• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS 94 SuperShow: The Eternal Question vs. James Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
yrdNuFu.gif

Despite not being advertised for the Moscow shows, James Howard created a headache for WZCW Management about how the company hasn't been utilising him properly and awarding opportunities to those he feels don't deserve them, especially targeting El Califa Dragon in a backstage assault. Rebecca Serra has told him to "hold tight" as she is planning something special for Howard and will be revealed sometime during the Ascension Supershow. Until that time, Howard returns to competition against the Eternal Question who hasn't been hitting the strides he made since he first made his debut and looks to take advantage of a disgruntled Howard. Who knows; maybe Question can help Howard to love rather than hate?

Deadline is Thursday, June 4th, at 11:59PM CST. Extensions available upon request.

James Howard is sprinting towards a temple. The gigantic golden Buddha statue adorned with brightly coloured floral wreaths, looking like a giant baby in Hawaii. His breathing is shallow and sharp, his clothing frayed at the edges as he kicks off his shoes without breaking stride, one of which collides violently with a prayer bell causing a loud reverberating ding around the courtyard. He comes to a screeching halt at the entrance, bows, breathes deep and calmly walks inside.

“You were in quite the hurry” said the monk just inside the doorway, his bald head and orange robes catching the sun like a mirror. He looked less like a person and more like a beam of divine light.

Howard reaches out towards the monk, falling to his knees and pulling on his robes. “You have to help me, my anger is consuming me. When I lose control I can feel it tearing away at my soul one piece at a time.”

“My child, nothing in this life comes quickly and those who rush through life often find that they rush past the parts that lead them to enlightenment.”

“You don’t understand. Getting control back is harder than ever, and I think that if I don’t start turning it around soon I may never be able to regain it.”

“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; YOU are the one who is burned.” The monk said as he sat himself down on the cold stone floor. “We all want to be happy and free from misery. The key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger and attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion, a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness. You must learn to let your anger go. To channel it into determination, to allow it to drive you forwards when you are at your weakest, only by accepting your anger and harnessing it for the good of all will you truly gain control over it.”

Howard begins to stand his brow furrowing as he begins speaking in huskier and rougher tones, his words slowly degenerating into a hissing, spitting shout. “I think you misunderstand me Rinpoche, I know full well that channelling my anger can work for me, but that is no longer enough. My anger consumes me and all you have to offer me is double speak platitudes that ultimately mean as little as hang in there. You’re nothing more than a man who talks in riddles and who seeks to change me by philosophising and waxing lyrical about the nature of existence. I didn’t come here for you to question me. I CAME HERE FOR ANSWERS.”
He swings his leg back but manages to regain his control, falling uncomfortably back onto it and eventually fully back, he lays on the floor spread out like an angel.
“I need help Rinpoche.”
Now it is the monks turn to stand. “I am afraid that you are beyond my help. You came here seeking answers to questions you have yet to ask and you lack the wisdom necessary to understand what they truly mean. I respect that you were able to refrain from kicking a defenceless man but I am afraid that you cannot remain here. We are visited daily by young women and children just beginning their path to enlightenment and it is clearly not a path you are yet ready for. Go home, meditate, think on what you have learned here today and return when you know the questions you seek answers to and we can help you learn to answer them.”

“But how will I know when I have the right questions?”

“You will know child and when you do I would be honoured to help you. But you are too dangerous for me to allow you into our custody. You are not yet ready.”

Howard stands, bows his head, and thanks the man before turning away. As he walks through the streets he sees a red-haired woman on the other side of the street. “Dinah” he yells as she starts to hustle, he gives chase frequently yelling her name before catching up to her in an alley. “Dinah?”

The woman turned around and Dinah throws herself at him. “I’m so sorry things happened the way they did and I knew you would be in Delhi. I just had to see you and try to fix things.”

The next few days were a blur. They spent most of their time doing the usual tourist things in the city before the supershow. As Howard arrives in the arena, grinning and with his wife on his arm, he looks at the card for the night. Seeing his opponent is The Eternal Question his face begins to contort. A snarling grin taking over his face. “Excellent.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back