• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another Edition of the Cigar Lounge Newsletter

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
We're at it again!!!

Watch me debate Sly and KB over standardized testing.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=61928

This debate is getting good. The arguments are epic all around, if I do say so myself.

Come talk about global warming. Another great thread by a rookie (and former poster of the week).

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=61832

The National Healthcare debate seems to have reopened.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=61832

Another pot debate is opening as well. Come yell at the stoners, or pass the blunt to one!!!

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=61069

Please, come make some new topics and threads for us to debate. No opinion is invalid. All arguments are welcome. Come see why The Lounge is the best non wrestling section on the boards!!!!

This editions featured poster is Sly. When he's not getting all adminny with it, he is a great debater, and I am so glad we have finally found something to bring him back to the Lounge!!!! Sly, thanks for making my section better with your wit and intelligence.

Here is a link to some of his work.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=61928

:blush:

Thanks. I think this is number four. We need to get some more traffic in there.

Noobs like Dexter and Razor do a great job in there, and we need some more people. I was thinking about doing this, and then IC started talking about competition between the NWS mods, so I pulled the trigger.

I don't think I have enough influence to pull as many people as you do, so if you want to plea for more traffic, I wouldn't be upset.

I appreciate the recognition again. Kinda feeling like that Church of Green post was a failure though. I really wanted to spark some passionate debate with that one but it just didn't happen for whatever reason.

*shrug* They can't all be winners. I'll do better next time.

It's because everyone on this forum is smart enough to see though the sham of global warming. Someone will trip along into it and try and take everyone on.

It's because everyone on this forum is smart enough to see though the sham of global warming. Someone will trip along into it and try and take everyone on.

Yeah, I think I just underestimated you guys. I'd seen there were a few liberals and figured one of them would pounce on it but even they surprised me.

Gotta say, I'm happy to be wrong.

I'm a fucking anarchist and I know that global warming is bullshit. The theory of it being man-made and that it's going to kill us all that is.

:D Alright, I get it. It'll take me a while to get used to my audience and figure out what's going to be controversial and what isn't.

Well though no one here agrees that global warming is quite as bad as the people in favour of it are stating, do you guys actually think that we are doing no damage to the enviroment and that we should continue what we are doing at will?

(And considering that this joke has been used once or twice so far- I am not referring to Will's of the one big kind :) )

Personally while I don't believe there is an immediate danger of us destroying ourselves, I still think that their overall message is right. We really should cut down on the damage we are causing.

Well though no one here agrees that global warming is quite as bad as the people in favour of it are stating, do you guys actually think that we are doing no damage to the enviroment and that we should continue what we are doing at will?

(And considering that this joke has been used once or twice so far- I am not referring to Will's of the one big kind :) )

Personally while I don't believe there is an immediate danger of us destroying ourselves, I still think that their overall message is right. We really should cut down on the damage we are causing.

Problem is, the "damage we are causing" is GROOOOOOSSLY exaggerated. As X accurately pointed out in the thread, humanity contributes to around 1% of all carbon emissions. Realize we're VASTLY outnumbered on this planet by a lot of other organisms that breathe and otherwise produce carbon waste. Unless we're going to go around demanding that all the animals on the planet hold their breaths, it just isn't going to matter that much.

I'd think there's something to it, but I don't think we're all going to be melted in 20 years like some people would say.

I'm not worried about Global Warming. The world will be over in 2012 anyway.

Yeah I noticed that argument but in reality (or in my opinion anyway) that is only the carbon emissions directly contributed by man. One of the largest single damaging factors comes from methane, which mainly comes from cows. While this isn't directly attributed to man- the cows are still there to feed man- they still have been bred to achieve their size by man- they are still protected from predators by man. It also doesn't account for the factors that man is contributing towards the reduction of our oxegen releasing organisms.

In addition you can't look directly at carbon emissions. Man causes damage in so many ways, so many different kinds of pollution. The problem as you pointed out well in your thread was that in our current church of green- carbon is the devil, where 10/20 years ago it was cfc's.

It all depends on how much damage you figure that man is causing. Unlike all the geography books I ever read, oil did not dry up in the mid 90's, and we are probably not all going to die due to this in the next 50 years. We are causing large amounts of damage in many different ways, the build of waste, chemical and nuclear pollution, and failure to recongise this means that we will probably eventually dig ourselves into the hole that we are currently portrayed as residing in.

And I don't live living in holes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back