Are you into Art?

SwimminInIndy

Dark Match Jobber
So, are you into art?

If so, what kind? Do you like to paint, sculpt, or just look at all of it? What are some of your favorite artists?

I LOVE to paint, and love to have people look at my work. I have sold some pieces, but it is not even about that. I just recently built a website to showcase some of my work. www.RyanEdwardDavisArt.yolasite.com ...Check it out if you want.

I love comtemporary art, and Jackson Pollock is my favorite. I just love how outside the box he was, and it is a shame that he had to have such a drinking problem that eventually led to his death.

So what inspires you?

Checked out your site. I loved the Morrison charcoal and the Lion painting.

Well for me, it's Van Gogh. I love how yellow is persistent in most, if not all of his works I've seen so far. The painting I just found that caught my attention from him was

The Painter on The Road To Tarasco
the_painter_on_the_road_to_tarascon.jpg

I googled a few paintings about Van Gogh just now as I read the thread, and stumbled upon this one. It just made me compare it to
Wheatfield With Crows.
Vincent_van_Gogh_%281853-1890%29_-_Wheat_Field_with_Crows_%281890%29.jpg

It's amazing how the contrast is there between the two paintings, yet they still retain an aspect of Van Gogh: The Yellow is still there.

Goes to show that aside his troubled mind lies the vision of a genius.

Big into drawing. I love to draw still life pictures and inanimate objects of my liking such as Cars, Ships, Building, and more than anything People. I really like to draw people. I cartoon a bit too, love drawing cartoons. I have done a lot of wood burning in the part to do portraits as well, I like that quite a bit. Never been much of a painter unless it was a house, that being so I have a great respect and admiration for some of the great painters of history. Most notably Van Gogh, I love "Starry Night" and "Night Stars" the most. I also like "The Church at Auvers" quite a bit and "Irises". I have prints of them on my walls actually in my bedroom. Monet has a special place with me too, I really love his use of colors, and how vibrant his paintings are.

I'm more of a writer myself. Working on a book right now, in fact. Still no where near done, though. Was supposed to finish this past week...but you know how that goes.

Writing, to me, establishes a separate universe...a separate dream. The dream and the universe that is in the author's head. It is our job as writers to communicate that dream to the readers as efficiently and as wondrously as possible. If we fuck up the writing, then it instantly fucks up the dream, and the reader is left stumbling through the writing. Novels and writing of any kind are an art of words. An art of words that is just as beautiful as a Van Gogh painting.

That's not to say I'm not appreciative of or in awe of painting. I can't do that at all. Hand-eye coordination fails me every time. I just find my art in words, phrases, sentences, paragraphs, and pages.

Art, to me, is the equivalent of breathing. I need it.

I am trying to break into the world of illustration. I like to write a lot as well, but not as much as I love to do drawings and inkings. I don't mean to sound like a child at all with your question but I have to say my favorite artist has to be my mother. She taught me the fundamentals in sketching, painting, inking, and sculpting. Without her I would be imaginative with nothing to go on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back