Announce Teams

pacersnrams781

Dark Match Winner
Which brand Raw, Smackdown, or ECW do you think has the best announce team?

I think Joey Styles is the best announcer, but I really don't know who I think has the best announce team.

i think JR and the king are by far the best. i have never really cared for taz as an announcer, but i do like joey styles. also, i love JBL on commentary.

JR and King are Raw.. And also WWE... I think there the best announcers just for the reason that they have been around the longest.. After them its prob JBL and Cole and then Tazz and Styles.. There all great announcers tho.

Tony Shavouni ( spelling)
Mike Tennay
Bobby the brain
and Larry Zabisko from time to time

were the best. most knowledgable, most entertaning, good mix. good passion. King and Jr are a very very close second, extremly close. might even be a tie. Jr over does things some times, thats why there in 2nd. taz.....who ever else is announcing these days are bums. announcing should have history....even Mcmahon was a good announcer.

Very pro, baby face worked well with King who was very pro Heel, naturally for the next generation era it worked perfect. Mcmahon and Gorilla were brillent as well in the previous generation

the best anouncer is jbl cause he is funny and he does not favor a certain group of wrestlers

Got to be JBL. Hes not only funny but he really does big up matchs and make them sound so tense that you want to watch them

nwo4life4life said:
Tony Shavouni ( spelling)
Mike Tennay
Bobby the brain
and Larry Zabisko from time to time

Schiavone, Tenay and Zbyszko unavailable for comment.

JR and King: JR needs to stop making those weak pop culture references. Other than that, they're alright... which puts them at the top for WWE.

Cole and Bradshaw: Both are just awful and one of the main reasons I don't watch Smackdown (though I might have to restart with the recent additions to the roster).

Styles and Tazz: Much like pretty much everybody else from the original ECW on the fake ECW, they're too watered down and have to settle for second.

I'd rather have Tenay and West over any of them, though.

I cannot stand JBL on commentary, the way he talks is annoying, and I cannot stand him considering himself a "wrestling god" when he was never very good, even though he held the titles and stuff, he just was not on level to call himself that (I know it is his character, but it bothers me.)

That being said, one of my favorite commentary moments was him and Tazz going back and forth the other night on RAW Family Reunion. Good stuff, and I assume that it was legitimate heat between the two of them.

Best team currently is JR and The King, and considering my memory of wrestling only dates back to 1998, they are the best team I have ever witnessed.

Joey Styles is definitely the best PBP commentator IMO, but as for colour commentary it's much closer, but I'd say Tazz. JR and King are pale shadows of their Attitude era selves.

LeninandTrotsky said:
Joey Styles is definitely the best PBP commentator IMO, but as for colour commentary it's much closer, but I'd say Tazz. JR and King are pale shadows of their Attitude era selves.

Is it possible that this is because WWE is a pale shadow of Attitude era WWF? They don't have as good of material to work with.

jefferson411 said:
Is it possible that this is because WWE is a pale shadow of Attitude era WWF? They don't have as good of material to work with.

That is most likely the reason that JR and King are nowhere near as good as they once were. Let's face it, most fans today don't get the same amazing thrill about the shows as they did in the past. These days, we have to look hard to find excitement in WWE shows, whereas in the past, the excitement was already in the WWF shows and we just sat back and enjoyed the ride.

JBL has had me laughing a lot recently. He is very entertaining and much more knowledgable than Tazz ever was. He will only get better with time and as his character is a bi-product of the current WWE way of doing things, I believe he will be able to provide the best commentary for it.

King & JR are excellent. Styles didn't ever capture my imagination as an announcer and Cole is...Cole...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back