AS 3 - Rafael de la Noche & Marcus Chambers vs Trevor Steel & Excellency

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
WZCWAS37.jpg

Four of WZCW's rising stars draw their battle lines in a tag team bout.

RP Deadline is September 8, 11:59 EST.

Trevor Steel limps through the curtain, and is immediately met by members of WZCW's medical staff.

Medical Guy 1: Let's get that knee looked at. Hey, come help me get Trevor back to the doctor.

Trevor Steel: What? I'm fine. I'll just go put some ice on it. Don't worry about it.

Medical Guy 2: You sure? Why not go get an icepack from the doctor? At least there, we have some soda and cookies.

Trevor laughs and pats him on the back, before putting a hand on his shoulder, and walking with him to the medical room.

Trevor Steel: I can always go for cookies. You see the match? Finally got myself a real win. Can't wait to get home, tell my son about it.

As Trevor approaches the medical room, he grabs a soda off the shelf, and steals a few cookies off the tray on the counter before jumping onto the exam table. He crunches down on a cookie, and see Excellency laying on the table next to him, holding his hands over his face.

Trevor Steel: Tough loss, huh? Keep your chin up. You'll bounce back.

Trevor takes another bite of the cookie as a wrap and ice pack gets placed on his right knee. He winces a little at the feel of the sudden coldness, and then cracks open the soda, taking a sip. As he hands the soda off, he spots Leon Kensworth walking by.

Trevor Steel: Hey! Leon! Get in here, buddy. You see my match? Got myself a real win this time. He gave me a hell of a match though. If that Chambers guy could just get his head in the right place, and forget all that nonsense, he'd be so much better. He definitely impressed me out there. It's good to know I could hang with him though.

Leon Kensworth: Yea, definitely an impressive match. Glad you got the win you wanted. As far as Chambers though, I wouldn't move on right yet. Word around the office is you're facing him again next week.

Trevor Steel: For real? Alright. Whatever the boss wants. I need the money, you know? Whatever it takes to climb the ladder here, and get myself noticed. Is it a regular one-on-one? Or, are we having some sort of "gimmick" match? Just so I can prepare. this knee...It's bothering me more than it looks.

Leon Kensworth: Uh, no. It's a tag match. Looks like...

Leon checks his pockets, looking for something, and pulls out a scrap of paper, and pulls it open.

Leon Kensworth: It's going to be you two against Marcus Chambers and Rafael De La Noche.

Trevor's face lights up at the news, as he finishes off the cookie, and lays back on the table.

Trevor Steel: Sweet! A tag match! I've always wanted to be in one. Looks like a chance for you to bounce back Excellency. I guess this means that Rafael gets the rematch he wanted, and deserves. Come to think of it, this is going to be tough. They both gave me a hell of a match, they both gave my partner here a hell of a match, and now I'm going in with a gimp knee. I like the odds...

Leon looks confused as both men lay there, taking in the impact of the match.

Trevor Steel: My boy will be so proud. I go home with a solid victory, I get to come back next week and improve some more. This could be a good sign of things to come. Can't wait to tell Titus...

As Trevor talks, Becky comes running in the room, and grabs Leon's arm.

Becky Serra: It's Titus. He's been attacked. It was the Daves. They stole his title...

Trevor sits up, tears the ice pack off, and jumps off the table.

Trevor Steel: What?! I'm coming with...

WZCW cameras cut to the arena parking lot as we see a stretch Hummer limo pull up. The black limo driver opens his door and approaches the rear door and opens it for his client, who is revealed to be "The Enigma" Marcus Chambers. However, Chambers steps into a puddle which causes his suit to get wet.

Limo Driver:Oh my god! I'm so sorry Mr. Chambers! Let me help clean this up for you.

Chambers gives a disapproving look.

Chambers:Get away from me! I put my body on the line night in and night out defending whats right and doing justice for our race. But then I see people like you, people who have no future, people who can't even scratch the surface and can barely make ends meet with measly jobs like waiters and...limo drivers. So do me a favor, next time someone of my stature and of my caliber asks for your services, understand that a man like me is helping out people like you. Now get out of my face.

The limo driver hangs his head and obliges his employer and slowly walks back to his car and drives off as Chambers glares at him. As the driver leaves, Leon Kensworth rushes towards Chambers to conduct an interview.

Leon: Marcus a few words about your match tonight?

Chambers continues to walk and ignores Leon.

Leon: Marcus please, for the fans?

With that being said, Chambers stops and chuckles as he turns toward Leon.

Chambers: For the fans? The same fans who boo me every night? The same fans who cannot accept the truth that spews out of the mouth of "The Enigma"? These fans are bigots and hypocrites. I expected this kind of reception as soon as I made my debut. The fans can't understand that a black man as talented, gifted, and intelligent like me is hailing himself as the future of this business. I suggest they check their ignorance at the door and witness Marcus Chambers do what he does best...win. Believe that!

Chambers walks away as he tends to the wet spot on his suit as he enters the arena doors, leaving Leon to look on in disbelief and shock.

Due to personal circumstances for LJL, the rules of this match have been changed where we will NSLs RP count as his teams.

We with LJL all the best.

The scene opens with Rafael being seen backstage pacing back and forth slowly with his title over his shoulder, but is soon interrupted by Becky and the Cameraman

Becky: Hey Rafael, just wanted to know if I can get your thoughts about your match last week, and your upcoming one in a few. Oh, and of course congratulations on your first victory here last week. It was a tough match, but you managed to pull through and get the win.

Rafael: Tough match? I was in control of that match the whole time.

Becky looks at Rafael with a puzzled look on her face

Becky: Nooo, that was a back and forth match with Excellency having a great showing, but you were the better man that night.

Rafael: Becky I think you need to get yours eyes checked out, I was in complete control and knew what I was doing through out that whole match.

Becky: Well it's nice to see that you're back to your usual self..., I heard you weren't quite yourself last week after your lost to Steel, who actually happens to be one of the two people you will be facing tonight in a tag match

Rafael's expression on his face quickly turns into a angry one as Becky mentions Steel's name

Rafael: Indeed I do have Steel in a match tonight, but not in the match I wanted. Bateman knew I wanted a rematch with Steel, but one on one. Just me and him, no one else. Bateman knew this, but instead he gives me a tag team match where I am paired with some hooligan against Steel and that guy I dominated last week.

Becky rolls her eyes at the mention of Rafael dominating last week

Becky: Well it's better then nothing, at least you get to face Steel in a match, even if it isn't your the match type you wanted.

Rafael: No it's not better then nothing. If I win my tag team match against Steel tonight it means nothing to me.

Becky: Why?

Rafael: Because Becky in a tag team match you aren't alone, you have someone else you have to split the victory with, your partner. If I emerge victorious tonight, it won't prove anything. All it says is that I beat Steel with the help of someone, I don't want that, I don't need that. I'm perfectly capable of beating Steel on my own. Besides this isn't a tag title I hold over my shoulder, it's a singles title.

Becky: Well tag matches are something you're gonna have to get used to Rafael.

Rafael: While the idea of tag matches do bother me, since you know I'm a SINGLES match legend in my country.

Rafael leans his left shoulder holding his belt more in for Becky to notice

Becky pretends she didn't notice Rafael leaning his shoulder in

Rafael: I don't mind having them for time to time, just not with someone who is standing in the way of me establishing my legacy here. Steel has put a taint on me, one which I must cleanse by beating him one on one, like how he defeated me. I thought I made this well aware to Bateman, I'm starting to think Steel has management on his side.

Becky: Yes, I'm sure he does, and they're all out to get you since they envy you, your title, and your marvelous career.

Rafael: Ah, I see you think so too.

Becky: I was being sarcastic.

Rafael: You aren't very good at sarcasm then

Becky: Okay, can I just get your closing thoughts on the match?

Rafael: Obviously like the champion I am I'll be aiming to win tonight with or without the help of Chambers, but win or lose, it doesn't change anything of where I stand with Steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back