• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any Recomended Games?

911 JP

Love the sig!
I consider myself a pretty big gamer, well I used to, but in recent years, months whatever my love and interest in games has died down. This is because they really arent what they used to be. It almost seems as if the creators put all of their time and energy into making the game look great but the storylines are short and weak.

The last game I bought was Heavy Rain, and that was a game, everything about it I loved.

But I wnat a game (or games) that will keep my attention and interest for ages. The last game that had that effect on me was San Andreas, it kept me glued to the screen for months on end, yeah I was younger but y'know.

But I am very interested in playing games other than realistic games and FPS, (I really like MW2 Multiplayer), but whatever games, genres etc you recomend I am willing to try, I was thinking about buying Tron but I have been encouraged to believe that fntasy, or fake games in general are crap so I have steered away from them, but if some of them are addictive I will gladly give them a shot. (others I have been thinking of trying is Asasins Creed Brothehood and Brink when it is released)

But what games do you recomend for me

Thoughts and opinnions?

Thankyou

How about Batman: Arkham Asylum?
I was so bored by the psn outage that I went and bought the game. It is a really good game. The story itself is very cool IMO and it is semi-short depending on how much you play every day. There is also a lot of challenges and riddles to solve. If you are one of those guys who likes to complete trophies or achievements then this is a game for you man.

Wow, yea, ive read alot about that game, but it looks good, i never thought that id like it, but based on what u said sounds great! Thanks alot man!

Ummm really I think you could just about try anything. Just pick up a few older games from your local game store.

You could try picking up Madden 10 or 11. They are both pretty simple once you get the hang of them and can provide some good fun with friends.

Racing games like any GT or Need for Speed also bring a good challenge for single player.

I know the new Duke Nukem game for me will keep me in for some time during the summer. I know you said something about no shooters. But comon man any game in devo for over 10 years could be worth the pickup.

If you want replay value just go pickup Pokemon B/W or the newest remakes Soul silver and Heart gold.

But in the end you mentioned Tron, that game will not dissapoint you. If you've seen the movie you have basically seen the game. But the online multi-player is fucking fantastic. Go pick that one up for sure man, I was really impressed with that.

You said that you liked playing GTA: San Andreas... and I'm sure you've played GTA IV and realized that Rockstar lost its flare. However, have you tried Saints Row or Saints Row 2? Yeah, the game is a massive gang warfare with a lot of San Andreas stolen from it, but at the same time, it's the one game that I've been playing and actually do love. The characters between one and two flow so well together and the connection lines between the games are nice. It's different from GTA in a sense that it's all one consistent story whereas GTA has different people each time.

Yea i have saints row 2, was a pretty great game, not as good as san andreas imo but good. Im waiting for saints row 3 to come out now. Good suggestion tho.

If you want a long game get Red Dead Redemption its just an amazing game and if your a trophy guy this is a game for you (95 with all DLC) And even After you completed it multiplayers a masive step ug from GTA 4.

If your looking for value for money, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is your best bet in terms of multiplayer. You could honestly waste months/years playing that game online. Plus whilst the single player is short, it's so very sweet and a constant rollarcoaster. However to really enjoy the multiplayer, you've got to be very dedicated and prepared to put the time in to improve as a player, otherwise you'll just get killed all the time.

And whilst I'm not sure whether this counts, L.A Noire is out this week. It looks like a lengthy game and whilst it's created by Rockstar, it looks to take take all the elements that made their previous games great and given everything a new twist. It looks absolutely stunning so perhaps thats something people will be recommending very soon.

And whilst I'm not sure whether this counts, L.A Noire is out this week. It looks like a lengthy game and whilst it's created by Rockstar, it looks to take take all the elements that made their previous games great and given everything a new twist. It looks absolutely stunning so perhaps thats something people will be recommending very soon.

I will be playing this myself tomorrow. I got it today but my wife has control of the television right now, stupid cooking shows. From what I've seen and heard the game looks gorgeous and the storyline is pretty solid. You play a detective who investigates crimes based off real life crimes from 1940's LA. I usually like Rockstar games and I'm sure this one won't disappoint.

If you want a long game get Red Dead Redemption its just an amazing game and if your a trophy guy this is a game for you (95 with all DLC) And even After you completed it multiplayers a masive step ug from GTA 4.

If you haven't played this one GET IT! I loved this game start to finish bar maybe two or three missions. There is so much to do in this game. DO the missions, bounty hunt, hunt wildlife, complete challenges or hell, go rope some wild horses if that's what it takes to be entertained. Myself, I just like riding around and just snooping. There's so many run down houses and ruins of old buildings to just walk around and look at all the detail they put in this game. Plus the game had it's tougher moments while never giving me more than I felt I could handle. It was a perfect balance of toughness. And when you're done with this game get the Undead Nightmare dlc. Great addition to the franchise. They could have just added some zombies and a few missions and said there ya go, buy our game! But they did so much more. There's different classes of zombies, a ton of missions, returning characters, survivors to rescue and towns to save.

As for my own recommendation I would say Resident Evil 4. I played the hell out of this game. Beat it on every difficulty and then multiple times over. The one drawback is that you can't walk and shoot. Not a deal breaker for me but my roommate stopped playing the game because of it so I know it bugs some people. Great storyline (it's Resident Evil), great graphics and the awesome mercenaries mode. Plus you can play the storyline co-op which is how I played every time. Really fun game and some intense situations.

Hope that helps.

it's an older game, but one of the best games ever...Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Even for casual Star Wars fans, this game is fantastic. It will take you plenty of time to beat, there are all kinds of side quests, mutliple characters that join your party, a HUGE plot twist and you can choose to go light side or dark. Be a Jedi, or be a Sith, based on how you interact with others. This game is deep, and because of the wide variety of choices you have to make to push you towards good or bad, it has a lot of replay value too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back