Are they booking Kane too strong for the sake of Daniel Bryan's title reign?

Again WWE wants us to wipe our memories of the recent past. He wore the mask as part of Team Hell No and they were the biggest, not funny joke around...

As much as I'd like to see Kane win 'the big one' one last time, I have to reiterate the same notion that everyone else on here has - the vast majority at least - that Kane will not win. In all fairness, at this stage in his career and where he's positioned on the roster, or has been as of late, he probably shouldn't - supernatural powers or not.

Don't get me wrong, I've been a huge Kane fan over the years, and still am. Suffered through the many disappointing times when you thought that he was going to win 'the big one' once again, but didn't. I wouldn't complain if he did win, though. Let's leave that point there.

I kind of hope with this match at ER, Kane does something that means the match is declared a no contest. Whether it be throwing DB down to the concrete from the titantron stage - whatever. Just something that means Daniel Bryan is taken from the arena without either opponent getting a clear cut win. But Kane - having not actually won the titles - still leaves with the titles. Then have DB chase his own titles for the next month with the passion that we've seen in the past with his build to Wrestlemania.

I think the story would benefit from being extended to the next pay-per-view, so that the eventual win for DB means that little bit more and we 'the fans' are able to witness some more depth to the story. A lot of this is personal preference, and is probably based on a little bit of bias being a Kane fan, even though I am a DB fan too, but I'm in no rush for the Kane persona of old to go away too quickly; it does but come once in a blue moon. Especially nowadays.

I believe fans are tired of dusty finishes based on the response from fall 2013 during Orton/Bryan's feud.

Kane winning the title would be realistic. One thing that worries me about Bryan is this overcoming the odds angle will get stale and be like Cena pt. 2. If anything, this is an opportunity to show Bryan being vunerable and getting more fans behind him as he try to chase the title.

How realistic is it for a 7 footer to lose to a 5'8'' 200 pound who's supposed to have severe neck drama. Fans spending their hard earned money on their pay per views. It's not the fans of East Rutherford who paid for tickets for Extreme Rules can go to Illinois for Payback, WWE got to give the fans their money's worth

I believe fans are tired of dusty finishes based on the response from fall 2013 during Orton/Bryan's feud.

Kane winning the title would be realistic. One thing that worries me about Bryan is this overcoming the odds angle will get stale and be like Cena pt. 2. If anything, this is an opportunity to show Bryan being vunerable and getting more fans behind him as he try to chase the title.

How realistic is it for a 7 footer to lose to a 5'8'' 200 pound who's supposed to have severe neck drama. Fans spending their hard earned money on their pay per views. It's not the fans of East Rutherford who paid for tickets for Extreme Rules can go to Illinois for Payback, WWE got to give the fans their money's worth

I wholeheartedly agree, and you make some really great points. Even when I was writing about the no contest finish, or dusty finish as you put it (which I actually prefer), I did instantly think that that ending, especially for Bryan, is pretty old hat.

I think it breeds more from the fact that I don't want to see Kane outright lose, at least not yet, as I agree with you that it would be completely unrealistic at this point; even in the framing of the age old David and Goliath fable. Underdog stories are used far too much for smaller wrestlers. It's not like that is the only story that can be told. Which is why I would rather Kane go too far, which in keeps with his current character mode, and simple destroy him.

If he's going to lose, I'd rather see him lose later, much later, as that will be the end - and in all probability the last that we see this Kane. Mainly due to the fact that Kane is at the latter end of his career now. If for nothing else, for the sheer fact that Kane, more-so than anyone else in my honest opinion, has been a tremendous hand with immense consistency in his roster positioning throughout his career, he should get one more run and then put Daniel Bryan over. Even if all it is is another Austin one day title reign deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back