And now for something controversial

BladeRunner

Getting Noticed By Management
This is something I've been noticing for years.

Why is it there are so many liberals out there that think they're so much smarter than everyone?

Why is it that there's so many pompous arrogant liberals? I see them all the time, no matter what part of the internet I go to.

Now listen, I don't hate liberals. I look at the individual and go from there. I judge you for if you're a cool person, not your political affiliation. If you're liberal, moderate, conservative, that's cool. I'm fine with everyone. I'm a centrist, and I see the good and bad in both sides.

But there are so many people online who happen to be on the left who treat everyone like shit because they think they're so much smarter than everyone.

Is it because liberals tend to put intelligence as the deciding factor of whether someone has value or not?

Now, there's some cool liberals on this forum. Lots in fact. I'd like the nice liberals to explain to me why there's these pompous assholes online who think they're better than everyone because they're liberal. Also if you're a conservative or moderate what's your opinion on why these people think they're so much better than everyone else?

These pompous liberals are making the good liberals look bad.

Their snide sarcasm and "I'm smarter than you" attitude makes you guys look bad.

If you let enough of these assholes keep pushing your message, then people are going to think you're one of them.

I would think you would want the nice people convincing others your particular political system is best, not the douches.

There's assholes in all political parties. But it doesn't benefit any of them.

Fundamentalism is on both sides of the aisle. And they make both sides look like jerks. And then everyone focuses on the fundamentalists to the detriment of the good people. Each side focuses on the extremisms of the other. But most people aren't these extremists.

Here's my take on it:

A fundamentalist is someone who thinks that if you're not EXACTLY what their particular politic or religion is, you're stupid, wrong, and evil. Modern politics is full of these types of people. And it makes it so discussion is stifled and people get polarized.

Now add in people who love power over others. Add in people who like to be apart of an "in group" and hate anyone in the "outside group". Add in people who are just looking for a reason to treat other people like shit. Politics gives people an easy reason to treat other people horribly. Their particular brand or whatever will pat them on the back for doing horrible things to those who believe differently.

This is why modern politics is chaotic, hateful, and full of despicable people. It gives angry depressed people a way to vent their frustrations on innocent people for simply believing differently.

One more thing I'd like to add.

I've dealt with conservative fundamentalists online as well.

They usually don't think they're smarter than people. They just tend to hate you if you're Muslim. Or not Christian. Or don't wholeheartedly believe in capitalism.

I've had one treat me horribly for me simply saying that not all muslims are crazy rabid psychopaths. They just couldn't believe otherwise no matter how many facts I put out there for them.

I've had another treat me horribly because I believe men and women are equal. And in case you're thinking it's a man thinking women are lesser, it was actually a woman who thought men were lesser! :lmao:

So I'm just saying I've dealt with both sides treating me horribly for having different opinions.

I would have to look at the statistics, but something tells me that a lot of outspoken liberals are college-educated, and thus have a confidence derived from their credentials. I don't need to look up the statistics to tell you that an overwhelming majority of college professors are liberal; this liberalism probably rubs off on their students.

Have you perhaps looked at nationality? I don't know who you're talking about here, but a lot of countries are more liberal than American in their general opinion, and the general stereotype of an American is not a smart one. When you meet an American, coming from almost any other country you assume you had a better education. At least thats what everyone I know would think.

Well interestingly enough, the ones who are loudest and angriest are rarely the most intellectual. It's what I would call pseudo-intellectuals. Some think they have the credentials, such as was said earlier, to act like they're "smarter" than you because they have whatever various diploma. But then again, I know some pretty dumb people with college diplomas. They may know how to memorize stuff, but very few know how to think for themselves.

And then there are others, as the next guy said, the people who think people are dumber because they happen to be from another country. This is rather ignorant on their part, because intelligence is spread throughout the world, seemingly popping up in what some would call the "crudest" places. You never know where genius will pop up. That's kind of a type of xenophobia some of the conservative fundamentalists had that I was talking about earlier. The fear of the "other", and then the villifying or "stupifying" it. "They're different from us, they must be stupider!"

But what I'm moreso talking of, are people that push their ideology as evidence of their intelligence. "Look, I'm a liberal, I must be smarter than you!" are the types I'm talking about. They do and say whatever their particular ideology tells them, and any deviation from said ideology will make them into raging monsters who absolutely hate your guts and think you're the stupidest thing on earth simply because you think otherwise.

There's extremists like these probably everywhere but they all seem to want to come to the internet to vent their frustrations! And woe be to you if you happen to be in their crosshairs.

I agree with you on judging people by their place of origin is ignorant, but that is deffinately a theme from where I'm from, just an idea.
But with your responce I would suggest that these pushy liberal types who aren't the brightest but bright enough, may not be able to understand why someone would dissagree with them, they not be able to see both sides, just intelligent enough to see one side well enough. Then they assume that the only reason someone would dissagree with them is if the other person wasnt bright enough. Ignorance begetting ignorance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back