Anyone else sick and tired of the countless....

powerade

Occasional Pre-Show
recaps on RAW!!!!

OMG! We already saw it....whether it was the beginning of the show, or something from last week or something from 2 weeks ago....
WWE now has to show something over and over and over and over....
like when Batista got hurt....we saw it like 5 times in one night...then 3 times next week...

I know sometimes to pump a story or sell a story they need to show it again and hype it up but geesh....the recaps are getting ridiculous...

anyone agree?

Recaps can indeed become incredibly tiresome. This is why God invented DVR's however, I haven't watched a recap in a long time because of the trusty fast-forward button. They're necessary though for the people who may have missed the previous show/PPV.

The problem with the recaps now is the combination of far more then they used to have and those recap promos not being very creative. Every single one of them is exactly the same, does anyone remember when promo packages used to be creative and, y'know, good? They were especially top-notch during the late 90's.

those video packages are pretty damn good. i love film and television production, and the way those things are made and the power of them is nice. even if they are repetitive. tna for example, does SHITTY recaps. SHITTY.

also, an honorable mention would be steve austins hall of fame induction package. we've all seen austin do all of that. we all know of austins amazing career. but damn...that was amazing. the power of it.

To some extent, yes, I agree. However, you have to remember that Raw is officially two hours without commercials. There is only so much time they can go between without filler to help it out. The recaps will make it so that those at home, and those in the audience, don't become completely burned out by the relentless action that's going on.

Like xfearbefore said, the issue lies not in the quantity, but rather in the quality. The recaps use to be extraordinary, as they had music that really set the mood so well in the background. The voice going over the action helps, as well, and to some extent, it actually freshened up the promos when you heard them. The promos were spliced so well between the announcer speaking, and the actual wrestler speaking. Nowadays, you don't have an announcer speaking in the midst of the wrestlers, you only have random promos spliced together to create the recaps.

Consider the recaps for these two matches. One for Sid and HBK in 1997. The other for HBK and Randy Orton:

[youtube]E0HNvmnV1Qk&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]rkIktLXXl_4[/youtube]

You have almost no narration of the story, and for that matter, if someone wan't watching for a week or two, no one would know the course of actions that occured over time. Everything seems oh-so clusterfucky, and it's almost like watching a car crash. Do you notice how smoothly the HBK-Sid recap video flowed, and how well it articulated the story occuring? It is an actual story when you hear of what's going on. As compared to the clusterfuck you receive when watching today's recaps.

The problem is not quantity.... the problem is quality.

john tenta....i get what your saying....but what im saying is when the start of raw is Legacy attacking HH, then they say earlier tonight "blah blah blah" and show it again 4 more times through the night...

those are the recaps i'm talking about

john tenta....i get what your saying....but what im saying is when the start of raw is Legacy attacking HH, then they say earlier tonight "blah blah blah" and show it again 4 more times through the night...

those are the recaps i'm talking about

Ah..... Well, all right then.

Let's put it simply then. People turn off Raw halfway through the show, and people also turn on the show halfway through, as well. Recaps are needed simply so they can get audiences up to speed. Not everybody turns on for the entire show, and some people switch channels. Therefore, they need to have the recaps to show what has happened for those that haven't been paying attention.

Here in Canada they do a 15 minute countdown to Raw and recap last weeks show. So, Raw starts at quarter past instead. Then, when the show actually starts, it's......surprise surprise a recap of last weeks Raw. I definitely get tired of all the recaps.

i agree. this especially gets bad at PPVs. they will show the same recap in the beginning of the show, and then right before each match. its ridiculous!

A lot of the reason for this is because not everyone sits in front of the tv the entire time. Now if u do do that I can see how it can get annoying and frustrating, but its the same as seeing the same stupid axe commercial 30 times in 3 hours last week. A lot of people will get up for food or other things or sometimes just switch channels to see whats going on in the game. Both WWE and the advertisers need to hit all of the viewers even if some are only watching for 20 minutes. Thats why you see the same recaps and the same commercials constantly.

Another reason I can think of is that we dont have a good recap show like we used to. Theres AM Raw but that airs at like 2am for me. It used to be where you could miss an entire week and watch on sat or sunday morning and get caught up in an hour. Unfortunately those days are gone so we get all the recaps during the normal shows

I totally agree 100 percent. I'm sick of seeing Batista get hurt (even though it's hilarious lol.) Tonight's RAW was supposedly "commercial free" but instead of commercials, they kept playing WWE videos and what not, replacing commercials. Chill out with the dang recaps. There's probably a solid hour of action, the rest commercials and recaps. CHILL OUT VINCE!

At first I was all like "these are well-produced television pieces that show off the abilities of the video production department to make shitty writing and storylines seem important and almost theatrical in nature" but now, I'm completely sick to piss of their overly dramatic nature.

And my poor Philadelphia ******ed friend Neil McGilloway has to put up with recapping an ECW show half full of just RAW video packages.

to the guy who posted the bit about the promos with 2 vids....i have to disagree i got bored with the sid hbk one n turned off halfway thru lol i think promos nowadays or more a few years ago rather were much better than the old promos

you know why they did a ton of recaps last night, because it was live for the whole 2 hours, even in the UK which wa surprising, they need to fill that gap of preparation the commertials would fill so they do that, and omg how many times did they plug that chicken, just eat it and get it over with haha

but yeah they do this alot, the worst thing is on PPV matches where they recap everyhing that has happened in the month, like we saw the previous week, and the week before that and so on, as if they think we would tune into a ppv match without knowing what the hell is going on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back