• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Artist you like but others hate.

Nickelback

They tend to get a lot of shit for being lyrically shallow and while i tend to agree on that point there are still very few of their songs that i don't enjoy. Chad Kroegher's got a very unique voice the quality of which doesn't drop at live shows. I went to see them live in Dublin about 3 years ago now and they really are a fantastic band to see live. Great showmen and know how to work a crowd while also getting through all their best songs the fans wanted to hear. Their lyrics won't blow you away with their clarity but sometimes that's not what im looking for when i listen to music.

U2

I don't know what the consensus is on the forum but this band is not very well liked among students in Ireland and i can't understand why. Ill agree that their quality has dipped in the last few years but that's the case with many bands that have been around for a while(Bon Jovi, Blink 182, Pearl Jam). Besides when you have been making original music for over 30 years you have to expect a dip in quality at some stage. I was at a houseparty last semester and a girl there said she hated U2 and when i asked why her sole reason was because Bono's a "pretentious dick". I think over here at least it's gotten to the stage where it's just cool to hate U2 without even giving their music a chance. I wonder how many people that hate U2 have properly listened to their work between 1980-1990 10 years of pure brilliance on U2's part.

Gun's N Roses
Im not talking classic Gun's N Roses here instead im on about the new line up that released Chinese Democracy a few years ago. This album got a lot of criticism and a lot of it was unwarranted. When a lot of people first heard it they compared it to the old Gun's N Roses despite being two pretty much completely different bands. People don't compare Velvet Revolver's albums to the old Guns N Roses albums even though there's more original Roses members in Velvet Revolver and i can't help but feel Axel Rose has shot himself in the foot by keeping the Gun's N Roses name with his new material. I actually liked most of the songs especially "better, If the world and There was a time". DJ Ashba is solid on guitar and Axel shows he still has the ability to write and sing some great songs even if his behaviour at festivals is appalling.

Toby Keith is my favorite artist. I get shit on all the time for liking him because his songs are "too patriotic" or he "hates mexicans" or people think he's a "racist". He's really not, he's just a southern boy with a good voice and a great talent for writing songs. People that really dont like Toby Keith include hipsters and anyone without a soul.

Canibus.

A lot of people hate him because of the beef with Eminem. Many others hate him because he "talks about nonsense." If people would just give him a chance they'd realize he's probably one of the best pure lyricists out there. The problem is that because he is so intelligent, most of his songs are far, far above the average person's understanding. I'd like to think I'm a pretty smart guy but I find myself googling stuff from his songs. Most people hate that. You're not going to find him with hoes and bling on MTV but I think it's better like that.

Zebrahead

I can't say people hate them, but with my fellow british citizens, i know of no one among them who know of them. The people in america are give or take with them aswell.

Paramore
I'm a big para****e, love them (and Miss.Williams) but most people i know find that there Underground music was the highlight of there music and now dislike everything about them.

Eminem
Apparently he has had his hay-day and should retire already. (not my words) To be honest, his music digs deep and embraces your soul.

Reggae
Not an artist, but the genre, unless they are users then i don't know many who enjoy it, however i love it without the need of substances

Dubstep-Drum'n'Bass
Music for the gym. I'm the only one who listens to it. Again who knows why it's disliked by most of my peers. But they are a wierd folk.

Led zeppalin

I feel sad to report it but a few weeks ago i was listening to Led Zeppalin (my fav band is Guns n' Roses though) and when my friend found out he said "really, those guys are crap, LMFAO are bigger legends than they will ever be."

Nickelback

They tend to get a lot of shit for being lyrically shallow and while i tend to agree on that point there are still very few of their songs that i don't enjoy. Chad Kroegher's got a very unique voice the quality of which doesn't drop at live shows. I went to see them live in Dublin about 3 years ago now and they really are a fantastic band to see live. Great showmen and know how to work a crowd while also getting through all their best songs the fans wanted to hear. Their lyrics won't blow you away with their clarity but sometimes that's not what im looking for when i listen to music.

U2

I don't know what the consensus is on the forum but this band is not very well liked among students in Ireland and i can't understand why. Ill agree that their quality has dipped in the last few years but that's the case with many bands that have been around for a while(Bon Jovi, Blink 182, Pearl Jam). Besides when you have been making original music for over 30 years you have to expect a dip in quality at some stage. I was at a houseparty last semester and a girl there said she hated U2 and when i asked why her sole reason was because Bono's a "pretentious dick". I think over here at least it's gotten to the stage where it's just cool to hate U2 without even giving their music a chance. I wonder how many people that hate U2 have properly listened to their work between 1980-1990 10 years of pure brilliance on U2's part.

Gun's N Roses
Im not talking classic Gun's N Roses here instead im on about the new line up that released Chinese Democracy a few years ago. This album got a lot of criticism and a lot of it was unwarranted. When a lot of people first heard it they compared it to the old Gun's N Roses despite being two pretty much completely different bands. People don't compare Velvet Revolver's albums to the old Guns N Roses albums even though there's more original Roses members in Velvet Revolver and i can't help but feel Axel Rose has shot himself in the foot by keeping the Gun's N Roses name with his new material. I actually liked most of the songs especially "better, If the world and There was a time". DJ Ashba is solid on guitar and Axel shows he still has the ability to write and sing some great songs even if his behaviour at festivals is appalling.

*Axl not Axel

Slipknot

I love this band to death but none of my friends want to see them, or Slayer, or even Motorhead at Mayhem Fest this year. Very sad about that.

But Slipknot has for some reason become my favorite band to listen to. I love the chaos, aggression and sound they bring to my eardrums. Its great man, but a year ago I didnt really care for them, but now I love all of their albums and even though people complain that they are too mainstream, what's the big deal? They havent had an album out in 4 years. The lyrics just get me, and I love they way they make me feel. I dont know why, but thats just the way it it with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back