An "old school" opinion of Superstar Billy Graham

The Superstar, along with Bruno Sammartino were the King Kong vs Godzilla, The Ali vs Frasier of the WWF in the 1970s. Both wrestlers were treated like jerks by Vince M.

Both the Superstar and Bruno could draw crowds just as large and MORE CONSISTENTLY than the WWE of today, and they did it with PURE TALENT and almost NO MARKETING and promotion.

There IS NO HALL OF FAME without Bruno.

The WWE HOF is nothing more than Vince McMahons personal mp3 play list.

No brick & mortar + no Bruno = NO hall of fame. Its a cheesy way to get the legends to show up, FOR FREE, at Wrestlemania. Its not really for the fans, and it CERTAINLY isnt for the legends themselves.

Big Props to Superstar Billy Graham. And Best of health.

Billy is in because he deserves it. Just be grateful that people recognize you as a talented wrestler and that that is the main reason YOU are in it. In every Hall of Fame in all sports not everyone is worthy in some people's eyes. You can't please everyone. Like I said be grateful you are in because of your talent and stop acting like a kid. Focus on the positives and not the negatives.

Many of the veteran wrestlers have grown up and realized many things. The biggest being that staying mad at someone and holding a grudge is childish and pointless. Vince really ticked off a lot of the older wrestlers back in the day, but he also did a lot of good and most of the time he was just trying to help. He also did something called business. Wrestlers like Bret Hart and Kevin Nash have realized this and moved past it. In any company the boss will always have to make tough decisions. If this guy has a grudge and is bitter he needs to either confront whoever he is upset with or just go far away until he grows up.

If he does have health problems that is very sad, but it is a part of life. All I know is if I had health problems I wouldn't focus on so much negativity. Be positive and try and make amends. No one wants anything like this on their conscious. I'm sure if he went to Vince in person he could actually bury the hatchet once and for all. Who knows.

He doesn't think Abdullah should be in the HOF because he allegedly gave Hepatitis C to an independent wrestler named Devon Nicholson. There is a documentary on youtube called "Don't Bleed on Me" about it in which Billy Graham appears. Check it out.

i agree with the OP...and Im old enough to remember him wrestling! he abused steroids so bad that he became unusable and then tried to stay in the limelight by appearing on Donahue and other shows to trash the very business that made him. he hasnt done anything in the 30 years since wrestling and he would have been a bitter nobody without it.

im assuming you havent watched this yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKnqPI-ujPU

enjoy.

Seriously? Wow is all I can say about that video. What a terrible person. Why would you wish so many bad things onto someone for calling you egotistical? I thought Shane Helms was saying bad things about Michaels, but this takes the cake. I think WWE should remove this man immediately and give him worse treatment than Benoit.

As for another poster mentioning Butcher was spreading HepC to younger wrestlers, that's also messed up. Very messed up. If that is true then I'm also done with Butcher.

People are acting like this is the first time Billy has voiced his disapproval of the HOF... Come on he Sold his Ring! So if he wants out let him out. I personally agree with him. Especially if Abbie will not provide any negative blood test! There are wrestlers out there walking around with a death sentence right now and do not even know it. If Abbie knows that he is Positive and he still continued to blade either himself or other wrestlers.... Well then he is no different then Chris Benoit, Juana Barraza, Verne Gagne, Jose Huertas Gonzales and I am sure there are others.

I agree it is not real but if you are going to turn a blind eye to one killer...Why not do it for all of them?

Lets not forget Cowboy Bob Orton. He knew he was positive and bladed during the Undertaker Randy Orton feud and was removed from the storyline. Taker was pissed and deservingly so.

Seriously? Wow is all I can say about that video. What a terrible person. Why would you wish so many bad things onto someone for calling you egotistical? I thought Shane Helms was saying bad things about Michaels, but this takes the cake. I think WWE should remove this man immediately and give him worse treatment than Benoit.

As for another poster mentioning Butcher was spreading HepC to younger wrestlers, that's also messed up. Very messed up. If that is true then I'm also done with Butcher.

Yeah dude, the video is on youtube.. it's called "Don't Bleed on Me" and Graham has a big part in it giving his take on Abdullah and his take on the situation. I'd recommend everyone check it out.. it's very interesting. I will make a thread about it actually and post the link.

But yeah Graham does come off as a bitter old man. Very bitter. But I guess I can't really blame him..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back