• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone Else Catch the Shot Tazz Took at Michael Cole?

Iwantwrestlingback!

Dark Match Winner
During the Impact Wresting knockout match between Tara and Madison Rayne on 9/29/11 did anyone else catch when Tazz said "I call that vintage madison rayne". Does anyone else think this was a shot at Michael Cole or was it just something that came out?

Yeah, he does it from time to time to be honest with you. I mentioned this in the live discussion thread. They take cheap shots at the WWE if you really pay attention. It just isn't as obvious any more; well they do it less often than before. I personally don't care if it is an official shot at the WWE because I think Taz is an awesome commentator. God I am going to get for saying that.

I think you're one of the very few people that considers Taz an "awesome" commentator.

And it's not so much a shot, in my opinion. Everyone makes fun of Michael Cole's "vintage", even in the WWE.

It could be, Tazz has been known to throw obvious or subliminal shots at WWE or people from WWE. I remember back in February I think. He made a direct shot at The Undertaker when The Pope was pushing a casket. TBH, I don't think TNA should be making shots at WWE. They need to focus on what's going on at home, and build their damn company. It's like a scrawny kid picking a fight with Brock freakin' Lesnar. Hit the gym first, kid.

If any of your remember..tazz was with michael cole on smackdown they are actually very good friends...tazz has stated that cole is is fav person to work with bcuz he learned so much from him..and while tna does frequently take shots at wwe i think it was more of a personal shout out if u know what i mean

If any of your remember..tazz was with michael cole on smackdown they are actually very good friends...tazz has stated that cole is is fav person to work with bcuz he learned so much from him..and while tna does frequently take shots at wwe i think it was more of a personal shout out if u know what i mean

Yeah, I'm with you there...TNA's pretty much put the kibosh on nipping the 'E's heels ever since they got smashed in the head-to-head Monday deal...only every blue moon barely enough to notice most of the time.

Yeah I heard that I was like did he say vintage Madison rayne it might have been a shot at Cole but it could've just came out but either way I thought it was funny tba always takes shots at wwe

I'm not sure it was a real shot at Cole. Michael Cole character on TV is a jackass, but I've heard Taz talk in interviews how great Cole is off camera and how great it was working with him on Smackdown. Also he has given credit to Cole for helping him become a "better" announcer.

I doubt anything more was meant by it than just a bit of poking fun, friends do that

a shot? I guess there's a chance Tazz could have used that as a shot. but I also think that could be a real stretch by wrestling fans to think that. vintage isn't just a word used in wrestling. it means something old. I haven't watched WWE in a while now so no idea how often this Cole uses it. I think it might be that Tazz used this with 0% connection to WWE.

During the Impact Wresting knockout match between Tara and Madison Rayne on 9/29/11 did anyone else catch when Tazz said "I call that vintage madison rayne". Does anyone else think this was a shot at Michael Cole or was it just something that came out?

Fact is, WWE programming is better. If it weren't, the little engine that could wouldn't have to attack them.

funny thing is, I think Taz forgets who he is commentating with...one week I swore I heard him accidentally call Mike Tenay "Cole" lmao

Tazz has done this dozens of times. Heck at one point he would talk about how he was making a point of saying "vintage" on commentary every week. It obviously is directed at Cole but I doubt there's any real malice behind it. Surprised how many people have not noticed this before? regardless, really nothing to see here.

Probably something they both picked up from working together on Smackdown. I'm sure one said it at one point and now it just seems natural for them. Michael Cole just uses it excessivly now so it's kind of become his thing.

And I will say... I think Taz is an awesome commentator as well. At least if you compare him to today's commentators. He actually calls the action, he doesn't distract you from the product(Michael Cole), who gives a fuck if he's a bit incorrect in terms of grammar and formalness.

I think people might be reading too much into it...

When you work with someone for ages, you pick up on eachothers quirks. Him saying it was most likely out of habit.

I was rewatching my WM22 DVD the other day, and I did enjoy the commentary from Taz

When Cole says, vintage Undertaker, when he's talking about the Tombstone or the chokeslam, cool, because it is, Vintage Triple H when he's going for the Pedigree, yea! vintage Cena with the FU? eh...

Cole says it with every single guy who is a face, when they are building steam in a match, on Monday i think i heard him say, "Vintage Sheamus"...

As far as Taz goes, sweet, he can say vintage all he wants, he is friends with Michael Cole, and I remember many times on Smackdown where Taz would say it too, so I don't think that it was a shot against Cole.

That was definitely a shot at Cole. His vintage line is so cheesy that there's no reason not to make fun of it. He used to only say it about things like Taker's rope walk or Michaels' Sweet Chin Music. However now he says it about everyone and when I hear vintage Sheamus or vintage Randy Orton it doesn't sound right. The worst of all was "Vintage Bragging Rights!" at the PPV of the same name. How can it be VINTAGE if it's THE FIRST ONE!?

Cole is an easy target for TNA to poke fun at. WWE is their main rival so they are going to take shots at them. The whole "wrestling matters" thing? A shot at WWE not calling their superstars "wrestlers" anymore. They take little shots at WWE like that because no matter how much of an advantage WWE currently has, they still have a competition with TNA in promoting a better product and poking fun at them is really all TNA can afford to do right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back