AS49: Team Australia vs. Saboteur and Action Saxton (Team Name TBD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
The newly debuted Team Australia, who were victories in their first outing, will be scheduled to take on the "frenemies" of Action Saxton and Saboteur, who have agreed to try their hand again at the tag team division despite what happened up to and including their match at Kingdom Come. Can the Australians continue their dominance over the division or will Saxton and Saboteur resolve their differences to take down the "convicts?"

Deadline is Tuesday, June 12th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

***QUEENSLANDER***

Justin Cooper is tucked up in bed with a cup of soup. It's chicken.​

"Yummy."

With this amazing soup in front of him Justin is disturbed by Iris walking into the room.​

"What are you doing?"

"I'm sick."

"From what?"

"I've got a cold. I really don't feel to well at all."

Iris exits the room looking frustrated. With his soup in hand Justin takes a loud slurp.​

***QUEENSLANDER***

Signal Panic Inc. Presents
Action Saxton
In
"Therapy Throwdown"

The music that normally accompanies the Signal Panic Inc. introduction comes to a halt as Saboteur interrupts.

Saboteur: Action Saxton AND Saboteur! All you ever do is think of yourself!

Saxton: Why would I include you fool? All you do is ride the coat tails of my good looks, jive moves, and sexy ladies.

Saboteur: And all you do is ride the coat tails of my cereal cabinet, sweet spandex, and epic collection of cancelled 70s sitcoms!

Saxton: You know, I’ve just about had it with your goofy ass! Why don’t we just get this crap over with?

The title card finally cuts out to reveal Saxton and Saboteur sitting in a waiting room. There are psychology magazines messily scattered around a coffee table. Saboteur and Saxton awkwardly sit next to each other in the only two chairs in the waiting room. Saboteur looks impatient and annoyed with his arms crossed as he taps his foot on the floor. Saxton doesn’t look any more pleased to be there, gripping the arms of his chair so tight that the wood could give way to his strength at any moment.

“You gentlemen can come in now.”

The two wrestlers simultaneously stand up and make their way into an office. They close the wooden door behind them and a nameplate on the door reveals that they are in the office of Dr. Getalong, Couples Councilor.

Saxton and Saboteur sit down in front of the desk in fairly comfortable leather chairs, but the two maintain their unpleasant attitude displayed in waiting room.

On the other side of the desk is Dr. Getalong. The doctor is clearly seasoned as he has numerous diplomas and awards hanging behind his desk, as well as pictures of him at weddings of various couples he helped.

Dr. Getalong: So you gentlemen know why you’re here, right?

Saxton: Some bull about “relationship counseling.”

Dr. Getalong: That’s right Action Saxton, but it’s not bull, it’s a great idea from the folks at WZCW.

Saboteur breaks his uncharacteristic silence, but refuses to look at Dr. Getalong.

Saboteur: Great idea? Pft, this is a worse idea than releasing a DVD of Armando Paradyse matches.

Saxton: Hey! Armando Paradyse jokes is my territory mothafu-

Dr. Getalong: Now now now gentlemen, you see? This is exactly the type of thing I’m here to stop! Now I’m told that you two were the best of friends before a certain incident caused a bit of a tiff between you two. Now why don’t you each give me your perspective of the situation? Saxton, why don’t we start with you?

Saxton: Well I was just mindin’ my own business, kickin’ butts and takin’ names when this sucka decided to get in my way!

Saxton points his meaty finger at Saboteur who appears to reach towards his katanas, but is promptly dissuaded by Dr. Getalong.

Dr. Getalong: I’m going to have to ask that there’s no pointing or name-calling, Mr. Saxton. It’s counter-productive to the healing process.

Saxton grumbles, puts his hand down and continues.

Saxton: Anyways, I was just doin’ my thing, and Saboteur got in my way. I forgave him after he kneed me in the face, but apparently he wasn’t willing to return the favor after I accidentally kicked him!

Saboteur becomes rigid in his chair.

Saboteur: Puh-lease, it was so much more than that! First you didn’t tell me you had the Bam Bam spoon even though you knew I was looking for it, and then you made me give away Garrett just so I could have it! You made me trade my roommate for a spoon!

Saxton: I didn’t make you do nothin’! You agreed to the terms, ain’t my fault that you decided to change your mind!

Dr. Getalong: Gentlemen! All this “you” talk is very bad for rebuilding relationships! We can put the blame on each other all we want, but we can only hold ourselves accountable for our mistakes! Now Saboteur, I want you to tell Saxton what you think you did wrong and how you can improve that.

Saboteur crosses his arms and remains silent for a few moments before a mischievous smirk crosses his face.

Saboteur: What I did wrong was decide to become friends with a washed up loser that would cost me matches and stab me in the back. I could have improved by making friends with someone cool, like S.H.I.T. At least I could program him to not be a jerk.

Saxton clenches his fists so tight that the sleeves of his shirt rip, and a very angry vein becomes clearly visible in his forehead.

Saxton: Well what I did wrong was extend my friendship to a psychotic moron whose only friend is his kidnapped roommate, and what I could have done to improve on that is smack some sense into that sucka the first time I laid my big beautiful eyes on him!

Saboteur turns to Saxton and sticks his head towards Saxton.

Saboteur: Well I should have used my katanas to make him into Saxton Salami!

Saxton responds by moving his head just a few inches away from Saboteur’s.

Saxton: And I should have put his melon head between my arms and squeezed until it popped!

Saboteur and Saxton are breathing heavily with anger as their faces are almost touching.

Dr. Getalong: Guys, I want you to take a deep breath. It’s normal for this type of negative energy to be released during the first session, but it’s important to not act on it.

Saxton: Act on it? Saboteur couldn’t get nothin’ done without me. He’d probably trip over his own shoelaces if I didn’t tie his boots up for him before each match.

Saboteur: Oh yeah? Well Saxton would never get any wins if it wasn’t for me! I carried us in everyone of our matches and you know it!

Dr. Getalong: Guys…

Saxton: Carried me? You couldn’t even carry my bags sucka!

Saboteur: Probably because you pack about 200 pounds of hair product in each of them! You put more effort into maintaining your hair than Dolly Parton!

Dr. Getalong: Gentlemen!

Saxton: I’m sick of you and your references to obscure white people ain’t nobody give a damn about! And I hope you know that I let you win at Kingdom Come. You know why? Because I felt bad for you. You a friendless loser that will never be nothin’ but a flash in the WZCW pan!

Saboteur: And you’re just a anachronistic has-been from an era that nobody cared about in the first place, and I relished every second of my win over you knowing that the fans love ME and not you!

Dr. Getalong stands up and shouts.

Dr. Getalong: STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!

Saboteur and Saxton are startled as the previously soft-spoken doctor speaks out of turn.

Dr. Getalong: It seems to me that there are some irreconcilable differences here that I’m afraid you two won’t be able to solve. Now you were sent here by a few friendly members of the WZCW roster that had hopes that you two could repair your relationship because when you two were together, you guys were as good as it gets. The fans carried Saxton and Saboteur signs to the arena in hopes that they’d get to see you two team up to take on just about anyone.

Saxton and Saboteur seem like they have calmed down as they both have pensive looks on their face.

Dr. Getalong: But it sounds like underneath the fun adventures and good times there were a lot of issues that I don’t think either of you are emotionally capable of dealing with. I think it would just be better if you each gave each other some space.

And with that, Saboteur perks up.

Saboteur: Space… is the place.

After a moment of silence, Saxton slowly looks over at Saboteur with a soft look on his face.

Saxton: Remember that time one of our fans sent us that track he made? The remix of my theme with Space Jam?

Saboteur: I wrote him back telling him that we’d use it one day on our way to the ring. I remember because at the bottom of the letter I drew an awesome picture of a bald eagle with laser vision shooting a kangaroo.

Saxton starts to chuckle, and Saboteur joins in. Within seconds, the two are having full blown laugh attacks.

Saxton: You know what? We’ve been through a lot these past few months, but I think we can both agree that the world is a better place with us in it together. We’ve fought side by side for a long time. Are we going to let a few weeks of disagreements ruin a year’s worth of ass kicking?

Saboteur: Heck no! We’re going to put that past behind us and put the only thing that matters in front of us! The WZCW tag-team division!

Saxton: That’s right! In fact, I think we owe the new champs a little payback for what they did to us a few weeks ago…

Dr. Getalong is shocked by the sudden agreement reached between the two friends, and a smile lights up his face.

Dr. Getalong: I’m happy you two were able to get over these problems and agree to be a tag team. I think everyone at WZCW will be happy to…

*BEEP BEEP*

Dr. Getalong’s computer makes a noise and he takes a look at his monitor.

Dr. Getalong: Well, it appears good news travels fast!

Dr. Getalong turns the monitor around to face Saxton and Saboteur. He’s on the WZCW.com homepage, and there’s a new top story gracing the cover.

“Saboteur and Saxton to team up against Team Australia on Ascension!”

Saboteur and Saxton smile at each other as they stand up from their chairs.

Saxton: Thanks for the help doc, but we have some work to do.

Saboteur: Yeah, we have a tag-team career to prepare for, and it starts by beating those dopes from down under!

Signal Panic, Inc. Presents
Action Saxton [size=-1]and Saboteur[/size]
in
"Therapy Throwdown" Part 2

The sun is high in the sky as it shines down on the Australian outback. It's blazing hot, hot enough to fry a dingo. It's so hot the spiders the size of Action Saxton's rippling muscles are panting and sweating, begging for relief from the heat. It's so hot, almost everyone on the continent is inside, even if the only channel they get is showing a "Best of Daemonic" marathon. It's damn hot.

But it isn't hot enough to stop those two smooth-walkin', jive-talkin' suckas known as Action Saxton and Saboteur! Their borrowed Jeep speeds across the rough ground, bumping and jumping and throwing the two men around in their seats, the fuzzy dice hanging on the mirror flying every which way. Saboteur stares reproachfully from under his floppy wide-brimmed Australian hat at Saxton, who is cool as a cucumber as he sings loud, soulful songs about how the team is going to whoop Team Australia's ass. He turns the wheel a little too sharply, causing Saboteur to bump up and down in his seat.

"Watch how you're driving, will ya?" he says.

Action Saxton chuckles and jerks the steering wheel in the opposite direction, causing the tassles on Saboteur's hat to flop around violently.

"Be careful with that thing, sucka, Saxton says, eyeing the tassles with a degree of wariness. "You'll put an eye out. Why are you wearing such a goofy hat, anyway?"

"It's authentic. You were the one saying we need to train for Team Australia by being as Australian as possible."

Action Saxton considers this.

"I did say this. Good work, Saboteur. Do you know where I can find a hat like that?"

"This was the last one in that tourist trap we stopped at a few miles ago. It wouldn't fit over your afro anyway."

"Damn, sucka, that is a good point. I would not want to hide my luxurious 'fro from the ladies. I'll have to eat five Vegemite sandwiches instead of four for lunch today."

The two drive along for a while, bumping away as they draw closer to the building in the distance.

"Is that where we're headed?"

"Got that right, sucka," Action Saxton replies. "Uncle Dolan's Kangaroo Library. I'm sure they have a suitable kangaroo for us to wrestle."

"They'd better."

---

"What the hell do you mean you don't rent out kangaroos?"

"I'm sorry, mate," says the shopkeeper, Jim O'Klock, "but our kangaroos are not for lending."

"Sucka, is this or is this not a library?"

"Mate, it's not that sort of a library." Jim shrugs. "Besides, we only have one kangaroo left, and he's a toughie."

Action Saxton sighs and throws up his hands. Gathering himself together, he leans toward Jim.

"Look, sucka, I am going to appeal to yourbetter nature and tell you why we are here. You see, the kangaroo is the national symbol of Australia, alongside the giant spider and the sucka in that movie about the blue alien creatures. We are Action Saxton and Saboteur, and-"

"I know who you are!" interrupts Jim. "You two are my favorite WZCW superstars!"

Action Saxton and Saboteur look very chuffed, despite themselves. Jim continues.

"Seriously, mates, I love watching your work, but I just can't give you a kangaroo, even if it's to train for your match. Especially if the kangaroo is Roger here."

Saxton crosses his arms, looking mean. Saboteur looks around the kangaroo library, thinking. Suddenly, he fishes into his spandex and withdraws...

"We have a library card."

Jim takes the card from Saboteur and stares at it. It seems to have come from a sandwich shop somewhere, nine holes lining the bottom, with a picture of Saboteur in large glasses and a polo shirt taped clumsily over the top corner. "LIBERRY" is written on it clumsily in crayon. After a few moments, Jim nods.

"So, a kangaroo, eh? No worries. No worries at all."

---

Behind the kangaroo library, Action Saxton finishes setting up the wrestling ring he found in the Jeep's trunk. Saboteur spars with the air as Jim drags Roger out from the kangaroo library and puts him in the ring.

"Is that kangaroo wearing boxing gloves?" Saboteur asks, warily.

"Yep, mate, he is," replies Jim. "I wouldn't want to be the man to fight this tum-tigger, not for all the Subway sandwiches in Australia. He's a professionally-trained boxer, Roger is."

"What a coincidence," Action Saxton says, smirking. "So am I."

He turns to Jim and Saboteur.

"Now listen up, suckas!" he barks. "Sab, you and me are gonna make our tag team debut against Team Australia. That sucka Justin Cooper's been around a while, but he made his mark in the Mayhem division, not in actual matches. He also has a dumbass haircut, and people with dumbass haircuts are usually too busy worrying about their dumbass haircut to worry about the match. Now Greaves, I don't know anything about Greaves except that sucka is new. We will crush that sucka with our combined experience. They should be easy pickings...

...If we can defeat this kangaroo.
"

Saboteur and Action Saxton stare down Roger as they enter the ring. Jim takes his place ringside.

"Team Australia is nothing compared to this kangaroo."

"That's right, sucka. If we can pin a kangaroo, the animal that represents Australia the most, alongside the koala and Men At Work, then we can pin the wrestlers that represent Australia the most. Team Australia is going to find out that we are Action Saxton and Saboteur, and we are Team..."

Action Saxton's impassioned speech trails off. He looks at Saboteur for the team name, who shrugs.

"...we'll get to thinking of a name later. Jim, ring the damn bell!"

Jim rings the bell, and the match starts.

---

After twenty minutes of intense kangaroo-wrestling action, Action Saxton lands a hard shot to Roger, sending him into the ropes. Action Saxton runs backwards and bounces off the opposite ropes, hitting Roger with a huge clothesline. It's not enough to send Roger to his feet, however, so they repeat, Action Saxton hitting another huge clothesline, running off of the other ropes, and hitting a shoulderblock that send the kangaroo crashing to the mat. Roger staggers to his feet, looking groggy.

"Now!"

With a yell, Saboteur jumps from the top turnbuckle and connects with Roger's head, the throwback connecting. He lays on top of the kangaroo as Action Saxton counts the pin.

Jim rings the bell and the two teammates stand up. They stare at each other for a moment before Saxton nods and leaves the ring. Jim grabs Roger and takes him back, Action Saxton not far behind. Saboteur celebrates for a moment before following the two men inside.

---

"Damn, sucka, that was one hell of a match," says Action Saxton, chuckling. He and Saboteur are back in the Jeep, the tassles on their matching floppy hats swinging wildly with each bump in the road. "And it was nice of that kangaroo-keeping sucka to let me have this goofy hat."

"I agree," Saboteur agrees, nodding in agreement. "Team Australia had better watch out."

"You're damn right. If it leveled that kangaroo, imagine what'll happen when we hit Justin Cooper with the Saxton Smackdown! He'll go flying out of his boots!"

"I thought we were going to name it the Saboteur Sweep."

"No, I'm pretty sure it was the Saxton Smackdown."

"Saboteur Sweep."

"Saxton Smackdown."

"Saboteur Sweep!"

"Saxton Smackdown!"

The two friends continue to argue as their Jeep bumps across the terrain, their floppy hats flopping floppily all the way.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back