can I do for you?

Leon: Thanks. I got word from Titus Avison that he would like to invite you to his locker room for a little chat. If you could head his way ASAP, he would appreciate it.

Ryder nods and shakes hands with Leon. Before he leaves, Noah places his note cards in his pocket and picks up his King for a Day briefcase and heads off.

Harrys: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]OnFlx2Lnr9Q[/YOUTUBE]​

Gino appears from the curtains, pizza box in hand. He stands for a while to soak in the cheers of the crowd, and puts his an eye-catcher to his mouth. He kisses the eye-catcher, as if to say this the greatest pizza ever.

Harrys: Introducing first, from Hells Kitchen, New York, weighing in at 215 pounds, Gino Galucci!

Connor: It took one hellacious move from Vee to take out Gino Galucci at Kingdom Come. A splash off the top of the pod!

Cohen: It was hellacious, but it leaves poor Gino with no extra dough in his pocket from Kingdom Come.

Connor: ....You're really proud of that one, aren't you?

Cohen: Proud of myself every day, Connor.

Gino scopes the audience for someone to give his amazing pizza. He notices a couple in the front row, and hands off the pizza to them both. He puts his hands to his lips, and the couple open the box to find a steaming pepperoni pizza. He jumps onto the top turnbuckle, and blows the crowd a kiss. He jumps into the ring, and awaits his opponent.

[YOUTUBE]R3QWkpyApkY[/YOUTUBE]​

The initials "RMK" appear on the tron, in glittery chrome. As the guitar kicks in, Keaton walks out with a confident strut. He holds up the Devil horns, and takes in the boos from the audience.

Harrys: His opponent, from Detroit, Rock City, weighing 225 pounds, Mark Keaton!

Connor:Mark Keaton, the man who admits to hating pizza.

Cohen:Is that why the crowd is booing him? Cat, how do these people know to boo him? How do we know he's the bad guy?

Connor:He hates pizza, Cohen. Face it; he's the bad guy.

Keaton offers a high five to the fans, but pulls away as quickly as possible, laughing in their face. He pulls back his hair, and slides into the ring. Referee Keith Morse brings the two wrestlers to the center, and starts to pat them down. He pats down Gino, and Gino offers a handshake. Morse goes over to check Keaton, who seems apprehensive. When he pats down Keaton, he finds a foreign object in the pocket of his leather pants! The crowd boos, as Keaton holds his arms in the air, as if to say "what?". KEaton be heard screaming "I didn't know it was there! I didn't know it was there!" Morse throws the object out of the ring, as the audience cheers. Keaton throws a temper tantrum, and stomps his feet on the mat, as Gino just looks on. Referee Keith Morse then calls for the bell.

*Ding, Ding, Ding*

Keaton regains his composure, and sizes up his opponent. He circles Gino, but then goes out to the ring, to the timekeeper. He grabs the microphone from Harrys, and screams out,

Keaton: "Hello, Boise Rock City!"

The crowd boos, as Keaton paces around ringside.

Keaton:"You know, before I take care of this Punk here, I just thought I'd take a moment to level with you. I know you came to watch me-"

A chant of We love pizza starts to pick up, which visibly agitates Keaton. He shows irritation, as the chant picks up more and more.

We Love Pizza! *clap, clap, clap, clap, clap* We Love Pizza! *clap, clap, clap, clap, clap*

Keaton:"Listen here, you ingrates. I'm the star, you're just some worthless posers who bought a ticket to watch my rise to stardom!

The chants grow louder.

We Love Pizza! *clap, clap, clap, clap, clap* We Love Pizza! *clap, clap, clap, clap, clap*

Keaton:If you don't shut your mouths-

Keaton:You know what? Fine! You guys don't get to watch my rise to stardom! Because you all are jackasses, I'm going home!

Keaton storms to the aisleway, and seems to be leaving the arena.

Connor:"Is...Is he leaving before his debut match?

Cohen:Can you blame him? They're being disrespectful!

Gino considers this, and gets an idea. He walks over to the corner, and signals for Harrys to come over. He whispers into Harrys ear. Keaton is already halfway up the aisle, before Harrys speaks up once more.

Harrys: Ladies and gentlemen, Gino Galucci would like to announce that if he is to defeat Mark Keaton tonight, you all will be treated to a free slice of pizza!

The crowd goes bonkers at this announcement, except for the one guy walking down the stairs of the arena, who has three slices of pizza in his hand. He just looks really annoyed. But everyone else is elated. Everyone except Mark Keaton. He is stomping on the ground and throwing a tantrum, ripping the white shirt off of his body. Finally, hands on his hips, he walks back to ringside, and rolls into the ring. The crowd boos, as he yells for them to shut up. The crowd is chanting for Gino, as Keaton runs at Galucci. He hits a running knee to the solarplexis, and stomps on him while he's down. Again, the crowd boos, but Keaton soaks them in.

Connor:And just like that, Keaton is on the offensive!

Cohen:I like this kid's aggression.

He goes down to Gino and starts to place him in a choke. Morse counts to break the hold. 1...2...3...4..... Keaton breaks the hold, and holds his hands in the air. The crowd boos, as Keaton goes to lift up Gino. But Gino has the wherewithal to throw a chop at Keaton's chest. Keaton recoils in pain, but Gino pulls back to punch him in the stomach. Gino now has the upper hand, which the crowd loves. Gino bounces off the ropes, and hits a high knee that sends Keaton down to the mat! Gino goes for a quick cover.

1... Just a one count!

Connor:It seems like Gino wants to end this early while the pizza is still hot!

Cohen:Sure, of course. What does he care? He won't have to foot the bill for this pizza, I bet. Entitled millenials.

Gino drops an elbow onto Keaton, and then a second. On the third, Gino blows the crowd a kiss. But as he jumps for the third elbow, Keaton rolls out of the way! Gino holds his elbow, as Mark Keaton makes it up to his feet. For good measure, he scuffs the side of his boot on Galucci's face, and sneers. Remarkable Mark Keaton lets Gino get to his hands and knees, and as he does, he gets in position for a camel clutch. He sits all of his weight onto Gino, and all of the air seems to leave his body. Mark stomps once more, before applying a Boston Crab. The crowd boos this, as Keaton jaw jacks with the audience. Gino writhes in pain, as Keaton ratchets up the pressure. He rises to his hands, to try and relieve the pressure, but Keaton just sits back more. Gino's face goes to the mat, as Keaton has a devilish grin on his face.

Cohen:Keaton is really taking it to Gino. This is no small feat, Cat!

Connor:Remember the punishment Gino took in that chamber at Kingdom Come. His body can't possibly be healed from that event.

Gino starts to crawl with his elbows towards the ropes, and Keaton tries to pull towards the center of the ring. Keaton stands up to try and bring Gino back to the center of the ring. But Gino takes this chance to roll through, and escape from the hold! He's on his hands and knees, holding his back, as Keaton looks to leg drop Galucci. But Galucci moves his head, and Keaton lands hip first on the canvas. Mark Keaton holds his butt, and Gino Galucci is back to his feet. He hits a dropkick on a seated Mark Keaton, and goes for a cover.

1...2...Just two!

Keaton crawls to the ropes, and aims to pick himself up by the ropes. But Gino has grabbed his legs, and is looking to the crowd. They cheer with approval, as Gino launches a kick right into the stomach of Keaton.

Let's Go Gino! *clap, clap, clap, clap, clap* Let's Go Gino! *clap, clap, clap, clap, clap*

Gino soaks in the admiration of the fans, and their cheers. He blows a kiss again, before picking Keaton up by his hair. He hits a vicious neckbreaker, that sends Keaton crashing to the mat! Again, he goes for a cover.

1...2...Two count!

Cohen: You really have to admire the grit of Remarkable Mark Keaton for not giving up.

Connor:I guess you could say his resilience is-

Cohen:Cat, don't even think about saying it, or I'll have you calling you calling matches on the Indy circuit so fast, your head will spin.

Gino measures up his opponent, sizing him up as he rises. Keaton rises up, dazed, as Gino runs to gain a head of steam. He leaps at Keaton for a Lou Thesz press, but Keaton moves out of the way. Gino careens at full speed, right into the turnbuckle. His head hits the top turnbuckle, and Gino is dazed. It's enough time for Keaton to set Gino up for a suplex. He turns around for the snap suplex, and Gino lands feet first in the turnbuckles. Gino seems racked in pain, as once again, Keaton is in control. Keaton decides to pull Gino back to the middle of the ring and go for a cover.

1...2...No, just two!

Mark is in the ref's face, complaining about the count.

Connor:You know, I never get why they complain to the ref. Do they think the ref's going to really overturn their count? They were wrong before, and now they'll change their decision?

Cohen:Saw it happen once, Cat. Saw it happen in Rio.

Connor:...no you didn't.

Cohen: I didn't, in the slightest. That was a blatant lie.

Mark, visibly frustrated, decides to untie the top rope turnbuckle. The referee admonishes Keaton for his insolence, but Keaton continues on. Morse tries to get in between Keaton and the turnbuckle, and Keaton pushes him away! But Morse pushes Keaton back, who's pushed right into a victory roll from Gino Galucci! Morse counts the cover.

Keaton rolls over, and counters the roll of his own. He grabs Gino's trunks!

1...2....The arms goes down for three...

But as the arm goes down, Keith Morse notices that Keaton has a handful of trunks! So he stops the count, and admonishes Keaton. Again, Keaton pleads innocence, and gets in the referee's face. He starts jaw jacking again, and complains to the referee. He goes to give Gino the Very Rude Awakening, and sets up for a neckbreaker. But Gino pushes him into the ropes! Mark bounces off the ropes, and walks right into a bent over Gino. Gino lifts Mark for the pepperoni slam and hits it, with an authority! He goes for a cover.

1...2....3!!!!

The crowd explodes, as Gino gets to his feet. Morse goes to raise the hand of Gino Galucci.

Harrys: Here is your winner....Gino Galucci!

Cohen:What a rip off!

Connor:Mark Keaton spent way too much time complaining to the official. And thanks to Gino, we're all getting free pizza!

Gino points to the crowd, and some of the members of the audience are screaming out for pizza.

???:Gino! Gino!

Out of the back comes Becky Serra, seemingly infuriated.

Becky Serra: Gino, you have no right to offer free pizza! We have a good relationship with the owners of Taco Bell Arena, and they are the distributors of the pizza. Do you know how long I was on the phone, trying to calm them down?! That's a huge amount of money, that we'd be on the hook for. So, no! Absolutely no free pizza for you all!

The arena shakes with thunderous boos. At ringside, a child cries at this. Mark Keaton holds the back of his head. He's sore, but still manages to laugh at the little kid. Gino Galucci looks crestfallen in the ring. He offers his apologies to fans at ringside, who seem understanding. The fans clap for Gino, who looks legitimately shaken by this.

Connor:I guess no good deed really does go unpunished...

Cohen:Give it a rest, Cat. He shouldn't have offered free pizza.

Connor:All Gino wanted to do was make sure the fans got an exciting match.

Gino nods his head. The crowd cheers for him, as he leaves.

------------------------

???: You know, I really thought that I was going to do the impossible at Kingdom Come...

The camera pans out to show a weary looking Cassanova sitting alone on some steps in the arena. With a towel draped over his head and some bruises still visible on his person, Cassanova raises his head to show his blackened eyes.

Cassanova: But I failed. I failed myself and I failed my fans.

The bookworm stops himself as he feels a lump beginning to emerge in the back of his throat.

Cassanova: Last night I went up against a returning superstar in M. And once again, I failed in my attempts to pick up that elusive win.

The bruised superstar stops himself before pulling the towel from his head; revealing angry features beneath bruises and cuts.

Cassanova: Well, it all stops now! M may have gotten the better of me last night but I assure you that it will be the last of it. I have a few “M's” for the WZCW faithful. Mission, Motivation and Malefic...

Cassanova gets to his feet now.

Cassanova: It's been a tough few weeks for me but I am going to prove to everyone that I have what it takes. I have a new mission in WZCW and with the right motivation, I can be the most malefic superstar in this company. I have one more “M” for everyone. Me! It's my time...

Cassanova tosses the towel at the camera as it fades to black.

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]-xA84aIAWEk[/YOUTUBE]​

Introducing first, from Culiacan, Mexico, weighing 180 pounds, El Caidos Dragon!

The crowd cheers as the lights dim low until a spotlight shines down to the middle of the entrance stage where El Caidos Dragon stands with his wings spread out wide. He stares up for a moment before turning around, throwing his wings back. He walks swiftly down the ramp to the ring, sliding under the bottom rope before climbing up to the second turnbuckle, spreading his wings out once more as the spotlight remains on him.

Connor: So the newly dubbed El Caidos Dragon, will be looking to exact some revenge here tonight for his rather tainted loss at Kingdom Come.

Cohen: He is just a freak in a winged suit Cat. Who does he thing he is? Batman?

[YOUTUBE]h_cfMTFebaE[/YOUTUBE]​

And his opponent, he is one half of the WZCW Tag Team...

Caidos wastes no time in charging up the ramp and meeting Doe. Doe throws his tag title belt, but Caidos ducks and the two begin to trade blows. They stand and trade rights and lefts, neither man backing down. Eventually Doe tackles Caidos and they tumble down the ramp to ringside, where referee Keith Morse orders them to get into the ring. They continue to roll around the ringside area, each man getting in two or three shots before the other is able to reverse position and gain the upper hand.

Connor: Obviously no love lost between these two men.

Cohen: And after the events of Kingdom Come, who can blame them?

Eventually Doe subdues Caidos long enough to grab a chair from under the ring. He lifts the chair high over his head and swings down at his foe, but Caidos rolls out of the way. Once he is on his feet, the former El Califa Dragon dodges another wild swing. On the third swing, Caidos manages to catch Doe with a kick to the midsection, causing him to drop the chair. Caidos then rolls him into the ring, where the referee quickly calls for the bell.

*DING! DING! DING!*

Connor: And finally we are officially underway in this matchup.

Caidos connects with a swift kick to the back of a seated Doe, softening him up. He then runs and flips over Doe, smashing his head into the ground on the way over, a picture perfect throwback. He rolls back into a quick cover...
One!
But it isn't nearly enough to keep Doe down, as he easily gets the shoulder up. Caidos waits for Doe to sit up and then begins to unleash some kicks to the back. Two, three, four, five kicks in total to the back before he allows Doe to stand. He then unleashes a kick to the leg, catching his opponent off guard, before he Irish whips him into the turnbuckle. He unleashes a devastating knife edge chop, followed by a stiff punch, followed by a second chop, then a second punch. He continues this Violent Flurry until Doe staggers out of the corner. He then connects with a devastating roundhouse kick to the head. The former tag team champion ascends to the top rope and waits for Doe to regain his wits. Once Doe is on his feet, Caidos leaps and connects with a side thrust kick. He hooks a leg..
One!
Two!
Kick out at two by the champ, but Caidos almost seems happy in his movements as he is back on his feet, waiting for Doe to stand.

Connor: Jack, did you expect Caidos to try to end this one so quickly?

Cohen: We always expect a quick pace from Caidos, but I would have expected him to try to savor and draw out the beating a little longer.

Once Doe begins to stir, Caidos grabs him by the head to drag him to his feet. Doe fights back with some shots to the midsection, but is unable to prevent Caidos from maintaining control. He tosses Doe into the ropes, and leapfrogs him off the rebound. Doe is wise to it however and immediately turns and connects with a clothesline to put Caidos down and give Doe a few moments to gather his wits. He rubs his lower back before he advances on Caidos. He kneels next to him and begins to fire off piston like right hands, forcing the ref to step in and warn him about the closed fist shots. Doe stands and puts his hands up to signal he is listening to the ref, but he quickly grabs Caidos by the left leg and drops a big elbow onto it. He then starts to stomp away at the leg, doing his best to target the knee area. He then pulls Caidos closer to the turnbuckle, where he hops to the second rope and jumps down with both feet onto the knee. With Caidos slamming his hand into the mat in pain, one can only wonder what sort of sick smile must be on the face of Doe under the mask. He grabs the same leg and pulls Caidos away from the ropes and locks on the Iowa Cloverleaf! Caidos is in trouble, and the champ leans back and applies more pressure to the hold.

Cohen: Smart strategy on the part of Doe here, to target the leg of El Cadios and take away the speed advantage.

Caidos crawls toward the bottom rope, Doe fighting with him, but eventually Caidos is able to reach and and just get his fingers on the bottom rope, forcing a break. Doe keeps the hold applied as referee Keith Morse steps in. ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR! FI-Doe releases just before the count of five. With Caidos clutching the bottom rope, Doe grabs him by the injured leg and lifts him in the air, before slamming it back down into the canvas. Doe then stands on the knee region, before he jumps down and again lands on the knee. Caidos is in obvious pain as he grunts and moans in pain, and Doe now seems to be enjoying himself. He backs away, taunting Caidos, urging him to stand. The former tag champ uses the ropes to get to his feet, where Doe begins to launch big forearms to the face of his opponent, backing him into the corner with the shots. Once in the corner, the champ begins to use his boot to choke the life out of his foe. Again Doe uses the full referee's count before he relents. With Caidos collapsing in the corner, Doe follows up with a running face wash. He pulls Caidos out of the corner and hooks the leg...
One!
Two!
Th-Two is all he gets as Caidos kicks out.

Connor: So Doe has taken over, completely grounding Caidos.

Doe grabs Caidos by the mask and lifts him to his feet. He begins to tear at the mask, which seems to anger El Caidos, who comes alive with stiff forearms of his own. The two men start to trade shots again, this time in the center of the ring. They each have a hand on the other mans head and are just trading blows, neither man backing down. Doe, by virtue of being the bigger man, uses his strength advantage to shove Caidos away, into the ropes. Caidos uses the ropes to springboard and connect with a dropkick however. He then points to the sky.

Connor: And it looks like the dragon is ready to take flight.

Cohen: He looks to be having some trouble making his way to the top rope though.

Caidos shakes out his leg as he climbs to the top, the damage done earlier in the match clearly taking its toll. Just as he reaches the top, he calls for the Dragón de Vuelo. He stands, just as Doe gets to his feet and throws himself into the ropes, crotching Caidos. Doe then climbs the turnbuckle and sets up Caidos for a big slam. With some adjustments he readies him and connects with a superplex from the top rope. Doe takes a moment to collect himself before he calls for the end. Just as he is ready to set up The Word Of LaVey, an unnamed woman comes running down the ramp.

Cohen: What the hell is this?

???: Stop this Michael!

The woman clearly has an effect on Doe, who moves away from Caidos and climbs outside the ring.

???: This isn't you!

The woman has tears in her eyes as she screams at Doe. Doe simply stalks her around the ring slowly advancing on her.

Connor: Whoever this woman is, she appears to have struck a nerve with Doe, as he is completely ignoring the match, despite being in control.

Cohen: The ref is already at a count of five, and Caidos is stirring inside the ring. He better get his head on straight. Well as straight as someone like Doe can get it.

Doe backs the woman into the barricade, where she is still screaming and pleading at him. He raises his hand to her, only for El Caidos to launch himself through the ropes and take Doe out. The two begin to brawl once again, with the woman looking on screaming at Doe, continually calling him Michael.

The two continue to brawl despite the warnings from the referee, who finally reaches a count of ten and calls for the bell.

Ladies and gentlemen, the referee has counted both men out, resulting in this match being a no contest!

Connor: Well both men have been counted out, but neither appears to care.

Cohen: the bad blood between these two run deep, and I doubt either will care that they aren't victorious. They look as though they just want to beat the hell out of each other.

Caidos and Doe continue to brawl, throwing fists, forearms, kicks, anything they can, just beating the tar out of each other while the unknown woman screams at Doe to stop. Eventually road agents and security pour out from backstage and restrain the two as we go to commercial.

------------------------

Noah Ryder walks backstage, gym bag over his shoulder, and stops at a door with a gigantic star on it. The star reads, in a bold black font, TITUS AVISON. Noah sighs, and digs in his pocket for a key. He gets the key, and fumbles it through the keyhole. Noah opens the door, and is instantly pulled to the graphics around him. The room screams Titus; the walls are adorned with pictures of Titus' greatest accomplishment. The wall is also adorned with title belts Titus has won in the best. Handlers surround Titus, as he talks amiably on his cell phone. He's lacing up his boots, paying no mind to his visitor.

Titus:Why, yes, Jennifer Lawrence. I dare say it was a wonderful time. Next time you aren't traveling the world, you give me a call, ok?

Noah walks towards Titus, waving his hand to grab his attention. Titus, with an unchanging expression, simply holds up one finger in the air, the universal sign for "one minute". Titus' face turns to a big smile.

Titus:Uh huh. Ok. You take care, k? Of course. Ta.

Titus hangs up, and continues to lace his boots. After a moment, Noah speaks up.

Noah:Uh, Titus, my name is Noah Ryder. I hear you wanted to see me?

Titus:Yes, yes, please. So, you're Noah Ryder, huh?

Noah looks a little flummoxed, before offering a nod of his head.

Titus: Yes, yes. I've heard of you. New guy in town, so to speak. I've watched you, you're good. Of course, you're no Titus, but I guess we all can't be Titus Avison, can we?

Noah:No, no...I suppose we all can't be, can we?

Titus:Of course not. Now, I say that if you're going to be a part of WZCW, someone should take you under their wing. Show you the ropes, dress together. Hell, maybe drive up and down the country together. And a guy like you can certainly help from a bit of wisdom from a guy like me.

Noah ponders this, as Titus' handlers surround Noah.

Noah:I see. And just to be sure, this would have nothing to do with the fact that I hold the KFAD briefcase, would it?

Titus gives an exaggerated laugh, which unnerves Noah.

Titus:Goodness me, is that so? Why, here I was just thinking I was helping some poor schmoe. Is it true that you are in fact King for a Day?

Noah:Yes, yes I am.

Titus:Well, what a happy coincidence. No, I had no idea. Now, you understand that you are King for a Day. I've been King for very many days...Noah, is it? Yes, I've been King for quite some time. And I became king the honorable way...I never stole it under someone's nose...

The room is deathly silent, as Titus shoots a glare at Noah. Titus gives another wide grin.

Titus:But no, I had no idea you were King for a Day. But tell me, Noah...if you did intend to cash in your briefcase, you'd be sure to be a sporting man and let me know...

Titus stands up and goes toe to toe with Noah. The crowd begins to gasp, as they size one another up.

Titus:Right?

Noah is silent once more, as he considers this. His readjusts the bag on his shoulder, and turns his shoulder to the door.

Noah:Sorry, Titus...but the way I see it, I think I should keep my cards close to the chest. Have a good night, Titus.

Noah walks out of the room, leaving Titus to fume. We see Noah Ryder walk out of the hallway...in the distance, one can see a figure in the shadows. The figure moves out of the darkness, to reveal the Mandroid, SHIT...

Anderson: The following match is scheduled for one fall, and is a six-man tag!

The crowd cheers in anticipation as the lights go down. When the red and white lights start flashing through the arena, their cheers turn to loud boos.

[YOUTUBE]Auuqlcom6tM[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: Making their way to the ring first, weighing in at a combined 525 pounds and accompanied by their manager, Brittany O' Shea...They are Men! Of! Mayhem!

The boos get louder as Brittany exchanges words with the fans at ringside, before the three all enter the ring and pose.

Cohen: Logan and Eddie seem ready as ever!

Connor: Eddie? You mean Armando?

Cohen: Nope. He goes by Eddie now.

Connor: Okay, then...

[YOUTUBE]tMlKmELIhgY[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: And their teammate, hailing from Bollywood, India...The "Showbiz" himself...VeeJay!

The boos subside and are replaced with mild cheers from the crowd. VeeJay makes his way to the ring, smiling, clapping hands with a few outstretched hands, before rolling into the ring and posing on the turnbuckle for the crowd.

Connor: I'll tell ya, Jack...It doesn't seem the crowd is too fond of Veejay, for teaming with this hooligans. How do you think it's affecting his psyche, heading into the match?

Cohen: The fans don't know what they're talking about. Brittany's men are honorable men, and Veejay is lucky to have been placed in a tag match with them, so soon after returning.

Connor: None of these three experienced any success at Kingdom Come, but Veejay did receive some words of encouragement from Hall of Famer Showtime.

Cohen: And he stole his music! No words of encouragement needed for Men Of Mayhem! They'll be just fine without the platitudes.

Veejay takes his place in the corner, avoiding Logan and Eddie.

[YOUTUBE]Gz2GVlQkn4Q[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: And their opponents! Making his way to the ring first, from Minneapolis, Minnesota, weighing in at 222 pounds...He is the reigning King For A Day..."The Unforgettable" Noah Ryder!

Noah explodes through the curtain, holding his newly won King For A Day briefcase high. He moves to the bottom of the ramp, high-fiving every fan along the way. Logan and Eddie call for him to enter the ring, even holding the ropes open, but he just stops and points to his head, being too smart to fall for their ruse.

Cohen: Not his usual smiling self, Cat.

Connor: After what we just saw between him and the EurAsian champ, I can't say I blame him, Jack.

Anderson: And his partners!

[YOUTUBE]XqrpANUF4no[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: From the lap of luxury, the gentlemanly insect, and friend to all...elegANT!

elegANT enters the arena, waving to the crowd, but not with the same enthusiasm as always. He does the usual, shaking everyone's hand, but his demeanor shows he is clearly distracted. Noah finally enters the ring with elegANT, but there's no theatrics in the ring from either man.

Cohen: Well, here's Noah and elegANT, but neither man seems to be on his game tonight. And where's their partner?

Connor: We covered Noah, but I'm not sure what's got elegANT troubled, unless he knows something about The Beard that we don't.

Logan and Eddie immediately exit the ring, forcing Veejay to start. elegANT does the gentlemanly thing, and offers to start for his team.

*DING*DING*DING*

elegANT stops mid-ring and offers a handshake to Veejay, who gladly accepts. They circle each other, ignoring the taunts from Brittany on the outside. A collar and elbow tie up is easily won by Veejay, who backs elegANT into the corner, and gives the ref a clean break. elegANT walks out of the corner, stretching his arm, and attempts an Irish whip that fails against the much larger opponent. Veejay reverses, sending elegANT across the ring, crashing into the turnbuckle and sending him to his back. elegANT pops to his feet, but is met with hard lefts from the Bollywood actor, and then taken down with an arm drag into a key lock. Noah claps from the corner, egging the crowd to get behind the ANT.

elegANT works his way to a knee, and elbows out, sending Veejay off the far ropes, and connecting with a crossbody that hardly budges the big man. He connects with two straight dropkicks, barely staggering Veejay, before using a rising knee lift to topple him over the top rope and out.

As the ref counts, elegANT looks on, and fails to see Logan enter the ring. Logan connects with a short arm clothesline, leveling the masked man, and then retreats to his corner.

Veejay gets to his knees, and slides under the bottom rope, and notices his opponent on the mat. He questions the ref, who questions Logan and Eddie, who deny any wrongdoing.

Connor: Those rats!

Cohen: If Veejay won't do what it takes to put these guys away, then they will!

Veejay helps elegANT to his feet, and is greeted with a handshake. Veejay accepts, and tags in Eddie, who doesn't see elegANT run the ropes to take him down with a Lionsault! elegANT remains on top for the pin!

1...KICKOUT!

elegANT pulls Eddie to his feet, and sends him into his team's corner, before charging in after him, connecting with another rising knee, landing on the second turnbuckle, and raining punches down on Eddie's forehead!

1! 2! 3! 4! 5! 6! 7! 8! 9! 10!

Eddie stumbles out of the corner, punch drunk, and elegAnt lifts him, cradling him in his arms like a baby! He rocks him back and forth, as Noah pleads with the crowd to hush!

Cohen: Is...Is he rocking him to sleep?!

Connor: It appears so!

Brittany has seen enough and screeches at the top of her lungs.

Brittany: Wake up, damn it!

Eddie jolts to life, but elegANT slams him down, hooking the leg!

1...2...KICKOUT WITH AUTHORITY!

elegANT is sent through the ropes as Eddie sits up, shaking out the cobwebs. Logan pleads for the tag, with Brittany shouting from the outside. Noah stomps his foot, clapping, as the crowd cheers elegANT.

1...2...E-LEG-ANT! E-LEG-ANT!

3...4...E-LEG-ANT! E-LEG-ANT!

5...6...E-LEG-ANT! E-LEG-ANT!

elegANT stirs to life, and rolls into the ring, breaking the count. Noah stretches as far as he can, begging for the tag. Simultaneously, elegANT and Eddie dive to their corners, tagging in Noah and Logan.

They two men meet in the middle of the ring, trading lefts and rights as the crowd fills the arena with competing "OOHs" and "AAHs". Noah blocks a wide right, drops to a knee, and uppercuts Logan, sending him reeling backwards. Noah keeps the heat on with a straight kick to the jaw, and then takes him to the mat with a swinging neckbreaker! The pressure continues as he locks on a headlock, cranking on the neck of the larger man. Eddie cheers on his teammate, while Veejay calls for the tag, but is just out of Logan's reach. Logan stretches out a leg, and barely gets through the ropes, breaking the hold!

Noah rises to his feet, taking a fighting stance, waiting for Logan to get to his feet, but Logan rolls out of the ring to regroup with his team. Brittany uses a towel to wipe some sweat from his face, and Eddie pats him on the back while Veejay looks on.

Logan: Shut up! I'm coming!

Logan uses the stairs to get to the apron, locking eyes with Noah. Noah raises both hands making the "come and get it" motion, enticing Logan to step over the ropes and charge into a sleeperhold! Logan reaches back, grabbing Noah by the hair, and yanking him over the top and slamming him to the mat. The ref admonishes the hair pull, but Logan brushes past him, and starts putting the boots to the downed amnesiac. Noah tries for the ropes to break the onslaught, but gets a hard kick in the ribs sending him into the ropes, but not through. The ref steps between the two men, forcing Logan away.

Logan shoves the ref aside, and drops to a knee, hammering Ryder with right hands, drawing blood from above his eye! elegANT enters the ring to break it up, but is held back by the ref. Eddie takes advantage of the distraction, and the two men combine for the M3! Ryder is motionless on the mat as Logan and Eddie taunt the crowd! The ref forces Eddie to the apron, as Veejay shakes his head in disapproval. Brittany smiles, clapping with enthusiasm as her boys take control of the match.

Connor: The numbers game seems to be catching up to Noah and ANT. Where is The Beard?

Cohen: I'm not sure, but if he doesn't get here soon, he may as well not come!

Logan plants his foot in Noah's chest, and steps over him slowly, pushing all 275 pounds onto the downed man, before falling back and lazily hooking a leg for the pin!

1...2..SHOULDER'S UP!

Noah barely gets the shoulder up as Logan appears stunned. He tags in Eddie, and they whip Noah across the ring, knocking him back down with a double clothesline. Logan leaves the ring, and Eddie slaps Veejay in the chest, effectively tagging him in.

Connor: What a display of teamwork on Armando's part!

Cohen: It's Eddie now, and I know! What a gentleman!

Connor: They teach sarcasm, where you went to school, Jack?

Veejay begrudgingly steps through the ropes, allowing Noah to get to his feet. Noah responds with a punch/chop combo, stumbling Veejay, and then slamming him to the mat with a Blue Thunder Bomb! He keeps the legs hooked!

1...2.KICKOUT!

Veejay rolls away, before charging back at Noah, but it greeted with a running Sling Blade! Both men spring to their feet, Veejay purely out of instinct, but is snapped in half by a Half and Half Suplex from the King For A Day! Eddie charges into the ring to break up the momentum, but is met with a Blue Thunder Bomb of his own followed by a standing moonsault leg drop! Noah springs to his feet, and instantly connects with a standing dropkick to Veejay! Logan charges into the ring, but is flattened by a forearm smash off the top by elegANT! Noah and elegANT stand tall in the ring, back to back, fists raised, as all three of their opponents exit the ring!

Cohen: It's a good thing they were able to get out of there! Those bullies were double teaming!

Connor: How typical of Logan and Armando! As soon as they lost their edge, the tucked tail and ran!

Cohen: EDDIE!

Brittany collects her team on the outside as elegANT offers Noah a handshake in the ring, before taking his spot on the apron. Logan and Armando circle the ring, taking up their spots on their corner of the apron, as Veejay climbs the steps and enters the ring, circling Noah Ryder.

He attempts a collar and elbow tie-up, but Noah wins this one easily, converting it into a headlock, and connecting with the BLACK OUT! Noah goes for a press pin!

1...2...FOOT ON THE ROPE!

Veejay barely escapes the pin as the ref's hand was coming down for three! Noah is in shock, as both men rise to their feet. Veejay shoves Ryder away, into the ropes, and runs for the far ropes himself. As he comes back to Ryder, Logan drives a knee to Noah's back, dropping him to a knee! Veejay stumbles over him, and to the outside, but Logan steals a tag!

Logan leaps over the top rope, dropping a knee across the back of Ryder's head. Ryder braces himself, but Logan stomps on his hand, before applying a wristlock, and tagging in Eddie. Eddie enters, sizing up Noah before driving an elbow into his lower back, and then applying a wristlock of his own, tagging Logan back in. Logan tries to do the same, but Noah shoves off Eddie, and surprises Logan with a BLOW RYDER! Eddie gets a BLOW RYDER too, and Noah collapses to the mat! The ref checks on Logan and Noah as Eddie rolls under the ropes, crumpling to the mats below.

1!

The crowd is completely behind Noah, cheering for him to get to his feet. He stirs to a knee momentarily.

2!

Logan still hasn't moved, but Noah is on both knees, using the near ropes to pull himself up.

3! But Noah is on his feet!

The crowd roars as Noah raises a fist to the sky!

Cohen: What's this? Is that The Beard? What is he doing here!

Connor: Yes he is! He's in this match, and he's just in time to save his team!

Cohen: Are those...Zubaz?

The Beard runs down the ramp and steps to the apron, reaching his hand as far as his 6'6" frame will allow! Noah sees him, and dives, barely touching fingertips, but the ref okays the tag! The Beard climbs the turnbuckle, and dives for a FLYING BEARD but Logan rolls out of the way! He tags in Veejay who has just gotten to the apron, and Veejay steps through the ropes, pulling The Beard up by his beard, and propping him on his shoulders! VICTORY LAP! He hooks the leg!

1...2...3!

Anderson: Here are your winners, The Men of Mayhem and Veejay!

The crowd is stunned, as is elegANT and Noah!

Connor: A valiant effort put forth by Noah and elegANT, but the numbers of two against three were just too much for them to overcome!

Cohen: Is that the definition of too little too late, or what? The Beard thought he was the saving grace, and there he is taking the three count! Not even those horrid pants could save them!

Connor: What's next for the Bearded Ants? I'm sure they'll be fine as a team, but this is a second big loss in a row for them! And what about the King For A Day, Noah Ryder?

Cohen: You said it, Cat. King For A Day. Something tells me Noah will be alright. I'm more interested in seeing just how Men Of Mayhem capitalize on this win!

Connor: And Veejay?

Cohen: Him too.

------------------------

We cut backstage to where Becky Serra is marching through the corridors. In her hand, her phone lights up her face as a smile begins to appear.

Voice: Becky! Wait!

Becky spins around to reveal Leon Kensworth standing behind her with a cameraman in tow. The smile on Becky's face grows wider as Leon approaches. Putting her phone away, Becky waits for the obvious questions to arrive.

Kensworth: I wanted to ask you a few questions, if you had some time?

Serra: Of course you did, Leon. Why else would you be chasing me through the halls of the arena with a camera pointed in my face. But it's not surprising. Ascension is quickly becoming the place to be. Bateman is crazy if he thinks he can keep up with what I'm putting down.

Leon excitedly ushers the cameraman into place as he pushes a microphone towards the Ascension General Manager.

Kensworth: Well, we had heard that you were close to announcing the first two men would join John Constantine and Mikey Stormrage in the Brawl to End Them All at Apocalypse. Do you have any more information on that, first of all?

Becky's smile widens as Leon asks her, what she deems to be, the correct question.

Serra: Absolutely, Leon. In fact, I am on my way right now to meet up with both of the aforementioned superstars. Both men have been allowed to pick their first team mate and that news is going to break right here on Ascension. Who knows who it could be but you're going to hear it here first.

Kensworth: Wow! That's big new-

Suddenly, a few security staff from the arena appear into shot as the interview is unceremoniously interrupted. Becky looks less than pleased but that is only trumped by the look of sheer disgust on Leon's features.

Security: Ma'am, I am sorry to disturb you but we have a security threat that you should know about.

A look of grave tension appears on the Ascension GM's face as the security members ushers her away from the camera

Security: We have heard reports from certain people in attendance here tonight that there is an unknown presence here tonight. A man in a mask of some sort. As of yet, we have been unable to track him down and we don't even know if it is a substantial claim. But we just thought you should know...

Serra: Yeah, I appreciate it. Leon, I have to go unfortunately. I'll catch up with you a little later.

The camera opens on a pair of well-taken care of legs, shiny from just being lotioned. The camera slowly pans up, revealing the owner of said legs, Ascension General Manager, Becky Serra.

Serra: Ahem! Mikey!

The camera turns and finds John Constantine and Mikey Stormrage standing in opposite corners of her office, Mikey clearly distracted.

Serra: My eyes are up here, Mikey! I don't have long, so I need to know who you guys are picking as the first members of your teams for Apocalypse.

Constantine: When you prepare for war, you stock yourself with the best weapons. The biggest weapons.

The Power Trip shoots Mikey a glare. Mikey is still distracted.

Constantine: Abel Hunnicutt! He's on my team.

Serra: Noted. Mikey? For your team?

MIKEY!

Stormrage: He picked Abel? Well, I have the perfect guy in mind. His name starts with a "G", and he holds multiple victories over Abel already. That man is-

Just then, the smell of perfectly cooked pizza wafts into the room, again distracting Mikey.

Stormrage: Gino Galucci! Get in here! Man, I love me some pizza!

Gino enters the room, open pizza box in hand, puzzled look on his face. Mikey snatches a slice from the box, eyeing it as if it were a busty blonde across the bar.

Stormrage: You're going to be delicious! Now get in my belly!

Mikey takes a huge bite, ignoring the task at hand.

Serra: Gino's never beaten Abel, Mikey! What are you talking about?

Galucci: Wait? What's going on?

Stormrage: Welcome to Team Stormrage, pizza dude! You may not hold any wins over Abel, but you sure know how to make a good pizza!

Serra: That does it. Constantine has Abel. Mikey, you have Gino.

Constantine: He wants to treat this like a joke? So be it. I'll expose him as the joke he is at Apocalypse.

Constantine knocks the box from Gino's hand and slams the door behind him as he leaves. Mikey shrugs, shoving what's left of the slice into his mouth.

Harrys: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]JVhDfzV941E[/YOUTUBE]​

Ramparte comes out with his hair masking his face. He passes by the WZCW fans without so much as a glance at them. He crawls into the ring and perches himself on a ring post. He brushes the hair from his eyes, gives the crowd a fleeting look, and breathes in the boos. The Recluse then gives his lips a lick and hops off.

Harrys: "Introducing first, From [redacted], Ramparte!"

Connor: Despite coming out unsuccessful in the Elite championship three-way at Kingdom Come Ramparte has a great opportunity tonight to show how successful he can be in singles competition.

Cohen: Ramparte has always been a great competitor, a creepy one, but also a great one. Now that he doesn’t have the other members of Cerberus holding him back he’ll surely make it to the top.

[YOUTUBE]JyX7dHmaRlA[/YOUTUBE]​

Garth aggressively walks out on stage chugging a bottle of water. He finishes it, and then looks into the camera and says “Hey Eve, I’m going to do what you did, but better”. He slowly climbs into the ring, acknowledges the crowd and then proceeds to stare a hole through Ramparte.

Harrys: From the last chance Saloon, Garth Black!

Connor: On the other end of the spectrum Garth scored a huge over Abel Hunnicutt at Kingdom Come and is making his presence felt in the eyes of the Elite Openweight champion Eve Taylor.

Cohen: This conspiracy theory nut in no way shape or form deserves a title match. Hopefully Ramparte puts an end to that tonight.

The bell rings and Ramparte immediately charges at Garth but he has him scouted. Black ducks under a wild right hand and immediately goes for a quick rollup but Ramparte kicks out at one. Both men pop up and the recluse is met with a kick to the gut followed by Garth. The veteran follows up with a Russian leg sweep and then repeated shots to Ramparte’s face. The recluse rolls to the outside apron in an attempt to escape but Garth refuses to let up. He pulls him up by the hair but Ramparte hits him with a European Uppercut and then contorts Garth’s body into a Tarantula. The ref gets to the count of four before Ramparte lets go of the hold. He keeps Garth in the corner in a seated position and puts a foot choke on him until the ref once again gets to a count of four. He then pulls Garth to his feet and gives him repeated European uppercuts until the ref forces him to let up.

Connor: Ramparte showing a very vicious side of himself tonight, and the usual type of vicious we see from him….

Cohen: Like I said Ramparte is out to send a message to anyone who thinks of less of him and Garth is paying the price.

Ramparte then proceeds to hit a flapjack on Garth but the veteran lands on his feet. Ramparte gets up and is met with a hurricanrana sending him halfway across the ring. He pops right back and Garth tries to flip him over with a judo throw but it’s Ramparte landing on his feet this time and nails him with a snap suplex for the pin 1…2…Garth kicks out. Ramparte then follows up with a hammerlock attempting to wear Garth down. The ref asks if Garth wants to give up but he refuses and Ramparte just applies more and more pressure. The fans start to get behind Garth and eventually he is able to power his way out but Ramparte is still in a more favorable position as he delivers multiple foot stomps to the arm. He picks Garth attempting to hit the Book End but Garth delivers multiple elbows to the back of Ramparte’s head causing him to break the hold and give Garth some separation. Instead of taking some time to recover Ramparte immediately charges at Garth who gives him a back body drop but the recluse lands on his feet outside the ring on the apron. Ramparte then hits a springboard leg lariat that lands picture perfect on Garth….or so we think! Garth catches one of Ramparte’s leg and rolls through the move, with Ramparte on his stomach Garth bends Ramparte’s leg forward straight into the Black Death!

Connor: What a counter by Garth, he’s applying maximum pressure for that submission hold!

Ramparte is screaming in pain and he begins crawling his way towards the ropes. Garth is pulling back as hard as he can though to stop a rope break. The ref is asking Ramparte if he’s ready to give up but he refuses, but he can also tell with Garth’s body weight on him he’ll never make it to the ropes in time. He instead grabs onto the previously targeted arm of Garth and locks in an armbar variation while Garth is still bending back the legs. Two submission holds are going on at once and the ref doesn’t know what to do!

Cohen: Major kudos to Ramparte for being able to counter a submission with a submission, but who will tap first?

Both men are in incredible pain but neither wants to tap out. There’s no way either of them can make it to the ropes and neither wants to let go of their hold. They make eye contact and begin delivering multiple headbutts to each other. After repeated smashes to the head they’re both forced to let go out of sheer pain. They each roll to opposite sides of the ring as the ref checks to make sure they’re okay. Garth makes it to his feet with an injured arm and very soar head. He charges at Ramparte who ducks a wild clothesline but hits a Bookend out of nowhere! He hooks the leg 1…2…Garth kicks out! Ramparte smashes the mat in the frustration and then begins to set Garth up for the Denouement. Garth reverses into a back body drop but Ramparte lands on his feet. His injured leg causes him to flee to the nearest turnbuckle and Garth immediately follows up with a Getting on the Wagon! He then whips Ramparte into the opposite corner, follows up with a ten punch combo, a kick to the gut, and then a monkey flip!

Connor: Twelve Step Program complete!

The fans are on their feet as Garth is signaling for Black Out. Ramparte is almost to his feet but suddenly music begins to play on the titantron.

[YOUTUBE]ZJL4UGSbeFg[/YOUTUBE]​

Garth looks up the ramp hearing Eve Taylor’s music and the split second distraction leads to Ramparte nailing a kick to the gut followed by the Denouement! He hooks the leg 1..2..3!

Harrys: And here is your winner, Ramparte!

Cohen: Brilliant, what a win by Ramparte!

Connor: If it weren’t for Eve Taylor Garth would have had this match won!

Ramparte has his hand raised in victory and immediately rolls under the bottom rope limping up the ramp, he passes Eve on the ramp and two share a look before going their separate ways. As Garth is recovering in the ring Eve enters it and hits the Fashion Statement! She then raises her championship over a knocked out Garth as the fans boo!

Connor: Cerberus may be done but you would never know it with collusion such as that.

Cohen: Convenient timing is all, Garth should have seen this coming after his disrespect on Metldown.

1Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, this match is scheduled for one fall!

Cohen: What a main event we have in store for you all tonight, ladies and gentlemen. Matt Tastic and Titus are two of the most decorated superstars to ever grace WZCW and, tonight, they go one on one. It really doesn't get much bigger.

Connor: Correct, Seabass. These two had mixed fortunes at Kingdom Come but both will be keen to secure a win heading into Apocalypse, that's for sure.

After a moment or two, Matt finally appears on the stage in front of the Australian crowd, who seem more than pleased to see him. Matt gives them a wave and a smile as he walks down to the ring with a massive cup of coke and some popcorn. As he makes his way down the ramp, he takes handfuls of popcorn and tosses them into the crowd with another smile.

Anderson: Introducing first, weighing in at 238 pounds... The Super Saiyan of Pro Wrestling, Matt Tastic!!

Connor: Well, Matt certainly looks pleased to be here tonight. You might have been forgiven for thinking that he would have been upset since his loss at Kingdom Come.

Cohen: If I were a betting man, I would assume that Matt is just happy to have gotten all of the bad blood out of the way with Mikey. Now the two of them can go back to being the best that there is.

Matt completes his walk to the ring before going up the steps and into the ring. Once there, he takes one final drink of his beverage before placing it down delicately on the metal steps on the outside of the ring. He mounts the turn buckles and gives the fans a salute in response to their great reception. After ju,ping down, Matt waits for his opponent.

The fan reaction to Titus is immediate but not exactly something that Titus is used to as the boos come thick and fast. Titus finally appears on the stage with the EurAsian Championship sitting perfectly around his waist. Titus offers the booing fans a laugh before removing the EurAsian Championship from his waist before hoisting it into the air.

Anderson: And his opponent, weighing in at 225 pounds... The EurAsian Champion and WZCW Hall of Fame Superstar... Titus!!

Cohen: Well, that is a disturbing thing to see. The old hero of WZCW has become something that he used to fight against. But, I suppose, the results of said character shift are plain to see as he holds them high in the air.

Connor: Well, Titus proved to everyone that he is determined to carve a new legacy for himself in WZCW and he put Johnny Scumm to the sword as a result of it. The real question is whether Matt Tastic will fall victim to the same fate...

Titus finally lowers his Championship before heading down to the ring. Once he reaches the bottom of the ramp, he too goes up the steps before getting into the ring. Titus storms past his opponent before mounting the turn buckle and showing the Australian fans his new Championship.

Cohen: What an interesting match up we have right here for you to close out the show, ladies and gentlemen. Titus has been on such a roll in recent months but hasn't quite come up against someone as good as Matt Tastic.

Connor: With so many people waiting in the wings to take that Championship from Titus, it will definitely be interesting to see what he can muster up against Matt.

Both men wait for the bell and when it finally rings, the two former Heavyweight Champions begin to circle the ring. As they come together for the first time in the match, Titus drops to one knee and immediately takes Tastic down with a Russian leg sweep as he goes around his back. Titus springs back to his feet and waits for Tastic to recover. Tastic quickly rises again but only falls victim of an arm drag that sends him sprawling across the ring. One more time, both men get back to their feet as the fast=paced action continues. But once more, Tastic is caught by a hip toss this time as Titus covers him for the first time in the match. The referee makes the count but can only manage a count of 1 before Tastic kicks out and both men get back to their feet once more. Titus slowly backs off of Tastic as he offers him an arrogant smile that sends the crowd into a state of pure anger. Booing immediately begins to rain down on the EurAsian Champion as both men come together once more. This time, it is again Titus who gets the better of the exchange; landing a swift knee to the gut of the man who lost to Mikey Stormrage at Kingdom Come and then taking him down with a DDT that is full of impact. Titus gets back to his feet and offers the crowd a wave of his hand as begins to enjoy himself out there.

Connor: What a great start from the EurAsian Champion, Seabass. We thought Titus may have had a little bit of rust after the non-event that was his match at Kingdom Come. But right now, he is showing everyone that he is ready to take on the very best that WZCW has to offer.

Cohen: Indeed he is. But let's not forget that Titus is almost a Grand Slam Champion; just the same as Matt Tastic is. This is a match between two greats who can pull of the win at any and all costs and opportunities.

Titus waits for Matt to start to get back to his feet before focussing his mind on the matter of beating him and away from the response of the baying crowd. Titus grabs Matt by the hair and begins pulling him back to his feet. But he is caught off guard as Matt uses his shoulder to ram him into the nearby corner of the ring. As Titus' body collides with the corner, he lets out a pained yell as Matt begins to go to work on him. Matt continues to use shoulder and drives it into the gut of Titus to good effect. Shoulder after shoulder connects as Matt begins to turn the match in his direction. Matt stands upright before peppering Titus with some stiff right hands to the face. Matt Irish Whips Titus across the ring and immediately follows him; nailing him with a beautiful splash that takes Titus down in the corner. The crowd comes alive as Matt backs his way across the ring, never taking his eyes off of the EurAsian Champion who lies slumped in the corner. Matt runs at Titus and nails him with a running knee that may have sent some teeth flying. Pulling Titus from under the bottom rope, Matt looks to make his well-earned advantage count by finishing the match right here. He covers Titus but the referee only manages to get a count of 1 before the WZCW Hall of Fame Superstar can get his shoulder off of the canvas.

Cohen: I feel as though we say this all of the time, and Titus should know better than that, but you cannot take your eyes off your opponent in WZCW. Matt Tastic is the kind of wrestler who will punish any mistake and Titus just made a big one.

Connor: And what's more, he has surrendered the momentum in this match and now has to be patient to see if he will be able to resist the attacks of Matt Tastic. This has already been an absorbing contest and I see it continuing.

Matt gets to his knees and runs his hands through his hair as Titus begins to stir on the canvas. Matt takes a deep breath before grabbing Titus by the hair and pulling him back to his feet. Matt backs him up with a few knife edge chops to the bare chest of the EurAsian Champion until his back is resting on the ropes. One more time, he whips Titus across the ring. Titus hits the ropes and returns to Matt; who is looking to nail him with an overhead belly to belly. But as Titus finds himself in the grasp of the Super Saiyan, he quickly puts his leg around and blocks the move from even taking place. Matt stumbles backwards as Titus attempts to trip him and as he does, the referee's view is obscured. Using his new found passion for dirty tricks, Titus rakes at the eyes of Matt and immediately follows up with an European Uppercut and then a swinging neckbreaker that takes Matt Tastic back to the canvas with impact. Titus quickly puts his arm over the lifeless body of his opponent as the referee counts the fall once again. The crowd watches on with a hushed spirit as the referee counts... 1... 2... Kick out from the Immortal One! A collective sigh of relief goes through the arena as Matt gets his shoulder up and Titus, this time, is the one who gets to his knees and ponders just how he is going to be able to put this match away.

Cohen: What a topsy turvy match we have had here so far. But it has to be said, that it seems as though this match is being dominated by the EurAsian Champion. Matt can't seem to find the answers to the questions that Titus is posing to him.

Connor: Having spoke to Titus on numerous occasions in his career here, I don't think I have ever seen him so passionate about his plight in WZCW and really cementing the legacy that he is going to leave here. This is just another chapter in that story, Seabass!

Titus wastes little time turning Tastic over onto his stomach and signalling to the crowd that he is going to break the ankle of his opponent. One more time, a volley of booing comes from the fans as Titus hastily grabs at the ankle of the Grand Slam winner and hoists it into the air, Twisting it with all of his might, Titus allows a venomous look of rage and destruction to cross his features. Tastic struggles against the move but it is locked in deep and Titus is showing no signs of allowing Tastic an easy ride to the bottom ropes. The crowd quickly turn from booing Titus to cheering for Matt to make it to the bottom rope. Slowly but surely, Matt begins crawling towards the bottom rope and is just about to reach it when Titus pulls him all the way back into the middle of the ring. Titus looks to re-apply the hold but Matt is ready for him and immediately rolls him up with a small package pin! The referee immediately gets in position to count the fall as the crowd bursts into life once more; counting along with the referee! 1... 2... Kick out from the EurAsian Champion. Titus pops out of the pin attempt and stares at Matt, who is struggling to get back to his feet too. Titus jumps to his vertical base and runs at Tastic; looking to nail him with a clothesline. But Matt dips out of the way of Titus' arm and then plants him with a beautiful Overhead Belly to Belly! Tastic hits the canvas along with Titus and pulls himself on top of the EurAsian Champ, looking to put this match away! 1... 2... Kick out one more time! The crowd cannot believe it!

Cohen: That is testament to just how much Matt Tastic puts into every match in a WZCW ring. Just when you think that it cannot get any worse for him, he turns it around and finds his way back into the match. Really impressive stuff.

Connor: A lot can be said about both of these men, Seabass. It has been an utterly absorbing contest so far and these fans are letting both men know what they think about their performance at every opportunity.

Matt gets off of Titus as he grabs at the ropes in an attempt to pull himself back to his feet. When he eventually does reach a vertical base, Matt looks down at Titus before grabbing his hair and pulling him back to his feet also. Matt backs Titus up into the corner of the ring and heads across the ring one more time. The fans get to their feet in expectation; recalling the destruction that Matt caused earlier in this same predicament. Matt gives the crowd a taint before focussing on the EurAsian Champion and beginning to run across the ring towards his opponent. However, just as Matt hits his stride, his ankle seems to give way from under him. Matt tumbles to the canvas and then onto one knee. Titus, although groggy in the corner of the ring, notices the weakness in Tastic and immediately runs towards him, nailing with a vicious boot to the face and turning him onto his stomach one more time. The crowd seem to hush as they know what is coming from the EurAsian Champion. Titus grabs the ankle of his opponent again and levers it around as Matt reaches towards the bottom rope that face onto the ramp.

Cohen: This has got to be it, Cat! Titus has taken that ankle apart with those holds. And even though Tastic gives his all at every opportunity, you have to believe that he will value his career over one match here tonight.

Connor: Titus has that hold locked in tight and I don't see any way out this one for Matt.

Suddenly, the tron at the top of the stage flickers from pictures of the action inside of the ring to a very different thing altogether; the face of the King For A Day winner, Noah Ryder. Ryder is smiling as the camera backs away from his face to reveal the same door to Titus' dressing room as before. In the ring, Titus continues to hold onto the ankle of Matt until he finally realises what is going on. Dropping the leg of his opponent, Titus moves towards the ropes as he stares into the eyes of the man that he was fuming with only moments ago.

Ryder: Hey, Titus! First of all, I wanted to thank you for your invitation to your dressing room tonight. It takes a lot for someone like you to bring in someone like me, I get that.

Titus continues to look up towards the screen with a look of confusion on his features.

Ryder: But I also need to thank you for reminding me what was important tonight. It isn't about pictures on your walls and old Championships in a cabinet. It's all about the Championships that you wear today. You tried to fool me into not cashing my briefcase in on you and I get that. But as I headed back to the regular locker room, I happened to meet up with someone who did have intentions for your Championship...

The camera back off some more to a point where we can see The Mandroid S.H.I.T walk into shot. Titus still looks confused but his confusion is soon overtaken by anger as Ryder appears to pull the key to his locker room from his pocket. A smile crosses the features of the King For A Day winner as he gladly hands it off to the man who beat Barbosa at Kingdom Come. The crowd cheer loudly as S.H.I.T gladly accepts the key and opens the door to Titus' locker room. Titus rages in the ring as crashing and banging resonates from the lavish locker room. Ryder winces with every crash as Titus becomes more and more angry.

Cohen: Oh no! The Mandroid, S.H.I.T is tearing apart the locker room of the EurAsian Champion and there is nothing that Titus can do about it!

Connor: Watch out!

Suddenly, Titus is spun around by Matt Tastic, who then nails him with the coke spit and then rolls up the temporarily blinded EurAsian Champion! The referee gets into position to count the fall as the crowd goes crazy! 1... 2... 3! This match is over!

Cohen: I do not believe what I have just witnessed here tonight. Titus was well in control of this match until Noah Ryder distracted him and cost him the match.

Connor: This is not going to be good for Ryder or for S.H.I.T! But Matt Tastic has done what he does best and made the most of the weakness in Titus' game. Matt picks up the win but Titus is not going to stand for this by any means.

Anderson: Here is your winner... Matt Tastic!!

With that, Titus rolls under the bottom rope and begins sprinting towards his locker room through in the back of the arena, only stopping for a moment to look at the victorious Matt as the referee raises his hand in the middle of the ring. But Titus seems to care very little about the match as he disappears through the curtain and out of sight. Matt staggers towards the ropes for support as the fans in the arena give him a massive pop.

Cohen: Matt Tastic manages to pick up a win here in the main event as we head towards Apocalypse. But that is all we have time for this week, folks. We will see-

Connor: Wait a minute!!

From behind Tastic, the same masked man who was wondering the arena earlier on comes streaming into the ring and nails the Super Saiyan of wrestling with a steel chair to the back. With Tastic on the canvas, the masked person continues to nail the Immortal One with chair shot after chair shot until Matt is completely immobilised. The crowd are completely stunned by what is going on but some pockets of the crowd are already booing loudly. The masked person grabs the ankle of Matt and puts the already bent chair around it. Hopping up onto the corner of the ring, the masked man seems to be telling the crowd that he going to finish what Titus started earlier on. Thankfully, however, security comes running down to the ring, causing the man to jump down off of the turn-buckle and out of the ring altogether. The masked man jumps the barricade and begins sprinting towards the exits as security chase him down. In the ring, Matt lies motionless as the referee checks on his status.

Cohen: What have we just witnessed...

Connor: I'm speechless.

Fade to black...

Credits:

Yaz: El Caidos vs. Doe, segments, part of opening
Dave: segments, Titus vs. Tastic
Dynamite: Black vs. Ramparte, segments
Haiku: Gino vs. Keaton, segments
NSL: 6 man tag, Vee vs. ???, segments, other part of opening

Hope you guys enjoyed the shows this round. Rep the guys for their hard work. Big thanks and congratulations to NSL for his first round on creative. Look for the boards to go up in the next day or so. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back