• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another Scream trilogy in the works?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuntz

WTF!!!!
I have been doing some of my usual surfing toay, and accidentally came across a few articles concerning Scream 4 being in the works. Being an original Scream trilogy fan this somewhat concerns me. The first 3 movies were a well writen set of stories that played out wonderfully and everything was explained and they actually had plot, which is more than I can say about other Slasher/Horror flicks from then or earlier. The only problem I had was that they killed Randy(Damn them all to hell).

Now here they are, a decade after the last movie and Kevin Williamson has a script and story just about ready to start filming. Wes Craven is also on board along with Neve Campbell, David Arquette, and Courtney Cox Arquette are all onboard.

My question for all of you is this...do you really think Williamson can give us the same expectations from a new trilogy with the same characters? I am extremely skeptical of this move from him being that back when 3 was released hew stated he would not make a 4th unless he changed characters among other things.

Next, what can you see Williamson and Craven coming up with to want us to see this new trilogy and keep us intrigued enough to watch all 3.

I am truelly hoping that they don't ruin the first trilogy's legacy by fucking up with new plans of expanding the series.

Yeah you're a bit late on finding out about this mate., I've been keeping tabs on this for nearly 8 months now since it was confirmed. Personally I don't have a problem with it, I grew up on the Scream trilogy (there was not a cooler fucking thing on Planet Earth---except for maybe Stone Cold) but by the time the third film came out it's not like we have to protect some national treasures here. The new film is going to be a bit of a reboot with only minor roles from Neve Cambell, David Arquette and Courtney Cox, but I'm looking forward to it, especially with the involvement of Williamson and perhaps Craven. We're just going to have to wait and see how the first one comes out before judging the prospects of a new trilogy.

I am with X on this one. I to have been keeping tabs on this for awhile now because, like you, I am a fan of the original trilogy. I see no problem with a fourth addition to the series and from what I have seen neither should you. They are reportedly bringing back all the important people, even if it is in cameo roles and I don't think it will go past this fourth movie. If it does then maybe my concerns will arise but on the flip side they will have already built the new characters into the franchise by the end of this fourth film.

If anything I am just going to be upset if they exclude an obligatory cameo by Randy. He some how needs to enforce the rules of a franchise in some way. I think the story overall will be fine and the original cast will be able to carry the film if worst comes to worst. Cox, Campbell, and Arquette all have great chemistry in this series and will make for some entertaining watching. Don't fret about the future to much, I think it'll be fine.

Randy was the shizznit, and my favorite character. I saw all 3 in the theatre and will see the 4th as well when it is released. As far as I have read Williamson has confirmed that Craven will be directing while on subaticle from Vampire Diaries, so that is a major push for me. The only reason I am reluctant is because Craven did say after the third he had no interest in pushing more after that because in his opinion the trilogy was perfect as was, which i completely agree with.

I was not a huge fan of the third installment so at the very least I could see this as a "stab" at giving the fans a true ending but then again I can see your reluctance to see it. I think the trilogy as a whole is fine but I have no problems with a new addition. It could potentially start the rebirth of classic slasher films with younger fans. And, like I said before as long as their is some sort of Randy cameo I will be happy. He truly was the shizznet.

I see a new scream as a negative i mean the first scream was really good and gave you what you would want out of a slasher flick but after that the scream name went spiraling down hill fast. Scream 2 was bad and then Scream 3 was just plain awful in every way i almost fell asleep watching that movie it was that bad. I just have this feeling that a Scream 4 would be worse then Scream 3.

Must agree. The first Scream was great because you really didn't get to know who the killer was untill the very end and it was someone who was in it the wholr time. they also hinted at it being everybody at least once, dso the suspence was there. I hated the other two, so i have no desire to see a fourth. How many MORE people have a grudge against Whats-her-name. However, if she does a shower scene, i'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back