Are the fans more critical of the product?

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
I was listening to Former WWE referee Jimmy Korderas on Sunday night'S main event podcast yesterday and he brought up a good point about how today's fans pretty much stop suspending their disbelief and are more critical of the product and a actually agree with that point but i don't know why this shift in mentality happened.

I'm thinking that maybe because a lot of the today's WWE fans started watching wrestling during or after the attitude era which was less about keyfabe and more about liking who you wanted to like and reacting however you liked.

Maybe it's because now more then ever, the being the seen information from the dirt sheet like the wrestling observer newsletter are easily accessible to anyone who want to listen or read about it so it make it's easier to look at it through a critic eye instead of a fans eye.

Or maybe it's just that fans love to bitch about WWE because they are the big dogs in wrestling and that if guys like Meltzer can bitch about them all the time then it must be cool to do the same thing.

Whatever the reason is, it does take away from the product as a whole and we're bring back the old stereotype that wrestling is for the uneducated because of the way we act in the ring. We want the product to be treated seriously but the way we react make it feel like a complete circus and lowbrow entertainment.

So the question is simple, Why did fans went from believing everything they saw and enjoying it to criticizing everything?

No one is criticising everything. There are people with different likings and it's all okay. Someone likes a wreestler. Someone loves him. Someone doesn't even care. Someone hates him. Same wrestler. Different viewpoints. The criticism isn't bad if it's constructive.

By the way, why do you think that Meltzer always bashes WWE? Always is too big a word.

People will like what they like, and people will hate what they hate.

2dc983.jpg

At the end of the day, opinions are like @$$#0!3$. No one else’s should matter to you, but your own.

Look at what's going on and just see how you respond to it. It's interesting to read what other people think about something, whether they're writers or fans as you might gain a different perspective, you may read something that brought something to light that you hadn't thought of before or didn't notice but you should ultimately decide for yourself.

In my opinion, some fans are "too smart" for their own good. In many cases, these are the fans who only seem to respond to bigger and bigger spots or spots that are purposely designed to pop them. For some of these fans, the nuances of psychology and storytelling are pretty much lost on. In a lot of their cases, it's not so much the build or the storyline leading up to the match, it's all about how many times wrestlers can cause them to pop during a match. For me, a good match doesn't mean that fans are going "Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh" every 10 seconds, nor do the "this is awesome" chants necessarily constitute awesome. It's great to have an energetic crowd, obviously, but you have to remember that a lot of these sorts of crowds are working to get themselves over more than anything else.

If you don't like something that's going on, if you don't like how some wrestlers are being used, if you don't like certain angles, then voice that opinion. However, I think you should be certain that it's actually your opinion and that you're not just parroting something you read in a dirt sheet or that some troll posted in a forum or on social media.

Time is valuable. For every three hours of wrestling I can watch (which is still fucking insane), I can also hop on Netflix and spend that time binging a fantastic show full of rounded characters and plot that leaves me satisfied. I could also go to HBO, Starz, Showtime, AMC, etc and do the same thing. I don't necessarily think it's all because fans are "too smart to the business", I think it leans more to the discussion of fans are too convenienced now. When I was a kid, I grew up with local channels, and one of those was UPN and that's where I discovered Smackdown. It felt like I found a whole new world that only appeared in that time slot. All other shows I liked played on different day at a different hour, but wrestling was now and if I missed it then I was shit out of luck. Thanks to the internet and how WWE is operating now, I'm not missing anything. Sami is in the ring with crossdressing dudes pretending to be Lashley's sisters? Pass. Oh Strowman is going ham again? Shit let me go look up any one of the many videos WWE itself will already have on Youtube.

See, as a viewer I do want a bit more story with what I'm watching, and it is WWE's fault for not keeping up with the times. AMC and the like know I can just watch something else, so they resolve that problem by putting out a product with excellent writing - the writing that lends itself to the audience wanting to know what will happen next. WWE is at a crawl right now, just putting enough effort to make it to the next big event. Admit it, the writing the last three to four weeks has been awful. How is it that Banks and Bayley are in counseling while Strowman is allowed to flip Kevin's car and Kevin himself in a portapotty? What did Ronda do that was so bad to warrant suspension while that is going on? By opening that can of worms, fans are going to question things. That's natural. Not our fault WWE has allowed for amateur writing.

I'm sure there are contrarians who will go against the grain because WWE is popular so they'll beat the drum of ROH or NJPW. There will always be a pocket of fans that will shit on a product because of the exposure it gets compared to other viable programs. But I don't think that's the big issue. Fans can like several things at once. For me, the problem lies in what story is being told and how long the story is being told. Three hours of minimal plot is not good enough, so criticism is justified.

People are critical because they are used to more quality product. The last great event we had is maybe "Yes movement" of Danyel Bryan. And that was 4 years ago. From that time which memorable feud or event we got? Dont get me wrong, even Attitude Era wasnt that great in the first place and has lots of idiotic stuff. But it gave people lots of memorable feuds and events. Did Brock created something so memorable aside maybe ending Taker streak which was more Taker thing then his? Did Roman, even guys like Cena, AJ, Rollins and others who are in main event created something? Did so called "women revolution" created something aside of few good matches and reseting women on 3vs3 pointless matches? Sure, its easy to say "oh, but you would have to suspend your disbelief and enjoy" but if you turn off your brain that doesnt mean product is good, it means it really isnt. And if it isnt then it has every right to be criticized by people who got used to at least somewhat better state of that product.

I don't think fans really went from believing everything they saw to criticizing everything.

I know I didn't. I started watching just before Attitude Era but pretty infrequently so I couldn't really follow any storylines. Then during the WcW/NWO and WWE's Attitude Era I started watching more closely. Sometimes it was just colorful characters that interested me and the pure action itself, but there was intense action none the less and a lot of times that was the driving force behind the storylines, so I was hooked.

It's still supposed to be World Wrestling Entertainment. Both "Wrestling" and "Entertainment" are key words. The wresting part is overall pretty good as the talent can mostly put on a good wrestling match, but I'm finding the storylines are weak and inconsistent. It's a lot of content and Raw is WWE's flagship show and if anything that should be the show that is the most interesting, most intense and more action-packed with twists and turns and compelling storylines. But, for me at least, it's not, and hasn't been for a while.

The thing is, I'd LIKE it to be. That's why I've not completely stopped keeping up with it. But I don't spend 3 hours watching. I watch a highlight package of the show because it hasn't proven to be worth 3 hours of live watching.

Right now it seems like Vince feels jokey characters and segments is the best thing he can do right now. Last Raw was a big joke. Bayley and Sasha in counselling; Owens running scared of Braun and porta potty slapstick; Axel vs Hardy joking up the Broken Gimmick (just goes to show the tag division is a joke) nothing wrong with ONE light hearted segment in a show, but does it have to be the tag title division?) and Roman Reigns feuding with 5 other characters when most others can't even have ONE feud going!

Lucha Underground is a pretty good example of how if intensity, good writing along with good in-ring wrestling comes together how wrestling can actually be cool and not embarassing.

And people can go online and see YouTubers with WWE-character based shows that are more consistently entertaining than what actual WWE regularly provides the fans.

So good for fans being critical of WWE. Fans should not just sit and accept what WWE gives them if they are not entertained by it. There are other options and even if you hope for WWE to be better, the best way to send a message is not go to their shows or watch live or have the WWE Network or by merchandise. Then, if WWE improves then you can show them that by literally 'buying in'.

I was listening to Former WWE referee Jimmy Korderas on Sunday night'S main event podcast yesterday and he brought up a good point about how today's fans pretty much stop suspending their disbelief and are more critical of the product and a actually agree with that point but i don't know why this shift in mentality happened.

I'm thinking that maybe because a lot of the today's WWE fans started watching wrestling during or after the attitude era which was less about keyfabe and more about liking who you wanted to like and reacting however you liked.

Maybe it's because now more then ever, the being the seen information from the dirt sheet like the wrestling observer newsletter are easily accessible to anyone who want to listen or read about it so it make it's easier to look at it through a critic eye instead of a fans eye.

Or maybe it's just that fans love to bitch about WWE because they are the big dogs in wrestling and that if guys like Meltzer can bitch about them all the time then it must be cool to do the same thing.

Whatever the reason is, it does take away from the product as a whole and we're bring back the old stereotype that wrestling is for the uneducated because of the way we act in the ring. We want the product to be treated seriously but the way we react make it feel like a complete circus and lowbrow entertainment.

So the question is simple, Why did fans went from believing everything they saw and enjoying it to criticizing everything?

I think there is one other factor you forgot.

The wrestling fans are now grown-ups.

When WWF first became big was in the 80's. Back then, most of the people who post here were children, so they ate up things like "Hulkamania". They could suspend belief on wrestling like they could on Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Those times had colorful characters and loads of gimmicks. It was cheesy and goofy back then, but you were a kid, so you loved it.

But that was thirty years ago. Those fans would now be adults, probably mid-30s or older. They have a wife, children, a job and a mortgage. They probably fit in what little spare time they have playing golf, watching sports or having a drinks with the boys. Many of them don't have time to watch 3 hours of RAW and 2 hours of SD Live a week. Your tastes and priorities might have changed.

I think one reason why a lot of you watch NXT is because it is one-hour. If it was 3 hours, you might give that a miss as well.

Now, I wonder if someone of you fans on here might have just lost interest in wrestling, for no other reason than your tastes have changed. Wrestling is more of a childhood thing, and many adults wouldn't admit to following it. When I go to shows, most adults around me are dads with their three children dressed as John Cena.

I think the problem is that we didn't know every thing that was going to happen before it did back then. But now we have the internet, so we know what will happen before it happens. I remember when Bret Hart returned to WWE. I already knew because this site had told us for three weeks beforehand. Back in the day, no-one would have seen it coming, and it would be a genuine shock. There are few suspenses and shocks now, because sites report it weeks out.

I think where some of you don't get it is that you think wrestling should stop for you. You've changed, yet you want wrestling to stay the same. Vince isn't selling to you as much anymore. He is now selling to the next generation of children, who buy Cena merch and Roman merch. Kids need adults to bring them to shows and buy them stuff, so the ticket sales double, triple or quadruple automatically. It is the same principle why Pixar films do so well (you are guaranteed as least two ticket sales, a child and an adult). Children are also less discerning, so it is easier to sell whatever WWE want to push on them.

I just think that some of you need to realize that you will never feel the same way about the product that you once did, because everything has changed. WWE has gone from 4 PPVs a year to 12 or more. You've got older, and it is your children who might be more into wrestling than you, and we know everything that happens, as well as wrestler's personal lives (such as enemies onscreen being best buds off it, making it harder to "buy" a feud). That time has gone. Time to make way for the new generation. All you have are your memories, and the good times when you could just enjoy the product. It sucks, but it's life. The TV shows you watch are different now, the movies you like are probably different now. Your tastes have changed, and we have become old fuddy-duddies.

Here's the thing. The product has become extremely stale. Nothing matters anymore and having a three plus hour show with terrible backstage skits, terribly scripted promos that don't connect etc... doesn't help. It has nothing to do with my age, knowing about the wrestlers personal lives or any of that. Just like a great movie, if it's good enough I can suspend disbelief. But it's not.

Let me explain something. In 1985 when I was 6 I brought a Hulk Hogan rubber wrestling figure on the school bus when two older kids started making fun of me saying "it's fake" Right away I answered back that it wasn't but I thought about it for a minute and instantly knew that of course it was. At 6 years old I knew it was fake and didn't care.

I was always the kid who's friends busted my balls for being a huge wrestling fan. I could't wait to watch wrestling on the weekends. I would look forward to watching Superstars and Wrestling Challenge back to back and once they added shows like Prime Time or highlight shows I would watch those. I didn't care if it was mostly squash matches it still seemed like a big deal to me.Even in the mid 90's when WWE was at it's worst with extremely low attendance and everyone had the most ludacris characters imaginable, I still watched. I knew the product was terrible but I looked forward to it just the same.

But now things are different. There are still some things such as a lot of the woman's stuff, Braun Strowman, NXT and a few other things I am interested in. But I find myself recording the show, fast forwarding through most and basically only watching the highlights. I seem to enjoy reading about wrestling on sites like this then watching the actual show. And that's basically because of a few different things. The fact that Vince has become so stubborn that despite fans practically begging for a different direction, especially the main event scene, he continues to what he wants. It pretty much started with Cena. Back in the day Vince would listen to the fans, now I think he's just trying to prove he's right. Then there's the whole thing where at events like Wrestlemania, and especially in the main event both guys have to kick out of finishing move after finishing move.

All the matches seem to go the same way and it takes the viewer right out of it. Hit all the big moves, one after another while the announcers have to act amazed that so and so didn't get beat, even though it happens EVERY time the exact same way. I think some, not all (or even all that often) matches should end with some of the bigger moves that are NOT the finisher. Just so near falls mean something again. Because lets face it, if a match isn't gonna end with a finishing move, we know it's gonna be a surprise rollup or something silly like that. That needs to change. You know what, maybe even end a Wrestlemania with one finishing move. Anti climatic ? Maybe, but let's make finishing moves mean something again.

Nobody wants to see the crap such as the congo dancers with No Way Jose or most of the silly stuff like that. How can they not see it doesn't work ? Right now the live audience doesn't seem to be able to connect either. The crowds are usually absolutely terrible. The bottom line is, WWE needs to really shake things up. They need to change the entire look and feel of the show and start listening to the fans again.

Here's the thing. The product has become extremely stale. Nothing matters anymore and having a three plus hour show with terrible backstage skits, terribly scripted promos that don't connect etc... doesn't help. It has nothing to do with my age, knowing about the wrestlers personal lives or any of that. Just like a great movie, if it's good enough I can suspend disbelief. But it's not.

Let me explain something. In 1985 when I was 6 I brought a Hulk Hogan rubber wrestling figure on the school bus when two older kids started making fun of me saying "it's fake" Right away I answered back that it wasn't but I thought about it for a minute and instantly knew that of course it was. At 6 years old I knew it was fake and didn't care.

I was always the kid who's friends busted my balls for being a huge wrestling fan. I could't wait to watch wrestling on the weekends. I would look forward to watching Superstars and Wrestling Challenge back to back and once they added shows like Prime Time or highlight shows I would watch those. I didn't care if it was mostly squash matches it still seemed like a big deal to me.Even in the mid 90's when WWE was at it's worst with extremely low attendance and everyone had the most ludacris characters imaginable, I still watched. I knew the product was terrible but I looked forward to it just the same.

But now things are different. There are still some things such as a lot of the woman's stuff, Braun Strowman, NXT and a few other things I am interested in. But I find myself recording the show, fast forwarding through most and basically only watching the highlights. I seem to enjoy reading about wrestling on sites like this then watching the actual show. And that's basically because of a few different things. The fact that Vince has become so stubborn that despite fans practically begging for a different direction, especially the main event scene, he continues to what he wants. It pretty much started with Cena. Back in the day Vince would listen to the fans, now I think he's just trying to prove he's right. Then there's the whole thing where at events like Wrestlemania, and especially in the main event both guys have to kick out of finishing move after finishing move.

All the matches seem to go the same way and it takes the viewer right out of it. Hit all the big moves, one after another while the announcers have to act amazed that so and so didn't get beat, even though it happens EVERY time the exact same way. I think some, not all (or even all that often) matches should end with some of the bigger moves that are NOT the finisher. Just so near falls mean something again. Because lets face it, if a match isn't gonna end with a finishing move, we know it's gonna be a surprise rollup or something silly like that. That needs to change. You know what, maybe even end a Wrestlemania with one finishing move. Anti climatic ? Maybe, but let's make finishing moves mean something again.

Nobody wants to see the crap such as the congo dancers with No Way Jose or most of the silly stuff like that. How can they not see it doesn't work ? Right now the live audience doesn't seem to be able to connect either. The crowds are usually absolutely terrible. The bottom line is, WWE needs to really shake things up. They need to change the entire look and feel of the show and start listening to the fans again.

I get you're point because in a way, I was that guy for a while, then I realize something, Vince still listen to the fans but not those that's been watching for 20 or 30 years but the new generation of fans that see the product the way you and I use to back in the 80's. The product is mostly focus on trying to get that new generation of fans that will make their parents buy most stuff from them then adult will.

Just look at all the kids stuff they release in store or on their website. It's unbelievable the number of different type of action figure they have in store. How much other toys they have for sell plus just look at all the merchandise aimed at kids. The main roster is more a family oriented product then something for the hardcore long term I'm o.k with it. I get into the cheesy stuff they do and the cartoony character because that's what I grew up on and that's what entertained me. But that's me, I get that for some fans, they want a more serious product and I'm ok with that. But at the same time, while the product is stale, it's been the most successful in years and that's because of the formula that Vince went for.

The thing is WWE doesn't care about a certain section of the crowd thinks because the hardcore aren't the priority right now, we are going to show up and spend money on this kids product anyway so that we can complain about the product. The newsletters and writers will still watch the show because they need to report on what they like and don't like.

It's kinda like when a adult go see a kids movie like the incredible orsherlock gnomes and then complains about how boring the movie was. It's sure that this particular movie will be boring for them, you're not the target audience and WWE is pretty much the same thing, it's a kid product, like it always was even when they marketed themselves as adult oriented entertainment during the attitude era. They still marketed the shirt out of the product to kids and it will always be that way in WWE since that's been a successful formula for Vince for 30 plus years.

Yes and No! People these days, are less likely to sit and watch a full three hours of a TV show which they believe to be non-interesting; especially if they record it and can skip half of the boring bits in between. RAW this week was terrible and SmackDown, although it was good, was still bad at the end of the day. Why Vince still thinks that anyone apart from himself would laugh at Owens being thrown off the stage in a porta-potty, is an embarrassment to himself and to the company. Ps; Keep promoting the anti-bullying, because we all know what this storyline is pretty much doing :rolleyes:

SmackDown, now it did give us Hardy vs. Miz, which I do believe was the show stealer; I mean who thought that Miz would ever be the one to carry another superstar, never mind a veteran, 10 years ago; because I certainly didn't even think he would be there till today. Staying on the point of the Miz, he has been given ridiculous storylines on SmackDown (if we can call them that), and he doesn't seem to be going anywhere, anytime fast; he needs to once again be the WWE Champion, as he is the star at the moment on SmackDown. I mean who else is bored of AJ being the Champion?! I know that I am, and I couldn't be more un-interested in his match with Rusev, if I tried; now if this was when Rusev was a red hot heel, I would definitely be looking forward to it. Now the next point, what the hell was the ending of the show all about; it could have finished in so many better and different ways; instead of the BB's coming out (not even taking their ridiculous masks off), and staring down DB and Kane. I mean come on.

So in relation to the article posted, the reason as to why people are so critical is due to the fact that no storyline on the WWE Roster today, is interesting. I mean I would rather sit and watch Jersey/Geordie Shore at this point, and we know how both of those shows are. What WWE needs to do, is get a tiny bit edgier, now I don't mean; 'lets throw it back to the Attitude Era', I mean that they need to push the boat a bit with storylines; everywhere is doing it; I mean if Donald Trump can run America and get away with half of the things that he is saying, and not be shot; I would be damn near sure that WWE and Vince alone, could get away with something a little more interesting.

I hate to be 'THAT GUY', but this is only a problem for WWE fans. Nobody who watches NJPW is complaining. Nobody who watches ROH or Lucha Underground are crapping all over the product on message boards. Heck, even the handful of people who still watch iMPACT are loving that show. I genuinely feel bad for the people who just can seem to watch anything besides WWE. They'll sit there and force themselves through 3 hours of RAW and hate the whole thing. I'm sorry you guys don't have fun watching Pro Wrestling anymore. The rest of us are having a great time.

I hate to be 'THAT GUY', but this is only a problem for WWE fans. Nobody who watches NJPW is complaining. Nobody who watches ROH or Lucha Underground are crapping all over the product on message boards. Heck, even the handful of people who still watch iMPACT are loving that show. I genuinely feel bad for the people who just can seem to watch anything besides WWE. They'll sit there and force themselves through 3 hours of RAW and hate the whole thing. I'm sorry you guys don't have fun watching Pro Wrestling anymore. The rest of us are having a great time.

I haven't watched more than five minutes of Raw since Mania, I'd rather catch up on Impact and ROH. I'm on my second week of not watching Smackdown. I'm at the point of only waching NXT and 205 Live from WWE. I love watching NJPW, Lucha Underground, Impact and ROH because they know what fans want and most of the time they give it to us. Not watching main roster trash has made me a happier wrestling fan.

It's a generational thing but the reality is WWE would be well served to listen to their fans more as it would only increase their profit margins in the long run. 10 things I would do right now to improve the product.

1) Turn Roman heel. (The fans will not accept him as the face of the company so quit trying to make him that). Plus his look is built to be a heel. Have Heyman turn on Lesnar at Summerslam and start managing Reigns. A heel Reigns w/Heyman is gold.
2) Shuffle the tag division (Smackdown has 5 solid teams, Raw has maybe 2). The Bar, The Uso's, The New Day, The Bludgeon Brothers, & The Club all on Smackdown??? Bad shakeup this year. Move the New Day & The Club back to Raw. To offset the losses move The Revival & Titus Worldwide to Smackdown.
3) Turn Kevin Owens face. (His character needs a fresh restart and a face turn would be great for him).
4) Build on the Ziggler/McIntyre group by adding Bobby Roode & Elias. Both these 2 have been lost on Raw recently and need some positive direction going forward. A Roode/Elias tag team could be nice to.
5) Create Women's tag titles on both brands. With only 1 title for the women on both shows the storylines could expand with a 2nd title.
6) Give Lashley more push and less mic time. He's terrible on the Mic so just let him dominate and say less.
7) Give Becky Lynch another run as Smackdown Women's Champion! I would love to see her beat Asuka for the belt at Night of Champions
8) Have AJ Styles win the Royal Rumble and challenge a heel Reigns for the Universal Title.
9) Make the Miz vs. Bryan feud huge going into Wrestlemania season. Doesn't need to have a title involved but needs high placement on the card.
10) Let Lesnar leave or just bring him back for special matches, no more title runs. Having your major title absent every Monday is killing Raw.

It kind of boggles the mind how much you seem to care so much about what fans think and how they react. I mean in the long run why do you care? Everyone is an individual with different tastes and opinions. While there might be a wrestler you think is fantastic, there are others that won't think that way. There will be a number of reasons as so why and neither one of you would be wrong, just different.

I've been watching wrestling since before the Attitude Era, taking a break every now and again. Still view it as I always have since I've always known that it's more like a soap opera than an actual sporting event. There will always be wrestlers you like that other fans don't and vice versa. Didn't matter to me how fans thought, watched for my own enjoyment. It's an each to your own situation really.

Lately I will admit that wrestling has in my opinion gone downhill somewhat. With the roster they have it should be special, it isn't. Started taking another break from it before Mania and while I still keep up by reading the results, sadly don't see much change, it's like I never left.

It kind of boggles the mind how much you seem to care so much about what fans think and how they react. I mean in the long run why do you care? Everyone is an individual with different tastes and opinions. While there might be a wrestler you think is fantastic, there are others that won't think that way. There will be a number of reasons as so why and neither one of you would be wrong, just different.

I've been watching wrestling since before the Attitude Era, taking a break every now and again. Still view it as I always have since I've always known that it's more like a soap opera than an actual sporting event. There will always be wrestlers you like that other fans don't and vice versa. Didn't matter to me how fans thought, watched for my own enjoyment. It's an each to your own situation really.

Lately I will admit that wrestling has in my opinion gone downhill somewhat. With the roster they have it should be special, it isn't. Started taking another break from it before Mania and while I still keep up by reading the results, sadly don't see much change, it's like I never left.

The reason I care so much is that the reaction of fans enhance the show. When fans decided to react in a critical manner and try to take over the show, it ruin the show for me, that's why I stop watching NXT or any Indy tv show. Because while the product is really good, having fans cheer or boo who they want just ruin the experience for me.

It might be the old school wrestling fans in me, but I love watching the baby face getting cheered and the heel getting booed which doesn't happen anymore. All we have is a lot of shade of grey type wrestlers which is the reason why nobody is becoming this huge star on the level of a cena,HHH or undertaker just to name a few.

While I get that everybody like who they want and accept it, I still found that fans are more critical today then 20 or 30 years ago and it's not helping the product at all.

Fans are more critical of today's product because today's product has been truly awful the last few months.

It's simple. If the product is garbage, fans are going to complain. And the product has been garbage.

The reason I care so much is that the reaction of fans enhance the show. When fans decided to react in a critical manner and try to take over the show, it ruin the show for me, that's why I stop watching NXT or any Indy tv show. Because while the product is really good, having fans cheer or boo who they want just ruin the experience for me.

It might be the old school wrestling fans in me, but I love watching the baby face getting cheered and the heel getting booed which doesn't happen anymore. All we have is a lot of shade of grey type wrestlers which is the reason why nobody is becoming this huge star on the level of a cena,HHH or undertaker just to name a few.

While I get that everybody like who they want and accept it, I still found that fans are more critical today then 20 or 30 years ago and it's not helping the product at all.

Clearly you don't watch NXT because Ciampa is a heel and gets constant boos, TM-61 heels who get booed, Lars heel that gets booed... The reason why nobody is becoming a star like Cena, HHH, or Taker is because Vince doesn't want them to.. unless your name is Roman...

Clearly you don't watch NXT because Ciampa is a heel and gets constant boos, TM-61 heels who get booed, Lars heel that gets booed... The reason why nobody is becoming a star like Cena, HHH, or Taker is because Vince doesn't want them to.. unless your name is Roman...

Give it up already about this whole reigns narrative. If Vince truly wanted reigns to be the top star like the narrative as been for the at less 4 years now, he would be a top star even if the smart fans didn't want to just like he's doing with strowman right now.

Give it up already about this whole reigns narrative. If Vince truly wanted reigns to be the top star like the narrative as been for the at less 4 years now, he would be a top star even if the smart fans didn't want to just like he's doing with strowman right now.

Look I try to be nice on these forums, but Jesus Christ how dense can you freaking be?

Are you SERIOUSLY claiming Vince doesn't want Roman to be a top star?

Look I try to be nice on these forums, but Jesus Christ how dense can you freaking be?

Are you SERIOUSLY claiming Vince doesn't want Roman to be a top star?

No, not at all, but he also want Strowman, AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins and anybody else that can make him money as a top guy. That's all i'm saying here. That the whole Vince desperately want Reigns to be on top and won't push anybody else excuse doesn't work anymore because like it or not, Reigns is on top is because he's out selling everybody except for the part timers and AJ Styles in merchandise sell so he would be stupid to stop pushing him just because the more critical fans don't like him.

No, not at all, but he also want Strowman, AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins and anybody else that can make him money as a top guy. That's all i'm saying here. That the whole Vince desperately want Reigns to be on top and won't push anybody else excuse doesn't work anymore because like it or not, Reigns is on top is because he's out selling everybody except for the part timers and AJ Styles in merchandise sell so he would be stupid to stop pushing him just because the more critical fans don't like him.

Roman Reigns only sells so much because he's being pushed so hard.

And honestly he should be selling much more.

Roman Reigns only sells so much because he's being pushed so hard.

And honestly he should be selling much more.

Logic of a smart fans that don't know anything about how the wrestling business work.

Reigns sell because they're a section of the fans that like him from the start and that's why he got push and then his merch sells went up because more fans that don't mind buying merchs actually liked him. That's how the business works and basicly everybody should be selling much more not just reigns but some of the most over guys with smart fans just don't sells as much as those who are over with kids and casual.

Logic of a smart fans that don't know anything about how the wrestling business work.

Reigns sell because they're a section of the fans that like him from the start and that's why he got push and then his merch sells went up because more fans that don't mind buying merchs actually liked him. That's how the business works and basicly everybody should be selling much more not just reigns but some of the most over guys with smart fans just don't sells as much as those who are over with kids and casual.

I'd rather be a smart fan than a pathetic fucking sheep like you. Who cares if he sells the most merch, his push has completely ruined the entire Raw product! I have an idea, let's just inject Reigns in his over former Shield brother's feud to try and get him a positive reaction.

I'd rather be a smart fan than a pathetic fucking sheep like you. Who cares if he sells the most merch, his push has completely ruined the entire Raw product! I have an idea, let's just inject Reigns in his over former Shield brother's feud to try and get him a positive reaction.

I rather be a pathetic fucking sheep like you say then a smart fans because at less I know that if wwe was listening to the smart fans, they would be out of business by now.

Also I know you we're probably be sarcastic but that idea seem to work since every time he went back to help one of his shield guy, to hardcore fan base became sheep and started cheering him like the rest of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back