AS50: Steven Kurtesy vs. Showtime Cougar (WZCW World Heavyweight Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
As per the ruling of WZCW Owner, Ty Burna: the WZCW World Heavyweight title will be defended in the main event on the 50th Anniversary of Ascension. Steven Kurtesy and "Showtime" Cougar will be locking up for the third time in their careers under singles competition where both men are one a piece. This will not only settle the score as a tie-breaker but the winner will be walking out of Ascension as the World champion. However, will it be Kurtesy who retains or Showtime who finally reaches the title he's been after for so long?

Deadline is Tuesday, June 26th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Motives.

Everyone's got at least one: it's the only way to properly direct your life and decide what you want as an end result. Sticking with one sounds easy enough but when a second, third or even a seventh one get thrown into the mix, it can become very difficult to balance all your motivations and choosing which is more sacred and important to your overall goal. The pressure of it all has led some people to the brink of insanity and depression whilst others persevere through the pain, emerging out a new person similar to how a phoenix rises out of the ashes. Some people just know how to deal with pressure and that is a human quality that you cannot be taught. Guidance may be available but true qualities can only be learned by going through the experience yourself. I know this to be a fact from my own personal journeys. I've been to the point where sadness seeps through every part of your body and the insanity slowly crawls from one part of my brain to the next: its not a pretty sight and its a place I do not want to enter again. This realisation gave me the spark I needed to push through and break the glass ceiling, becoming a new person: the man that I am today. I've learned how to take on the responsibilities of pressure and juggle my motives simultaneously. It has taken me places I never thought I could go in my life: becoming the World Heavyweight Champion and being the single biggest threat to the man I once feared, Ty Burna. It's empowering to know that someone as powerful as Ty can feel like the victim and will use everything in his arsenal to remove you from his presence yet you know that in the end, you'll walk out the victor.

I really should participate in more public-speaking events.

Professor Steven Kurtesy!

I see Sandy has gotten rid of the automated machine that used to call up the patients, either that or its broken. I wish the receptionist called out my name more subtly as now everyone in the room is staring at me as I rise from my seat, seemingly unnoticed prior by those waiting in the front room. A few people extend their greetings with friendly handshakes and "hellos" where I must reply with my own, making sure that they are acknowledge. Only God would know what will happen if a famous psychiatrist ignores his patients who are so desperate for connection and lack the self-esteem to bounce back from these situations. This is one of the reasons I became a psychiatrist in the first place.

Walking down the old corridor of Sandy's offices used to give me fond memories but it seems this time around, I don't feel for them anymore. Have I grown that much as a person that memories that used to flood my brain have no meaning, or is it that I don't feel in general?

Morning, Steve.

Hey Sandy.

I've always love the smiles Sandy gives me when we get together: heart-warming and melting material. No matter where we are, its always there.

Come in and take a seat.

I make myself comfortable as possible on the lying down couch because this visit Sandy arranged seemed a little off at first when she gave me the invite: I may be in for another lecture.

What brings me here today, Sandy? Got any good new for me?

I got in contact with your master yesterday and we talked about you...

I tried my best.

... and he brought up something interesting, saying that I may want to take a closer look considering my profession and relationship with you: he said he saw something in you.

Probably the reason why he fancies me so much as a student...

He said he didn't see anything.

Now I know why those memories didn't come racing back through my head. With my match with Showtime coming closer and closer by the second, I've seemed to have put my actions concerning the Apostles on the back-burner.

Care to explain that phrase?

She's not one for talking today as her approach is quite direct. Normally, I'd try to avoid this conversation but I need to solve this problem before it gets any bigger.

I didn't mention anything to him directly but spending the time off after Kingdom Come at the monastery led me to do so some real soul-searching. One of the realisations that came up was my journey that I took which supposedly was to end with my match against Ty didn't exactly go according to plan. I've achieved everything I wanted to: I've defeated Ty Burna; I kept the one possession he wishes for; and although Ty is still in charge, the Apostles are seemingly imploding one by one. Alhazred has disappeared and Chris K.O is now an enemy of the state for his actions... but why do I not feel the inner peace which was promised to me when I first embarked on the journey?

When someone lacks a response to a hard question, it usually turns out for the worst. For myself, this is reaction I expected and I do not worry for her not knowing the answer. If I can't find it, how can she?

Have you missed something?

You know as well as I do there is nothing I've missed. You've been with my along every step of the way and even you agreed that Ty was the last.

Well it has to be something else...

You think?

Sandy looks quite offended for me snapping at her like that. It's not like me.

Sorry.

No... no, you're quite alright to feel like this. I'd be too if I was going through the same thing. The only thing that I can think of is that you taking on the journey to cleanse yourself was only half of the journey: maybe staying committed is the other half.

An interesting theory indeed but the journey that ends when my life ends is called the journey of life, not the one I took.

How is my current state not being committed? I've gotten so far: I'm not giving up on this... it could be that because Ty is still in power and is still supported by the Chaos, my journey hasn't been completed. Maybe I might have to play the waiting game on this one and wait for the final nail in the coffin. Just because an implosion has started doesn't mean its going to end.

This is the closest and most realistic way to deal with this path of mine: I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see on that account then... but are you sure you can put that aside when you've got a huge title defence coming up?

Omitting a small laugh stuns Sandy with confusion for a moment as she doesn't understand what I find funny.

Baby, I'm the World Heavyweight Champion: I was born ready.

The two of us share a laugh together, knowing how cheesy that statement can really be.

To be honest though, I am ready for this contest between "Showtime" and myself. I have to be considering how much determination oozes from his pores daily just so he can get himself in this position. This is a man who has done practically everything in this business: beaten the greatest competitors we've had to offer; taken part of some of the biggest matches in history; winning the Lethal Lottery; and winning nearly every single title. The only accolade Show is after is the one that I carry on my shoulders. He has painted a huge target on my back and knowing how Show has acted in the past, he'll do anything he can do get the gold in his possession. I mean, you saw it yourself Sandy on Meltdown. He came out during my celebratory speech and tried to get inside my head. Yes, what he said did hit me where it hurts but its not like I knew that previously and at that time, I was in the process of solving my inner demons. He's a little late to the party in that regards... but even so, he had to say all those things in front of the crowd and the camera just to get his point across. My response? I went into his locker room where it was only the two of us and I said one sentence: he had no response and later that night he lost to Drake Callahan. What does that tell you?

That Show didn't say anything because you left quickly and that he lost to his rival?

I smile at Sandy's blank answer, dumbfounded by the question. Unfortunately, its not that simple.

Showtime and myself are similar in many regards: our charisma levels are untouchable by many because of our respective careers outside of professional wrestling. Show has made a name for himself by talking with a collective group of people at once, often addressing those who are looking for one-on-one conversation in front of a crowd. He's learned to converse his thoughts and out-match those when others are listening... so for Show to come out in front of the world in that ring and address his issues with me, it comes naturally. For myself, I worked best when it comes private chats where it was just myself and the other person, making a stress-free scenario allowing anything to be said. When I entered myself into the professional wrestling business, I learned the true value of speaking in front of people and slowly adapted to my environments. Therefore, I can tolerate both situations without any hassles... for Show, private and personal conversations aren't his strong suit. So by me simply walking up to him, saying one sentence and leaving, it causes him to lose an important match; causes him to stay silent without any comeback. If I can get into his head as easily as replicating a patient of my psychiatric career, then me preparing for Cougar would be rather easy don't you think?

But Show has defeated you in the past. If I recall, you've had two singles matches against each other and its tied. This match is being dubbed the tie-breaker between the two of you. If you're so prepared against Cougar, how come he already holds one victory over you?

She never gives up, does she?

The first time we clashed, I managed to win that exchange because the only thing I had on my mind was to defeated Showtime and make myself relevant after losing to Ty Burna, Big Dave and the first ever Hell in a Cell match for three weeks straight. The second time, I admit, my judgement was clouded and I was terribly focused on Ty and the Apostles rather than him. Although my efforts paid off, I still took the loss to Show. This time, the third match, I've got nothing else to worry about. Ty is pre-occupied with his Cell match with Barbosa and all of the Apostles are fighting each other. It's just Showtime and myself squaring off: like the first time, I'm only focused on him so I can defeat him.

Just because history has proven that you've beaten him when you're focused does not mean it will repeat once more. You were never able to beat Ty and at Kingdom Come, you beat him. History didn't repeat then... and with Show gunning for that title, you'll be needing to do much more than sit around waiting for the match.

She's starting to sound like Stacey Madison now.

You're starting to sound like Stacey Madison now.

Can't handle the heat?

I laugh just to show that her arrogance is quite silly.

One moment you have sympathy for me because of my quarrels yet the next you question me when I feel like I have everything sorted.

It's my job to care like that.

She smirks at me, thinking she has me as I'm trying to avoid the question. I should probably give her an answer.

I've never sat around doing nothing Sandy. I've worked hard my entire life to achieve everything. I struggled through my teen years and I did everything I could to make the future brighter: I studied hard; got myself a degree after pain-staking amounts of dedication to my university work and finally became a doctor. It didn't get handed to me on a silver platter. Competing in this wrestling business I've worked my arse off to get anywhere near WZCW and now, I'm the World Heavyweight Champion. It's taken me so long to become the best in the world and I'm not letting go of this championship any-time soon. David might be a great wrestler, competitor and at times, person but I will make damn sure that he won't be the person to take the title from my hands. He may have won 2 Falls match featuring some of the toughest opponents we've had to offer but until he learns to appreciate life and go through the ups and downs that I've done, he does not deserve a privilege such as this. Ascension 50: I'm not giving up, no questions about it... and I don't care if I have to pass out to the Commerical Break or snap my bones from multiple Final Acts to prove that point. If he wants my World title, he's going to have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

Looking upon my hands, another smile forms on my face. It's not one of sadistic pleasure of feeling pain but one of pride for myself where I know nothing will stop me from keeping the title. My current motivation is to keep this title until my body is unable to do so. I'll be damned before my mind gives up on me... sorry Showtime, Ascension 50 will only be as historic for you as it will be for me.

Now, Sandy: are we done here?

You do not wish to stay?

I've got some other business to attend to, my dear. Maybe next time when spending time with you becomes my top priority.

As I get up and wish my goodbyes, I can see that this statement has slightly offended Sandy. Again, some day she'll realise what I truly mean but for now, I need to go. I've got a World title match to prepare for and to keep a close eye on the Chaos situation for the aftermath... you better be ready to compete Show because I can't wait.

I've got nothing to lose.

Scene opens during Meltdown 74. Showtime David Cougar is standing on the top turnbuckle about to deliver a huge Final Act on Drake Callahan.

Cougar: The journey to the top of the mountain is not one that you can simply cut corners and take a short cut to. It is usually a long and difficult quest that will leave one exhausted, but proud of what he has accomplished. To get to the top, you will undoubtedly need to step on a few heads and walk over others to get there. Whether by your own choice or not, this is something you’ll have to live and deal with and likewise it is something those who get stepped on will want retribution for.

Drake elbows free of Showtime's grip and grabs him by the head.

Once you have climbed the mountain and overcome all obstacles to get there, the unfortunate part of it all is that it is so easy to be pushed right off the mountain again.

With no regard at all for Showtime's health, Drake hits a devastating Hangover Brainbuster off the top rope. Showtime's head and neck slam onto the mat and his body crumbles after the move. A loud ringing is heard on camera that resembles the lost sense of awareness Showtime currently has.

Once you’re taken away from what you’ve worked so hard to accomplish, your body becomes disoriented. You feel as though you're drowning at the same time as you’re falling.

The camera zooms in on Showtime's face and the glazed look in his eyes indicates a concussion was likely suffered. He moves his arms and legs trying to make sure he still has all feeling in his body as he slowly and barely picks his body off the mat.

You try to get back up quickly, to prevent yourself from continuing the fall and to show those around you that it was not some fluke that you made it up there in the first place.

Drake stands over Showtime, refusing to go for the easy pin as he watches his opponent struggle to recover. The ref begs Showtime to give up, but he refuses as he weakly tries to rise to his feet. Showtime looks up at the face of Drake. His eyes resemble that of Ty Burna’s and his smile reminds him of the sly smile Trent Stonewall has whenever he is about to start trouble for Showtime.

But there is no stopping the fall. Try as you might, you won’t get back up until you hit the bottom. Sometimes you’ll fall for days, weeks, or even months.

Drake waits long enough and keeps Showtime on the mat, putting him in a devastating submission move. The eyes close shut on Showtime as the ref calls for the bell.

Once you hit the bottom though, you no longer feel lost or scared that you are falling. You actually feel a sort of peace inside you. That the worst is over and the only thing left is the long yet satisfying climb to get back up to the top.

It is the last thing Showtime hears and he goes in a state on unconsciousness as EMT's hit the ring to move him onto a stretcher and out of the arena.

How long I have left here to continue attempting this climb? That I don’t know and as the chances slowly begin to slip away, so too does my sanity a little.

Showtime wakes up. He is not in the comforts of a hospital room. He is sitting tied to a chair in a dark room with only one window shinning moon light to help illuminate the room. Showtime struggles to free himself from the rope, but is unable to.

Cougar: This has Ty's finger prints all over the place. Why don't you show yourself now and explain to me why you are denying me my rightful title shot.

A loud laugh is heard as a dark shadow moves around in the room.

???: You only wish it were Ty Burna that has you trapped in here.

The laugh continues as the figure walks towards Showtime to make his presence known. At first glance, Showtime sees the face of Ty Burna as the man who has kidnapped him. A smile curls on his face as smoke appears around him. Once the smoke has cleared, the face is revealed to be none other than Trent Stonewall.

Oh... it's just you. So when did you get mythological powers and were able to bring me to Ty's lair.

Stonewall: I didn't, but maybe if I did you should be asking where you got mythological powers from. We are of the same mind.

Stonewall laughs, Showtime appears unamused by Stonewalls antics.

Just like you've had me locked up inside your mind, now that you are under a deep state of unconsciousness I have the ability to lock you up inside your head.

Stonewall walks around Showtime slowly. Showtime moves his head around trying to follow Stonewall.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Ty Burna isn’t the source of all your problems. Maybe, the problems in your career have always been... because of you.

Stonewall slams his hands down on Showtime’s knees and puts his face square in front of Showtime’s, trying to intimidate him. To Showtime’s credit, he continues smiling throughout the whole ordeal.

Ty Burna, The Ouija, The Chaos, they were all once real things and serious threats, but your wildly imaginative mind has allowed them to take on extraordinary new meanings. You see them in your day to day life. You hear them as you cross the street. You created them to become what you always wanted, your greatest antagonist, one that never leaves because you yourself have created them so that they can never be beaten. Same goes for myself. You wanted someone to help make you more of a serious contender as you felt those high up in the company were not giving you the respect that you felt you deserved. So you created me as your agent.

And as I can see from me being tied up here you’ve done a marvelous job thus far.

That’s because you ignored me. You started to reject me. You ever wonder what happens to a wild and creative imagination once you decide to ignore it. It doesn’t just go away, it’ll come back to haunt you. You let your schizophrenic mind create a world that you can’t control and now that is beginning to seep into the real world, into Ty Burna’s WZCW. You have failed countless times in your quest in your bid to become World Champion and now after the defeat that you just suffered, your chances of ever becoming champion have slimmed to paper thin.

Aside from a love of My Little Pony, I fail to see the connection between Steven Kurtesy and Drake Callahan. They are two very differnet opponents. Explain to me how losing to Drake now will impact me in my match verse Kurtesy?

Well... for one.

Stonewall knocks against a wall and the whole room begins to shake. Stonewall almost falls to the floor as the room slowly returns still.

There is the issue of your newly developed concussion, which will hinder your speed, timing, and coordination in the match. The other reason is that you are still a shell of the man who once held three different titles from one All or Nothing PPV to the next. An opponent like Drake was one that you had no problem walking over in your early years. Now not only did he decisively beat you, he destroyed you in that ring. The big difference between the two of you is, Drake has accepted the darkness that is around him under Ty Burna’s WZCW and has used it better himself. Others will follow. If you would just accept your place along Ty Burna, you would remember what it’s like to have absolute power over.... WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING!

Showtime is seen with his head down, but is visibly laughing at Trent Stonewall. Showtime lifts his head up to speak.

It’s the same thing over and over with you Trent. God is this what I sound like half the time. Now I clearly see that I’m not the one losing my mind... you are my old trapped friend.

Stonewall seems taken aback by Showtime’s comment.

You see... you’ve done nothing but contradict. Ty and all his powers are something I’ve let my imagination run wild on... and yet he is also responsible behind Drake’s sudden mood change. Ty and his current reign of darkness has nothing to do with Drake’s behaviour. Like you said, it’s time to accept the things that I’ve done in the past and move on. I not only beat Drake in each of our prior meetings, I practically embarrassed him. I crossed a line that most people in this business shouldn’t and humiliated him. Drake had that boiling up inside him for years and when we stepped into the ring, he unleashed that anger into hatred. It's my fault. I don’t blame him for what he’s done, I just know that what’s done is done and that I am going to be changed man from now on. No more humiliating or taking the easy road out. I have the biggest match up in my career coming up and I don’t need to dwell on all my past mistakes. It’s time reach that mountain summit and show the world I have arrived.

And with that Showtime stands up from the chair, the ropes loosening up in an instance.

How... how did you?

You forget Stonewall. This is my mind. And I’m going to be the one to control it.

Showtime closes his eyes and when he reopens them, Stonewall is tied to the chair and gagged. Showtime turns to his former agent.

This is my present, this is my future, and it is my destiny to win that World Heavyweight Championship. And I am going to make that happen.

Showtime suddenly wakes up and is sitting in a hospital bed. The doctor is in the room looking over his test results when he sees Showtime awake.

Doctor: Oh good, you’re up. Nurse come bring us a new fluid bag.

Showtime glances around the room. All seems to be real.

Doctor: So... I have good news for you. With rest and medication you should be able to make a full recovery.

Showtime nods his head, happy to hear the news.

Doctor: Now tell me... how does that make you feel?

Showtime shoots the doctor a look and then smiles.

Never felt better.

----------

Scene reopens at WZCW studios. It is two days before Ascension 50 and Leon Kensworth is standing next to Showtime David Cougar about to get his first exclusive interview since Showtime was released from the hospital. Showtime seems in great condition and has high spirits as Leon begins his introduction.

Kensworth: Ladies and gentlemen, my guest now is not a man of few words. Enough could be said about this man that if it were put on paper it would rival the size of the Holy Bible. He is that wrestler that only comes by once or twice in a generation. A superstar who has been able to catapult his fame to heights most only dream of reaching. A master in the ring and on the T.V. screen; T.V. executives and wrestling enthusiasts have been gushing over him for years, waiting eagerly for him to reach the top that he has been long destined to hold. His accomplishments speak volumes to that claim. He is the only man in WZCW to have held four different championships and has successfully defended each one. He has accumulated over 35 wins, some over the likes of Everest, Austin Reynolds, Titus, Big Dave. Vengeance, and of course Ty Burna, perhaps the greatest rivalry in WZCW history. He won the third annual Lethal Lottery match and was in the main event at Kingdom Come III. Arguably, his biggest challenge to date in the ring has been overcoming his own personal issues and demons that have led him astray from the main event spotlight. Outside the ring he is as much of a success, being the host of his hit variety show, "The Show", and it's spinoff, "Behind The Show". Movie offers have now begun to come his way and while the self proclaimed "Highest Rated Superstar in WZCW" says that his heart and mind is still on wrestling, one must wonder how long before the lure and money of these movie offers will turn WZCW's biggest star, into one of Hollywoods biggest stars. Tonight just days before his big WZCW World Heavyweight Title match between Steven Kurtesy at the 50th edition of Ascension, Showtime David Cougar has agreed to give an exclusive interview regarding the match, his career, and Hollywood knocking at his door. Showtime, before we discuss your match, there have been numerous reports from Hollywood that say that you are in line for starring roles in “Mr. Babysitter” and “The Lobster King” can you give us some insight into these rumours?

Showtime: I most certainly can Leon. They are 100% true that I have been offered these parts, but it is also true that I have also turned these roles down. My mind, body, and focus is all towards WZCW and capturing the World Heavyweight Championship. Now I won’t deny there is some frustration within me regarding the current state of WZCW, but now is not the time to turn my back on the company that helped make me the star that I am today. I will fight for WZCW with every last breath and be the champion this company needs right up to the bitter last days of the Ty Burna era. There will be light at the end of the tunnel and my spotlight will help lead the way.

As stated, your career here in WZCW has almost been unmatched. In under ten words, how would you describe it?

Unfinished.

Could you elaborate?

I have accomplished many things in WZCW, all worthy of recognition and praise, but the one thing I haven’t accomplished is becoming the World Heavyweight Champion. That was my mission since I first stepped in front of a camera for this company and I feel with every passing week I am getting farther and farther away from reaching that goal. Guys who came here after I have and certainly have not accomplished nearly as much as I have, guys like Barbosa and the current champion, Steven Kurtesy, these guys have blown past me and they represent the future. The longer it takes for me to win the big one, the further I will be put to the back of the line. I am done playing games and getting distracted by lesser accomplishments and personal demons. I’ve faced them all and I feel stronger now than ever before. This moment right here, is the moment. Before the 50th edition of Ascension, the show I helped pave the way for, you will see one of the greatest matches in this companies history, and you will see a new champion emerge from the chaos that has engulfed WZCW. Steven Kurtesy I will not rest until that belt is around my waist.

Showtime what are your thoughts on Steven Kurtesy and how important is this match to him as well.

This match is now the most important match in Kurtesy’s career. Every new title defense becomes more important than the last. This doesn’t just have to do with the fact that Kurtesy’s opponent is the scene stealing, ratings killer, biggest superstar in WZCW. This is also due to the fact that Kurtesy now has a taste of what it’s like to be champion. When he defeated Titus, he got a taste of singles gold for the first time in his career, and it has changed him. I remember the first time I met Steven Kurtesy. It was at Lethal Lottery 2010. I was defending the EurAsian Title is an open challenge match and I saw Kurtesy standing outside of the ring, one match already under his belt and he held one half of the WZCW Tag Team Championship. I thought long and hard about wanting to pick him to face, to take this fresh faced rookie and really show him what it was like to be champion and have to work for it, not have someone else do the work for you. That night I chose someone I thought would give me more of a challenge. I really wish I would’ve picked Steven Kurtesy though, just to teach him that lesson.

Steven Kurtesy for most of his career has needed to rely on other people. Many fans gush over Teach N‘ Kurtesy. The team was carried by William Teach, who won the title opportunity with Matt Fox the show prior. The team could’ve just as easily had been Teach N‘ Fox and I’m sure it would’ve been as successful. The Crashin Movement, right there we have three guys bending the rules and using their number advantage to win the Tag Team Titles. Even Sandy Deserts has been helping Steven Kurtesy every step of the way. And for his part, Steven has looked to them for help and took advantage of it, just as he took advantage of Ty’s booking and won the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship. When Kurtesy won that belt, everything about him changed. No longer was he out to rid WZCW of Ty Burna and the Chaos. Now suddenly everything became about keeping the belt. The suspicious part about it that no one seems to have noticed is Ty Burna gave Kurtesy a match to win the belt and suddenly Kurtesy dropped his crusade to end Ty Burna’s reign. I’m not going to accuse him any further though. What’s happened has happened and we both must live with it now, but what can be changed can happen at Ascension 50. Steven Kurtesy will have no one left to turn to for help. He has already let so many down already with his greed of keeping the WZCW Championship, even someone like Celeste has begun to turn her back on him. Class is dismissed professor, and there will be no doctor to save you in our match. I’m coming for your World Heavyweight Championship, no concussion nor figment of my imagination will stop me, and when I am victorious over you and I will lead WZCW back against the darkness of Ty Burna. I am not afraid of a war Kurtesy, and I’m prepared to die for that belt and for this company at Ascension 50. Steven, the Show has finally arrived, and he’s here to climb straight up to the top of that mountain and win the title that’s been rightfully his since my first pilot episode. Try not to have a hard landing when it's all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back