And Slyfox wins again

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
I have completely kicked all kinds of ass in the Favre vs. Packers thread.

See, the only reason I make this thread is because if I don't, then I'll have to read the same stupid shit about how I'm arguing semantics or some stupid shit like that. So, this thread is a pre-emptive strike, bitches.

Slyfox is still undefeated.

That was one of your better ones. Granted I agree with about 90% of what you said in there so that might play a big role in it.

Is this going to start a boom thread for WZ, where everyone bands together to hate Sly and call him an asshole? That would be pretty awesome.

I kicked your fucking ass in that thread. Go read it. You aren't right about a single thing.

Are you fucking kidding me? All you listed were assumptions, which were terrible, and tried to discredit hard news sources by saying home town bias.

You lost that debate so badly, it's not even funny.

This is terrible. This is another "Sly wins because he says he did" piece of bullshit that you are famous for. My Lord, you got smoked.

I kicked your fucking ass in that thread. Go read it. You aren't right about a single thing.

Are you fucking kidding me? All you listed were assumptions, which were terrible, and tried to discredit hard news sources by saying home town bias.

This is terrible. This is another "Sly wins because he says he did" piece of bullshit that you are famous for. My Lord, you got smoked.

:thumbsup: This is a good start. We just need more people to fan the flames. (Oh god...what a shitty pun.)

I'm just sad the Packers got outplayed. Again. I can't even properly argue for them anymore.

Well, Fox's points were countered by your sources, and I even remember it being stated that Farve would have to compete for the job. So that bit you were right about, and I also have to agree it wasn't Rodger's fault they went whatever they went.

It's funny when someone is losing an argument so they have to make a thread about themselves and tell lies about how they are winning.

I have completely kicked all kinds of ass in the Favre vs. Packers thread.

See, the only reason I make this thread is because if I don't, then I'll have to read the same stupid shit about how I'm arguing semantics or some stupid shit like that. So, this thread is a pre-emptive strike, bitches.

Slyfox is still undefeated.

I still say I got you on the Luger/Vader argument. Just sayin'.

Brotherman, haven't you already fallen for this trap once before? If I remember correctly, it was about college football. If there's some unusual rapport that you two guys have that I'm unaware of, then ignore my comment here, and apologies.

That was one of your better ones. Granted I agree with about 90% of what you said in there so that might play a big role in it.
:lmao:

The way 95% of debates are "won" on the Internet. If you agree with a poster, then they have won in your eyes.

Is this going to start a boom thread for WZ, where everyone bands together to hate Sly and call him an asshole? That would be pretty awesome.
I have the ban button ready...

I still say this needs to happen someday:

KB and Sly vs. the world.
They wouldn't stand a chance.

:lmao:

Just give up already. You know I won that so badly you're now even trying to change the argument. Just face it, you got killed.

It's funny when someone is losing an argument so they have to make a thread about themselves and tell lies about how they are winning.
Actually, I was telling the truth. And I only made this thread because I went to bed and wanted to needle FTS a little. Looked like it worked. ;)

I still say I got you on the Luger/Vader argument. Just sayin'.
And I still say you got killed.

But, I don't think we debated Luger vs. Vader, we just debated Luger. And I brought up how Luger beat Vader.

Just give up already. You know I won that so badly you're now even trying to change the argument. Just face it, you got killed.

I never changed my argument. I said that you can't blame Aaron Rogers for the Packer's record last year because he led the fifth ranked scoring offense in the league. They scored over 30 points a game. Good enouigh to win.

You also never proved that the Packers didn't offer him a chance to compete for the job.

If I am right on the only two points I raised, how exactly did you win?

Brotherman, haven't you already fallen for this trap once before? If I remember correctly, it was about college football. If there's some unusual rapport that you two guys have that I'm unaware of, then ignore my comment here, and apologies.

There is a lot of repsect hidden in the curse words and name calling.

I never changed my argument. I said that you can't blame Aaron Rogers for the Packer's record last year because he led the fifth ranked scoring offense in the league. They scored over 30 points a game. Good enouigh to win.
And YOU can't disprove my original statement, which was the very basis for the thread.

Favre is better than Rodgers. Favre beat the Packers twice this year, and the same team Rodgers had at 6-10 last year, Favre had at 13-3.

You also never proved that the Packers didn't offer him a chance to compete for the job.
Yes I did. I most certainly did. You gave evidence that he MIGHT have been offered the job. I gave proof that he wasn't given a chance at the job.

And, if I had time, I'd go back and search on the articles from the time frame, but since I've been a Favre/Packer fan since the early to mid 90s, I'm damn sure that I know they told him he couldn't even compete for a spot.

If I am right on the only two points I raised, how exactly did you win?
Because you're not right, and you can't change the fact that what I said was correct. Favre beat the Packers twice this year (at home and on the road), and that the same team Favre took to 13-3, Rodgers took to 6-10.

Those are completely indisputable facts.

And YOU can't disprove my original statement, which was the very basis for the thread.

Favre is better than Rodgers. Favre beat the Packers twice this year, and the same team Rodgers had at 6-10 last year, Favre had at 13-3.

First of all, you made the claim, so the burden of proof is on you. You failed....badly.

Secondly, it has been shown to you in that thread that it was not the same team. They were missing several defenders and offensive lineman, and the running back disappeared.

Third, you cannot deny that one year drop offs like that happen in football all the time. The string of Super Bowl runners up that fail to make the playoffs and the Titans serve as evidence. Your evidence is "Sly said that doesn't happen, so Sly is right." That doesn't work. You got smoked...badly.

Yes I did. I most certainly did. You gave evidence that he MIGHT have been offered the job. I gave proof that he wasn't given a chance at the job.

Please show me that evidence. I gave you like four news articles from USA Today, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and ESPN. You gave me a blog. I would argue that you suffer credibility issues. Furthermore, all of my articles post date your blog entry, therefore, the most recent information is usually viewed as the most accurate. Also, just because you found one blog doesn't mean that you're right. I found a source, and then I confirmed it through three more. You haven't confirmed anything. Four news articles trump one unconfirmed blog.

And, if I had time, I'd go back and search on the articles from the time frame, but since I've been a Favre/Packer fan since the early to mid 90s, I'm damn sure that I know they told him he couldn't even compete for a spot.

And I'm damn sure that people who aren't fans that have a soft spot for him, and who are objective journalists that get paid to not take sides said he was. So did the coach, President of the Team, and GM. But hey, you're a fan.....

Because you're not right, and you can't change the fact that what I said was correct. Favre beat the Packers twice this year (at home and on the road), and that the same team Favre took to 13-3, Rodgers took to 6-10.

Well, Favre didn't beat the Packers. The Vikings beat the Packers. Shit, Sly, you could go for 250 and two TD's against that defense. It's terrible. I showed you how that Packers scored more points with Rogers, gained more yards, had less turnovers, and suffered from a shitass defense on a team that was decimated by injuries. You should look past the roster and look at what actually happened. But, I shouldn't expect that from you, because you're a fan and because you could never be wrong, you know, except this time.

Those are completely indisputable facts.

And yet I give you real facts and they're disputable. :lmao: It's one or the other.

And, the only fact here is that you lose, badly.

But it was fun. :)

First of all, you made the claim, so the burden of proof is on you. You failed....badly.
Exactly. I made the claim and I proved it.

Favre is 2-0 against Rodgers. Favre's team went 13-3, and a year later, with the same team, Rodgers went 6-10. What more proof can you possibly want?

Secondly, it has been shown to you in that thread that it was not the same team. They were missing several defenders and offensive lineman, and the running back disappeared.
They actually weren't missing those guys, but good try. Most of the guys who wound up injured did so after the Packers were already showing themselves to not be an elite team.

Third, you cannot deny that one year drop offs like that happen in football all the time.
Not like what the Packers had, with a team that should have gotten better, not worse.

If everyone just got old, that would have been one thing, but most guys were entering their prime years, or were still in prime years. That's not a valid argument.

The string of Super Bowl runners up that fail to make the playoffs and the Titans serve as evidence. Your evidence is "Sly said that doesn't happen, so Sly is right." That doesn't work. You got smoked...badly.
Good point...if that had actually been my argument.

But hey, why bother with facts and truth when you can bullshit?

Please show me that evidence.
For fuck's sake, just feel fortunate this was easy for me to find:

[youtube]t4XHGSy8Lwc[/youtube]
[youtube]kRRXTdZfJ90[/youtube]

And the transcripts to the interview:

http://www.everyjoe.com/emqb/brett-favre-fox-news-interview/

http://www.everyjoe.com/emqb/brett-favre-fox-news-interview-part-2/

And I'm damn sure that people who aren't fans that have a soft spot for him, and who are objective journalists that get paid to not take sides said he was. So did the coach, President of the Team, and GM. But hey, you're a fan.....
And yet, Brett Favre said he wasn't. So who would have more to gain from this...Brett Favre, or a team looking to save face with their paying customers fans?

That's what I thought.

Well, Favre didn't beat the Packers. The Vikings beat the Packers.
And the Packers beat 13 teams in 2007, and only 6 in 2008. We can play word games all day long.

But, I shouldn't expect that from you, because you're a fan and because you could never be wrong, you know, except this time.
I'll be wrong the moment Rodgers proves he's a better QB than Favre. Which he hasn't done for nearly 6 years now.

And yet I give you real facts and they're disputable. :lmao: It's one or the other.
No, you haven't given real facts. Your, and others, argument has been "21 people on a team got much worse, and a "source close to the Packers" says Favre was offered a spot to compete.

I, on the other hand, have given you facts. 2-0, 13-3, 6-10, same players on roster, and Favre himself saying he wasn't going to be allowed to compete.

And, the only fact here is that you lose, badly.

But it was fun. :)
I think what's fun, besides the fact that I've totally kicked your ass, is that we are now arguing about our arguments. How awesome is that?

Exactly. I made the claim and I proved it.

You made a claim, said it was rigfht because you said so, and got proven wrong time and time again. Stubborness is cool, I guess, but you lost. Give up.

Favre is 2-0 against Rodgers. Favre's team went 13-3, and a year later, with the same team, Rodgers went 6-10. What more proof can you possibly want?
I must have missed the part where they were playing tennis. Football is not a one on one sport. The Vikings are far better than the Packers as a whole, just not the QB position.

They actually weren't missing those guys, but good try. Most of the guys who wound up injured did so after the Packers were already showing themselves to not be an elite team.
Ryan Grant never showed up last year. The defense fell from a top ten defense to a bottom ten defense. The offense scored more points with Rogers, turned the ball over less, and he had less to work with. I don't know why you deny facts like this, but if they don't fit your argument, then facts don't matter. That's an odd way to debate, but whatever.

Not like what the Packers had, with a team that should have gotten better, not worse.
Seriously, I don't know where you get this from. Did Charles Woodson and Al Harris age backwards and get under thirty? A year older, a step slower, and surprise! The pass defense was worse. But hey, facts, right? Who needs them?

If everyone just got old, that would have been one thing, but most guys were entering their prime years, or were still in prime years. That's not a valid argument.
Who was? The injured Ryan Grant? Or was it the 33 year old Donald Driver? Maybe is the 35 year old tackle....... These are the most important positions.

Good point...if that had actually been my argument.
That actually was your argument. You're the one that said that teams don't suffer one year drop offs like that. I gave you example after example. But, hey, why use facts when Sly's opinion is involved?
But hey, why bother with facts and truth when you can bullshit?
I don't know why you're asking me that. You're the one who points at facts and calls them untrue, you're the one who denies actual sources from stories. Watch, I'm going to do it too. You're going to tell me, in some smug superior tone that you adopt when you're losing, that I can't do that, and then continue to do it to my sources.

For fuck's sake, just feel fortunate this was easy for me to find:

[youtube]t4XHGSy8Lwc[/youtube]
[youtube]kRRXTdZfJ90[/youtube]

And the transcripts to the interview:

http://www.everyjoe.com/emqb/brett-favre-fox-news-interview/

http://www.everyjoe.com/emqb/brett-favre-fox-news-interview-part-2/
Wow, so a butt hurt central character denies being offered the job when all kinds of sources from inside the negotiations say that it happened. Brett Favre's greatest sin is his pride. That's why he continued to force the ball in and throw interceptions, that's also why he made plays. And if he cared for the fans as much as he claims, he wouldn't have gone to the Vikings.

And yet, Brett Favre said he wasn't. So who would have more to gain from this...Brett Favre, or a team looking to save face with their paying customers fans?
I don't know, but I would say the guy whining about his job might decide to stick with his story. Packers fans have been waiting on Aaron Rogers for years.

That's what I thought.
And that's the whole problem, this whole debate is about what you think as opposed to what happened. This was a terribly weak attempt and the way you keep holding on is making me laugh. Admit defeat and move on.

And the Packers beat 13 teams in 2007, and only 6 in 2008. We can play word games all day long.
Well, you don't understand the game at all. We can compare position by position if you want. Adrian Peterson...better. Percy Harvin....better bernard Berrian....better Jared Allen.....better Steve Hutchinson....better The Williams....better Winfield.....better. The Vikings are better at every position except quarterback.

I'll be wrong the moment Rodgers proves he's a better QB than Favre. Which he hasn't done for nearly 6 years now.
You do understand he had to sit behind Favre and watch him throw 20+ picks a year for a while. Rogers proved he was better when he led the broken down Packers offense form a year ago to more points and yards than Favre did with everyone healthy. Favre got to the NFC title game, where he continued to throw picks, on a running game and defense. You want to say Favre is a better leader...fine, but he's not a better QB at 40 than Rogers is right now. Brett Favre was better than Rogers is now, but now, he's a game manager and his biggest job is making sure he puts the ball in Peterson's breadbasket on the handoff.

No, you haven't given real facts. Your, and others, argument has been "21 people on a team got much worse, and a "source close to the Packers" says Favre was offered a spot to compete.
And you're evidence is, "I don't think teams have big dropoffs even though he keeps showing me how it happens and I deny that the Titans are having a bad year because it's inconvenient to me and an interview with a central player in the story with a history of twisting stories, like pills.

I, on the other hand, have given you facts. 2-0, 13-3, 6-10, same players on roster, and Favre himself saying he wasn't going to be allowed to compete.
But you've taken every fact so far out of context that it's laughable. You don't understand what you're saying. You are wrong beyond all belief. You should stop now because you are embarrassing yourself.

I think what's fun, besides the fact that I've totally kicked your ass, is that we are now arguing about our arguments. How awesome is that?
You kicked your own ass. You took everythng twisted to mean something that it obviously doesn't and you're so convinced that you're right that it is legitimately making me laugh. You aren't close to right. Not even close. In fact, I would say that no one has ever been more wrong than you are right now.

We're arguing arguments because in a story like this there are hundreds of facts that contradict each other. Then there are mine, which paint a beautiful picture of my epic pwnage. I've always wanted to use pwnage in a sentence.

Here are the stat by stat comparisons for Favre and Rodgers for this year. 40 Year old Favre vs Rodgers FTS. Hopefully this will answer your questions about who is better.

Their stats are almost identical. Except on a run first team Favre has more completions a higher comp. percentage the same amount of passes per game, only 64 less yards on the season and two more scores and one more pick. Thats a 2:1 better TD to INT ratio for those keeping score at home.

Favre > Rodgers even at 40. Facts below you.

Pass Comp./Att Rodgers 147/225 {Favre 174/256}
Comp.% Rodgers 65.3 {Favre 68.0}
Att. per game Rodgers 32.1 {Favre 32.0}
Yards Rodgers 1,989 {Favre 1,925}
TD/INT Rodgers 14:2 {Favre 16:3}

So the fact that their numbers are virtually identical proves what?

The two stats that correlate best to long term success are yards per attempt and TD/Int ratio, both of which Rogers leads.

So the fact that their numbers are virtually identical proves what?

The two stats that correlate best to long term success are yards per attempt and TD/Int ratio, both of which Rogers leads.

The fact that Rodgers and Favre's stats are both practically identical but Favre's team has three more wins. Even if Minnesota is a superior team which we are. It's not like if you put Rodgers on the Vikings we'd have any more wins. The numbers are identical. Rodgers is no better than Favre. I'd take Favre over Rodgers based off of experience alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back