Are you a Bogan?

Are You A Bogan?

• Shit Yeah

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The term bogan (pronounced /ˈboʊgən/, rhyming with slogan) is Australian and New Zealand English slang, usually pejorative, for a person who is, or is perceived to be, of a lower-class background. According to the stereotype, the speech and mannerisms of "bogans" indicate poor education, cheap clothing (singlet, jeans and no shoes are the sterotypical bogan outfit) and uncultured upbringing. 'Bogans' usually reside in economically disadvantaged suburbs (often outer metropolitan) or rural areas[citation needed].
The term is a close regional equivalent to the British terms Charva/Chav and the North American term White Trash. However the term 'bogan' is occasionally used with some affection in Australia/NZ, whereas those corresponding terms are not.

No.

Take into account whether you Like V8s and Rock Like Metallica, Pantera, Guns 'N' Roses, Poison, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, AC/DC and Kiss. Wears black.

No......I knew what it ment anyway cause I'm Australian, I hardly use it but, sometimes as a cheap insult.

Criteria for this term also encases those with a less than plentiful set of teeth.

It's about time you Americans and Ol' English folk (and even those kiss-ass Canadians) learned some Australian/New Zealand slang. I'm sick of learning all yours.

Oh, and no, I would not consider myself a bogan. Which really sets me apart from the majority of the 'community' I'm situated in now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back