• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

André 3000: Better Actor or Musician

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
If a mod doesn't think this belongs in the music section feel free to move it. I'm never 100% sure with these threads.​

This is another thread series I've done and if you're at all curious here's the others I've done in order from first to last. Unlike the series I'm doing currently it has no set date (as you can see the last one I did was over a year ago) I just do one when it pops into my head but I'll take requests if you have one you want me to do.​

Music: Everyone knows that Andre 300 is 1/2 of the extremly popular group Outkast along side Big Boi. Every album they put out has gone at least platinum in the US (One even went 11x platinum which apparently is diamond) and at least gold in Canada with Speakerboxxx/The Love Below hitting 2x Platinum in the UK (The one that went Diamond here in the US). So extremely popular is proably putting it mildly.​

For those that may not be farmiliar with his music here's a song from Speakerboxxx/The Love Below where Andre lilterally plays all the intruments by himself as well as sings.

[youtube]PWgvGjAhvIw[/youtube]​

Acting: not as lengthy as his music resume but he's been in some of my favorite stuff. He's been in both movies and TV the most known being The Shield (TV), 4 brothers (Film) and a supporting role in Hollywood Homicide (Film) along with an uncredited part in Scary movie 4. He's been in other's but like I said these one's are him most famous.​

My opinion: I know most people are going to say musician and they would be right but for me I can't decide on one or the other so it's a tie. On one side he is a very talented musician quite posibly one of the best I've heard. With that being said his is a genre I'm not really a huge fan of so I haven't listened to all his stuff but what i have heard is excellent. As for his acting The Shield is one of my all time favorite shows and I'd be hard pressed ot find a movie I like and enjoy watching more than 4 Brothers and Andre plays his role perfectly.​

I love watching TV and movies but he hasn't been in a lot although I love what I've seen so far and hope he gets more acting jobs. He's obvioulsy a talented musician but I'm not a big fan of the genre he's in. May not make sense but that's why for me it's a tie.​

What's your opinion?​

Edit: While i was typing this I was wondering why Hollywood Homicide sounded so farmiliar and i remembered it's because my grandparents own it. I'm gonna have to watch it and see how it stacks up to everything else I've watched.

The only thing I've seen him in is "Four Brothers" which I thought was great. But his music is so out there and unique that I'm gonna go with that. I remember when "Roses" came out: "Caroooliiinnnneee........", makes me laugh right now. And of course "Hey Ya." That song got overplayed but it doesn't make it bad, just overexposed. B.O.B is another great one, while imo mostly Big Boi shines Andre' has the lines I remember most: "One Nine Nine Nine...." and "Too low to dig might just touch Hell, Hot!"

Yeah I'll go with music. I also forgot, "Shake it like a polaroid picture!"

His acting roles have been alright, but there's no way he's a better actor than musician. The answer can be summed up in three words: The Love Below. This was Andre 3000's half of the famous Speakerboxx/Love Below album by Outkast. Every song on it was amazing and shows his skills as a musician. It's cool that he has gotten into acting too but he's better as a musician because his musical work truly stands out in its genre while his acting work does not.

Andre 3000 may be the best rapper ever. If not you cant make it out of the top 5 without mentioning his name. He has never had a bad verse in any song that he was involved in. When it comes to acting he's okay but nothing that's going to be oscar worthy which is the equivalent to his Album of the yea Grammy that he received for Speakerbox/The love Below.

I am going to vote for him as a better actor than musician. Apart from "Ms Jackson" I have never liked a single Outkast track. Supposedly they are awesome, as most people seem to like them, but there is just something about their voices that annoy the hell out of me. I don't find lyrics like "Shake it like a polaroid picture" good to listen to, just not my thing.

Andre was in The Shield, which is my favoruite show ever, so that is good enough for me. Definately better as an actor :D. I know most people wont agree due to the success he has had as one half of Outkast, but thats my choice :)

I'm going to be the ignorant one in this thread... I haven't seen anything he's acted in but I have seen the animated show he did. He was good in it and had a lot of great ideas...

I personally feel though that he is an excellent musician and should stick to what he is the best at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back