AS56: El Califa Dragon vs. Matt Tastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Ascension will kick off its proceedings with a purely exhibition match between the two men who have expressed interests in the Eurasian champion Rush who is absent this week. Both men hold victories over him and are looking for title opportunity however, they must get through each other first before a decision can be made about who Rush's opponent will be for title come Unscripted.

And who is Califa Dragon?

Deadline is 11:59pm Central Time, Wednesday 28th November. Extensions as per thread.

Stacey: He doesn't even speak English!

Dave: I've seen his promos, he speaks it just fine.

Stacey: That's not what Klamor says.

The scene opens to Stacey Madison standing in Big Dave's office at WZCW headquarters, a look of disdain on her face while Dave has a smirk on his. Stacey shakes her head before flipping her hair back and sighs loudly.

Stacey: Fine. I'll do it. Where are we meeting?

Dave: This might interest you.

Dave flips through some papers before producing a reservation ticket. He promptly hands it over to Stacey and she flips over the ticket and her eyes widen.

Stacey: Seriously?

Dave: It was his request. Now go, it's not often you get to interview such an enigma, and considering our roster that's saying something.

Stacey looks down at the ticket before biting her lip slightly. A smile creeps on her face before placing the ticket in her bra.

Stacey: Whatever you say boss, I'm just looking forward to the free meal.

The camera fades out as Stacey walks away while Dave picks up the phone on his desk. It returns later that evening outside of a five star restaurant as a limousine pulls up along the restaurant. The driver exits before walking over to the other side, opening the door where Stacey walks out in a long black evening dress, her arms covered with long black gloves. She promptly walks up to the door man, producing the reservation ticket from earlier. The door man looks down at the ticket and nods his head, motioning Stacey into the building. Upon entering she looks across the room and easily spots the person she is looking for. She glides across the floor and walks up to the table, El Califa Dragon sitting there with a slightly modified mask, allowing his mouth to be seen while wearing a full business suit. He looks up at Stacey and he nods his head towards her, standing and pulling a chair out for her.

Califa: Buenas Noches.

Stacey: Yeah....Bueno Nachos, whatever.

Stacey takes a seat as does Califa. The waiter comes up to the table and sets down two menus, folding his hands in front of him afterwards.

Waiter: Would monsieur like to order a bottle of wine?

Califa looks at the menu for a few moments before looking back up to the waiter.

Califa: Una botella de Romanée Conti por favor.

Waiter: I beg your pardon sir?

Waiter: I'm sorry sir, I don't speak Spanish.

Stacey watches the exchange continue before an annoyed look forms on her face. She sighs and sets her menu down before looking to the waiter.

Stacey: A bottle of Romanée Conti.

Waiter: Ah yes, an excellent choice m'lady. I shall bring it shortly.

The waiter walks off as Califa stares him down the whole way to the kitchen. He shakes his head as he turns back to Stacey.

Stacey: So, Caliba was it?

Califa: It's Califa actually. It's Spanish for caliph which means...

Stacey: Don't care.

Califa: My apologies.

Stacey: I'm intrigued though, I wasn't expecting this setting for an interview. I was expecting you to drag me to some broken down ghetto in Tijuana or something.

Califa: The people of Tijuana would just assume you were my girlfriend if they saw us walking down the street together.

Stacey suddenly gets an incredulous look on her face from Califa's response. She crosses her legs and her arms as she stares down the masked luchador.

Stacey: Oh so that's what this is about. You know there's a rule against fraternizing with the interviewers.

Califa raises his arms and waves his hands apologetically.

Califa: Lo siento, Lo siento. I did not mean it that way señorita. I was merely stating that my popularity in México and your beauty would lead my people to believe it to be true.

Stacey quirks an eyebrow towards Califa and begins to respond when the waiter walks up with a bottle of the wine Califa attempted to order previously. He pours two glasses full and sets the wine off to the side.

Califa: Gracias, señor.

The waiter looks towards Califa with an odd look before looking over to Stacey.

Waiter: Are you ready to order yet?

Stacey: No I need a few more minutes, Caliba?

Califa: Califa.

Stacey: Whatever.

Califa sighs and shakes his head before looking up at the waiter, the waiter with an annoyed look on his face. Califa speaks and shockingly covers up his accent.

Califa: Ribeye, medium, baked potato and your vegetable medley.

The waiter looks shocked at Califa's ability to speak English. He quickly jots down the order and spins on his heels and walks away.

Stacey: So if you know English so well, why don't you just speak it all the time?

Califa: Because it is not my language. Spanish is what I choose to speak. It is the language of my people.

Stacey: Getting back to earlier, why didn't you drag me to Mexico for this interview?

Califa: I always aim to make an impression amiga. I figured you'd want to sit at a nice restaurant rather then another meaningless interview in front of a locker room somewhere.

Stacey: It is a nice change, though you don't seem to exactly fit in here.

Califa: There has been much said about my identity Stacey. They wonder who I truly am, so if I am to be this unknown, I may as well be as the chameleon, always changing who I am. I decided tonight I would be a high ball five star restaurant patron. You know, the rich guy persona.

Stacey stares across the table at Califa before laughing, her laughter filling the room as Califa watches her stoically.

Califa: ¿Qué es tan gracioso?

Stacey: That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

Califa: Is it? My adversario this week..

Stacey: Yes, what about your opponent this week? You both have somehow cheated Rush out of victories in the last two weeks. Your achievement doesn't seem so great now does it?

Califa: I defeated one of WZCW's champions, any victory of that nature is more then glorious enough to be praised. No, as I was saying, my opponent this week, Matt Tastic. He seems to have no problems changing his identity at whim, so why cannot El Califa Dragon?

Stacey: Because Tastic is lost all his marbles years ago, you seem to be somewhat still there in the head.

Califa: Perhaps, though to know ones opponent is to become the opponent. Regardless of the strategy, I want my shot at Rush and the Eurasian Championship. I must defeat Tastic by any means necessary.

Stacey: And what makes you think Rush won't come and destroy the both of you anyway? He's got a bone to pick with both of you and a man of that size usually has free reign on what he can do.

Califa: That is easy Stacey, if Rush makes his presence felt, then he shall feel the wrath of the dragon. He hasn't been able to put me down, for the dragon is forever rising!

Stacey: Oh please, you got lucky in your first match, and you're lucky the refs pulled him away last week during the battle royal. The moment he gets his hands on you you'll be skinned alive.

Califa: How so? The dragon's scales are stronger then even the strongest blade.

Stacey: I.....you know what never mind.

The waiter returns and takes Stacey's order as the scene fades away briefly before returning to after the meal has finished. Stacey has a satisfied look on her face as Califa sets his fork down on his plate.

Stacey: So Caliba.

Califa: Califa.

Stacey: Whatever, so I want to know, who are you really?

Califa: I am the man you see before you.

Stacey: No I mean, everyone wants to know who you are. Everyone thinks you're a former star, so tell me, who are you really under that mask?

Califa looks towards her and shakes his head, adjusting his mask slightly as he sits back into his chair.

Califa: I am El Califa Dragon! I am the soul of México and the dragon that breathes life into my people. I carry the legacy of the Aztec warriors and the lineage of the Mayan people.

Stacey: And no one cares. Now come on, who's under the mask?

Just then the waiter comes up with the check. Califa takes it and removes his wallet. As the waiter walks away Califa places a few crisp bills inside the small book and sets it on the table. He stands and smooths his tuxedo out before looking towards Stacey.

Califa: I hope you don't mind, but I must be off.

Stacey looks up at him, holding a glass of wine in her hand as she replies back sarcastically.

Stacey: And I was so enjoying your company. Thanks for picking up the check. I hope Rush doesn't crush your bones too badly.

Califa: You'll be pleasantly surprised amiga when I'm the Eurasian Champion. Buenas Noches.

Stacey: Yeah yeah, nachos and whatever, bye.

Califa smirks before walking away from the table. The waiter returns and picks up the book and walks to the register. He opens it and quirks an eyebrow. He soon walks over to Stacey who has a blissful look on her face as she finishes the rest of her wine.

Waiter: Madam?

Stacey: What do you want?

Waiter: I'm afraid we don't accept pesos.

Stacey: What are you talking about?

The waiter shows her the opened book revealing three one hundred pesos bills sitting atop the check. Stacey grits her teeth before screaming at the top of her lungs.

Stacey: Damn you Caliba!

The scene shifts to Califa just outside the restaurant, a chuckle escaping him as he hears Stacey's scream.

Califa: It's Califa, and everyone will know the name of the dragon that will conquer WZCW.

The scene fades out as Califa walks down the street and into the distance.

8:36PM EST November 27. 2012 - SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Family, fans and fellow boxers said goodbye Tuesday to Hector "Macho" Camacho at a memorial and wake for the slain former world champion fighter known for his flamboyance in and out of the ring.

Camacho was shot on Nov 20 parked on his car with a friend outside a bar in Bayamon, his hometown. The friend died at the scene and the boxer three days later after doctors removed him from life support. Police have said they have suspects but have not yet arrested anyone for the shooting.

Many a celebrities and known athletes of the country attend. Including pro wrestler, Matt Tastic. The media did not pass up the chance to interview him.He finds himself set for an interview with Puerto Rico's #1 TV show.The man, Hector Travieso. The... "woman" La Comay.

comay+superexclusivo.jpg

Llellellellellellellellellegamos!!!

Bienvenidos al show numero uno de Puerto Rico! SupeeeeerXclusivoooo!!

Para rapido. Ponme tension. Ponme tension. Hoy tengo..... Aqui en el estudio. Un invitado especial.

Tiralo al medio, Comay. Tiralo al medio.

Como todos saben, la apenada muerte de el "Macho" Camacho atrajo mucha gente. Familia, amigos. Y celebridades. Entre esas, encontre a alguien que se veia un poco fuera de sitio.

Tiralo al medio, Comay. Tiralo al medio.

Hector, a ti te gusta la lucha libre?

Pues..... Un poco, si. A quien viste? Armando Paradyse?

.....um..... No. A quien vi fue a MATT TASTIC!!!!

The studio is filled with the sound of fanfare as lights flicker on and off to the revelation.

Matt Tastic? Que hace el aqui en Puerto Rico?

Se te olvido que el es Boricua, Hector?

Pues si. Si Comay.

VAMOS CON EL!

Matt enters the studio. Arms crossed. He doesn't seem all that pleased. A chair is brought for him to sit in and he's given a mic.

Wow. Matt Tastic, the pleasure is-

Hablo español perfectamente bien, Hector.

Oh. Ni sabia que eras Boricua.

Y porque es eso tan importante?

Como que porque? Matt, tu eres Boricua. Pero no lo pareces para nada.

Y que importancia tiene eso, Comay?

Tu fuiste al funeral de "Macho" Camacho. Tu sabes de su carrera. Tu sabes que apesar de ser criado en Nueva York, el siempre salia presentando la bandera Puertorriqueña con todo orgullo. Lo que me pregunto es, porque no lo haces tu? Tu eres el deportista puertorriqueño mas destacado de hoy dia. Mas que Miguel Cotto, mas que Javier Culson, mas que Jose Juan Barrea, mas que cualquier otro. Pero si nadie le da con buscar en Wikipedia sobre ti jamas se enterarian que tu eres de aqui.

Matt hesitates to respond. Looking at the mic and then at his interviewers before answering.

Todavia no le veo la importancia. Yo soy una persona como cualquier otra. Puedo ser de donde sea. La India, Japon, Africa, eso no cambiaria que soy yo. La gente de este pais no le deberia importar si su heroe nacio aqui. Si para ser un heroe en este pais tengo que andar pintado con la bandera Puertorriqueña prefiero no ser ningun heroe.

Es decir, te consideras mas una persona mundial que de aqui.

Exacto. La verdad es que este pais esta con mucho daño. Juventud corroida, governo inefectual y gente demaciada egoista. Pero son con quien me crie. Eso no me lo pueden quitar. Pero la realidad es que ser puertorriqueño nunca influencio las decisiones de mi vida. Si hay alguien que piense lo contrario, que odio de donde vengo, esa persona esta siendo ignorante y no saben lo que un verdadero heroe es.

Bueno, gracias por tu tiempo. Era una duda que queria aclarar y bien que lo hiciste. Gracias por tu tiempo. Se te aprecia mucho.

Gracias a ti Comay.

=======================================

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee'reeeeeee here!!!

Welcome everybody to Puerto Rico's #1 show! SuperXclusivo!!

Great. Let's start things quickly. Put on some tension, put on some tension. Today.... I have someone very special in the studio.

Say the name, Comay. Say the name.

We all know about the sad death of "Macho" Camacho. It brought friends, family and celebrities. Well I found someone in particular at his funeral that stuck out.

Say the name, Comay. Say the name.

Hector, do you like wrestling?

A little. I guess. Why? Who'd you see? Armando Paradyse?

....um.... No. The guy I saw was MATT TASTIC!!

The studio is filled with the sound of fanfare as lights flicker on and off to the revelation.

Really? Why would he be here in Puerto Rico?

Did you forget he's from here, Hector?

Well yeah. Completely.

Well let's bring him in!

Matt enters the studio. Arms crossed. He doesn't seem all that pleased. A chair is brought for him to sit in and he's given a mic.

Wow. Matt Tastic, the pleasure is-

I'm perfectly fluid in both spanish and english Hector, please.

Oh. OK. Personally, I didn't even know you were Puertorican.

Why's that so important?

Why? Matt, you're Puertorican but not a single soul could tell.

Again, why is that so important?

You were at the funeral. You know how proud he was despite being raised in New York. How proud any athlete from here is of this place. But with you, you'd have to look it up on Wikipedia to know. But you're easily this country's top athlete. Bigger than Miguel Cotto, bigger than Jose Juan Barrea, bigger than Javier Culson, bigger than anyone.

Matt hesitates to respond. Looking at the mic and then at his interviewers before answering.

I still don't see why that's important. I could from anywhere. Japan, India, Africa, that would not change me at all. I am who I am. The people here should not be concerned if their hero is born here. A hero is a hero no matter what. If what I need to do to be a hero to my countrymen is to drape the flag over me than I may as well not be a hero to anyone at all.

So you consider yourself a citizen of the world rather from one sole country.

Exactly. Look, this country's youth is messed up. The politics too. But it's still where I grew up. You can't take that away from me. But where I'm from never influenced who I became. And if anyone thinks I'm being disrespectful or otherwise, they are being ignorant and do not know what a real hero is.

Well, thank you for your time. We appreciate you coming in and clearing anything. You are a hero to all and no one can take that.

No, thank you.

The scene reopens with both Matt and Alisha walking outside the studio and through Old San Juan. The beach-side breeze blowing, the beautiful landscape surrounds them.

Are you mad?

About what?

The murder.

Yes. Yeah, I am.

You should let it go. It happens.

That seems to be the problem with this place. It happens. Drugs, shoot outs, what the hell happened here?

Do you hate this place?

Nah. The country isn't the problem. It's the mentality of the people. We can't change that so easily. And me draping the flag over me won't do any good.

Sounds like Rush.

Really? How so?

No matter how much you talk to him, there's just no getting through to him. He's dead set on his belief that he's doing is the right thing. He's closed his mind from others. He's patriotic to his mentality.

Matt buts his arms in the back of his head as they continue to walk. Thinking on Alisha's words.

Hm. I guess you're right. Betcha he'll be all grumpy this week because I beat him. Still, though. I haven't had enough. I want him one more time. This time to beat him decisively and hopefully to finally wake him the fuck up. I remember him pretending to have another heart attack in the ring pretty damn vividly.

Matt and Alisha get to the airport. Preparations to return to the states for this weeks shows begins. Matt prepares to face a faceless foe. El Califa Dragon. A relative unknown who's fluid in Spanish and holds high respects for his nativity as a Mexican. A polar opposite to the high profile Matt Tastic who has just been called out for not being all that caring about his origins. Who will rise above to face Rush though?

Soooo.....? What do ya say?

The scene re-opens on a WZCW office. Matt Tastic finds himself in front of the desk of Meltdown GM, Big Dave discussing current issues.

For now, a title match with Rush is out of the question.

What? Why? I beat him.

Yes, but you aren't the only one who's done that.

That El Califa fellow.

Exactly.

I'm got him this week. What if I beat him?

It's still to take under consideration, Matt. Please don't pressure me. There's plenty of time.

OK. Just be warned that I'll do anything to get Rush one on one at the PPV.

You sure do sound confident. How sure are you that this mystery Califa Dragon won't surprise you?

Why is his identity so important? I don't need to know who he is to beat him, Dave. I just need to Deliver Kickassery and pin him 1-2-3.

I don't know. He's a very clever one. He's done nothing but surprise us since showing up.

And? You know me. I am Super Saiyan. A Determinator. A Man-Beast Machine. It takes a lot more than a few secrets to beat me.

Alright. Just watch out for his trick.

Oh, please Dave. Tricks are for kids. All I know is Califa is some proud guy from Texas who's all patriotic about Mexico. That's great and all. But great warriors aren't made by their countries or backgrounds. They're made from their decisions in life. Califa learned to love Mexico, well that's great. I learned to love fighting. Now here I am. If he want's his shot at the EurAsian Championship, well that's swell. But he'll only get that after me. Because it's going to take a lot more than vague Spanish promo's and sneaky moves to get past me. And no amount of mysteries could ever change that.

Alright. Well good luck out there. I'm sure you'll do great.

Point out when I ever do badly.

Matt walks out of the office. His match with El Califa Dragón is set. His plans to face Rush again, mobilized. But can he accomplish his goals? As ready as he may be, with a free roaming Rush hanging around, chances of interference are high. And while Matt may have his mind in the right place, he's facing a crafty opponent. One instant can change everything and Rush WILL look forward to once again damage his opposition. Can Matt persevere? Find out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back