Angle Vs Joe Ii

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownsfinest424

Dark Match Jobber
So I just finished watching the Angle vs. Joe 1 and I would like to say that this was a big dissapointment. I've been reading rave reviews about this match saying that this match was a 5 star match and that it was the best match they had ever seen. I say that's bullshit. These two guys are amazing in the ring, but to me this match was mediorcre. I felt it could've been done better. I think Angle has been in better matches than these. Angle v.s. Lesnar WM 19 and WM 21 vs Michaels. Let's hope that the second match is a lot better than the first.

I disagree with the Lesnar match being a better match than this one (considering the entire botched ending and Lesnar almost committing suicide off the top rope and the audience's lack of interest). Angle was nursing an ankle injury going into it, I believe, so they ended up cutting it short. This will definitely not be the last time these guys go at it. Also remember that Angle is in the process of shaking off ring rust as he'd only had one match prior to fighting Joe. He wasn't exactly dealing with a technical wizard in Abyss, but was just mixing it up with his smashmouth style. When Angle gets his sealegs back, it'll probably be a different story. I am personally waiting to see him face Styles as I think that will be a true demostration of athleticism.

With such high expectations it was inevitable that most people would be dissapointed. I think this months rematch at Turning Point will be the best match of the year. With the match at Genesis not living up to the hype they will make an extra special effort to have the best match possible.

I didn't have high expectations to begin with and I was still disappointed...Those who know me know i'm not a big Samoa Joe supporter...He's very talented don't get me wrong...He just seems a little overrated to me.And for someone who complained that WWE held him back from wrestling his style and yet that match didn't look any different from his last WWE match so What were they holding him back from?And WWE is where he got his Start its not like he wrestled a more intense style in ECW and then went to WWE and had to tone it down..WWE more or less made Angle's wrestling style asfar as actual Professional Wrestling goes not his Olympic style wrestling that won him a gold medal..I knew their first match was going to be disappointing..When you go out TRYING to put on the best match of the year, you're inevitably gonna fall short..If Angle/Joe go in to Turning Point and just let everything flow instead of trying to put on a Wrestling masterpiece, then they might put on a hell of a match..Ofcourse, it'll take alot for them to top Kurt Angle's match at No Way Out with The Undertaker...People don't give that Match enough credit for probably being the best match in Undertaker's 15 year career.I think Angle/Joe II will be alot better than the first but knowing Angle, he'll try to go out there and put on the best Match the world has ever seen just to prove he's better off in TNA and that's when he'll screw up, get injured, or worse. Kurt wants us to remember him as the greatest Wrestler of all time but those of us who remember guys like Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Mr.Perfect, HBK, will never remember him as such...So it's best if Angle just shuts up, goes out there, and puts on the best match possible before he alienates the few fans he has that supported his move to TNA and didn't fear for his life..It's kinda bad that Angle's supposed to be better off in TNA and in his first match, injures his ankle..So much for being healthy..Just goes to show you that When you wrestle conservatively(I could tell he was saving his best for Joe), you're gonna get injured.Sadly, I think that ankle injury may be the least of his injuries from here on out.

Kasey said:
I disagree with the Lesnar match being a better match than this one (considering the entire botched ending and Lesnar almost committing suicide off the top rope
That was amazing that a guy lesners size was able to pull that off. It having a botch at the end of it was a good thing. Arial moves are suppose to have a suicidal feel to them. That botch just made the match seem more real. It made an arial move ten times better. Brock slammed his head hard on that ring. And it was real for that moment in time. I felt like i was watching something real like pride. I would like to see some of the other high flyers strap on about 100 lbs and then do a shooting star press. Now that takes skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back